Spork + Delicia Sidegames Bug Reporting Thread

IDK if this is a bug, per se, but thought this was where it made the most sense to report it. So, I haven't noticed this as a terribly bad problem until I recently moved my team around to use my new shiny team members. IDK if this is the case for normal sprites for these Pokemon, but the Shiny sprites for Staryu and Litwick are below the screen. You can barely see the tip of Litwick's flame and Staryu's point. This was really disappointing, as I had been looking forward to seeing my cool new shinies fighting. Like I said, I'm not sure if this is really a bug, or even able to be fixed. Just thought I'd report it.

EDIT: Lampent is even worse. The very tip of it's head is all that's visible... Was really hoping it'd improve upon evolution...

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, apro said:

Kartana respawns infinitely upon entering the area, unlike the other Ultra Beasts

I knew about this but it isn't really intended or unintended. As in I (probably?) didn't mean for it to happen originally, but the fact that it can happen doesn't bother me. 

(about the Espurr, I mentioned in the main Spork thread but I'm not sure where I could find Espurr overworld sprites in the proper order)

22 minutes ago, Truthseeker said:

IDK if this is a bug, per se, but thought this was where it made the most sense to report it. So, I haven't noticed this as a terribly bad problem until I recently moved my team around to use my new shiny team members. IDK if this is the case for normal sprites for these Pokemon, but the Shiny sprites for Staryu and Litwick are below the screen. You can barely see the tip of Litwick's flame and Staryu's point. This was really disappointing, as I had been looking forward to seeing my cool new shinies fighting. Like I said, I'm not sure if this is really a bug, or even able to be fixed. Just thought I'd report it.

I used to think this was just with a few shiny backsprites that were reported, but it seems like it's pretty much all of them...I guess the shiny backsprites are from a different gen or set of games than the normal backsprites,,, I have no idea where I'd get a folder/pack of the appropriate shiny backsprites and fixing all of them individually would be exhausting. 

; ~ ;

OK, that's understandable! If I had any know how when it came to game making, I'd definitely volunteer to go through and do each one. I have an inordinate amount of time on my hands. I'd seriously love to help. But I just don't have any practice with that kind of thing. Thanks for the response, though!

Edit: Another bug(?) is that, if you are defeated when battling Emily in the Sandstorm area, it seems like you can essentially farm her  for Safety Goggles. Not a huge deal, just something I noticed!

Edit (x2): You're able to dive in the Hip Hop Ship Shop without having the HM. Again, not a huge deal (I'm not complaining about free money earlier!) but just wanted to tell you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

(about the Espurr, I mentioned in the main Spork thread but I'm not sure where I could find Espurr overworld sprites in the proper order)

Oh, well If these are the overworld sprites, you can just rearrange the order with photoshop

pkmn_espurr.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I have no idea where I'd get a folder/pack of the appropriate shiny backsprites and fixing all of them individually would be exhausting.

I read somewhere that you got some sprites from reborn… Is there a chance Ame would share the shiny sprites with you as well? Or are they too exclusive to reborn and can't be put into an unrelateed game?

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, apro said:

Oh, well If these are the overworld sprites, you can just rearrange the order with photoshop

pkmn_espurr.png

5 hours ago, apro said:

trchar030.png

Thank you for these! 😄 

1 hour ago, apro said:

I read somewhere that you got some sprites from reborn… Is there a chance Ame would share the shiny sprites with you as well? Or are they too exclusive to reborn and can't be put into an unrelateed game?

Reborn uses custom shinies while Spork mainly sticks to the canon ones with a few custom ones of its own.

Unlike normal evolutionary stones, spork exclusive on-use evolutionary items(ice stone, sachet, metal coat, kings rock etc.) don't display which Pokémon they are able or unable to evolve when you choose them from the bag

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 26. 17_29_26.png

At battle vr in the frontier, if you have one Pokémon in the party, you can get to the selection screen. That Pokémon is invalid to use and you can't select it, but if you cancel, you Will still be sent into the area. I wasn't lucky with this ghost type as Kayla's Fiery Dance is still a fire-type move despite what she said in the rules, which isn't a problem, but it also means that her Sacred Sword Will be super-effective against all valid opponents and the battle is impossible to be won

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 25. 20_01_18.png

I think I did some quests in the wrong order. Disco Ludicolo is not supposed to block the way to Ceolis. This whole scene and the Data Vault became very laggy. I couldn't even move after the cutscenes were over. Fortunately Guardian was in front of me and let meleave, which solved all the glitches

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 25. 14_48_11.png

An addition to the bug about the holiday meowstics earlier, it seems to apply almost all holiday Pokémon, causing you to be able to enter any area in whatever form you want as long as the correct switch is on. I obtained Tapu Lele with entering the puzzle room only once. Espurr may be an exception(?), but you don't need to be an Espurr to walk on the grey water, any holiday form Works.

Playful Peach has 2 lvl 83 Pokémon(the others have only one: their mega). I suppose he had a mega alakazam at some point, in which case it has a good moveset, but this was later changed to gallade being mega. Now Alakazam is holding Choice Specs instead, which could be a problem if it wants to use the Calm Mind in its moveset.

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, apro said:

Playful Peach has 2 lvl 83 Pokémon(the others have only one: their mega). I suppose he had a mega alakazam at some point, in which case it has a good moveset, but this was later changed to gallade being mega. Now Alakazam is holding Choice Specs instead, which could be a problem if it wants to use the Calm Mind in its moveset.

This is intended. It's similar to Mulder having both Swampert and Krookodile as highest leveled: Swampert is Mulder's mega, but Krookodile is Mulder's mascot. 

I didn't even realize that with Alakazam, but it's already been replaced with Beheeyem for the final reupload.

26 minutes ago, apro said:

You can obtain shards from mining but, where can they be used up? The move tutors (at the battle frontier) use BP...

Shards aren't used anywhere (except for selling them). 

32 minutes ago, apro said:

When Sky Attack is used by an opponent, its animation is not the "flying bird', but the "sleep" animation

This might be because of default Essentials animation stuff. But for the final reupload, Spork will have Reborn E18's custom animations (though I'm not sure if Sky Attack is included in that).

58 minutes ago, apro said:

I think I did some quests in the wrong order. Disco Ludicolo is not supposed to block the way to Ceolis. This whole scene and the Data Vault became very laggy. I couldn't even move after the cutscenes were over. Fortunately Guardian was in front of me and let meleave, which solved all the glitches

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 25. 14_48_11.png

Oops. I'll make that quest activated after the post-Champion story instead of directly after the Champion then ^^

1 hour ago, apro said:

I'm certain this isn't a Tentacruel

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 25. 11_39_00.png

This is intended wonkiness. 

1 hour ago, apro said:

this place is supposed frozen and can't be surfed on to block off team portal

Pokemon Spork 2018. 10. 24. 22_43_10.png

This is because the blue tiles are graphics placed over the autotiles when a switch is active. The autotiles themselves are still there as part of the map. 

I think making a separate map for when it's frozen might fix this. 

Thank you for all your responses and for creating such a great game. Despite the many bugs I found, I really enjoyed it, and Will play again when a newer version is released. Although I hope the final upload Will be flawless, due to the amount of smaller-bigger bugs, I think you Will see me again at that point. On another thought, its also great how much effort you put in the txt files of the game, which probably make any kind of wiki useless, as I have been working on some wikis recently, I made one for this game too, which you may check on this site: https://pokemon-spork.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Spork_Wiki if interested (Mostly location pages, because thats what I'm good at, perhaps useful for those who prefer pictures over text)

• Like 1

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, apro said:

Thank you for all your responses and for creating such a great game. Despite the many bugs I found, I really enjoyed it, and Will play again when a newer version is released. Although I hope the final upload Will be flawless, due to the amount of smaller-bigger bugs, I think you Will see me again at that point. On another thought, its also great how much effort you put in the txt files of the game, which probably make any kind of wiki useless, as I have been working on some wikis recently, I made one for this game too, which you may check on this site: https://pokemon-spork.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Spork_Wiki if interested (Mostly location pages, because thats what I'm good at, perhaps useful for those who prefer pictures over text)

Thank you for all your reports! I'm still behind on fixing things, but I plan to go through the thread and fix everything mentioned here by tomorrow (along with adding all of it to the known bugs list).

And that's awesome that you've made a wiki for Spork (and with 74 pages already)! I don't have much experience with wiki editing but I'd be willing to help if needed! ^^ I don't know how long you've been working on this, but I looked through some of the pages and was impressed at how all the areas already had their item, Pokemon, and trainer details filled in.

Since you've done a pretty good job with the locations and it seems like the characters pages are pretty recent, I can focus on the characters if that would help.

13 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

And that's awesome that you've made a wiki for Spork (and with 74 pages already)! I don't have much experience with wiki editing but I'd be willing to help if needed! ^^ I don't know how long you've been working on this, but I looked through some of the pages and was impressed at how all the areas already had their item, Pokemon, and trainer details filled in.

Since you've done a pretty good job with the locations and it seems like the characters pages are pretty recent, I can focus on the characters if that would help.

Thank you, I created the wiki on September 19 so I think it has been a while now, but have never seen anyone else on it so far. It has only about 200 Daily views, which probably includes my own while editing. I saw your edit to Emily, it turned out better than I would have ever expected, thank you. It would be a great help if you could work on the others too, although of course your work on the game is always more important

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, apro said:

Thank you, I created the wiki on September 19 so I think it has been a while now, but have never seen anyone else on it so far. It has only about 200 Daily views, which probably includes my own while editing. I saw your edit to Emily, it turned out better than I would have ever expected, thank you. It would be a great help if you could work on the others too, although of course your work on the game is always more important

I plan on doing the others too! I started with Emily because I noticed she had a personal data template already there and I'm not sure how to add those templates myself. I also added a few things not stated ingame like her age (and the player's age, in the trivia section).