Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

Alright, just another couple of bugs I've found during my walkthrough. Putting these under the spoilers, to keep things less messy.

Spoiler

Whenever my Pokemon fainted from Stealth Rock, I got the following error message:

efeebddb7a1d6106a3d5c7708b68889a.png.7dd5c72eef468984f7d0f9fcecc01627.png 

This didn't break my game (or even did anything, as far as I've noticed), but I thought it might be a good idea sharing it here.

Spoiler

When this Relicanth used Dive, the animation showed as if my Drifblim used the move, but on the second turn the animation played right (my Drifblim repearred without any animation, and Relicanth "resurfaced" as it should)

a9d888f8d756a1a606b0429b38188276.png.f26b4744fcb343f62440eb551726e288.png

Edited by junk-boy

• Global Mods
43 minutes ago, junk-boy said:

Alright, just another couple of bugs I've found during my walkthrough. Putting these under the spoilers, to keep things less messy.

Reveal hidden contents

Whenever my Pokemon fainted from Stealth Rock, I got the following error message:

efeebddb7a1d6106a3d5c7708b68889a.png.7dd5c72eef468984f7d0f9fcecc01627.png 

This didn't break my game (or even did anything, as far as I've noticed), but I thought it might be a good idea sharing it here.

Reveal hidden contents

When this Relicanth used Dive, the animation showed as if my Drifblim used the move, but on the second turn the animation played right (my Drifblim repearred without any animation, and Relicanth "resurfaced" as it should)

a9d888f8d756a1a606b0429b38188276.png.f26b4744fcb343f62440eb551726e288.png

I've never seen that happen with Stealth Rock before and added it to the list. For the second, this happens with all 2-turn moves where the Pokemon disappears on the first turn. I don't know anything about animation editing so I'm not sure if I can fix it, but thank you for your reports. 

• 2 months later...

I need help. When I open the game i keep getting this error

Exception: ArgumentError
176:Compiler:4032:in `sprintf'
176:Compiler:4032:in `pbImportNewMaps'
176:Compiler:4031:in `chdir'
176:Compiler:4031:in `pbImportNewMaps'
176:Compiler:4184

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, AnCearnaighMor said:

Is there anything I can do when it comes up? 

I haven't seen any suggested solutions or fixes when people have mentioned it happening in fangames, unfortunately. The only thing I could think of is not having too many tabs/windows/programs running in the background while playing might reduce the chances of it happening

Does it look like this...

“The Script is taking too long. The game will restart. Would you like to save the game?”

I’ve had that happened very few times in Rejuvenation. There’s not much you can do except save and reload (unless saving it causes a soft lock).

Even the YouTuber named Shofu had that happen once when recording Episode 15 during the gauntlet couple years ago (the time one of the team meteor grunts was about to send out Vileplume).

1 hour ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

I’ve had that happened very few times in Rejuvenation. There’s not much you can do except save and reload (unless saving it causes a soft lock).

When I try to reload the save I get the same pop up and the window closes.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, AnCearnaighMor said:

When I try to reload the save I get the same pop up and the window closes.

If you're willing to send me your save file, I can see if I'm able to load it. Hopefully if I can load it from my end and then save the game, that might fix it from your end too.

10 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

If you're willing to send me your save file, I can see if I'm able to load it. Hopefully if I can load it from my end and then save the game, that might fix it from your end too.

I managed to start from another save after I deleted some of the old ones. Thanks anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
8 hours ago, SjaakBakkerYT said:

the move called "king's shield" puts up a message when a contact move hits it. king's shield is eagislash's signature move.

can you take a look at it?

errorlog.txt 1.58 kB · 0 downloads

EDIT: @SjaakBakkerYT King's Shield has been fixed for the next reupload thanks to a script provided by Groniack!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently downloaded pokemon Spork and I have really been enjoying it. I noticed that when my lanturn reached level 28 he went back down to level 24 it happened right after I won again the second gym. Sorry if this bug has already been reported. I tried levelling him up again to see if he would then be on level 29. He is currently on level 25. I don't know if the issue will happen again when I get him back up to level 28 but I will let you know.

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, IndigoFirefly said:

I recently downloaded pokemon Spork and I have really been enjoying it. I noticed that when my lanturn reached level 28 he went back down to level 24 it happened right after I won again the second gym. Sorry if this bug has already been reported. I tried levelling him up again to see if he would then be on level 29. He is currently on level 25. I don't know if the issue will happen again when I get him back up to level 28 but I will let you know.

I think I remember hearing of a similar EXP bug with Ralts, though I don't remember if it was Spork-specific or happens with the Essentials engine. 

The next reupload is going to be within the next couple hours but I could do more research in the future for what causes it and how to fix. In the meantime if you go into your party, select Lanturn and then Debug, it should bring up a menu where you can change its level so you can get it to where it would've been normally.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
2 minutes ago, AnCearnaighMor said:

When I go through the Teclanite Factory for the Neo East Gearen City Quest, the key that's supposed to be in the back room isn't there. Has it been moved or is this a bug? 

This is the Spork bug reporting thread, I think you meant to post in the Rejuvenation one 😅

• 1 month later...

So, this is really minor and it's less of a bug and more of an omission, but the Berry shop in Aliora City doesn't seem to have the Berries that boost Atk in a pinch. They're called Liechi per Bulbapedia.

Not sure it's worth your time to really fix it but I thought since I noticed it, I might as well point it out. Again, thank you for all your hard work on this game.

Spoiler

Missing Berry.PNG

Edited by ReverseRaven

• Global Mods
53 minutes ago, ReverseRaven said:

So, this is really minor and it's less of a bug and more of an omission, but the Berry shop in Aliora City doesn't seem to have the Berries that boost Atk in a pinch. They're called Liechi per Bulbapedia.

Not sure it's worth your time to really fix it but I thought since I noticed it, I might as well point it out. Again, thank you for all your hard work on this game.

Hide contents

Missing Berry.PNG

Fixed, thanks for letting me know! The issue here was a typo in the event. While Liechi Berries were scripted in the list of items the NPC sells, I misspelled Liechi:

image.png.ee502e0cb4e0dff5deb0642ffe5d252b.png

so they weren't showing up in the list of items for players to buy. I'm surprised that the NPC was working at all, since normally when an item is misspelled in an event, it causes the game to crash. 

All bugs are worth being reported and fixed, and this was a nice observation! ✅

• Like 1

ive started playing and want to let you know that the moves thousand arrows doesnt have the right function as it should have and thats what it supposed to be right? and when i used that move the effect is just wrong and used like mist, just wanna give you a headsup

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-26 9_42_55 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-26 9_50_47 PM.png

Edited by Shadowarceus950
cuz i made a mistake its my first time posting on this forum and want to clarify some error thats happening

• Global Mods
30 minutes ago, Shadowarceus950 said:

ive started playing and want to let you know that the moves thousand arrows doesnt have the right function as it should have and thats what it supposed to be right? and when i used that move the effect is just wrong and used like mist, just wanna give you a headsup

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-26 9_42_55 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-26 9_50_47 PM.png

Now fixed for next reupload, thanks for reporting! ✅ It had the function code of Misty Terrain instead of Thousand Arrows.

i also found more defects that i should let you know that theres no charizardite X there were two charizardite y and when i tested both of them 1 of them works just fine for mega charizard Y but the other one has no mega icon in battle and i tested the mewtwo x and y form and they're working just fine and ive also tested mega charizard X form by debug to see if it works, mega charizard X forms only works when you force it to have that form without the megastone but the megastone doesnt allow it to mega evolve to X form, if i find anymore defects i let you know, nothing is perfect but this is a really well done fan game im glad i tried it out and im also gladly gonna point out the defects in this game to help you fixing it

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 10_50_15 AM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 11_02_30 AM.png

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, Shadowarceus950 said:

i also found more defects that i should let you know that theres no charizardite X there were two charizardite y and when i tested both of them 1 of them works just fine for mega charizard Y but the other one has no mega icon in battle and i tested the mewtwo x and y form and they're working just fine and ive also tested mega charizard X form by debug to see if it works, mega charizard X forms only works when you force it to have that form without the megastone but the megastone doesnt allow it to mega evolve to X form, if i find anymore defects i let you know, nothing is perfect but this is a really well done fan game im glad i tried it out and im also gladly gonna point out the defects in this game to help you fixing it

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 10_50_15 AM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 11_02_30 AM.png

Oh for this one I changed Charizardite X to a Charizardite Y since Mega Charizard X isn't intended to be in Spork

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

And then we get to moves that may have been duplicated such as Sacred Sword and Surf. One of them is the correct type while the other is a Normal Type move without battle animations.

The Normal-type variants are for the Battle VR. In the Battle VR, all the human Pokemon and the damage-dealing moves they can use are Normal-type

27 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Oh for this one I changed Charizardite X to a Charizardite Y since Mega Charizard X isn't intended to be in Spork

ah i see np^^ i respect your decision if you prefer charizard Y over X, im going to test out every movesets of different pokemon and all the forms to see if they work i'll let you know when i see any more defects, its the least i can do for an awesome fan made pokemon game keep up the wonderful work, i may not being as good as you for making fan made games but i used to be a former pokemon battler profesional myself

Edited by Shadowarceus950
  • Thanks 1