Jump to content
Ice Cream Sand Witch

Spork + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland Bug Reporting Thread

Recommended Posts

This topic is for reporting bugs/glitches in Spork, Delicia's Delicious Dreamland, and Delicia's Return to Dreamland. 

 

If you think something might be a glitch but aren't sure, it's best to report it just in case. 

 

Below is the list of currently known bugs, sorted by category. 

Ones in green have been fixed for the next reupload. 

 

BATTLE ERRORS

-when a Pokemon faints from Stealth Rock, a non-game breaking error message pops up (game continues after) (may need additional verification/testing? someone else tested this and said it didn't happen to them)

-when the opponent uses a 2-turn move where they disappear on the first turn (Fly, Dig, Dive, Bounce) the animations show as if you're the one using the move rather than the opponent (damage is still dealt to the correct side)

-when using a move on an opponent that has Fell Stinger, a non-game breaking error message pops up (battle continues after)

-Aromatic Mist raises the user's Special Defense instead of the ally's

-a (non-game breaking) error message pops up when using Ally Switch, game continues afterwards

-If Primordial Sea, Desolate Land, or Delta Stream are activated by the Pokemon on your second slot in a double battle, the ability cancels itself out

-Thousand Arrows has the effect of Misty Terrain

-Chinchou and Lanturn have different EXP growth rates

-Thousand Waves has the move effect of Grassy Terrain

 

TILE + MAP ERRORS

-In some places where land tiles overlap with surf tiles, the player can Surf on land (ex: the bridge at Virima City)

-can walk around the door frame leading to the training grounds in the Ceolis Ranger Base

-at the outside of Cosmic Castle, a tree overlaps with the entrance/exit to Giggly Grasslands

 

TYPOS

 

MISC/OTHER

-Some people are automatically healed when entering a Pokemon Center or place with a healing machine for the first time

-for a few people, font size randomly becomes smaller in a battle (only lasts the duration of the battle)

-In the sewers, Quinn and Violet appear in the break room before they're supposed to (just their sprites; the dialogue/scene won't activate until intended)

-Mysterious Mansion has no wild encounter music and the wrong battle background

-When opening the map in Olidroll Recreation and Residential districts, the map cursor and player icon are on Aliora City instead of Olidroll

-at the last hide and seek location, the hide and seeker is visible even if the player did not choose Umbreon for the Eeveelution zodiac

-Emily doesn't appear at the table during the Emily Quinn conversation at Ocean Coast

-Liechi Berries are not sold at the berry shop because I misspelled Liechi in the NPC's event page who's supposed to sell them

 

ESSENTIALS ISSUES (these are inherent issues within the Pokemon Essentials engine itself)

-In double battles where the opponent(s) have multiple Pokemon of the same species, the Pokemon sent out after the first two are invisible until they're hit by a move

-script is hanging - this can happen randomly in multiple fangames, may depend on computer performance

 

NOT BUGS BUT MIGHT SEEM LIKE BUGS

-Gastly line having Levitate instead of Cursed Body, and the legendary beasts having their pre-Gen 7 hidden abilities instead of Inner Focus (I chose not to update these) update: Gastly line can now have either Levitate or Cursed Body

-some starter Pokemon remaining after choosing: the dream starter selection was separated into 2 connected maps to reduce lag, and the ones on the other map that are still there after choosing will disappear when the player crosses over into that map

-Carol still being in Umira after defeating Isabelle: this doesn't happen in the current episode, but there are some rom hack and fangame hosting sites that use their own custom links (without my permission) and one of those is pokemonromhack which has a custom link to ep 4.5 which went to the 13th gym; there's also some inaccurate information on the page as 4.5 was not the complete version and the page refers to me as his when I'm her. if this is happening then you have an outdated link from pokemonromhack or a similar site; only the links in the Spork thread in this club can be trusted to be up to date as those are the only official links

 

DELICIA'S DELICIOUS DREAMLAND 

 

DELICIA'S RETURN TO DREAMLAND

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-When you KO a Pokémon on the turn it would get healed by Wish, the Wish gets "stored" and will heal the Pokémon currently out if it doesn't get fainted immediately. If it is, the wish remains "stored".

-Using Soft-Boiled out of battle always takes away 20% of the user's Max HP. It's not supposed to drain more HP than it heals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MeimuHakurei said:

-When you KO a Pokémon on the turn it would get healed by Wish, the Wish gets "stored" and will heal the Pokémon currently out if it doesn't get fainted immediately. If it is, the wish remains "stored".

-Using Soft-Boiled out of battle always takes away 20% of the user's Max HP. It's not supposed to drain more HP than it heals.

I always thought that's how Wish was supposed to work, where the Wish applies to the Pokemon currently on the field even if it isn't the original user.

 

I forgot that Softboiled even healed outside of battle tbh XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added a section at the end of the first post for issues that are specific to Delicia's Delicious Dreamland, since I noticed two while watching a playthrough this afternoon, both of which I've fixed for the final reupload of DDDL. 

 

Mareep's overworld sprite showing as Swirlix sometimes in her house: I remembered to change the dialogue after Swirlix was switched for Mareep on her team, but it seems like I forgot to change the sprite in some places

 

For Triston's overworld sprite, he went through a redesign during the spriting process for ep 7. Palletite, Steffi, and me were all having trouble coming up with ideas for him (part of that was because the notes I gave to work with were similar to some other characters' outfits). Palletite and Steffi redid his sprite later on. Triston's overworld sprite in DDDL is the first design, which I forgot to replace with the new one after he was revamped. 

(the one in Spork is his new/final design though)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Topsy-Turvy seems to be suffering from the same problem as a few other moves; giving me an error message without crashing the game.

Spoiler

---------------------------
Pokemon Spork
---------------------------
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `didsomething' for #<PokeBattle_Move_141:0x97096b8>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:648:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2930:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3371:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3351:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3374:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3616:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3615:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3615:in `pbProcessTurn'

 

Also, I'm pretty sure Professor Oak is coming for me now.

Spoiler

Pokemon Trainer School:

hmnMjji.png

Gellene Pokemon Center:

05UJPEI.png

Gellene Pokemart:

wWzqhtA.png

Gentleman's Club:

K6b5yhZ.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AdmiralGallade said:

Topsy-Turvy seems to be suffering from the same problem as a few other moves; giving me an error message without crashing the game.

  Reveal hidden contents

---------------------------
Pokemon Spork
---------------------------
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `didsomething' for #<PokeBattle_Move_141:0x97096b8>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:648:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:2930:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:2886:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3371:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3351:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3374:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3616:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3615:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3615:in `pbProcessTurn'

 

Also, I'm pretty sure Professor Oak is coming for me now.

  Reveal hidden contents

Pokemon Trainer School:

hmnMjji.png

Gellene Pokemon Center:

05UJPEI.png

Gellene Pokemart:

wWzqhtA.png

Gentleman's Club:

K6b5yhZ.png

 

Added Topsy-Turvy next to Infestation in the list for this happening. 

I checked and the function code is correct, so the issue might be with the move itself. I think Infestation was the same way. I'm not sure how to fix these two, so maybe I'll just remove them from the game entirely. 

 

I didn't know about being able to ride your bike indoors in some places, but I also don't mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas Slowking seems to be a tad broke, their text shows up when I approach the door, but the interaction sprite doesn't appear.

Spoiler

slowking.PNG.bead711d9c9dda09b9bdeacd57b28ca7.PNG

Spoiler

This is also preventing me from getting Tapu Lele, unless there's another point of interaction, in which case I'd love to know.

Love the game, by the way! It's the first one I've used a bug type from the beginning all the way up to the Elite 4 and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remaining1 said:

Christmas Slowking seems to be a tad broke, their text shows up when I approach the door, but the interaction sprite doesn't appear.

  Reveal hidden contents

slowking.PNG.bead711d9c9dda09b9bdeacd57b28ca7.PNG

  Reveal hidden contents

This is also preventing me from getting Tapu Lele, unless there's another point of interaction, in which case I'd love to know.

Love the game, by the way! It's the first one I've used a bug type from the beginning all the way up to the Elite 4 and beyond.

I forgot to add that to the known bugs list, but I thought this only happened with Halloween Espurr. That's concerning that it's happening with more player characters...if you change players, are you able to interact with Christmas Slowking through any of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I forgot to add that to the known bugs list, but I thought this only happened with Halloween Espurr. That's concerning that it's happening with more player characters...if you change players, are you able to interact with Christmas Slowking through any of them?

It does not appear so. Is there a common link with these disappearances? I didn't notice it until after I defeated the Elite 4, so I have no clue of what event could've caused it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Remaining1 said:

It does not appear so. Is there a common link with these disappearances? I didn't notice it until after I defeated the Elite 4, so I have no clue of what event could've caused it.

I finally figured it out when looking at its event pages just now! On the event page where the player has battled Christmas Slowking but is playing as someone else, there's no overworld sprite for Christmas Slowking. I can't believe I didn't notice this when I checked before. This has now been fixed for the next/final reupload. 

 

The final reupload won't be for a while, and there's not another point of interaction for Christmas Slowking, so if you send me your save file I can activate Christmas Slowking's panel for you. Alternatively, this might work. It's my copy of the Norall City map. This goes in the Data folder of the game folder; when asked if you want to replace, say yes. 

 

EDIT: Actually nevermind on it being fixed, I just checked the map myself and this happens now:

 

image.png.e77246e3281aa6936bd4b395b9666d66.png

 

...that might've been why I didn't have a sprite there in the first place. And then I didn't realize it wouldn't show up. 

I guess the problem is the layout of the event. I'll have to change it. 

It seems like the only solution for now would be for you to send me your save file. 

 

EDIT2: I added the overworld sprite to the wrong event (the one standing in front of the cave instead of next to it). But Christmas Slowking is showing up for me. Have you tried playing as Sierran (the female character) through switching back to human from one of the other Holiday Pokemon and seeing if that works?

 

 

Map182.rxdata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we supposed to have harsh sunlight at night? Doesn't matter just looks a bit strange

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 09. 20_32_22.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, apro said:

Are we supposed to have harsh sunlight at night? Doesn't matter just looks a bit strange

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 09. 20_32_22.png

Aliora Meadow can be sunny sometimes. When setting weather chances for a map, I don't believe it's possible to set it differently for day and night unless I'm remembering wrong or didn't see the option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Aliora Meadow can be sunny sometimes. When setting weather chances for a map, I don't believe it's possible to set it differently for day and night unless I'm remembering wrong or didn't see the option. 

ok, thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, apro said:

some more tile errors

Thanks for all the tile error reports!

 

-The one in Aliora Meadow seems like another instance of "random tile that can't be walked through even though there's nothing there" like in Gellene Town

-fixed the ones in the Berry Shop and Forest Opening

-the ones in the Forest of Feeling are known but I forgot to put them in the known bugs list. Normally my solution for tiles that are passable even though they're set to non-passable in the tileset is add an event with the graphic over the tile (which is how I fixed the Berry Shop and Forest Opening ones). But that doesn't seem to work with water tiles and with some of the trees in the Forest of Feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Aliora, the water around the bridge is almost completely walkthrough, can even go into the trees. Abit to the South, a tree is cut in half

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 10. 15_41_00.png

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 10. 15_45_52.png

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 10. 15_46_24.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, apro said:

In Aliora, the water around the bridge is almost completely walkthrough, can even go into the trees. Abit to the South, a tree is cut in half

The water around the bridge in Aliora was already included in the known bugs list in the first post, though I didn't know about being able to go into the trees through there too. 

Edit: the trees seem to not be passable normally, just when you're walking through the water and cliff, so I think it's connected. 

 

The tree cut in half is a map transition. The player isn't supposed to see that far into it but it's an extra map so the player doesn't see black space, as I often forgot to account for that when making ep 1's maps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, apro said:

still in Aliora

Fixed the passable black space by adding a black space tile graphic over them. The Legend Dairy house looks like more random empty tiles that can't be walked through...I have no idea why that keeps happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Fixed the passable black space by adding a black space tile graphic over them. The Legend Dairy house looks like more random empty tiles that can't be walked through...I have no idea why that keeps happening.

Don't worry, you can fix it easily so it doesn't matter. I'm not a programmer, but my guess would be that you did something to those tiles that you think shouldn't effect passability, but for some reason it does(like adding an event or replacing a wall tile with a walkable one), and later maybe you even removed it so you forgot about it but the passability bug remains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apro said:

Don't worry, you can fix it easily so it doesn't matter. I'm not a programmer, but my guess would be that you did something to those tiles that you think shouldn't effect passability, but for some reason it does(like adding an event or replacing a wall tile with a walkable one), and later maybe you even removed it so you forgot about it but the passability bug remains.

Seems like it's the same for the ones in Aliora Gardens. 

 

You might be overestimating me when you say I can fix it easily ^^' I don't have any coding/programming experience either. The reason I was able to make Spork and DDDL is because RPG Maker and Essentials handle a lot of that for you. For removing events and tiles, I've moved around and deleted events and tiles in a lot of places before where this doesn't happen. When you remove a tile and event, all traces of it are gone, so if the tile or event made it non-passable before, it should be passable when it's removed. 

 

My first guess was that I had a non-passable tile on a different layer than the one I was viewing, but I checked and that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Seems like it's the same for the ones in Aliora Gardens. 

 

You might be overestimating me when you say I can fix it easily ^^' I don't have any coding/programming experience either. The reason I was able to make Spork and DDDL is because RPG Maker and Essentials handle a lot of that for you. For removing events and tiles, I've moved around and deleted events and tiles in a lot of places before where this doesn't happen. When you remove a tile and event, all traces of it are gone, so if the tile or event made it non-passable before, it should be passable when it's removed. 

 

My first guess was that I had a non-passable tile on a different layer than the one I was viewing, but I checked and that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Well, thats just about the only idea I had, so if it can't be figured out, you can try covering them up. You said before that putting invisible events on them can make tiles unpassable, so I suggest that

*make the lake in Forest of Feeling smaller by putting more trees on the sides(and events into the trees just to be sure)

*put a tree on the tiles in Aliora Meadow and Gym so that passability would not be a bug but a feature

*recreate the legend dairy house from scratch(it looks like a small map, so might not take too long?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both southern corners of Poké Center's

Dentist's Office

Genesct's Cave

Forest of Feeling south of entrance

Classic Park entreance(the top of some trees is missing)

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 12. 16_11_07.png

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 12. 15_56_21.png

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 12. 16_56_52.png

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 13. 8_26_50.png

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 13. 8_35_36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, apro said:

Both southern corners of Poké Center's

Dentist's Office

Genesct's Cave

Forest of Feeling south of entrance

Classic Park entreance(the top of some trees is missing)

Fixed the ones at the dentist's office and the cave at Classic Park. 

 

The treetops seems to be a layering issue (meaning I should've put them on a different layer than the rest of the tree). The treetops are there but it seems like they're not showing up because they're being overlapped by the trees immediately above them. 

 

image.png.8eaff8968f3831bb4984a3ddc7a360e7.png

 

I knew about the Pokemon Center one, but I didn't include it in the known bugs list because I wasn't sure how to word it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...