Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

• Global Mods
34 minutes ago, sleepy_goblin said:

Here's your save file, I was able to move when I started up the game. I also tested Chelsea's dialogue (without saving after so you could play where you left off) and it starts from the beginning. 

The errorlog showed two error messages if I read it right (the errorlog doesn't have spaces between error messages, so when reading them it's sometimes a guess where one error ends and another begins), and strangely I don't think either error message is related to the freeze. The first looks like a script is hanging error, and the second is the one related to soft resetting in debug mode. What you described in your post sounds like a script is hanging error, but since the other error message is the most recent, it's possible the freeze here didn't leave an error message at all when your game froze? Which would be strange if it's a script is hanging error since you got one earlier that did record a message in the errorlog. 

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, sfred632 said:

I leveled a Beldum up to 20 and it evolved into a Metang. The Metang somehow got set to level 16 and didn't learn confusion or metal claw.

It looks like the issue here is that Beldum and Metang have different EXP growth rates. There was a similar issue with Chinchou and Lanturn a while back. Beldum's EXP growth rate is supposed to be Slow, but it was set to Fluctuating, while Metang's was correctly listed as Slow. Fixed for the next reupload. 

51 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It looks like the issue here is that Beldum and Metang have different EXP growth rates. There was a similar issue with Chinchou and Lanturn a while back. Beldum's EXP growth rate is supposed to be Slow, but it was set to Fluctuating, while Metang's was correctly listed as Slow. Fixed for the next reupload. 

Holy Moly that was quick, not even 20 minutes after I posted my problem. Thanks for all your great work!

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, sfred632 said:

I think I have another EXP mismatch. Level 45 Hakamo-o turned into a level 47 Kommo-o.

Thanks, fixed for next reupload! In this case Jangmo-o and Kommo-o had Fluctuating EXP growth rate while Hakamo-o was the only one with the correct growth rate of Slow.

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, sfred632 said:

I promise I'm not looking for these, but I have two more: lvl 50 Shellder -> lvl 51 Cloyster, and lvl 30 Kirlia -> lvl 27 Gardevoir.

Fixed both, thanks! With the Ralts line, Gardevoir was the only one with the correct growth rate; checked Gallade too and it also had Fluctuating instead of Slow.

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, sliversky48 said:

Just a small thing not bug but struggle bug move's power has been changed from 30 to 50 since gen VI so could you please change that too in game?

Edit: and 1 more thing is Eiscue not have its signature ability Ice Face, dont know if that's your intention or not.

I didn't know that Struggle Bug had an increase in power, will update for the next reupload. 

For Ice Face, I was unsuccessful in scripting it. See the notepad file gen7and8movesandabilities included in the game folder for the list I was able to add. 

Just found randomly another thing that if you heal pokemon by a healing machine and battle with trainer before the sound of a healing machine ends, battle theme music will not played, only sfx sound left.
And about move Rapid Spin, now has a power of 50. When inflicting damage, Rapid Spin now also raises the user's Speed by one stage since gen VIII.

• Global Mods
22 minutes ago, sliversky48 said:

Just found randomly another thing that if you heal pokemon by a healing machine and battle with trainer before the sound of a healing machine ends, battle theme music will not played, only sfx sound left.
And about move Rapid Spin, now has a power of 50. When inflicting damage, Rapid Spin now also raises the user's Speed by one stage since gen VIII.

Rapid Spin's power was updated to 50 early last year. I was unable to script the Speed increase on top of the entry hazard removal though. 

For the first one, could you list some places where there were trainers in close enough proximity for you to battle after using a healing machine? There used to be an issue like this with two of Emily's battles where the healing sound effect played when she healed your team before battle, but I didn't know there were places it could happen with healing machines too.

4 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Rapid Spin's power was updated to 50 early last year. I was unable to script the Speed increase on top of the entry hazard removal though. 

For the first one, could you list some places where there were trainers in close enough proximity for you to battle after using a healing machine? There used to be an issue like this with two of Emily's battles where the healing sound effect played when she healed your team before battle, but I didn't know there were places it could happen with healing machines too.

About that thing with healing machine, I only have 3 badges now so only 1 place i knew that happened is Gentleman's club in Gellene Town.

I dont know much about scripting skills but i think you can refer to another fan-games that already had gen 8 pokemon to make their ability. One game I can suggest is Pokemon Sunday.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, sliversky48 said:

About that thing with healing machine, I only have 3 badges now so only 1 place i knew that happened is Gentleman's club in Gellene Town.

I dont know much about scripting skills but i think you can refer to another fan-games that already had gen 8 pokemon to make their ability. One game I can suggest is Pokemon Sunday.

Thanks for letting me know, I've removed the sound effect from the healing machine there. 

For scripting: Spork uses an older version of Essentials, so first I'd need to make sure that the scripts would be compatible or the Essentials versions are the same. Spork uses Essentials v16.2, which is an older version. The most recent Essentials version is v18. One of the reasons I'm not always successful in scripting Gen 7 and 8 data is that I get a lot of the move and ability scripts from threads on Pokecommunity, and the scripts from those threads aren't always compatible with Spork's Essentials version because they're made for the most recent Essentials version at the time. (updating Essentials versions isn't advised if you've added a lot of scripts or similar data that would need to be redone after updating) 

For Pokemon Sunday specifically, I also remember that it has an encrypted archive. Opening a game in RPG Maker that has an encrypted archive causes all the data to automatically delete itself, so I wouldn't be able to access anything from there. 

• Global Mods
38 minutes ago, sliversky48 said:

Mystical Fire moves not lower the target's Sp.Atk stat as description. Hope you will fix it

Thanks, fixed for next reupload. While Mystical Fire had the correct function code for lowering the target's Special Attack, the additional effect chance was 0 when should have been 💯, so it would never actually happen. 

19 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thanks, fixed for next reupload. While Mystical Fire had the correct function code for lowering the target's Special Attack, the additional effect chance was 0 when should have been 💯, so it would never actually happen. 

Also, I found that Dynamic Punch not cause confused if it hit the target. Hope fix it soon ^^

• Global Mods
36 minutes ago, sliversky48 said:

Also, I found that Dynamic Punch not cause confused if it hit the target. Hope fix it soon ^^

I just checked and Dynamic Punch's additional effect chance is set to 💯, and I also tested the move out myself and it confused when hit. Is it possible that when you used it or had it used on your Pokemon, the Pokemon was immune to confusion because of an ability, being protected by Safeguard, or had the Sheer Force or Shield Dust ability?

• 1 month later...

Hi! Really enjoying the story and details in this game so far. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the hide and seek location in skating rink seems to be inaccessible (it's in a pillar that you can't stop at in the ice sliding puzzle). Maybe I'm missing something? I did go get the umbreon zodiac reward just to make sure I was looking at the right pillar.

EDIT: Also, something weird just happened: I flew back to Premoggin Softlands after just getting to Liliech city, and the battle mall opening cutscene happened again... along with the barker battle afterwards. I reset before I went any further, but hopefully this doesn't break anything important?

Edited by stibarsen
Another bug

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, stibarsen said:

Hi! Really enjoying the story and details in this game so far. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the hide and seek location in skating rink seems to be inaccessible (it's in a pillar that you can't stop at in the ice sliding puzzle). Maybe I'm missing something? I did go get the umbreon zodiac reward just to make sure I was looking at the right pillar.

EDIT: Also, something weird just happened: I flew back to Premoggin Softlands after just getting to Liliech city, and the battle mall opening cutscene happened again... along with the barker battle afterwards. I reset before I went any further, but hopefully this doesn't break anything important?

I'm glad you're enjoying Spork! I checked and it seems like you're right about the hide and seek location there being inaccessible. I'll have to move it to another location. The pillar immediately to the right of it is accessible, so I'll move it there. 

For the second bug, I thought I fixed that in the most recent reupload...the healing machine in the starting room at Virima Hotel had a strange event page where if you used it after the second gym, it would turn off the Defeated Gym 2 switch and set the Premoggin Progress variable to 0, causing those events to reset.  Is the most recent March 11 reupload your first time playing Spork, or did you play an older reupload before? If you updated from an older one, do you remember if you ever used a healing machine?

It doesn't break anything else in the game, but it's concerning to me if there's still an event somewhere that causes it. I only discovered the healing machine page by coincidence while I was looking for something else.

• 1 month later...

hii, i found a bug in the game, where when i started using the debugging system in the pokemon center, after awhile my pokemon's EV'S changed and fluctuated alot, it kept having to change it and it changed during battles too.

Edited by pokegamer2000

• Global Mods
39 minutes ago, pokegamer2000 said:

hii, i found a bug in the game, where when i started using the debugging system in the pokemon center, after awhile my pokemon's EV'S changed and fluctuated alot, it kept having to change it and it changed during battles too.

Do you remember what you set your EVs to originally, and did you battle any trainers between setting the EVs and checking again?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 3:12 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Do you remember what you set your EVs to originally, and did you battle any trainers between setting the EVs and checking again?

i put my evs to like 140s, then a stat keeps changing to negative randomly, i battled some trainers but i close the debug system after setting the evs so it wouldn't change anything. EX: Is my corviknight Sp.Atk evs, it says -330 but i didn't change it to that number

Screenshot 2021-05-27 142854.png

Edited by pokegamer2000

• Global Mods
13 hours ago, pokegamer2000 said:

i put my evs to like 140s, then a stat keeps changing to negative randomly, i battled some trainers but i close the debug system after setting the evs so it wouldn't change anything. EX: Is my corviknight Sp.Atk evs, it says -330 but i didn't change it to that number

Screenshot 2021-05-27 142854.png

That's very strange...it reminds me of the Gen 2 glitch where under certain circumstances, a Marowak holding a Thick Club could reach an Attack stat so high that it looped back around and went really low. 

The only thing that's coming to mind currently, did your total EVs of all stats put together go past 508 after setting them? 

Would you be able to send over your save file?