So about Agustus amd our mom...(spoilers)

ABoringGuy

V13 declared that our mom was created by black box just a day before the whole incident in SS Oceana. But that doesnt make much sense because she claims Agustus to be her old friend. Not to mention even Agustus acts like he knew her for years. Maybe like MC she was also a real person who died and was brought back to life or maybe Agustus was working with Creasent from start and was just ppaying along. What do you guys think about this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I....hadn't thought about that. Yeah, it could mean those things, but I think that it'd be more likely that Crescent's Gothitelle just put memories of Nancy into Augustus, to help the illusion. Otherwise how would Nancy know that she's worked with Augustus before? When she was brought back it didn't seem (to me at least) like she had previous memories.

Oooor
Another oversight, like how Risa Raiders shows up on Ana's Sidequest even if you completed the main quest where she dies

I feel like that makes more sense since some aspects of the story changed on v13 related to v12 and that could be one of them.. 

16 minutes ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

damn really?

that's... interesting

Similar thing happens with Lost Camp sidequest where Isha appears even though he is supposed to be in jail. Personally though I think its intentional rather then oversight. Since those quests are time sensitive and there is not much time(not to mention pretty long) to complete these quests unlike those in Gearen city.

1 hour ago, Lspaceship said:

I....hadn't thought about that. Yeah, it could mean those things, but I think that it'd be more likely that Crescent's Gothitelle just put memories of Nancy into Augustus, to help the illusion. Otherwise how would Nancy know that she's worked with Augustus before? When she was brought back it didn't seem (to me at least) like she had previous memories.

I feel like Nancy was a real person who died but doesnt exactly have all her memories. Or maybe she does have her memory but was someone who died protecting her child so when she got a chance to be a mother again she accepted without much question. Basically she was like Tesla willing to help others.

The main reason for this theory is that she has a full team of Fairy types. One of them being level 70. Not to mention Agustus said that the Mawile we get is offspring of her own Mawile which shouldn't be possible knowing she wouldnt have any time to breed it. She most likely was fairy gym leader/elite 8 who died and was revived along with her old team of Pokemon. It makes sense for Creasent to give our responsibility to someone who had good experience in battling and could protect us.

• Upvote 6

As much as Crescent kicks Nancy around, I think we've seen black boxes from actual living characters before in V13. Maybe all of Nancy's angst is about being a clone or a copy instead of just being fake. 

Or maybe the captain is in the game with crescent and playing among, yes

Now that it's been pointed out here, Nancy's character development does seem to bit a bit inconsistent. 

On the S.S Oceana, there is a bit of servant/master relationship between her and Crescent; we see Crescent give her orders (i.e die for the MC if it becomes necessary) which she complies to without question and we see her telling Crescent that she's fearful despite that she's not supposed to be able to feel.

This can be compared to Kanon's constant insistence that he is supposed to serve not be an actual person. 

However, she doesn't have the same characteristics as the other servants we've seen. She didn't seem to be lost without a master's orders and illustrated the capacity to make her own choices (i.e sabotaging Team Xen's machine at Blacksteeple)

Then in V13, it's revealed that Nancy came from a black box and that the black boxes appear to contain actual souls because Crescent created the MC soul fusion from them and our MC is referred to as "a deceased person inside of a doll." while Kanon did not. 

When Nancy reveals the truth of herself in Zeight she states "there was an instant connection" suggesting that there was a prior relationship between her and either the host MC or ours. 

Most of the development including what was pointed out about the Mawile does point to Nancy having been a deceased person as the Host MC was therefore that is what I am going with. At least for now. 

Either her memories were somehow irreparably destroyed or Crescent excluded them so she could rewrite the persona. It's possible Nancy wasn't even her original name as didn't Crescent have to tell her what her name was?

It's possible that Nancy behaved a bit like a servant at first because Crescent intended her as one despite that in essence she is not. 

Regardless, there had to have been some manipulation of Augustus's memories as well as those of at least some of the other passengers because there was no fuss over how neither Nancy or the MC were seen boarding the ship since technically neither did.

Augustus additionally would have needed either his relationship with Nancy and the MC written in or her death written out and the existing relationship to be rewritten to include the MC as her child like Dawn in Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Upvote 1

Should probably mention something in relation about the augustus theory. In zeight, Nancy did say that Crescent designed her to resemble someone else (which is highlighted in bold golden letters showing it’s important) so it’s possible Augustus knew the real Nancy or possibly the person who she was based off.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JK’S said:

Should probably mention something in relation about the augustus theory. In zeight, Nancy did say that Crescent designed her to resemble someone else (which is highlighted in bold golden letters showing it’s important) so it’s possible Augustus knew the real Nancy or possibly the person who she was based off.

Yeah, that seems most likely. Augustus did not know original Nancy died, so when they met he just assumed it is her. Crescent meanwhile briefed Nancy on who Augustus is and how to interact with him, so they looked like old pals. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JK’S said:

Crap, I forgot about that mention. 
If she was designed to resemble someone else than she's not a real soul? Now I'm confused. 

13 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Crap, I forgot about that mention. 
If she was designed to resemble someone else than she's not a real soul? Now I'm confused. 

I think it would be like... Crescent created Nancy to protect our MC, and the way she did it, was that she used a soul, but molded and re-formed her into looking like another person.. If she can put all the A-Class in a unique body, hell, she would be able to mold a soul into looking like someone else right?

15 hours ago, 321_King_123 said:

I think it would be like... Crescent created Nancy to protect our MC, and the way she did it, was that she used a soul, but molded and re-formed her into looking like another person.. If she can put all the A-Class in a unique body, hell, she would be able to mold a soul into looking like someone else right?

We still don't know what Crescent is or the extent of her abilities so it is plausible that if she can resurrect a soul she could reform it as well. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

We still don't know what Crescent is or the extent of her abilities so it is plausible that if she can resurrect a soul she could reform it as well. 

I imagine there was some Garufan magic involved. Maybe the Black Box was some device that was left behind after their extinction 

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

Im fairly sure all 6 are orphans and live in an orphanage though. 

Well... There´s a reason the MC is a orphan...

This still makes the theory of Nancy be molded with the soul of the MC Host mother applausable, after all if theyre orphans, at some point they had a mother

11 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Perhaps but all had to have had parents at some point and something had to have happened to those parents to orphan them. 

Are we even certain all of our MCs are not androids like Ana? Maybe Ana was a prototype, and our 6 were the finished product. 

2 minutes ago, Mageknight said:

They did have their essence absorbed by Nihilego and turned into statues.

And this proves what? Nim is a Storm-9, a natural(?) disaster, who also was turned into stone. Unless you can give me their DNA sequence and if this can have an effect on androids with souls or natural disasters, that hardly proves anything. 

6 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

And this proves what? Nim is a Storm-9, a natural(?) disaster, who also was turned into stone. Unless you can give me their DNA sequence and if this can have an effect on androids with souls or natural disasters, that hardly proves anything. 

iirc, Nim also needs life force to live, she just gets it from absorbing it from others. She still has a body somewhat resembling human biology. I'll admit, it is a stretch to assume that these androids cannot be affected by Nihilego, but I highly doubt they use the same kind of energy that a living being would.

I'll admit to recently considering the possibility that the android Ana we've been interacting with in the quest might be the exact same Ana that was in the MC class and the only Ana there has ever been. As in she doesn't have a real person counterpart and the grave is merely sentimental (I'm fairly certain that has to be a thing because there are plenty of scenarios in which a body is never found) however as for the other MCs

8 hours ago, Mageknight said:

I'll admit, it is a stretch to assume that these androids cannot be affected by Nihilego, but I highly doubt they use the same kind of energy that a living being would.

I concur with the latter of this. 
There is no stretch. Androids are machines that are formed to resemble humans that can contain souls hence Ren but no life essence and isn't Nihilego drawn to human life essence?

One thing we do know through Venom and Nim is that being turned to stone is not death, at least not immediate death and each of the MCs had souls none of which were consumed as Crescent fused them together in her resurrection magic.

Souls could be enough to draw the Nihilego but don't forget that Nim was unable to turn Ren to stone because his physical form is artificial (sorry off topic, but is Ren's real body still alive?). 

While Nim night not be human per se or even necessarily a natural life form (didn't Indraid create the first Storm-9?), I'm fairly certain that she is not an android otherwise that would have been revealed or at least hinted at by this point and because she is able to turn to stone herself. In fact due to her soul consumption she is closer in concept to being a Nihilego. She is Storm-9 personified and the Nihilego were a manifestation of Storm-9. 
Alright now I'm about to stretch plausibility but what if Nim is Nymira possessed by a Nihilego? We don't actually know what happened to her, Nim has a heavy resemblance to Nymira's line (she and Alexandra could be identical twins) and took her name from Nymira. Unless I am nuts, the first thing Nim said when she showed up in Sashila was the MC's name and Nymira knows the MC from their travels to the past. 

Granted we have not seen a Nihilego facing an android thus far and per the chapter title the MC backstory is still quite vague therefore it is not impossible but I don't believe it probable. 

5 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

There is no stretch. Androids are machines that are formed to resemble humans that can contain souls hence Ren but no life essence

Ren is just controlling a piece of metal remotely. Nim could not turn him to stone because it's not Ren at all, his soul is basically in his real body. Kieran and Clear might be of a very different design, barely androids at all. Not to mention Servants or Black Box creations like Nancy, how do they work? Im fairly sure it's impossible to determine who can contain life force, who cant, who can be affected and who cannot. 

7 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

sorry off topic, but is Ren's real body still alive?

Yeah sure, it's chilling in Xen HQ. 

9 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

and the Nihilego were a manifestation of Storm-9. 

Not necessarily, they might have just been attracted by it, and Ultra Beasts in general. We still dont know the exact nature of Storm-9 and how exactly it looks and what it entails.