Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Mikaelobos said:

I noticed that Throat Chop didn't work correctly when I used it against Lime's Vibrava. It used Bug Buzz and successfully did super effective damage, then after the damage was dealt I got the throat chop message. I'm not sure if it works correctly in other situations since I just got it.

Edit: After poking around in the code (because I'm a massive nerd) it appears to be a simple indentation issue. I'll try it out and get back to you.

Edit 2: Took a bit of tinkering since I'm rather unfamiliar with the script, but it appears the check for Throat Chop was performed after damage instead of before. It functioned correctly after I moved it to the area where attract, paralysis, ect are checked. Also the text was missing a reference and displays {1} instead of the pokemon's name.

Thanks for your report and for details on how to fix it, this is very helpful!

For {1} and {2} I've seen those in a lot of the script sections relating to moves and abilities; I think they're placeholders for the Pokemon with the move/ability and the Pokemon being effected by it respectively, similar to how there's a \PN script used to refer to the player by name. I'm not 100% sure on this since I don't have much scripting experience myself (I got the Throat Chop scripts from someone else) but that's what I thought from the way I've seen those numbers used.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
15 minutes ago, Fiwam said:

Hi, Morgrem doesn't evolve into Grimmsnarl at level 42 like it's supposed to, not sure why...

Also, when talking to the dark type leader to battle him, the game freezes if you're in standing in front of him.

These are already on the known bugs list on the first post of the thread. 

For information on the second one: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/40538-spork-delicias-delicious-dreamland-bug-reporting-thread/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-921470

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Unsure if i should report this as a Bug or not, but the pixel art of the bow in the border doesn't scale properly, it looks fuzzy at higher scales. I know why this happens: since the original pixel art is a bow, but then rotated, the original image is already "fuzzy" if you zoom in enough, and upscaling it by pixels just magnifies the fuzziness. 

I have an idea how to fix this though, unsure if it's implementable in the engine, but it should be relatively straightforward to re-create the border itself and the pixel bow (with its sparklies) as separate assets, and render the up-scaled bow separately from the border itself and then rotate that upscaled bow (which will be a lot cleaner since you upscale the pixel art before rotating). If it's okay, i'm actually kinda messing around with trying to re-create the border and bow separately from each other and can post those assets when i'm done here? I was also going to try to measure the angle the bow is rotated at relative to the normal pixels. 

unknown.png

Edit: I managed to re-create a background, but as soon as i started trying to re-create the bow, i noticed getting an exact color match for the different sections of color used in the bow was mathematically impossible due to the distortion caused by rotating before scaling. Maybe ask the person who made it if they could provide those assets separately, so they can be properly scaled? I had to point this out since the rest of the game has BEAUTIFUL pixel art, and while i love the idea behind the border art, playing with it on at XL scale is not something i can do due to the way it clashes with the much crisper pixel art of the game. but like i said, it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to adjust provided you have access to the original assets?

Edited by chronikerdelta
Post-posting updating of my attempts to mess with this.

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just me missing something, but I can seem to find one of the marbles. In the file, the marble #35 is said to be located in the "crate furthest from the entrance to the harbor" in Tullborn City, but I interacted with everything inside the harbor and I couldn't find it. I managed to find all the marbles except this one.

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, chronikerdelta said:

Unsure if i should report this as a Bug or not, but the pixel art of the bow in the border doesn't scale properly, it looks fuzzy at higher scales. I know why this happens: since the original pixel art is a bow, but then rotated, the original image is already "fuzzy" if you zoom in enough, and upscaling it by pixels just magnifies the fuzziness. 

I have an idea how to fix this though, unsure if it's implementable in the engine, but it should be relatively straightforward to re-create the border itself and the pixel bow (with its sparklies) as separate assets, and render the up-scaled bow separately from the border itself and then rotate that upscaled bow (which will be a lot cleaner since you upscale the pixel art before rotating). If it's okay, i'm actually kinda messing around with trying to re-create the border and bow separately from each other and can post those assets when i'm done here? I was also going to try to measure the angle the bow is rotated at relative to the normal pixels. 

unknown.png

Edit: I managed to re-create a background, but as soon as i started trying to re-create the bow, i noticed getting an exact color match for the different sections of color used in the bow was mathematically impossible due to the distortion caused by rotating before scaling. Maybe ask the person who made it if they could provide those assets separately, so they can be properly scaled? I had to point this out since the rest of the game has BEAUTIFUL pixel art, and while i love the idea behind the border art, playing with it on at XL scale is not something i can do due to the way it clashes with the much crisper pixel art of the game. but like i said, it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to adjust provided you have access to the original assets?

Thanks for bringing this up and the detailed explanations of why it happens + attempting to fix, I'll forward to Enigma later today (or maybe he'll see the post here). I feel like I should say more because you put a lot of time into explaining the issue and also trying to update it, but I don't understand any of the technical terms used here so there's not a lot I can think of to respond with 😅 I'm glad you like Spork's pixel art, though! 

1 hour ago, RonomakiK said:

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just me missing something, but I can seem to find one of the marbles. In the file, the marble #35 is said to be located in the "crate furthest from the entrance to the harbor" in Tullborn City, but I interacted with everything inside the harbor and I couldn't find it. I managed to find all the marbles except this one.

There's one blue crate in the harbor which is the one that has the Marble. After transferring the revamped maps I always go through the notepad files to see what needs updating, and I remember with this Marble thinking I should update it to say the blue crate, but kept it because I thought furthest from the entrance was still correct. Looking at the map now, I see it's not the crate furthest from the entrance, so I'm confused on why I thought it was...I'll change it to say blue crate for the next reupload. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

There's one blue crate in the harbor which is the one that has the Marble. After transferring the revamped maps I always go through the notepad files to see what needs updating, and I remember with this Marble thinking I should update it to say the blue crate, but kept it because I thought furthest from the entrance was still correct. Looking at the map now, I see it's not the crate furthest from the entrance, so I'm confused on why I thought it was...I'll change it to say blue crate for the next reupload. 

That's weird then. I'm interacting with the blue crate, but nothing comes up. I'm still at 99 marbles, and I backtracked looking at the file, but I couldn't find which single marble I'm missing. Is there a way for me to actually "look and know" which one I'm missing?

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, RonomakiK said:

That's weird then. I'm interacting with the blue crate, but nothing comes up. I'm still at 99 marbles, and I backtracked looking at the file, but I couldn't find which single marble I'm missing. Is there a way for me to actually "look and know" which one I'm missing?

If you want, you could send me your save file and I could try going through the list seeing which one is missing. Although the number of items in the bag doesn't count past 99 into the triple digits, so it's possible you actually do have 100 and it's just because of the bag's counting limit that it says 99. (unless you checked in at Mable's Treehouse)

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

If you want, you could send me your save file and I could try going through the list seeing which one is missing. Although the number of items in the bag doesn't count past 99 into the triple digits, so it's possible you actually do have 100 and it's just because of the bag's counting limit that it says 99. (unless you checked in at Mable's Treehouse)

Yeah, I checked with Mable's Gothitelle... it says to me to "return when I've collect all 100 marbles". Anyways, I've saved in front of the crater in Tullborn City harbor. Thank you so much for checking.

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, RonomakiK said:

Yeah, I checked with Mable's Gothitelle... it says to me to "return when I've collect all 100 marbles". Anyways, I've saved in front of the crater in Tullborn City harbor. Thank you so much for checking.

Game.rxdata 89.21 kB · 1 download

After going through all the Marbles in the list and not one of them being the missing one, I checked the blue crate at Tullborn Harbor and that's when I discovered what was happening. 

I was mixed up about the blue crate. It wasn't a Marble, it was one of the hide and seek locations. It looks like I actually forgot to paste over the Marble from the old Tullborn Harbor to the revamped one. So I've placed it in the furthest crate from the entrance again, and I already got the Marble for you. You can go to Mable's treehouse whenever you're ready. 

Game.rxdata

5 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

After going through all the Marbles in the list and not one of them being the missing one, I checked the blue crate at Tullborn Harbor and that's when I discovered what was happening. 

I was mixed up about the blue crate. It wasn't a Marble, it was one of the hide and seek locations. It looks like I actually forgot to paste over the Marble from the old Tullborn Harbor to the revamped one. So I've placed it in the furthest crate from the entrance again, and I already got the Marble for you. You can go to Mable's treehouse whenever you're ready. 

Game.rxdata 89.92 kB · 0 downloads

Nice, thank you so much!

7 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thanks for bringing this up and the detailed explanations of why it happens + attempting to fix, I'll forward to Enigma later today (or maybe he'll see the post here). I feel like I should say more because you put a lot of time into explaining the issue and also trying to update it, but I don't understand any of the technical terms used here so there's not a lot I can think of to respond with 😅 I'm glad you like Spork's pixel art, though! 

I might as well post the cleaned up non-bow background i did! There's a lot of transitional colors between the tiles in the background, i have no idea how intentional or not that was on enigma's part but i tried to maintain the pattern as best i could. Like I said tho, it was impossible to recreate the bow without having an accurate color sampling method (since the colors are distorted by the aforementioned fuzziness)

pokemon-spork-background-ribbonless.png

The bow here seems to be a JPG? Which isn't gonna be useful for re-creating the effect yourself. If you can get it in a PNG file, i'll be able to tell you the correct rotation angle. 

I also dont know what engine Spork runs in and if it can rotate graphics itself or not; alternatively, does the engine accept vector art files? If I have a PNG of the bow I might be able to convert it to a vector graphics file (which will perfectly scale at any size). 

Oh and uh... i had some problems with toggle/hold running? Toggle didn't actually toggle the running, it still seemed to be "Hold" for me. Moreover, the way the game runs my character was running too fast for me to line up with stuff. Even when i held down the button to "walk" it was still really fast. I wonder if there's a way to set a maximum framerate or something? 

2 hours ago, chronikerdelta said:

The bow here seems to be a JPG? Which isn't gonna be useful for re-creating the effect yourself. If you can get it in a PNG file, i'll be able to tell you the correct rotation angle. 

I also dont know what engine Spork runs in and if it can rotate graphics itself or not; alternatively, does the engine accept vector art files? If I have a PNG of the bow I might be able to convert it to a vector graphics file (which will perfectly scale at any size). 

The Bow asset was created in the JPG format by default. You can easily convert it yourself however, using most editing programs. I have no intention of recreating the boarder anytime soon, for there are still lots of maps that need to be redone, however you're free to update the graphic yourself using the provided assets.

Oh and uh... i had some problems with toggle/hold running? Toggle didn't actually toggle the running, it still seemed to be "Hold" for me. Moreover, the way the game runs my character was running too fast for me to line up with stuff. Even when i held down the button to "walk" it was still really fast. I wonder if there's a way to set a maximum framerate or something? 

Also, you want to be sure that the run key is set to Toggle and not Hold in the options menu, also make sure that the Turbo speed is turned off, you shouldn't have issues with lining your character up if it were off as intended. Press the Alt key on your keyboard to turn the turbo speed on and off.

I recreated what I think you're looking for. I don't know if it'll accept vector, but you think you can rotate without making it blurry?

original.png.3eafb4142bca4d60b2c44e3717fe687c.png

1 hour ago, Punkeev said:

I recreated what I think you're looking for. I don't know if it'll accept vector, but you think you can rotate without making it blurry?

original.png.3eafb4142bca4d60b2c44e3717fe687c.png

this + the cleaned up background should probably be sufficient assets to code the cleaner version of the border? If this is RPG Maker... well i've never worked with it so i dont know how it handles things like sprites, scaling, and rotation, but if it does allow you to do that, it should be sufficient. I'll mess with this in a bit to figure out what angle + what scale this image needs to be at to recreate the effect at the original scale of the background. but that ought to be enough to make it cleaner. I must admit, i barely know what I'm doing with graphic design stuff tho. 

On 1/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, chronikerdelta said:

this + the cleaned up background should probably be sufficient assets to code the cleaner version of the border? If this is RPG Maker... well i've never worked with it so i dont know how it handles things like sprites, scaling, and rotation, but if it does allow you to do that, it should be sufficient. I'll mess with this in a bit to figure out what angle + what scale this image needs to be at to recreate the effect at the original scale of the background. but that ought to be enough to make it cleaner. I must admit, i barely know what I'm doing with graphic design stuff tho. 

As it is the ribbon isn't coded on, that's sounds like making a script or changing how the border is displayed.

I recreated the background, though I don't know if it was intended to have more colors between the checkers.

border2.png.f5e36dd0193191dc7676f3414f1db6e0.png

Edit: colored

original2.png.2d436f3de5854a51d634a7a1100c7b46.png

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, RonomakiK said:

I know this is not really a bug per se, but I don't know where else to ask this: do we have the Galar fossils available in the game?

The Galar fossils aren't available because I feel bad for them. If we ever see what they'd look like if the fossil parts were put together correctly then those Pokemon would be made available, but the hybrids won't be. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Global Mods
On 9/9/2020 at 9:31 PM, plastered said:

Not sure if this was reported or not, but I had a previous story event happen in Spork a second time. After beating the portals at the underwater hotel I went back and fought Draga. Then I went to the Softland to buy some items and the "Battle mall Opening" events happend. There people in front with Barker, then I went inside and got the convo with Barker and Emily, then fought Barker and got strength HM. Not sure if I did anything specific to get the trigger to happen again. Happend with the most recent version I believe.

I finally found out what causes this to happen! 

The healing machine in the starting room at Virima Hotel has this second event page: 

8b9o3M4DWljAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

It's strange that this event is what causes it to happen, because when I was investigating the issue before, I don't think I went to this healing machine. To the best of my memory, I went right from the Premoggin story to the Norall story. I also checked the other healing machines in the game and this is the only healing machine that has this second event page. 

The event activation is set to autorun, which is used for events that are supposed to happen automatically as soon as they're able to be activated. But I've never heard of an autorun event activating from a completely different map. My best guess is that the "Call Common Event:" has something to do with it. Maybe using any healing machine after having the second badge will call this specific healing machine event to be activated.

I'm also not sure why that event page is there in the healing machine in the first place. I don't remember adding it, and can't think of any reason why I would have. I looked at the old starting room map (from before Enigma's map revamps) and the healing machine from there had it too, so this event page always existed. Maybe I copied a healing machine event tile over from a base Essentials map or a map from another fangame and didn't realize this page was in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
3 hours ago, sleepy_goblin said:

So the game crashed while Chelsea was giving her after battle speech about Ceolis and now I cant move since it saved in the middle of the speech. Not sure if this counts as a glitch or a bug I just don't know where to ask.

Would you be willing to send your file and/or post the error message if there was one? (can be found in the errorlog in PC -> Users -> your PC name -> Saved Games -> Spork). I might be able to fix it if you send your save file.