The MC's Past [V13 SPOILERS]

Lucifer Morningstar

4 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Yes, I am surprised this isn't a more popular discussion, it's quite curious indeed that Nim seemed to know MC when she first came into our world. 
My best guess is that it was a foreshadow to another time travel event that is coming up in V14. 

true i it might be possible for a another time travel event to take place .what do you think is gonna happen

22 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

That's right, he was behind the spell interruption and Blakeory.
Since the spell didn't provide complete protection Vitus still got his storm-9 but I still don't understand what he gained from getting Blakeory to manipulate Hazuki. 

Maybe because he wanted to weaken her and company, due to her mysterious crush for Blakeory, making her weak or something, but that's just a theory...

22 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Yes, I am surprised this isn't a more popular discussion, it's quite curious indeed that Nim seemed to know MC when she first came into our world. 
My best guess is that it was a foreshadow to another time travel event that is coming up in V14. 

For a moment, I thought that maybe Nymiera said that before "dying"(?) and maybe reincarnated into Nim, but I'm not so sure

4 hours ago, FuntimeDude said:

For a moment, I thought that maybe Nymiera said that before "dying"(?) and maybe reincarnated into Nim, but I'm not so sure

its posibble because how does nim mention she might be overlapped with nymeria and in the cutscene she says the names of her discples and the player which nim couldnt met in the time period damien is from

3 hours ago, Z.. said:

So when the pc was given the option to be the interceptor they were replaced by our character? Does our character have an origin or is this just supposed to be a fourth wall break?

That is the question that I started this topic to discuss. 
At the moment it's unclear and there are a few different insinuations i.e a deceased person inside of a doll and a being from another world. 
"A being from another world" can be compliant with a 4th wall break but the MC's first encounter with Kieran in Valor Mt. is standing out to me as of late. At one point during the interaction we're given a reaction prompt and if we select 'Do I know you?' he responds something to the effect of "Once. In another life."

This appears to establish that the Interceptor!MC does have a separate character and past from the NPC MC who had some form of relationship with C&K as opposed to just being data their fallen third team member had.

I am quite intrigued to see if we learn more. 

3 hours ago, Z.. said:

So when the pc was given the option to be the interceptor they were replaced by our character? Does our character have an origin or is this just supposed to be a fourth wall break?

Who knows at this point. 

Interceptor can be literally us, as in a person behind the screen, which would easily qualify as a person from another world. 
Just as well Interceptor can be an entity from inside the game world, but from a different/previous world or dimension. 

Kieran could also know the protagonist (i.e. his body) and not our Interceptor consiousness. This is supported by the fact that Interceptor didnt appear in previous "attempts", as was stated by Madame X. 

12 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Kieran could also know the protagonist (i.e. his body) and not our Interceptor consiousness. This is supported by the fact that Interceptor didnt appear in previous "attempts", as was stated by Madame X. 

That's fair and I forgot about Madame X establishing that this is the first attempt that the interceptor has appeared in but Kieran knows that the interceptor is not the Vessel!MC so it's strange that he would address them as such. 

3 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

That's fair and I forgot about Madame X establishing that this is the first attempt that the interceptor has appeared in but Kieran knows that the interceptor is not the Vessel!MC so it's strange that he would address them as such. 

Another possibility is in the world Kieran came from there was it's own Interceptor (or even this exact one) and he was evil or failed in saving the world. 

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

Another possibility is in the world Kieran came from there was it's own Interceptor (or even this exact one) and he was evil or failed in saving the world. 

That's not opposition to them though. Clear and Kieran are fighting for oblivion, "a world with no future". I'm not sure what this means but the MC is only recruited to join them with maximum bad ending calc which Clear and Kieran establish as being the path of destruction. 

I think it's more probable that the interceptor was good in their world and defeated them. Now their interferences in the interceptor's life in this world, eliminating the Avium league and restoring the vessel!MC's memories, hell even manipulating Kenneth and Taelia to open the grotto is an attempt to nudge the interceptor down their path. Which can be successful. 

11 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I think it's more probable that the interceptor was good in their world and defeated them. Now their interferences in the interceptor's life in this world, eliminating the Avium league and restoring the vessel!MC's memories, hell even manipulating Kenneth and Taelia to open the grotto is an attempt to nudge the interceptor down their path. Which can be successful. 

I dont think their goal has anything to do with Interceptor. I dont remember it well, but i'm fairly sure their world is a destroyed shithole barely fit for a living, kinda like Future Arc. That is what lead me to believe their Interceptor has failed in saving their world if there was one. 

The strange thing is that Kieran already knew that inside NPC!MC there is the Interceptor and, the first time, he helped them with Valor Mountain and then, in Chapter 13, said that "blocking memories is bad for health", meaning that he knew the thing and he'll go against us all the times we meet him. Why helping us if we are the only person who can block them? (Clear stated that Interceptor has higher chance to win against them). He came to know that the Interceptor is living, after their first death in Valor Mountain?

On 2/4/2022 at 2:37 AM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

That's not opposition to them though. Clear and Kieran are fighting for oblivion, "a world with no future". I'm not sure what this means but the MC is only recruited to join them with maximum bad ending calc which Clear and Kieran establish as being the path of destruction. 

On 2/4/2022 at 2:49 AM, Cyphre said:

I dont think their goal has anything to do with Interceptor. I dont remember it well, but i'm fairly sure their world is a destroyed shithole barely fit for a living, kinda like Future Arc. That is what lead me to believe their Interceptor has failed in saving their world if there was one. 

Exactly, Clear and Kieran claim to fight for Oblivion, so if the timeline they come from is really a "destroyed shithole", then that would rule them out from being the ones to reset time, after all, destruction is what they claim to want (unless there world was "destroyed" in the wrong way, and they really want it to be nothingness rather than just ruined). 

I do agree with Cyphre that there goal likely has nothing to do with the interceptor, it is just that the interceptor can help or hinder them, so manipulating/observing them makes sense.

However, one thing to mention is that Team Xen stops trying to kill the MC once they learn they are the interceptor, which is interesting. I guess maybe they don't know you can't come back infinite times? Otherwise, them leaving you alone and not trying to stab you or something doesn't really make much sense, I guess they just assumed they would fail? Or maybe, they need the interceptor to exist? 

Another idea in my mind is that the last interceptor lost to them, and the world was destroyed. However, the previous interceptor managed to reset time right before they died (they ran out of lives), which is why a new interceptor (I.E. the Player) was needed... And yes, I do think the interceptor can "lose", just because they choose to save the world, does not mean they will have the info/strength to save the world, they could also make mistakes, or the wrong choices (in fact, the player can do this), and lead the world to ruin despite their efforts. 

Honestly, there is not really enough info to make a definitive conclusion.

The ultimate twist would be that Clear and Kieran are good and are deceiving an Evil Interceptor, but that seems doubtful. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2022 at 8:15 PM, pizzagod13 said:

The ultimate twist would be that Clear and Kieran are good and are deceiving an Evil Interceptor, but that seems doubtful. 

I concur. The fact that they only recruit an Interceptor that appears to want destruction and I think it's safe to assume they don't want to save the world tells me that an evil interceptor is compatible with their goal rather than a threat to it. Ergo they're definitely not good. 

However, as pointed out, we can't draw a definitive conclusion particularly since we have no idea what they mean by "Oblivion". It seems obvious that it refers to nothingness but one never knows and even so what about nothingless is appealing to them? Can they even exist to enjoy it?