Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

42 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

In Spork, the Hatenna and Impidimp lines can be either male or female. This is noted in the evomethodsandotherchanges notepad file.

The reason for this is that Rania's Galar Arena team has an Impidimp nicknamed Marnie. I later realized that while the character the Impidimp is named after is female, Impidimp can only be male, so I decided to change its gender ratio to 50/50. Since Impidimp and Hatenna are counterparts, I thought I should change the Hatenna line's gender ratio to 50/50 too for consistency.

my bad... I just got unlucky then

• 4 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
1 hour ago, ownerofafurret said:

After the Victory Road fight with the fruit girls it said I got the TM for waterfall but it isn't in my bag, if it helps the version of Spork I have is from 4/2/2021

That's strange. I removed Waterfall from my bag to test the event, and saw it back in my bag afterwards, so I was unable to replicate. 

One possibility I can think of: Waterfall is an HM, and you used the word TM. It's possible you were just using TM as an umbrella term for both TMs and HMs, but is it possible you missed it because you were trying to find it specifically by looking for TMs? 

Alternatively, if you check again and it's still not there, you can send me your save file and I'll add it to your bag for you. Here's a guide for locating your save file if needed, it was written for Reborn but works with most Pokemon fangames including Spork: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

There have been reuploads since that time, but this is the first report I've seen of Waterfall missing from the bag. I'd still recommend updating to the most recent reupload though since every reupload comes with updates and bug fixes.

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That's strange. I removed Waterfall from my bag to test the event, and saw it back in my bag afterwards, so I was unable to replicate. 

One possibility I can think of: Waterfall is an HM, and you used the word TM. It's possible you were just using TM as an umbrella term for both TMs and HMs, but is it possible you missed it because you were trying to find it specifically by looking for TMs? 

Alternatively, if you check again and it's still not there, you can send me your save file and I'll add it to your bag for you. Here's a guide for locating your save file if needed, it was written for Reborn but works with most Pokemon fangames including Spork: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

There have been reuploads since that time, but this is the first report I've seen of Waterfall missing from the bag. I'd still recommend updating to the most recent reupload though since every reupload comes with updates and bug fixes.

I'm not quite sure what happened because when I tried to go up a waterfall after the fight it didn't let me and the spot where HM05 would be was empty, but now I see it in my bag after checking if I missed it. Sorry for bothering you, and yes I was using TM as an umbrella term.

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, ownerofafurret said:

I'm not quite sure what happened because when I tried to go up a waterfall after the fight it didn't let me and the spot where HM05 would be was empty, but now I see it in my bag after checking if I missed it. Sorry for bothering you, and yes I was using TM as an umbrella term.

That's really strange, but it's good that Waterfall is there now. And you weren't bothering! 👍 Even if something turns out be a false alarm later or just unexplainable, it's better to be reported just in case. 

• 2 months later...

so i just started, and after i lost to a guy with a lv.3 pichu and lv.3 joltik, the healing machine healed me and threw me immediately into the battle again.

Edit: i just lost against him for the second time (turtwig isn't doing so great) and the battle didnt restart, so everything seems to be fixed, i just thought i'd report it anyway

Edited by J Boi
More information

• Global Mods
On 4/15/2022 at 9:28 AM, J Boi said:

so i just started, and after i lost to a guy with a lv.3 pichu and lv.3 joltik, the healing machine healed me and threw me immediately into the battle again.

Edit: i just lost against him for the second time (turtwig isn't doing so great) and the battle didnt restart, so everything seems to be fixed, i just thought i'd report it anyway

I remember a couple cases like this with story battles years ago, but this is the first time it's been reported with a regular NPC trainer. I think it has to do with something in the conditional branch for the battles, like maybe something is placed in the wrong order or missing, but I'm not 100% sure.

Update 1: after checking out the event pages for regular NPC trainers, I think it might be because "Exit Event Processing" is missing for if the player loses. IIRC adding that was my attempt to fix this with story battles. Thanks for your report!

Update 2: Strangely, I'm not getting the repeated battle. When I tested by losing, I was sent back to the machine but the battle didn't immediately repeat itself.

• 8 months later...

Latest update, downloaded 12/21/2022
Having screen size set to full results in slightly broken textures on certain objects. Saw this happen on things such as potted plants and counters as well. Still works just fine in lower screen sizes.

image.thumb.png.e1102fc505b5ca8b72751c99f855b754.png

The game also reports that I have not installed the fonts on startup, even though I have and they work just fine.

Hopefully these haven't been reported thousands of times, and I have been enjoying the game greatly so far! :3

• Like 1

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Lowman555 said:

Latest update, downloaded 12/21/2022
Having screen size set to full results in slightly broken textures on certain objects. Saw this happen on things such as potted plants and counters as well. Still works just fine in lower screen sizes.

image.thumb.png.e1102fc505b5ca8b72751c99f855b754.png

The game also reports that I have not installed the fonts on startup, even though I have and they work just fine.

Hopefully these haven't been reported thousands of times, and I have been enjoying the game greatly so far! :3

I'm glad you've been enjoying Spork so far! The bugs you mentioned haven't been reported at all. I did know about the full screen one, as I believe it's a general Essentials fangame thing, and I've also seen it when loading up other peoples' save files to help them with issues. The fonts saying they haven't been installed even though they have is new for me though. 

Unfortunately, I'm unsure of the causes or fixes for either (I've heard some fangames disable full screen mode as an option entirely, but I don't really want to take away options on how to play unless it's necessary), but thanks for the reports and I hope you continue enjoying Spork!

I have just beat the dragon gym, and seemingly bugged out the story in the process. After beating the gym, I went to the underwater hotel as I assumed that is where the story would continue, but none of the roadblock there disappeared so I just started wandering around the region seeing if I could find the next story thread. Walking through the weather wonderland route, at the end of the sandstorm area was the sister battle that I had already done before, and after that the events related to the opening of the battle mall, the battle against that one portal dude, and the events leading up to the fighting gym fight took place. The gym battle didn't happen again though. I have no clue what could have caused this, and I really hope I have not borked my save or anything along those lines. Happy holidays :3

• Like 1

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, Lowman555 said:

Some very minor bugs I've found

Misplaced(?) tile in Forest of Feeling

image.thumb.png.0514c7e8754a08ca9e1d3dcdebf5278f.png

Missing wall in twilight tavern
image.thumb.png.5b977007908706899d7eb814c157d703.png

I noticed the Forest of Feeling tile a few days ago but forgot to add it to the bugs list. I didn't know about being able to walk through that part of the wall in the Twilight Tavern though. Both are now fixed for next reupload!

12 minutes ago, Lowman555 said:

I have just beat the dragon gym, and seemingly bugged out the story in the process. After beating the gym, I went to the underwater hotel as I assumed that is where the story would continue, but none of the roadblock there disappeared so I just started wandering around the region seeing if I could find the next story thread. Walking through the weather wonderland route, at the end of the sandstorm area was the sister battle that I had already done before, and after that the events related to the opening of the battle mall, the battle against that one portal dude, and the events leading up to the fighting gym fight took place. The gym battle didn't happen again though. I have no clue what could have caused this, and I really hope I have not borked my save or anything along those lines. Happy holidays :3

After Draga, the next place to go is actually Inoset Island. On the lower right of the map, the sailors that were there before will be gone and Emily will be there. The Underwater Hotel reopens after the 11th gym and is optional to fully explore. 

For story events around the 8th gym repeating, this one is known and is in the bugs list. I thought I fixed it once after I discovered odd switches that activate when using the healing machine at the player's room in Virima Hotel, but it's possible there's more than one place where those switches are that they shouldn't be, because it still happens. It's definitely one of the stranger bugs that have happened with the game. Fortunately, redoing these events won't cause any issues with your save file or interfere with progress, it just makes those events happen again. 

Happy holidays! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

While on Inoset Island for the first time, surfing on this tile here will transfer you to an all black screen with the location being Your Dream. You are unable to move as any direction you input is met with a thud sound. Additionally, you cannot fly out of this location either. This potentially could lose a lot of progress, so I decided to retest and make sure it happened consistently. It did, even entering from the bottom direction as well. 

Edit: Posting some more information just to be as accurate as possible:

Auto toggle run is on for me, this happened with speed up enabled and also not enabled. I'm playing on a large size screen. Any other information I'll be happy to give as well. Hope this helps! image.png.75f0823d018860dca7ba7f51d042b9ed.png

Edited by HypNoel
extra information

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, HypNoel said:

While on Inoset Island for the first time, surfing on this tile here will transfer you to an all black screen with the location being Your Dream. You are unable to move as any direction you input is met with a thud sound. Additionally, you cannot fly out of this location either. This potentially could lose a lot of progress, so I decided to retest and make sure it happened consistently. It did, even entering from the bottom direction as well. 

Edit: Posting some more information just to be as accurate as possible:

Auto toggle run is on for me, this happened with speed up enabled and also not enabled. I'm playing on a large size screen. Any other information I'll be happy to give as well. Hope this helps! image.png.75f0823d018860dca7ba7f51d042b9ed.png

Thanks for the report + information! Your Dream is the name of the area in the intro scene where you meet Litwick and choose your starter. I'm not sure why there's an event transfer that goes there on Inoset Island, but I can delete it for the next reupload! 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 11:50 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thanks for the report + information! Your Dream is the name of the area in the intro scene where you meet Litwick and choose your starter. I'm not sure why there's an event transfer that goes there on Inoset Island, but I can delete it for the next reupload! 

These are leftover map transfer events from when the map was revamped, I noticed them awhile ago but assumed they had been fixed in the live version.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 7:19 AM, chronikerdelta said:

Oh and uh... i had some problems with toggle/hold running? Toggle didn't actually toggle the running, it still seemed to be "Hold" for me.

I'm having a few problems with this myself, on the most recent version. When it's set to "Hold" in the settings, I need to hold the button to run (Expected behavior), but when it's set to "Toggle" in the settings, I need to hold the button to run (Unexpected behavior). Saving and reseting doesn't fix it, nor does changing the setting, saving and reseting, and then returning to my prefered setting.

I also noticed, when I was selecting my partner for this run, that the Paradox Pokémon had Beast Boost instead of Quark Engine/Protosynthesis. I'm inclined to believe that this is a feature, as you've mentioned in the past that you're unsure of how to handle some abilities, but part of me wonders if it's a bug because you didn't mention it in your changelog for this upload- you did, after all, mention that the Treasures of Ruin would have Dark Aura instead of Tablets/Sword/Vessel/Beads of Ruin. ...And now that I check the Gen7+Moves&Abilities text file, I see that Quark Engine and Protosynthesis aren't mentioned, so this probably is an intended feature.

• Global Mods
43 minutes ago, aux Cord said:

I'm having a few problems with this myself, on the most recent version. When it's set to "Hold" in the settings, I need to hold the button to run (Expected behavior), but when it's set to "Toggle" in the settings, I need to hold the button to run (Unexpected behavior). Saving and reseting doesn't fix it, nor does changing the setting, saving and reseting, and then returning to my prefered setting.

I also noticed, when I was selecting my partner for this run, that the Paradox Pokémon had Beast Boost instead of Quark Engine/Protosynthesis. I'm inclined to believe that this is a feature, as you've mentioned in the past that you're unsure of how to handle some abilities, but part of me wonders if it's a bug because you didn't mention it in your changelog for this upload- you did, after all, mention that the Treasures of Ruin would have Dark Aura instead of Tablets/Sword/Vessel/Beads of Ruin. ...And now that I check the Gen7+Moves&Abilities text file, I see that Quark Engine and Protosynthesis aren't mentioned, so this probably is an intended feature.

That's interesting about toggle, I tried just now with toggle and was running without holding the button. You mentioned selecting your partner so I wondered if it could be an issue on new save files but not old ones, so I started a new file but can still toggle run there. I'm wondering if there are certain buttons on the keyboard that turn off or on the toggle feature? 

For Beast Boost, you're correct that the Paradox Pokemon have it as a substitute for Protosynthesis and Quark Drive since I wasn't sure how to script those. I forgot to mention that in the reupload post and will add it now! There's also something else I forgot to mention in the post that I was thinking about before starting the post and forgot to mention by the time I finished, and I still don't remember what it was. 

19 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm wondering if there are certain buttons on the keyboard that turn off or on the toggle feature?

Ah, that was the solution. "S" ended up being the toggle key, once again the options in the setting menu had no effect, but at least I was able to get Auto-Run working.

24 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

For Beast Boost, you're correct that the Paradox Pokemon have it as a substitute for Protosynthesis and Quark Drive since I wasn't sure how to script those.

My only train of thought would be that they're similar abilities to Chlorophyll (Protosynthesis) or Grassy Pelt (Quark Drive), except rather than doubling speed in sunlight or boosting defense by 50% on grassy terrain, it's boosting the highest stat by 30% in the triggering condition. I'm not sure about scripting, but maybe you could cobble something together from them, as well as the "highest stat" thing from Beast Boost?

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, aux Cord said:

Ah, that was the solution. "S" ended up being the toggle key, once again the options in the setting menu had no effect, but at least I was able to get Auto-Run working.

My only train of thought would be that they're similar abilities to Chlorophyll (Protosynthesis) or Grassy Pelt (Quark Drive), except rather than doubling speed in sunlight or boosting defense by 50% on grassy terrain, it's boosting the highest stat by 30% in the triggering condition. I'm not sure about scripting, but maybe you could cobble something together from them, as well as the "highest stat" thing from Beast Boost?

I'm glad you were able to get toggle working! I tested with the S key and didn't know that toggle in the Options menu doesn't work. I wonder how long it hasn't worked for. 

If I remember right, a few of the challenges with trying to script them were:

•while Beast Boost raises the stat by 1 stage, Protosynthesis and Quark Drive raise it by 30%, and while I know how to script stat stages, I'm not as familiar with percentages. I think this was also the case with the Treasures of Ruin.

•Beast Boost activates when the opponent faints, while Protosynthesis and Quark Drive activate in weather/terrain or Booster Energy. On the topic of Booster Energy, I think there was also not knowing how to translate the effect of an ability into an item. 

If I had to estimate the difficulty at my current scripting ability, I'd guess maybe above average difficulty and one that I could see returning to after leveling up a bit more. 

I have another bug, this one actually something concerning: I can't start the Ranger Sidequests.

Normally, I try and cheese Ranger Diana pre-Gina so I can do the Ranger Sidequests pre-Gina. When I went there and couldn't take any quests, I assumed I'd gain access after beating Gina. I am now post-Felicia at Wonky Woods and the Ranger Board still reads default text. Seamus invites me to help, but I can't do any of them.

• Global Mods
55 minutes ago, aux Cord said:

I have another bug, this one actually something concerning: I can't start the Ranger Sidequests.

Normally, I try and cheese Ranger Diana pre-Gina so I can do the Ranger Sidequests pre-Gina. When I went there and couldn't take any quests, I assumed I'd gain access after beating Gina. I am now post-Felicia at Wonky Woods and the Ranger Board still reads default text. Seamus invites me to help, but I can't do any of them.

This is because I removed needing to battle in order to do the missions, but forgot that the board has a switch that doesn't let you do them until after the battle. And since the battle no longer exists, that prevented the player from doing missions 😅 Reuploaded with this fixed! 

On 6/7/2023 at 10:49 PM, aux Cord said:

Awesome. Thanx. 
This is what I came here to report. I just started the game and the toggle option is not working for me either but the S key did. 

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods
56 minutes ago, foulplayatagarbodorprice said:

Hi, i dont know if this has been reported or its known. But i have completed both the ranger mission and police cases. But the guardian doesnt appear in the help section of the sea star society. So i cant complete the false fortune.

Do you remember when you downloaded the game? Following the removal of the Snorlax event due to Munchlax now being obtainable from honey trees in Technicolor Forest, that fortune was changed to be repairing the help board at the Help Section. The reupload that changed this was on June 28.

Oh, I apologies. I am on the newest version with gen 9 mons. Its just that when i dont see the guardian in the help section i search it up in the legendary side quest document in the celebi section and see that the snorlax mission is still needed. Thanks for clearing that up.
with that being said, i a having soem trouble with the false fortune quest. Particularly the part that said "you will be awake and dreaming at the same time..." i assume this is refrence to when i was in the dreams that felicia set up in the dark dungeon. The thing is, im way past that now, right before the stell gym and im still unable to get past that quest.

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Do you remember when you downloaded the game? Following the removal of the Snorlax event due to Munchlax now being obtainable from honey trees in Technicolor Forest, that fortune was changed to be repairing the help board at the Help Section. The reupload that changed this was on June 28.

Edited by foulplayatagarbodorprice