Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, apro said:

6. I posted this before, but Route 2 was not fixed and don't see it in known bugs, so in case you forgot:

439841880_PokemonSpork2018_10_16.21_13_14.png.758e74641e3be30ffc8dab224c775827.png

I remembered about this, but I forgot to add it to the bugs list. 

I still haven't remembered how to erase it, even though I did it for other leftover Essentials area text. I feel like it's something really simple that I've been overlooking. 

• Global Mods
41 minutes ago, apro said:

Edited shiny Milotic to have longer hair (for Ceolis's shiny female).

350fs.png

350fsb.png

Thank you! I'll add these to the Battlers folder, and probably reupload with these along with tile passability errors tomorrow (and hopefully/maybe remember how to erase Route 2 too). 

• Like 1

There is something wrong about ICSW's overworld(?) sprite. In many scenes, you can see a few Brown pixcels floating somewhere near her. This is caused by her sprites not positioned correctly within the file, but I do not know the exact rules about how the png should really look like. (In the example, the circled area is actually supposed to be the top of her hat from another picture)

Pokemon Spork 2019. 01. 29. 22_53_37.png

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, apro said:

There is something wrong about ICSW's overworld(?) sprite. In many scenes, you can see a few Brown pixcels floating somewhere near her. This is caused by her sprites not positioned correctly within the file, but I do not know the exact rules about how the png should really look like. (In the example, the circled area is actually supposed to be the top of her hat from another picture)

Pokemon Spork 2019. 01. 29. 22_53_37.png

I noticed this when I was making the birthday party event. I think the overworld sprites are Gen 4 style rather than Gen 3, since they're also bigger than the other sprites. 

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do. The sprites for ICSW were originally made for someone else's game, where I was going to be a cameo/bonus battle. I don't remember who made the overworld sprites, but the person who made the battle sprite requested to have their account deleted 2 years ago. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was so excited to finally recieve the mega braclet.  I have caught a shiny Gengar and have never been a big fan of the color palette, so naturally I wanted to have it be my mega.  I was very disappointed to see that the shiny mega gengar does not hqve the correct white color palette as in the main games. It just turns into the non-shiny mega gengar.

Edited by redcat55555

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, redcat55555 said:

I was so excited to finally recieve the mega braclet.  I have caught a shiny Gengar and have never been a big fan of the color palette, so naturally I wanted to have it be my mega.  I was very disappointed to see that the shiny mega gengar does not hqve the correct white color palette as in the main games. It just turns into the non-shiny mega gengar.

Even with the correct filenames in Graphics -> Battlers, there are some Pokemon that don't retain the shininess of their non-mega form. (I don't remember if it's some or all, actually. I think some, but it could be all) I'm unsure of why this happens. I became aware of this I think around 2 years ago while playtesting, but I forgot about it until you mentioned it which is why it wasn't included in the known bugs list. If you're able to replace the non-shiny Mega Gengar sprites with the shiny ones by having the shiny ones use the file name of the non-shiny ones, you may be able to have a shiny mega Gengar that way. 

15 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

This NPC being invisible was fixed in the most recent reupload.

ah ok, i thought i was on the most recent as i only started playing / downloaded 3 days ago.
also what gives with the top of the mountain and i keep getting warped outside

oh and the cave in the fossil park

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, DruidByBirth said:

ah ok, i thought i was on the most recent as i only started playing / downloaded 3 days ago.
also what gives with the top of the mountain and i keep getting warped outside

oh and the cave in the fossil park

Top of which mountain?

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, DruidByBirth said:

the one above the hot springs. 

Those are postgame legendary sidequests. The Happy Hot Springs one (Moltres) requires you to do Mesprit's first, and the Classic Park cave one (Genesect) requires you to do the Battle Frontier grand opening first. 

For more information, see the "legendarysidequests" notepad file in the game folder. 

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Those are postgame legendary sidequests. The Happy Hot Springs one (Moltres) requires you to do Mesprit's first, and the Classic Park cave one (Genesect) requires you to do the Battle Frontier grand opening first. 

For more information, see the "legendarysidequests" notepad file in the game folder. 

that seems like soo much cheating 😞

• 2 months later...
  • Global Mods
Just now, Starry Knight said:

Incosistant font, this usually happens during a battle regardless of who battles. It's a minor thing though

Hide contents

image.png.26a1946b0849de00bb49714f1a32e370.png

This is in the known bugs list. I'm not sure why it happens and it seems to happen randomly. 

• 5 months later...

Okay, I have no idea why, but when I got my game updated to the newest version (I was playing on an older one, and then downloaded the most recent one) all exclamation marks that appear above the trainers' heads when they see me stopped appearing at all. Also, is it normal that my starter pokemon (Blacephalon, if that matters) has its location I met it in shown as "Norall Mountain Base" (instead of "Your Dream", I suppose)? I don't know if it was like that before, because I've just noticed that.

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, junk-boy said:

Okay, I have no idea why, but when I got my game updated to the newest version (I was playing on an older one, and then downloaded the most recent one) all exclamation marks that appear above the trainers' heads when they see me stopped appearing at all. Also, is it normal that my starter pokemon (Blacephalon, if that matters) has its location I met it in shown as "Norall Mountain Base" (instead of "Your Dream", I suppose)? I don't know if it was like that before, because I've just noticed that.

My best guess for both of these:

for Norall Mountain Base starter display location, it's possible that when importing Enigma's revamped maps and deleting older ones, some of the map IDs changed. I also separated the starter selection into two different maps to reduce lag, so it's possible that Essentials reused a map ID number there. I tested this on an older file and also got Norall Mountain Base, and on a new file where the location was Your Dream. 

Exclamation marks disappearing: I'm not sure which folder the exclamation mark animation is stored in, but I added Reborn's move animations from E18 and E18.2, and to do that I replaced Spork's Graphics -> Animations folder with Reborn's, and same for Audio -> SE and pkmnAnimations.rxdata. It's possible that Reborn's Animations folder if that's where the exclamation mark graphic is stored didn't have it, although this is the third time I've transferred over Reborn move animations (also did so for E16 and E17) so exclamation marks not appearing would be new. If I can find the animation in the clean copy of Essentials I have I would be able to add it back for the next reupload.

• Thanks 1