Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

Here is a quick fix for the latest bugs:

Multiscale: At PokeBattle_Move script section find this line:

if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:MULTISCALE) || opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:SHADOWSHIELD) && opponent.hp==opponent.totalhp

and replace it with this:

if (opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:MULTISCALE) || opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:SHADOWSHIELD)) && opponent.hp==opponent.totalhp

Only a parenthesis was missing and was causing the issue.

Topsy Turvy: At PokeBattle_MoveEffects section find this line (it's located in the topsy turvy move script):

pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) if !didsomething

pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) #if !didsomething

The only difference is that I commented out the if part of the script because there was no need for it to be there

These should take care of both the new bugs! 😃

• Global Mods
42 minutes ago, groniack said:

Here is a quick fix for the latest bugs:

Multiscale: At PokeBattle_Move script section find this line:

if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:MULTISCALE) || opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:SHADOWSHIELD) && opponent.hp==opponent.totalhp

if (opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:MULTISCALE) || opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:SHADOWSHIELD)) && opponent.hp==opponent.totalhp

Only a parenthesis was missing and was causing the issue.

Topsy Turvy: At PokeBattle_MoveEffects section find this line (it's located in the topsy turvy move script):

pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) if !didsomething

pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) #if !didsomething

The only difference is that I commented out the if part of the script because there was no need for it to be there

These should take care of both the new bugs! 😃

Thanks as always for providing solutions, tested and these are now fixed for the next reupload! 

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a bug or mistake, but in 17:26, when Delicia’s Guzzlord tries to use Belch, it actually gave the +2 Attack & +2 Special Attack to the player instead of damaging them and consuming the berry.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Not sure if this is a bug or mistake, but in 17:26, when Delicia’s Guzzlord tries to use Belch, it actually gave the +2 Attack & +2 Special Attack to the player instead of damaging them and consuming the berry.

When I tried to add Skwovet and Greedent's move Stuff Cheeks to the game, I noticed this happening with Belch for some reason, so I removed the Stuff Cheeks script, but I thought I remembered testing Belch after removing Stuff Cheeks and Belch working again afterwards. 

I have found a bug with the Ranger Mission Bolaii Beach Cleanup where not all the items are on the map of which one of the missing items is the wave incense. I have scoured the whole map for any more items, but the mission remains uncompletable because of the missing items.

• Global Mods
36 minutes ago, Flyvee said:

I have found a bug with the Ranger Mission Bolaii Beach Cleanup where not all the items are on the map of which one of the missing items is the wave incense. I have scoured the whole map for any more items, but the mission remains uncompletable because of the missing items.

In my playthrough before the most recent reupload I was able to complete all sidequest missions with the rangers, police, etc. and none of the items were missing for me. I also checked the map just now to make sure there wasn't a missing or different activation and the Wave Incense is evented the same as the other items in the quest. 

This is the location of the Wave Incense:

image.png.30b67d52ace0685927cc241e9d4b11fe.png

If this isn't here for you, would you be able and willing to send me your save file so I can get it for you and see if I can find the issue? Instructions if necessary; this guide was written for Reborn but works with all Essentials fangames: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

58 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

In my playthrough before the most recent reupload I was able to complete all sidequest missions with the rangers, police, etc. and none of the items were missing for me. I also checked the map just now to make sure there wasn't a missing or different activation and the Wave Incense is evented the same as the other items in the quest. 

This is the location of the Wave Incense:

image.png.30b67d52ace0685927cc241e9d4b11fe.png

If this isn't here for you, would you be able and willing to send me your save file so I can get it for you and see if I can find the issue? Instructions if necessary; this guide was written for Reborn but works with all Essentials fangames: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

I just rechecked the items that I have and I noticed that I do have the wave incense and as I have progressed till I got surf, I am unsure which items are missing. And thank you for the reply.

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
17 minutes ago, Flyvee said:

I just rechecked the items that I have and I noticed that I do have the wave incense and as I have progressed till I got surf, I am unsure which items are missing. And thank you for the reply.

Game.rxdata 175.97 kB · 0 downloads

It seems like you've already picked up all the items.

image.png.98c5a531bb4fde1451859954fd9075b6.png

I saved in front of the ranger, if you talk to him that should complete the quest. 

Game.rxdata

I have now gotten an actual error, after the game started, the intro screen loaded very slowly and after pressing the enter screen, I got a script hanged error and it needs to restart. Afterwards when I now start the game and try to enter my save, I get this error now:

image.png.6617140782d984953d3e14b3410453cf.png

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
13 minutes ago, Flyvee said:

I have now gotten an actual error, after the game started, the intro screen loaded very slowly and after pressing the enter screen, I got a script hanged error and it needs to restart. Afterwards when I now start the game and try to enter my save, I get this error now:

image.png.6617140782d984953d3e14b3410453cf.png

Game.rxdata 281.63 kB · 1 download

I got the same error when I tried to load your save file. 

Unfortunately since script is hanging errors automatically save the game and can happen at any time and place even when the player isn't meant to save, like on the intro screen or in a battle or cutscene, it can lead to permanent errors like this. 

I tried looking up the error message and got results from other threads on this forum from a few years ago saying that the data is corrupted, and the only solution seems to be going back to an older save file. If you want to try redownloading your save file from this post:

image.thumb.png.40efe8d9b6540ca8559cca176db55044.png

and having it replace the corrupted file, hopefully that might work. If it works, you'd only have your progress up to when that save file was posted, but it would be better than having to start a new game completely.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Flyvee said:

I have found a bug that when you use an ice stone, instead of displaying which pokemon is it able to be used on, it displays this screen instead. But if you do select an eevee, they still can evolve into a glaceon.image.png.3c82d677f511389c103fc2b0250e9411.png

It might be that this happens with all evolution items I added manually (Gen 7 and 8), and maybe all ones where I changed from item + trade to just item. I tested with a Leaf Stone and it did display the able screen, so I guess there's something else that needs to be scripted somewhere for it to display the "ABLE / NOT ABLE", but I don't know where it is.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, RoyChaos said:

Not to mention, Galarian Darumaka can't evolve by interacting the Ice Stone but it can by level up to 35. I wish it should be fixed in order to not confuse a bit about how it should be supposed to evolve.

I didn't know that Galarian Darumaka evolved differently than Unovan Darumaka. I'll change it to Ice Stone. 

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

I saw there's problem with Galarian Darmanitan :

Its normal ability should be Gorilla Tactics.

Its hidden ability Zen Mode doesn't work.

Sheer Force was kept because I was unsuccessful in scripting Gorilla Tactics. The notepad file "gen7and8movesandabilities" included in the game folder lists all of the Gen 7 and 8 moves and abilities I was able to add. Ones not included there I was unable to add because trying to add them either caused an error or the ability just didn't work. 

I remember Zen Mode not working for Galarian Darmanitan when adding and testing Gen 8 Pokemon but forgot to document it, will add it to the known bugs list now.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Sheer Force was kept because I was unsuccessful in scripting Gorilla Tactics. The notepad file "gen7and8movesandabilities" included in the game folder lists all of the Gen 7 and 8 moves and abilities I was able to add. Ones not included there I was unable to add because trying to add them either caused an error or the ability just didn't work. 

I remember Zen Mode not working for Galarian Darmanitan when adding and testing Gen 8 Pokemon but forgot to document it, will add it to the known bugs list now.

For Zen Mode to work for Galarian Darmanitan Use this script:

image.png.a1595bdc5d9e35225126ae5b251009d9.png

# Zen Mode
    if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:DARMANITAN) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:GDARMANITAN)
      if self.hasWorkingAbility(:ZENMODE) && @hp<=((@totalhp/2).floor)
        if self.form!=1
          self.form=1; transformed=true
        end
      else
        if self.form!=0
          self.form=0; transformed=true
        end
      end
    end

I am not sure how you have defined Galarian Darmanitan in your PBS files. I assume it's GDARMANITAN. If that's not the case, replace the GDARMANITAN with what you use 🙂 

This should fix the issue.

• Like 1

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, groniack said:

For Zen Mode to work for Galarian Darmanitan Use this script:

image.png.a1595bdc5d9e35225126ae5b251009d9.png

# Zen Mode
    if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:DARMANITAN) || isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:GDARMANITAN)
      if self.hasWorkingAbility(:ZENMODE) && @hp<=((@totalhp/2).floor)
        if self.form!=1
          self.form=1; transformed=true
        end
      else
        if self.form!=0
          self.form=0; transformed=true
        end
      end
    end

I am not sure how you have defined Galarian Darmanitan in your PBS files. I assume it's GDARMANITAN. If that's not the case, replace the GDARMANITAN with what you use 🙂 

This should fix the issue.

Thanks for your help, Zen Mode is now working for Galarian Darmanitan! I only edited PBMultipleForms for Galarian Darmanitan originally and didn't think to check the Zen Mode ability.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I've been playing this game for the 1st time, and so far I absolutely love it! Thank you very much for the experience.

Sadly, my experience right now is frozen due to the following bug:

I was about to fight Dylan for his badge, finished talking to him, he said something like "let's battle to celebrate", and then.... nothing happens.

I attach a screenshot of the sad moment, but... it gets worse: in desperation I started pressing all possible buttons, and the only one that works is Quick Save, and I accidentally saved, so I'm stuck here, just watching Dylan's face.

I really hope there is a solution to this, because I was going with so much momentum, I'll be waiting for your answer, many thanks in advance.

image_2020-11-15_225239.png

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, Enxel said:

Hello,

I've been playing this game for the 1st time, and so far I absolutely love it! Thank you very much for the experience.

Sadly, my experience right now is frozen due to the following bug:

I was about to fight Dylan for his badge, finished talking to him, he said something like "let's battle to celebrate", and then.... nothing happens.

I attach a screenshot of the sad moment, but... it gets worse: in desperation I started pressing all possible buttons, and the only one that works is Quick Save, and I accidentally saved, so I'm stuck here, just watching Dylan's face.

I really hope there is a solution to this, because I was going with so much momentum, I'll be waiting for your answer, many thanks in advance.

image_2020-11-15_225239.png

I'm really glad you're enjoying Spork! I think you're frozen in a cutscene. In the most recent reupload I added scenes to a few of the gyms (Ashley, Aretha, Dylan) that show the player and/or Gym Leader moving to their positions in the arena before battle. Since Dylan is set to move right to get to his position and the player is in his path, the game is frozen because Dylan isn't able to move past the player. 

When I have events where a character moves somewhere, I have this tendency to base the movement pattern on where I'm activating the event from, and forget to take into account there are other places that players could be during the event 😅 if you send me your save file, I can try to fix it for you. Here are instructions if needed; this guide was written for Pokemon Reborn but works with all fangames: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm really glad you're enjoying Spork! I think you're frozen in a cutscene. In the most recent reupload I added scenes to a few of the gyms (Ashley, Aretha, Dylan) that show the player and/or Gym Leader moving to their positions in the arena before battle. Since Dylan is set to move right to get to his position and the player is in his path, the game is frozen because Dylan isn't able to move past the player. 

When I have events where a character moves somewhere, I have this tendency to base the movement pattern on where I'm activating the event from, and forget to take into account there are other places that players could be during the event 😅 if you send me your save file, I can try to fix it for you. Here are instructions if needed; this guide was written for Pokemon Reborn but works with all fangames: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

Oh I see, so I'm watching his face while he's trying to jump over me, that makes it funny 😆.

Thank you very much for answering and I'm so glad there is a way I can continue, here I attach my save file, thank you for the guide, I really didn't know where it was.

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
42 minutes ago, Enxel said:

Oh I see, so I'm watching his face while he's trying to jump over me, that makes it funny 😆.

Thank you very much for answering and I'm so glad there is a way I can continue, here I attach my save file, thank you for the guide, I really didn't know where it was.

Game.rxdata 101.7 kB · 1 download

Here's your save file! I was able to move when I loaded it up, so all I needed to do was stand in front of Dylan and save the game. Now you should be able to continue!

Game.rxdata

44 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Here's your save file! I was able to move when I loaded it up, so all I needed to do was stand in front of Dylan and save the game. Now you should be able to continue!

I can confirm everything works now 😀😀😀

Thank you so much!! I think I'll be playing all day then 😅