Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

On 5/27/2021 at 2:49 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That's very strange...it reminds me of the Gen 2 glitch where under certain circumstances, a Marowak holding a Thick Club could reach an Attack stat so high that it looped back around and went really low. 

The only thing that's coming to mind currently, did your total EVs of all stats put together go past 508 after setting them? 

Would you be able to send over your save file?

idk how to do that, how do i do that? Wait 508?, is there a limit?

Edited by pokegamer2000

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, pokegamer2000 said:

idk how to do that, how do i do that? Wait 508?, is there a limit?

Here's a guide for how to send save files: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/ It was written for Pokemon Reborn but works with all Essentials fangames.

I think it has the same limit as in the official games. iirc recent gens upped it slightly, but Spork goes by the 508. 

I also read this in the Rejuv V13 alpha server yesterday, which reminded me of your situation, so it might be possible the EV overflow is what happened: 

image.png.ec3942dc484d2732415b665a8ffdc155.png

• Fixed 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
12 minutes ago, jazzrapper said:

hi. i found an annoying bug that prevents me from nicknaming my pokemon. whenever i attempt to nickname my pokemon it just spams the letter h until it runs out of space any help on how to fix it?

I remember years ago seeing somebody play Spork who had a hard time nicknaming his Pokemon because whenever he tried to give them a nickname that had the letter a in it, the a key was acting like the enter key for some reason so the game would proceed past the nickname screen whenever the letter a was pressed. 

Unfortunately I don't know what causes it or how to fix it. The only idea that comes to mind is if maybe some keys have a different or extra function on some peoples' keyboards, but that would be strange for something like that to only activate on nickname screens in Pokemon fangames, so I'm not very confident in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
1 hour ago, HexManiacDusk said:

Whenever i evolve my pokemon their levels regress by three,for example my Elektric was level 40 when i evolved it,then it was level 37

Do you remember when you downloaded the game? Pokemon evolution stages having different EXP growth rates was fixed in the March 11 reupload, and the most recent reupload of Spork was May 19. I also checked the pokemon.txt file just in case I missed Electrike or changes got reverted, and Electrike and Manectric have the same EXP growth rate on my copy.

when stamina should boost user `s defense stats by 1 every time the user got hit but for some reason defense was never raised in spork at least for version 8...

Edited by cailm
change topic

• Global Mods

Just tested and can confirm that Stamina isn't boosting Defense. I looked in some of the script sections relating to abilities and moves and it seems like Stamina might not even be programmed into the game. The only mention of Stamina is in the script for Berserk, where it looks like when Berserk is activated the text says Stamina instead of Berserk:

image.png.86e513fd775d01d24191c3d07dced8a1.png

Possibilities I can think of:

1: I forgot to remove Stamina in abilities.txt after unsuccessful attempts at scripting it 

2: I forgot to attempt to script it to begin with

3: Stamina was in the game at one point but got deleted accidentally

I'll try to (possibly re-?) add Stamina for the next reupload. 

Originally your topic was asking about how to obtain Marbles that changed locations. I saw it but didn't have time to respond or fully process it because dinner was ready at the exact time I was reading, and when I came back the topic had changed. Could you repost the question about Marbles? 

not sure if it is bug or glitch but if you use debug mode to set ev to max and then after that you battle a poke that give same ev like audino after you reach 252 hp ev you have a chance to reach negative ev as shown in before vs after  to the point you can even have a "monster" like this cinderace with negative stats

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by cailm

nothing really,just worried I can’t “cheat “ with the help of my memory regarding marble location in version 4 and checking if they got moved to different location in current version 

Edited by cailm

just flew back from Tullborn city to  premogging softland after done doing all sidequest uptill inoset island,and find something shocking-The event regarding battle mall `s opening is active again for some unknown reason...   we know that Emily left after you got the badge from auora,but...

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Edited by cailm

• Global Mods

The saga that relates to this issue:

Part 1: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/40538-spork-delicias-delicious-dreamland-bug-reporting-thread/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-917584

Part 2: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/40538-spork-delicias-delicious-dreamland-bug-reporting-thread/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-917684

Part 3: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/40538-spork-delicias-delicious-dreamland-bug-reporting-thread/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-925631

Part 4: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/40538-spork-delicias-delicious-dreamland-bug-reporting-thread/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-929548

Summarized: This is a really strange glitch that's always been in the game, but wasn't discovered until recent years. Earlier this year, I found that the healing machine in the starting room at Virima Hotel had a second event page that would reset the progress for that part of the story as well as cause the second gym battle to repeat if you spoke to Ashley again before the postgame. But even deleting that event page didn't stop it from happening, which might mean there's another event somewhere that causes progress there to reset that hasn't been found yet. 

In the future, please posts bugs in the bug reporting thread. Later today, I'll be merging a few topics from the past couple days into the bug reporting and save file troubleshooting threads. 

Hi there! This is my first ever playthrough and I am *loving* Spork so much. Buuut I've reached Tomas and it seems like I'm at an impasse here. I've tried numerous times to battle him, but his Toxtricity seems to break my game with this error every time, no matter who attacks or what I do. I'm using the most recent version that was reuploaded this week.

image.png

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, mortimer777 said:

Hi there! This is my first ever playthrough and I am *loving* Spork so much. Buuut I've reached Tomas and it seems like I'm at an impasse here. I've tried numerous times to battle him, but his Toxtricity seems to break my game with this error every time, no matter who attacks or what I do. I'm using the most recent version that was reuploaded this week.

image.png

I'm really glad you're enjoying Spork!

I did some tests to replicate the error, and it seems like this happens when using a sound-based move on the Toxtricity. 

Punk Rock has two effects: increases the power of the user's sound-based moves, and decreases damage taken from opposing sound-based moves. It seems like I scripted the first effect correctly, but not the second one. I'll have to try to either fix this or remove the second effect today. I'll let you know when I've reuploaded fixing this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I was able to figure out the reason the error happened. The correct way to make a script about sound-based moves (at least in the version of Essentials I'm using, it may have changed in later versions) is "isSoundBased". The part of Punk Rock for increasing the sound-based moves had this correct, but the part for reducing damage from opposing sound-based moves had "pbIsSoundBased" instead. For the second part, when I originally scripted Punk Rock I looked at abilities with similar damage-reduction effects for the second part and changed the last line, which had different capitalization for other scripts and also pb before it. While I tested the first effect of the ability and it worked, it didn't occur to me to test the second part. I made the mistake of thinking that because one part of the ability worked, all of it did. 

Reuploaded with this fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods
On 8/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, stucklul said:

https://imgur.com/a/HMqvKCU this error also comes  up some times.

There's a note about a similar issue in the known bugs list:

image.png.cf24b1ac9543560310bf278a2af86c6d.png

idk if it's the same error message or if you used debug or are playing in RPG Maker, but iirc f12 is the button that resets? If so, it might be a similar error and you would want to close the game by pressing x on the game window.

I chose to respond here and hid the thread for organization, but here was a post in the thread that mentioned full screen as a possible cause as well:

image.thumb.png.61e863ea82c89fd946b7b8d6adef99a4.png

• 1 month later...

Hello. I'm not quite sure what I did to cause this bug, and I'm not sure if it can even be fixed. I tried to play the game and this popped up after clicking start: image.png.1e2cf7d5f7901de94fb831a7791201e0.png

I can't remember the name of the route I saved in. I think it was the one heading right of the city with the gym leader who licks your face. I'm sorry, i'm so bad with names. Also, I was not in debug mode, which would have been my first thought as to the cause. Is there any way to fix this?

• Global Mods
17 minutes ago, Glacora said:

Hello. I'm not quite sure what I did to cause this bug, and I'm not sure if it can even be fixed. I tried to play the game and this popped up after clicking start: image.png.1e2cf7d5f7901de94fb831a7791201e0.png

I can't remember the name of the route I saved in. I think it was the one heading right of the city with the gym leader who licks your face. I'm sorry, i'm so bad with names. Also, I was not in debug mode, which would have been my first thought as to the cause. Is there any way to fix this?

That would be Aliora Meadow. This happened to a couple people a few months ago as well, and I've been unable to replicate it or find any commonalities between the save files that could be causing it. However, if you send me your save file I should be able to load it up and save in another map for you. 

Here's a guide on how to send save files if needed: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

This guide was written for Reborn but works with all Essentials fangames.

I just want to say that I love this game, but I came across an error that wasn't game breaking, but just causes a missed turn whenever the computer (or I) use a sleep move...

Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:30:in `__clauses__pbCanSleep?'
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:29:in `each'
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:29:in `__clauses__pbCanSleep?'
PokeBattle_Clauses:100:in `pbCanSleep?'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:148:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2930:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3371:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3351:in `loop'

It's Version 4.5 BTW (unsure if newer versions exist lol)

Edited by Kirk
typo

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Kirk said:

I just want to say that I love this game, but I came across an error that wasn't game breaking, but just causes a missed turn whenever the computer (or I) use a sleep move...

Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:30:in `__clauses__pbCanSleep?'
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:29:in `each'
PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:29:in `__clauses__pbCanSleep?'
PokeBattle_Clauses:100:in `pbCanSleep?'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:148:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2930:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3371:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3351:in `loop'

It's Version 4.5 BTW (unsure if newer versions exist lol)

I'm glad you like the game! The most recent version is 8. I'm guessing you downloaded from pokemonromhack or another site that hosted their own download links to the game without my knowledge or permission. 

The only official download links and the only ones that can be trusted to be up to date are the ones in the thread on this forum. https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/21393-pokemon-spork-episode-8-smoothie-delicias-delicious-dreamland/

I recommend saving in a Pokemon Center before updating, because a lot of maps have been revamped since then and it's possible you could load up in a completely different map or be stuck somewhere you can't move. Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts are safe to load up in because they've remained the same. If you're not far, I'd actually recommend starting over because of how many updates the game has had since then. 

About the sleeping bug, I remember it from back then and it was fixed in an earlier ep.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Is there a way to fix this problem? I had this when miss-click the soft reset button while in debug mode and it crashed after that. I had try changed the save file Game.rxdata from the last time I save but still didn't work. Thanks for your help

1.PNG

Edited by Bwah

• 1 month later...

Hey.  I just logged in to say that the shiny option for Hatenna in the Shiny Scouting has the wrong gender ratio (I haven't encountered a female yet in this scenario, when Hatenna should be 100% female)

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Bladeheart111x
rewording

• Global Mods
16 minutes ago, Bladeheart111x said:

Hey.  I just logged in to say that the shiny option for Hatenna in the Shiny Scouting has the wrong gender ratio (I haven't encountered a female yet in this scenario, when Hatenna should be 100% female)

Screenshot_2.png

In Spork, the Hatenna and Impidimp lines can be either male or female. This is noted in the evomethodsandotherchanges notepad file.

The reason for this is that Rania's Galar Arena team has an Impidimp nicknamed Marnie. I later realized that while the character the Impidimp is named after is female, Impidimp can only be male, so I decided to change its gender ratio to 50/50. Since Impidimp and Hatenna are counterparts, I thought I should change the Hatenna line's gender ratio to 50/50 too for consistency.