The MC's Past [V13 SPOILERS]

Lucifer Morningstar

21 hours ago, JK’S said:

Regarding Maria, I feel like she gave Melia the archetype, or the archetype was transferred to Melia somehow, in the ruined timeline, we find out Melanie is Amelia counterpart, and she doesn’t possess the archetype and tried to steal it from Melia instead, so Melia possibly didn’t have the archetype originally.But if melanie is Melia counterpart it doesn’t explain why she’s a child while Melia is an teenager/young adult. So this is kinda a wild theory 

15 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I don't fully understand how Melanie is Melia's counterpart either and the age difference is one of the main reasons but I don't see how Melia acquired the Archetype in the ruined AU unless perhaps it was that Variya woman?

Don't forget that she still had the special ability to guarantee shiny Pokemon since before the beginning of the game's timeline. 

It's come to my attention that one of the changes in V13's writing is that after Melia's alleged death in Amethyst cave Ren tells the interceptor: "You might have just met her but you two seemed to click right away as if you've known each other for years" which sounds an awful lot like a foreshadow to @Iamteehee's theory that Melia is somehow connected to the interceptor. 

Could Melia be like the interceptor? A soul from another world placed inside of Maria's body?

The age difference can be explained pretty easily. Melia faked her death by time traveling and stayed in the past for a few years training. This is said in dialogue, I think during the first trip to the past, which is also why she looks older after she makes her return in Ch. 5. That is why Melia is much older then Mealine.

Edited by pizzagod13

38 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

The age difference can be explained pretty easily. Melia faked her death by time traveling and stayed in the past for a few years training. This is said in dialogue, I think during the first trip to the past, which is also why she looks older after she makes her return in Ch. 5. That is why Melia is much older then Mealine.

I thought Melia was older than Melanie before her alleged death as well. She was 15 and isn't Melanie a child? Or does she just act like one hehe. 

1 hour ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I thought Melia was older than Melanie before her alleged death as well. She was 15 and isn't Melanie a child? Or does she just act like one hehe. 

My theory is that Maria reincarnates Vivian-style after dying/being sacrificed, resulting in Marianette and later Melia. If this holds true, then Melia/Melanie may "count" as the same individual because they are the same iteration of the reincarnation. Or pehaps the same would hold true if Melia came in contact with previous iterations like Maria or Marianette.

22 hours ago, Dausk said:

My theory is that Maria reincarnates Vivian-style after dying/being sacrificed, resulting in Marianette and later Melia. If this holds true, then Melia/Melanie may "count" as the same individual because they are the same iteration of the reincarnation. Or pehaps the same would hold true if Melia came in contact with previous iterations like Maria or Marianette.

I have believed this as well except Marianette is not a reincarnation, she's Maria but I now feel there is room for other possibilities. 

On 8/11/2021 at 10:44 PM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I've just completed both routes of the school of nightmares and am still a little lost on the reveal...or rather not quite a reveal of the MC's true identity. 

In the span of a single series of conversations the MC is referred to as 3 different entities:

- "A being from another world"

- "A deceased person inside of a doll"
-  A composite of all of the MCs.

The second one is supported by the scene in which the original MC was inhabited and essentially replaced with the Interceptor so what do the other two references mean? 

Is the MC character that goes by our chosen name, the interceptor a real person or some kind of fabricated soul and if it's the former will we find out the our actual origins? Our Nightmare Realm was more or less the original MC's past not ours.

I've also been pondering how this connects to the scene in which the MC falls into a coma. Did being near that house again trigger the NPC MC to briefly awaken and it was them who did all the freaking out ("KEEP IT TOGETHER"!)? This would match with the meltdown the NPC MC has after we defeat them.

I've never been clear on who the two people are who are conversing in that scene though I am pretty sure neither is us. Was it Adrest and the NPC MC?

(funny side note: how awkward is this event for players who chose to keep their MC's original name lol. Come on, there must be some people out there who did right?)

I kinda thought that the interceptor with being described as a being from another world and able to change fate is non other than our selves (in the 4th Wall Breaking sense).

The deceased person inside of a doll is imo the fact that Crescent seemed to have created the MC from a black box and thereby possibly resurrecting the souls of all the MCs inside a fake? body, like done with the black boxes before on saki/val/adam

Idk, this update was a lot of story plot twists to digest gonna look some more things up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alphaverb said:

I kinda thought that the interceptor with being described as a being from another world and able to change fate is non other than our selves (in the 4th Wall Breaking sense).

That's actually a solid theory and would be pretty awesome. 

3 hours ago, Alphaverb said:

The deceased person inside of a doll is imo the fact that Crescent seemed to have created the MC from a black box and thereby possibly resurrecting the souls of all the MCs inside a fake? body, like done with the black boxes before on saki/val/adam

In that sense the MC is several deceased people inside a doll. A soul hotel as Venam put it hehe. 

5 hours ago, JK’S said:

Just wanna make sure I didn’t miss anything but we got an answer on how the MC is made up of multiple souls and stuff. But did v13 tell us how exactly adrest’s soul ended up in the MC’s body or did I miss it?

Somewhat. When Alexander is talking about the letter that Ren gave her (which was written by Nymeria), Nymeria states in the letter that Adrest said that they would inhabit the one who set them free from their slumber in Amethyst Grotto (the place where time can be reset). So presumably MC set them free at some point, maybe resetting time in the process? 

Nothing is certain yet, but that is what we have been told so far.

1 hour ago, pizzagod13 said:

Somewhat. When Alexander is talking about the letter that Ren gave her (which was written by Nymeria), Nymeria states in the letter that Adrest said that they would inhabit the one who set them free from their slumber in Amethyst Grotto (the place where time can be reset). So presumably MC set them free at some point, maybe resetting time in the process? 

Nothing is certain yet, but that is what we have been told so far.

Right.

Actual events and other information don't line up with this, i.e Alexandra claims that the one who presses the reset button should be the one individual who remembers the previous timeline but the MC does not. 

However this is all we've been told thus far. 

It's still all very obscure and uncertain. Hence chapter 15's title "vague clarity". I expect that Adrest himself will finish clearing everything up in V14 when we awaken him which we're ready to do.

2 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Right.

Actual events and other information don't line up with this, i.e Alexandra claims that the one who presses the reset button should be the one individual who remembers the previous timeline but the MC does not. 

However this is all we've been told thus far. 

It's still all very obscure and uncertain. Hence chapter 15's title "vague clarity". I expect that Adrest himself will finish clearing everything up in V14 when we awaken him which we're ready to do.

It could potentially just be some sort of anomaly because the MC is the interceptor. Like maybe Adrest is the one who remembered or something? IDK. 

I honestly wonder if Adrest will cooperate with a MC that joined the baddies, Clear and Kieran say that nobody else will know what happened here (the place where you can agree to join them) but would that also apply to Adrest who is a part of you?

Maybe we will get an Adrest boss fight for evil MCs. 

2 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Chances are high that Adrest is the one who did reset everything. And as well as the whole conglomerate of souls inside MC, he doesnt share memory with us. There is still a big question of what YOU, a player, are. We inhabit a body that consist of 6 souls + Adrest chilling inside, but where does that leave us, the player? Also there is a matter of Ana, who seemingly was with us in the orphanage and if this correlates at all. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Cyphre said:

There is still a big question of what YOU, a player, are. We inhabit a body that consist of 6 souls + Adrest chilling inside, but where does that leave us, the player?

That is my original question here.

The interceptor (the player) is a separate soul from the fusion of that class and I would like to know where that soul came from. The most we are told is that they're "a being from another world". 

The MC's nightmare realm only scratched at the surface and essentially revealed the host's past not the interceptor's. 

I do like the 4th wall theory that was suggested, that the interceptor is literally the actual player sitting at their computer making the choices but due to the implied connection with Melia I am not entirely convinced that that's it. 

7 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Also there is a matter of Ana, who seemingly was with us in the orphanage and if this correlates at all. 

Yes, I want to know where Ana fits in since the tombstone outside the school establishes that she died before Storm-9. 

Unfortunately, someone confirmed in another thread that other than some dialogue differences and Aevis being shown as the last survivor with Crescent who's body becomes the host, the nightmare realm doesn't change when playing as her despite that she wasn't there for that event. Which is honestly kind of sloppy and disappointing even though I respect that a lot of work is going into this game and went into this chapter in particular. 

I wanna bring up Crescent for a topic. In the Player characters nightmare realm, she says that her actual name is not actually crescent right? I just finished the Eclysia pyramid in my replay, and Clear calls Crescent “Little Dahila” in the flashback with Adam sale braxien outside honec woods. Could this be her real name?

I think this is just a smartass nickname. Im not a flower expert, but google convinced me dahlia is generally a flower, assotiated with romance and eternal devotion, while in the negative context of the flower it means instability and dishonesty. Which pretty much describes obessive and manipulative Crescent. 

4 hours ago, JK’S said:

I wanna bring up Crescent for a topic. In the Player characters nightmare realm, she says that her actual name is not actually crescent right? I just finished the Eclysia pyramid in my replay, and Clear calls Crescent “Little Dahila” in the flashback with Adam sale braxien outside honec woods. Could this be her real name?

I don't recall Crescent revealing that Crescent wasn't her actual name but I do recall her mentioning a brother she wasn't close with named Mϋn (which due to a Netflix film I watched a while ago, I think is pronounced 'mew-n'), a name that compliments Crescent because I think it means 'moon'. I tried to put it into Google translate but it didn't recognize it and without the accent it's an Arabic word meaning 'from'. I might have gotten the accented U wrong but that is the closest my character map app has. 

I wonder if we'll learn more about this brother and their falling out or perhaps even meet him. 

3 hours ago, Cyphre said:

I think this is just a smartass nickname. Im not a flower expert, but google convinced me dahlia is generally a flower, assotiated with romance and eternal devotion, while in the negative context of the flower it means instability and dishonesty. Which pretty much describes obessive and manipulative Crescent. 

I agree with this. It was probably a sarcastic jab at Crescent's obsessive and controlling nature. 

Even discounting the fact that it was Clear impersonating Crescent who manipulated Nim the real Crescent has still illustrated herself to be obsessive and controlling of the MC (i.e lying to Ren to use him as a mole in Team Xen and her insistence that she be the MC's only friend. "No, they're not your friends, I'm your friend").  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, Dausk said:

I apologize for being vague. I was referring to Variya (didn't remember her name, had to look it up). She's the woman who appears alongside Adrest in the flashbacks, and who made the NPC MC the Interceptor. She also appeared before Melia activated her archetype powers in the ruined timeline, and behind the MC during the puppet master fight. The journal in the Den of Souls (which was presumably written around her time) states that Pokemon had become extinct (or something like that). That sounds like a problem that could only be fixed with a reset.

Another thing that I just realised is how Ana's Grandma says how Pokemon became extinct from one of Ana's memories. Could this link to anything I wonder?

On 8/12/2021 at 7:18 AM, Dausk said:

The entire situation was extremely confusing. To my understanding, the MC is a combination of the Interceptor (the player), Adrest (perhaps the "being from another world" since the world had to be reset for him to emerge), and the souls of all the available MC's (with the chosen character being the dominant one). Considering Ana is playable with the correct code, I wonder how she fits into all this?

spoiler alert: ANA actually has interceptor mode

Remember the flashback when Variya calls our past character Adrest? And that she is happy when he finally calls her mother. Now I have a theory that the world was reset 2 times! 1st time our MC reset the world and got Adrest in him but failed to make anything better. The flashback is from after 1st reset. And 2nd reset someone else did it after Adrest tried to do it by himself after Variya made him stronger by making him interceptor, probably Kieran and Clears boss so we dont know anything that happened cause someone else reset instead of us.

• Upvote 1

I saw someone talking about Melia maybe being connected to Interceptor.

Like I said in another topic, it's possible that Archetype/Arceus and Interceptor(maybe one of the two parts of the original deity?) can work together. They have many simiilarities:

-MC got blonde hair when undergoing Interceptor's form, same color shades of Melia's hair;

-MC got change of clothes, like a light armour. Same for Melia, the artwork is different in clothes.

-These form they have are like "god-mode" and they have their "special powers"(Interceptium Z can destroy shields, barriers, create own barrier and create substitutes without losing HPs; Melia can create barriers)

-They have the same "inner place" where it's hold their source of their powers: Zeight. 

If Interceptor is just one of the "Arceus" that actually survived instead of dying from injuries, this can be actually be something.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, Bok_Choy777 said:

Another thing that I just realised is how Ana's Grandma says how Pokemon became extinct from one of Ana's memories. Could this link to anything I wonder?

I've been contemplating that perhaps the android we've been interacting with in the sidequest is the same Ana who was in the MC class and the grave is just sentimental.

I believe Pokemon going extinct is something also mentioned in the Garufan city in the 3rd Layer. Wasn't this the reason the LAIR droid line was created?

Perhaps Ana is also a Garufan creation and was involved in the last reset. As her memory is digital data it could have easily been erased by a human rather than the reset. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I've been contemplating that perhaps the android we've been interacting with in the sidequest is the same Ana who was in the MC class and the grave is just sentimental.

I believe Pokemon going extinct is something also mentioned in the Garufan city in the 3rd Layer. Wasn't this the reason the LAIR droid line was created?

Perhaps Ana is also a Garufan creation and was involved in the last reset. As her memory is digital data it could have easily been erased by a human rather than the reset. 

I think it'll be cool if Ana's memories will be fully restored. I'm pretty sure it is confirmed Ana was actually a person and not a robot, and that she did have eyes before. In Alamissa when Ren gives you the Sylveon, he goes into his flashback of how Crescent made him join Team Xen. In that cutscene in Crescent's hideout, you see pics of all the protags including Ana, who actually had eyes. However, the fact she's an android makes me think she is a Garufan creation like you've stated, possibly made by the 3rd Layer. So it's very interesting what her role would be later on in the story

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

I think it'll be cool if Ana's memories will be fully restored. I'm pretty sure it is confirmed Ana was actually a person and not a robot, and that she did have eyes before. In Alamissa when Ren gives you the Sylveon, he goes into his flashback of how Crescent made him join Team Xen. In that cutscene in Crescent's hideout, you see pics of all the protags including Ana, who actually had eyes. However, the fact she's an android makes me think she is a Garufan creation like you've stated, possibly made by the 3rd Layer. So it's very interesting what her role would be later on in the story

I took another look and you're right Ana is depicted in Crescent's pictures with eyes. 

It can be argued that the droid's eyes could have been destroyed but I doubt it. That's reaching a bit too much. 

I sincerely hope that the droid's memories will be fully restored. I believe she's up to 50%-75% right now? So it might be possible to reach completion in the next segment of the quest. 

so i am replaying the game right now and there is one thing that is bugging me. when we go back into past, melia says we have gone back about half a century. could be 50-60 and i dont belive it should be more than that. The melia we see is 18(its on the rejuv wiki) BUT when she was diagnosed in that garufa machine, her age was 76 or something, idr exactly what. That would definitely mean that the machine gave the age of something that is in melia and not melia. It could be that she has maria's soul inside her and it has been 70 yrs from that point (which i think is weird because its just way more that half a century or maybe i am just taking things way too literally here). Melia could have been formed the same way our own MC was formed. And i say formed here because she was given to dr jenner by team xen. who works for team xen? nastasia. maria was nastasia's only friend when they were young and given how much her mother knew about things, she might have known about garufa and indriad and the co. Which is why when erin in the den of souls say to melia that you are maria, she probably sees her as maria (the same way the protags friends  see them as different people based on the souls inside them) as she was when they were together . So i think that because of this melia is somehow connected to the core and has the archetype because of maria.

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2021 at 4:29 PM, reaper. said:

The melia we see is 18(its on the rejuv wiki) BUT when she was diagnosed in that garufa machine, her age was 76 or something, idr exactly what. That would definitely mean that the machine gave the age of something that is in melia and not melia.

75 was referred to as an existential age.

I believe this is similar to how a vampire has the age of their turn (how long one was alive with a beating heart) which becomes physically unchanging and the age that combines that with the number of years the've remained on earth since. 

In Melia's case, I concur, I believe it's counting a past incarnation which is Maria. From what I have gathered, reincarnation is multiple rebirths of the same soul, therefore, no Maria isn't "something that is in Melia" it is Melia. Her soul was once Maria. Thoeretically for now. 

On 9/6/2021 at 4:29 PM, reaper. said:

Which is why when erin in the den of souls say to melia that you are maria, she probably sees her as maria (the same way the protags friends  see them as different people based on the souls inside them)

She didn't say that in the Den of Souls, she said it at the league administration base and establishes that process of elimination seems to point to it. 

The theory that she can be seen as Maria is still solid however despite that she is already pretty identical to Maria naturally. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2021 at 5:55 PM, S7rife said:

-MC got blonde hair when undergoing Interceptor's form, same color shades of Melia's hair;

I read this and was genuinely confused for a second as I could've sworn that aero has black hair when he changes, so I went to the graphics folder to check. It seems that only aevis and aevia get blond hair when they change.