Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

ever since i reported thousand arrows i figured out it would be a great opportunity to test thousand waves as well and it seems it got the grassy terrain function, im glad i thought to check it out, ima keep doing that till i find all the defective moves that needs to be fix

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 12_13_25 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 12_11_40 PM.png

• Global Mods
12 minutes ago, Shadowarceus950 said:

ever since i reported thousand arrows i figured out it would be a great opportunity to test thousand waves as well and it seems it got the grassy terrain function, im glad i thought to check it out, ima keep doing that till i find all the defective moves that needs to be fix

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 12_13_25 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 12_11_40 PM.png

Fixed for next reupload, thanks for the report! What you're doing with testing all the moves is definitely very helpful

i found an another defect in pokemon and this time it involves in ability the primal groudon/kyogre and mega Rayquaza's weather effects cancels by itself in double battle when its on 2nd slot of the party but works just fine in first slot of the party for double battle and i tested the switches as well the ability just dies when its on right side of its partner, so you might as well want to check it out, primal's groudon's solar beam and solar blade needed a charge when its on right side of its partner but works as it should on left side and same for kyogre that it missed its thunder when it was on right side of its partner and i test mega rayquaza as well and did the same thing if i find more i will let you know i'll do my best i can to help you make your game better

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 2_47_24 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 2_48_49 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 3_14_09 PM.png

That’s interesting. I almost wanted to make a double battle in Spork Forest Guardian regarding those weather trio, but because I just realize I just saw a couple minutes ago, luckily I’ve already made them into single battles. But yeah, hopefully she knows how to fix that.

whenever i tested the move "ally switch" this message error showed up and the ally switch user became invisible then after next turn it reapears and game works normally after that and when i tried the move "aromatic mist" no animation appear whatsoever and no text message showing up and im not sure if it did anything or not it seems that it did nothing idk if thats normal or not, i may be a busy guy but i'll do what i can to find defects so anyone backing me up for moves and ability testing would be greatly appreciated, it might take a while but i'll make sure to find all the bugs as soon as possible lets do our best to work together to make ice cream sandwich's job easier the more people we have for bug reporting the better

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 5_01_01 PM.png

Edited by Shadowarceus950

• Global Mods
53 minutes ago, Shadowarceus950 said:

whenever i tested the move "ally switch" this message error showed up and the ally switch user became invisible then after next turn it reapears and game works normally after that and when i tried the move "aromatic mist" no animation appear whatsoever and no text message showing up and im not sure if it did anything or not it seems that it did nothing idk if thats normal or not, i may be a busy guy but i'll do what i can to find defects so anyone backing me up for moves and ability testing would be greatly appreciated, it might take a while but i'll make sure to find all the bugs as soon as possible lets do our best to work together to make ice cream sandwich's job easier the more people we have for bug reporting the better

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-27 5_01_01 PM.png

Thank you for your reports. That's interesting about the infinite weather abilities stopping in the second slot of double battles, unfortunately I'm not sure why it happens and wasn't able to fix the issues with Ally Switch or Aromatic Mist either. Aromatic Mist had the function code of Freeze-Dry, but even after fixing that, and even though the target is correctly set to the user's ally in moves.txt, for some reason the move raises the user's Special Defense instead of the ally's. For Ally Switch I got the same error, and all the data appears correct in moves.txt, so I'm not sure why it's happening and may remove Ally Switch from the game

i was testing some status moves that can influence some specific type of pokemon and i found out that attract works regardless of the pokemon gender, according to my knowledge attract works on opposite genders but seems in this game it affects anyone even same genders and genderless idk if that was a glitch or a mistake so you might as well want to take a look at this btw, i tested captivate and it works just fine

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-28 2_23_46 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-28 2_26_38 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-28 2_30_43 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-28 2_40_56 PM.png

Pokemon Spork 2020-07-28 2_48_45 PM.png

I recall ICSW mention somewhere on the update that Cute Charm now works against any gender regardless. So I guess Attract and other move (forgot what it’s called that lowers SpA by 2 stages) are probably intentional.

thanks for letting me know vince and sylveon, yeah captivate works as it should as in the vanilla version and and now attract works on any gender regardless i dont have problem with that imo it needed a buff anyway but its gonna be up to ice cream sand witch to decide i have nothing againts, sometimes some moves deserves a buff and nerf if theres anything that i thought it was a defect but was intentional let me know

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Shadowarceus950 said:

thanks for letting me know vince and sylveon, yeah captivate works as it should as in the vanilla version and and now attract works on any gender regardless i dont have problem with that imo it needed a buff anyway but its gonna be up to ice cream sand witch to decide i have nothing againts, sometimes some moves deserves a buff and nerf if theres anything that i thought it was a defect but was intentional let me know

Attract and Cute Charm were made to work on all Pokemon regardless of gender unless they have an immunity to infatuation like through the Oblivious ability, I thought I did the same with Captivate last reulpoad because I remembered that I forgot but I guess I forgot that I forgot to change it, will do so for next reupload

edit: Captivate has now been updated for next reupload!

On 7/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Attract and Cute Charm were made to work on all Pokemon regardless of gender unless they have an immunity to infatuation like through the Oblivious ability, I thought I did the same with Captivate last reulpoad because I remembered that I forgot but I guess I forgot that I forgot to change it, will do so for next reupload

edit: Captivate has now been updated for next reupload!

i approve your descision, i found that attract and captivates were too underwhelming in vanilla pokemon games even for pvp and and pve alike, despite that attract in this mod is different from vanilla pokemon games it was a great call, a buff was definitely needed and it also gives a good reason to teach attract to your pokemon and getting oblivious ability, compare to vanilla pokemon games and in showdown the was no reasons to use attract and oblivious since all the players who only cares about winning uses legendaries wich are genderless, and yeah i approve your descision and also a good plan to catch legendaries easier, my deepest respect to you, i'ma continue my research for errors on both your spork 8 and sylveon's forest guardian whenever i get the chance, i cannot guaranteed how long its going to take, i found at least 7 errors so far so thats a good start

Most of the time where the player walked on trees, those are some of the hardest decision I made regarding passability. If I block the trees like this:

xxx

xxx

xxx

xxx

then there might be some areas where you can’t get by. While with

xxx

xxx

xxx

you can get past tight areas, but you’ll see the player “walk thru walls” on trees.

I saw some bugs being posted so I tried to fix some of them:

1) Fell stinger issue:

At PokeBattle_AI section find this:

score+=20 if !attacker.pbTooHigh?(:ATTACK) && opponent.hp<=(opponent.totalhp/4)

and replace it with this:

score+=20 if !attacker.pbTooHigh?(PBStats::ATTACK) && opponent.hp<=(opponent.totalhp/4)

2) For Aromatic Mist:

At PokeBattle_MoveEffects go to the Aromatic Mist code and find this line:

ret=attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPDEF,1,attacker,false,self)

and replace it with this one:

ret=opponent.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPDEF,1,attacker,false,self)

3) For Ally switch:

This was quite the problem... A lot of things that I tried didn't work. In the end I decided to just change the targets of the opposing attacks. So, if your opponent has a charmader and an oddish and one of them used ally switch, if you would target the oddish, you will hit the charmader without them switching positions on the screen. If you want to apply that, here is what I did:

I changed the move effect of ally switch to this:

################################################################################
# User switches places with its ally. (Ally Switch)
################################################################################
class PokeBattle_Move_120 < PokeBattle_Move
  def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
    if !@battle.doublebattle ||
       !attacker.pbPartner || attacker.pbPartner.isFainted?
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
      return -1
    end
    #pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,nil,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    a=@battle.battlers[attacker.index]
    b=@battle.battlers[attacker.pbPartner.index]
    temp=a
    a=b
    b=temp
    # Swap effects that point at the position rather than the Pokémon
    # NOT PerishSongUser (no need to swap), Attract, MultiTurnUser

#effectstoswap=[PBEffects::BideTarget,
    #               PBEffects::CounterTarget,
    #               PBEffects::LeechSeed,
    #               PBEffects::LockOnPos,
    #               PBEffects::MeanLook,
    #               PBEffects::MirrorCoatTarget]
    #for i in effectstoswap
    #  a.effects[i],b.effects[i]=b.effects[i],a.effects[i]
    #end

for i in 0...4
      if i!=attacker.index+2 && i!=attacker.index-2
        if @battle.choices[i][3]==attacker.index && !attacker.pbPartner.isFainted?
          @battle.choices[i][3]=attacker.pbPartner.index 
        elsif @battle.choices[i][3]==attacker.pbPartner.index && !attacker.isFainted?
          @battle.choices[i][3]=attacker.index 
        end
      end
    end

@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} and {2} switched places!",attacker.pbThis,attacker.pbPartner.pbThis(true)))
  end
end

I know it's not the optimal solution... but it gets the job done 🙂

I will try to see what the issue with the primal weathers is maybe one of these days. I hope the fixes work for you!

• Like 1

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, groniack said:

I saw some bugs being posted so I tried to fix some of them:

1) Fell stinger issue:

At PokeBattle_AI section find this:

score+=20 if !attacker.pbTooHigh?(:ATTACK) && opponent.hp<=(opponent.totalhp/4)

and replace it with this:

score+=20 if !attacker.pbTooHigh?(PBStats::ATTACK) && opponent.hp<=(opponent.totalhp/4)

2) For Aromatic Mist:

At PokeBattle_MoveEffects go to the Aromatic Mist code and find this line:

ret=attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPDEF,1,attacker,false,self)

and replace it with this one:

ret=opponent.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPDEF,1,attacker,false,self)

3) For Ally switch:

This was quite the problem... A lot of things that I tried didn't work. In the end I decided to just change the targets of the opposing attacks. So, if your opponent has a charmader and an oddish and one of them used ally switch, if you would target the oddish, you will hit the charmader without them switching positions on the screen. If you want to apply that, here is what I did:

I changed the move effect of ally switch to this:

# User switches places with its ally. (Ally Switch)
class PokeBattle_Move_120 < PokeBattle_Move
  def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
    if !@battle.doublebattle ||
       !attacker.pbPartner || attacker.pbPartner.isFainted?
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
      return -1
    end
    #pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,nil,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    a=@battle.battlers[attacker.index]
    b=@battle.battlers[attacker.pbPartner.index]
    temp=a
    a=b
    b=temp
    # Swap effects that point at the position rather than the Pokémon
    # NOT PerishSongUser (no need to swap), Attract, MultiTurnUser

#effectstoswap=[PBEffects::BideTarget,
    #               PBEffects::CounterTarget,
    #               PBEffects::LeechSeed,
    #               PBEffects::LockOnPos,
    #               PBEffects::MeanLook,
    #               PBEffects::MirrorCoatTarget]
    #for i in effectstoswap
    #  a.effects[i],b.effects[i]=b.effects[i],a.effects[i]
    #end

for i in 0...4
      if i!=attacker.index+2 && i!=attacker.index-2
        if @battle.choices[i][3]==attacker.index && !attacker.pbPartner.isFainted?
          @battle.choices[i][3]=attacker.pbPartner.index 
        elsif @battle.choices[i][3]==attacker.pbPartner.index && !attacker.isFainted?
          @battle.choices[i][3]=attacker.index 
        end
      end
    end

@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} and {2} switched places!",attacker.pbThis,attacker.pbPartner.pbThis(true)))
  end
end

I know it's not the optimal solution... but it gets the job done 🙂

I will try to see what the issue with the primal weathers is maybe one of these days. I hope the fixes work for you!

Thank you very much for always being helpful with move error fixes! I tested these and they all work now! 

• Like 3

Here is the fix for the primordial weathers:

At PokeBattle_Battle script section find this line: def pbPrimordialWeather

Replace that and everything below it till the ##### part with this:

def pbPrimordialWeather
    # End Primordial Sea, Desolate Land, Delta Stream
    hasabil=false
    case @weather
    when PBWeather::HEAVYRAIN
      for i in 0...4
        if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:PRIMORDIALSEA) &&
           !@battlers[i].isFainted?
          hasabil=true; break
        end
      end
      if !hasabil
        @weather=0
        pbDisplayBrief("The heavy rain has lifted!")
      end
    when PBWeather::HARSHSUN
      for i in 0...4
        if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:DESOLATELAND) &&
           !@battlers[i].isFainted?
          hasabil=true; break
        end
      end
      if !hasabil
        @weather=0
        pbDisplayBrief("The harsh sunlight faded!")
      end
    when PBWeather::STRONGWINDS
      for i in 0...4
        if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:DELTASTREAM) &&
           !@battlers[i].isFainted?
          hasabil=true; break
        end
      end
      if !hasabil
        @weather=0
        pbDisplayBrief("The mysterious air current has dissipated!")
      end
    end
  end

It should be working properly now 🙂

• Like 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, groniack said:

Here is the fix for the primordial weathers:

At PokeBattle_Battle script section find this line: def pbPrimordialWeather

Replace that and everything below it till the ##### part with this:

def pbPrimordialWeather
    # End Primordial Sea, Desolate Land, Delta Stream
    hasabil=false
    case @weather
    when PBWeather::HEAVYRAIN
      for i in 0...4
        if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:PRIMORDIALSEA) &&
           !@battlers[i].isFainted?
          hasabil=true; break
        end
      end
      if !hasabil
        @weather=0
        pbDisplayBrief("The heavy rain has lifted!")
      end
    when PBWeather::HARSHSUN
      for i in 0...4
        if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:DESOLATELAND) &&
           !@battlers[i].isFainted?
          hasabil=true; break
        end
      end
      if !hasabil
        @weather=0
        pbDisplayBrief("The harsh sunlight faded!")
      end
    when PBWeather::STRONGWINDS
      for i in 0...4
        if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:DELTASTREAM) &&
           !@battlers[i].isFainted?
          hasabil=true; break
        end
      end
      if !hasabil
        @weather=0
        pbDisplayBrief("The mysterious air current has dissipated!")
      end
    end
  end

It should be working properly now 🙂

Fixed, thanks again for all your help!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
1 minute ago, Twich_Ark said:

Triage does not seem to function properly, draining kiss did not outspeed pheromosa using swift.

Triage isn't in Spork because I wasn't able to script it, but I checked just now and it's listed as a possible ability for Comfey. Apologies for the mixup, I'll remove it as an ability for the next reupload. The reason it's listed could have been that I forgot to remove it after not succeeding in scripting it.

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Triage isn't in Spork because I wasn't able to script it, but I checked just now and it's listed as a possible ability for Comfey. Apologies for the mixup, I'll remove it as an ability for the next reupload. The reason it's listed could have been that I forgot to remove it after not succeeding in scripting it.

Ah okay, thanks for the notice.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this was reported or not, but I had a previous story event happen in Spork a second time. After beating the portals at the underwater hotel I went back and fought Draga. Then I went to the Softland to buy some items and the "Battle mall Opening" events happend. There people in front with Barker, then I went inside and got the convo with Barker and Emily, then fought Barker and got strength HM. Not sure if I did anything specific to get the trigger to happen again. Happend with the most recent version I believe.

• Global Mods
12 minutes ago, plastered said:

Not sure if this was reported or not, but I had a previous story event happen in Spork a second time. After beating the portals at the underwater hotel I went back and fought Draga. Then I went to the Softland to buy some items and the "Battle mall Opening" events happend. There people in front with Barker, then I went inside and got the convo with Barker and Emily, then fought Barker and got strength HM. Not sure if I did anything specific to get the trigger to happen again. Happend with the most recent version I believe.

At first I thought this was only happening to me, because I was testing newer events on an older file around December 2019-January 2020. But I saw a video of this happening to someone else around a week ago, and with your report here, it seems to be universal. 

I'm currently doing a playthrough of Spork to make the next reupload as polished as possible, and this is something I plan to investigate when I get to that point in the game to see what causes it to happen. 

• Global Mods
On 9/9/2020 at 9:31 PM, plastered said:

On 9/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

At first I thought this was only happening to me, because I was testing newer events on an older file around December 2019-January 2020. But I saw a video of this happening to someone else around a week ago, and with your report here, it seems to be universal. 

I'm currently doing a playthrough of Spork to make the next reupload as polished as possible, and this is something I plan to investigate when I get to that point in the game to see what causes it to happen. 

Update on this: I made it to this point last night, and decided to go back to Premoggin Softlands after each story event to see if I could narrow down the cause. I flew back there after I got to Norall City and everything was the same as when I left, and then I flew back after the Pokemon Research Institute and that's when the entire Premoggin section of story was reset. I checked my variables and the "Premoggin Progress" variable was reset to 0. 

At the Pokemon Research Institute I spoke to Anthony and then had the conversation with Kayla and Crolea. I didn't see anything in either of these events that reset the Premoggin Progress variable, but decided to set the Norall Progress variable back to 0 and the Premoggin Progress variable back up to 6 to see if it was the Kayla & Crolea conversation, and it doesn't seem to be, because when I flew back to Premoggin Softlands after repeating the conversation, everything was normal. I also checked through each event in Norall City from NPCs to door entrances and exits and there was nothing in them that resets the Premoggin Progress variable. 

Thinking I made a mistake by not going back to Premoggin immediately after talking to Anthony, I selected new game and went through the dream starter scene, then warped to Weather Wonderland and quickly got through all the Premoggin story events + Kelani battle by pressing control to skip battles, then went to Norall and spoke to Anthony in the Pokemon Research Institute, then returned to Premoggin. But it doesn't seem to be speaking to Anthony that causes the Premoggin events to repeat either, because everything was the same when I came back. 

Findings for now: there seems to be an event somewhere in Norall City that resets the Premoggin Progress variable, but I was unable to find it through testing or searching through the maps, and I looked at everything I could think to look at. 

I added a parallel process event to Premoggin Softlands that sets the Premoggin Progress variable to 6 if the player's Norall Progress variable is 1 or higher, so this will hopefully fix the issue or at least lessen the amount of players that experience it.

• 3 weeks later...

when i was battling topsy turvy has an error message but the effect seem to work when i used quiver dance once and my thunderbolt failed to 2hko malarmar, and something i wanna report as well seems that multiscales activates regardless of user's hp or was it intentional? just curious, sorry ive havent post for quite a while ive been busy a lot these days but im back now for testing a few things that ive might've missed

98a2961a912720a34d53d1a489dd8e6a.png

• Global Mods
On 10/1/2020 at 3:24 PM, Shadowarceus950 said:

when i was battling topsy turvy has an error message but the effect seem to work when i used quiver dance once and my thunderbolt failed to 2hko malarmar, and something i wanna report as well seems that multiscales activates regardless of user's hp or was it intentional? just curious, sorry ive havent post for quite a while ive been busy a lot these days but im back now for testing a few things that ive might've missed

98a2961a912720a34d53d1a489dd8e6a.png

Sorry for the late reply, I was actually online and got the notification around an hour after your post, but didn't have enough brain battery to respond or process the information at the time. 

Thanks for the report on Topsy-Turvy, I didn't get to see this during my recent playthrough because I was doing a mono-Bug run and Malamar is 4x weak to Bug. For Multiscale, I had to look up what the ability does because I didn't know off the top of my head, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be intended (I didn't add the ability myself, the Essentials version I'm using goes up to Gen 6 with the moves and abilities it came with). In my experience I think Shadow Shield is working properly (though I could be wrong), so copying Shadow Shield's script to Multiscale might be a solution as they have the same effect if I understood correctly.

so yeah i tested shadow shield with lunala and you're right its working just fine, it was tough to analyze on Lugia since it was too tanky even without multiscale and when i removed his defense IV and EV, when it has 90% hp Zacian did 3 sword dance and used bite and it was a crit and still lived at 50% without defense boost and when i test lugia out without multiscale zacian did iron head and 1 sword dance and lugia ended up with 50% without being crit and when i checked out on Dragonite with no hp or def EV's at all with multiscale the first hit when zacian used bite it did my dragonite ended up with 95% of hp and when zacian did 2 sword dance and crit with a slash and dragonite survived at 45% when it wasnt full health and when i tested Dragonite without multiscale zacian did slash on first strike dragonite ended up with 70% and 2nd stike it used bite and end up at 50% no crit, i will continue to investigate some moves and ability to see if they're functioning right