Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

5 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I plan on doing the others too! I started with Emily because I noticed she had a personal data template already there and I'm not sure how to add those templates myself. I also added a few things not stated ingame like her age (and the player's age, in the trivia section).

Thank you. I added that template to the other pages now, its not entirely finished yet, I can make it so that it would have more rows in the future. I noticed that you used the Visual editor, it is indeed easier to use, but for adding new templates to a page, instead of the big edit button at the top, you may click on the arrow next to it and choose Classic editor. Or just tell me and I do it

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, apro said:

Thank you. I added that template to the other pages now, its not entirely finished yet, I can make it so that it would have more rows in the future. I noticed that you used the Visual editor, it is indeed easier to use, but for adding new templates to a page, instead of the big edit button at the top, you may click on the arrow next to it and choose Classic editor. Or just tell me and I do it

I'm caught up with the bugs in the thread now. I've fixed everything that I know how to fix at the moment, except for the Route 2 on the map because I don't remember how to delete those, but I'll probably remember sometime or can ask. 

Thank you for the advice about adding the templates. I'll probably do one page a day, though I edited/added to some of the personal data templates earlier. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Found a solution for the empty tile that can't be walked through in Gellene Town: I placed an NPC there. 

Added a new section to the first post called "Oversights", for things that aren't necessarily glitches but weren't intended and need correction, like the two that are mentioned where a Pokemon has a move that it can't use due to its held item. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but I found a game breaking issue with the Alolan Exeggutor's Harvest ability. After harvesting a berry, the game will give me this error:

Spoiler

---------------------------
Pokemon Spork
Exception: TypeError
Intl_Messages:559:in `[]'
Intl_Messages:559:in `get'
Intl_Messages:670:in `get'
Intl_Messages:707:in `pbGetMessage'
PBItems:641:in `getName'
PokeBattle_Battler:1993:in `pbBerryCureCheck'
PokeBattle_Battler:3571:in `__shadow_pbEndTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3570:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:3570:in `__shadow_pbEndTurn'
Pokemon_ShadowPokemon:539:in `pbEndTurn'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\user\Saved Games/Pokemon Spork/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

And then, if I try to open up the Pokemon party screen, the game will crash.

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, Zurich899 said:

Not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but I found a game breaking issue with the Alolan Exeggutor's Harvest ability. After harvesting a berry, the game will give me this error:

Reveal hidden contents

Pokemon Spork
Exception: TypeError
Intl_Messages:559:in `[]'
Intl_Messages:559:in `get'
Intl_Messages:670:in `get'
Intl_Messages:707:in `pbGetMessage'
PBItems:641:in `getName'
PokeBattle_Battler:1993:in `pbBerryCureCheck'
PokeBattle_Battler:3571:in `__shadow_pbEndTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3570:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:3570:in `__shadow_pbEndTurn'
Pokemon_ShadowPokemon:539:in `pbEndTurn'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\user\Saved Games/Pokemon Spork/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

And then, if I try to open up the Pokemon party screen, the game will crash.

That's strange. This error mentions shadow Pokemon, which shouldn't have anything to do with the Harvest ability, or with Spork since there aren't any shadow Pokemon.

Was this with Delicia's Alolan Exeggutor? There was once a glitch where her Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos was a shadow Pokemon instead of shiny because I forgot a comma in some of her battle data in the pokemon.txt file. 

56 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That's strange. This error mentions shadow Pokemon, which shouldn't have anything to do with the Harvest ability, or with Spork since there aren't any shadow Pokemon.

Was this with Delicia's Alolan Exeggutor? There was once a glitch where her Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos was a shadow Pokemon instead of shiny because I forgot a comma in some of her battle data in the pokemon.txt file. 

That is really odd, because it's my Alolan Exeggutor, not Delicia's. I caught it as an Exeggute in Wonky Woods and evolved it. I eventually gave an Oran berry to my Exeggutor, and it consumed the berry as expected, then harvested an consumed another berry. The ability seemed to work fine at first, but I got that error after it consumed the second berry. After the battle was over, I received a consistent crash every time I opened my party screen (Unfortunately, forcing me to start a new game).

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Zurich899 said:

That is really odd, because it's my Alolan Exeggutor, not Delicia's. I caught it as an Exeggute in Wonky Woods and evolved it. I eventually gave an Oran berry to my Exeggutor, and it consumed the berry as expected, then harvested an consumed another berry. The ability seemed to work fine at first, but I got that error after it consumed the second berry. After the battle was over, I received a consistent crash every time I opened my party screen (Unfortunately, forcing me to start a new game).

I'll remove the Harvest ability from the game for the final reupload. Sorry about the crash forcing you to start over. 

Sounds good, and thanks for taking care of that. And it's no problem, I picked a team that I like more on this playthrough, and I wasn't very far into the game anyway. Also, I don't mind the occasional crash when playing a mod or fan game, especially because it's impossible to test every little case when your team is just a few (albeit hardworking) volunteers.

Hello there, not sure if this is actually the place for this, as its only an editor related thing, but I went to edit some of the trainers to make them stronger and etc, but for some reason, this message pops up when I go to open the editor, even though I did not change anything on this specific part it points me to.

a0d3c097-ed9d-11e8-8c34-c706fc839366.gif
Only things I've changed on Aretha's team are the levels, and the movesets, but the editor points me to her trainer class? I tried to actually change it, to see if It would fix it, but it wants me to put the name of a Pokemon apparently? I've got no idea what happened here

Also, should mention, that I edited it by directly changing the txt file

After that, I tried to replace the edited txt file with the clean one, and decided to try and edit Aretha through the editor, and after I did what I did, the editor crashed, and refused to open

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, OldSoulja said:

Hello there, not sure if this is actually the place for this, as its only an editor related thing, but I went to edit some of the trainers to make them stronger and etc, but for some reason, this message pops up when I go to open the editor, even though I did not change anything on this specific part it points me to.

a0d3c097-ed9d-11e8-8c34-c706fc839366.gif
Only things I've changed on Aretha's team are the levels, and the movesets, but the editor points me to her trainer class? I tried to actually change it, to see if It would fix it, but it wants me to put the name of a Pokemon apparently? I've got no idea what happened here

Also, should mention, that I edited it by directly changing the txt file

After that, I tried to replace the edited txt file with the clean one, and decided to try and edit Aretha through the editor, and after I did what I did, the editor crashed, and refused to open

The editor's caused problems for me too. Whenever I used it to add or edit trainer data, it would crash and then some lines in trainers.txt would be deleted. I eventually stopped using it. 

There's a note in the first post that recommends against using the editor. 

5 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The editor's caused problems for me too. Whenever I used it to add or edit trainer data, it would crash and then some lines in trainers.txt would be deleted. I eventually stopped using it. 

There's a note in the first post that recommends against using the editor. 

I only ever use the editor to Compile Data, I always directly edit the .txt files instead. Since I cannot even open the editor to compile the edited data for the trainers, is there anything else I can do about this?

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, OldSoulja said:

I only ever use the editor to Compile Data, I always directly edit the .txt files instead. Since I cannot even open the editor to compile the edited data for the trainers, is there anything else I can do about this?

If there's missing trainers.txt data like what happened to me, I always pasted a copy of the .txt file somewhere else on my PC, then pasted it back to the PBS folder in the event of that happening. If you need a fresh copy of the trainers.txt without redownloading the game, here's mine. It contains data that's been updated for the next/final reupload like team changes and characters' Pokemon having nicknames, but hopefully it'll work. 

Shouldn't the game also compile the data when you open it in RPG Maker/play in debug mode though? Or are you not able to do that?

I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding correctly; I feel like I'm misunderstanding the issue and I apologize if that's the case. 

trainers.txt

5 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Shouldn't the game also compile the data when you open it in RPG Maker/play in debug mode though? Or are you not able to do that?

I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding correctly; I feel like I'm misunderstanding the issue and I apologize if that's the case. 

trainers.txt

I feel like am the one who is not understanding things, and I also feel like I'm being stupid while the solution is obvious, so I'm sorry

as far as I've checked, I do not think I've got access to debug mode

also, here's me trying to explain what my issue is, again, bc i think i worded it poorly too earlier

I tried to edit the trainers.txt file in the game's PBS folder, to make them more challenging and etc. Usually after I edit Pokemon, and encounter tables, I open the Editor and Compile Data for said edits to be in the game. After I did a few things within the trainers.txt file, I launched the editor to see if something was wrong, and it turned out, that something I didn't touch went wrong, and then the Editor stops working, which it always does when something in the PBS files is wrong of course. What really confuses me, is that there's nothing wrong with that certain part, until I try to edit anything in the trainer files.

@OldSoulja  It's certainly not your fault that this happened. That editor breaks a lot of things in random parts by itself without you noticing.

The compiler says that your error is at trainers.txt file. Something got deleted and the word GARDENER is at a place where the name of the pokemon should have been.

Do you have RPG Maker xp? If you have it, you should compile the game there. It won't give you any unnecessary errors. 

2 minutes ago, groniack said:

@OldSoulja  It's certainly not your fault that this happened. That editor breaks a lot of things in random parts by itself without you noticing.

The compiler says that your error is at trainers.txt file. Something got deleted and the word GARDENER is at a place where the name of the pokemon should have been.

Do you have RPG Maker xp? If you have it, you should compile the game there. It won't give you any unnecessary errors. 

I uuuhhh, used to have RPGXP, but my trial of it's over for a long time now, i think.

idk though, to me, the word GARDENER seems to be at the correct place, above the trainer's name, as the trainer class. At this point I'm just kinda lost
I also tried changing GARDENER to some Pokemon before, but then it wanted me to give that Pokemon a level, and after that, it still displayed an error i do not remember

recently im trying to catch necrozma so i go to the right side of the mirror Gina is in front of. but when i interact with the mirror it does nothing, the necrozma dose not appear. plz fix it im trying to complete the dex tq. EDIT: i already have the 4 universe fragment.

Edited by lord kelvin

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, lord kelvin said:

recently im trying to catch necrozma so i go to the right side of the mirror Gina is in front of. but when i interact with the mirror it does nothing, the necrozma dose not appear. plz fix it im trying to complete the dex tq. EDIT: i already have the 4 universe fragment.

This isn't a bug; I just forgot to mention in the notepad file that after finding the four Universe Fragments, you have to speak to the scientist at the Pokemon Research Institute for him to merge them.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just started playing the game and noticed some bugs.

First, the pokemon breeder in front of the first gym with the two Audinos that only uses Healing Wish and no other move. I'm not sure if this is intended, but it's provided me with a lot of free experience for my low-level pokemon (one Audino can easily turn a level 5 pokemon to a level 12 pokemon) and money.

Second, when you fight the first gym leader, if you switch pokemon and the Happiny uses Copycat, the game won't know which move to copy and just repeatedly display "The opposing Happiny used Copycat" until the game crashes due to a hanging script. This bug might also apply to other pokemon that use Copycat.

Finally, I think someone pointed this out already, but Bellsprout doesn't know Vine Whip at level 1.

Anyways, great game so far! I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: Forgot something else. After you visit your sister at the tourist center, she reappears at the hotel in front of the computer but you can interact with her at all. She also blocks the item storage computer.

spork sister.png

Edited by beneform
Found another bug

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, beneform said:

Hi, just started playing the game and noticed some bugs.

First, the pokemon breeder in front of the first gym with the two Audinos that only uses Healing Wish and no other move. I'm not sure if this is intended, but it's provided me with a lot of free experience for my low-level pokemon (one Audino can easily turn a level 5 pokemon to a level 12 pokemon) and money.

Second, when you fight the first gym leader, if you switch pokemon and the Happiny uses Copycat, the game won't know which move to copy and just repeatedly display "The opposing Happiny used Copycat" until the game crashes due to a hanging script. This bug might also apply to other pokemon that use Copycat.

Finally, I think someone pointed this out already, but Bellsprout doesn't know Vine Whip at level 1.

Anyways, great game so far! I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: Forgot something else. After you visit your sister at the tourist center, she reappears at the hotel in front of the computer but you can interact with her at all. She also blocks the item storage computer.

spork sister.png

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

I'm aware of the bugs mentioned. The last one wasn't noted down in the first post because previously only one person reported it and I wasn't able to replicate it (and also not knowing how to word or specific requirements for it to happen). I might've just forgot to include the Copycat one, but it's been fixed for the final reupload: I removed Copycat from the game entirely. Teleport and the Harvest ability have been removed due to bugs as well. Bellsprout not learning Vine Whip has been fixed; the ones in the first post that are in green are fixed bugs. Thank you for reporting though, and let me know if you find anything else.

The Audino trainers only using Healing Wish is intended, so that if you run out of trainers to battle and still need EXP you still have a way of getting it without needing to battle wild Pokemon. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Since DDDL was recently reuploaded to mediafire, I added blue as a new text color for bugs that are fixed in the current reupload, and also noted that atm it's the mediafire link that has the DDDL reupload and the Google Drive one will be updated when Steffi is able/has time 

Before the Spork club existed, when the first post of the download thread had the known bugs list, I'd remove the fixed bugs whenever there was a reupload. A few times there were people who reported a bug that was fixed and removed from the list, because they didn't know the game had been reuploaded. I think instead of just removing them, putting them in blue might be a better idea. It would save people the time of reporting bugs to find out they'd already been fixed, and could make people aware of a reupload if they don't read through the thread regularly to know when reuploads happen. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...