Rejuvenation and Reborn Crossover

Sketchy178

I don't know if this is possible, and I don't want to put any sort of pressure on any of the developing team, but would it not be cool if once we finished rejuvenation we were given the choice to travel to reborn, and just challenge all the gym leaders in reborn. Sort of how in the Johto games you can go back to kanto and challenge all the gym leaders?

2 hours ago, Sketchy178 said:

I don't know if this is possible

I sincerely doubt it. Even setting aside the work, do remember that while the codebase for Reborn and Rejuvenation are similar, they are not the same. For example, Rejuvenation uses a more recent version of Essentials than Reborn does. (And that's not considering the engine changes that the devs have been doing that led to 18.4.)

The closest you could get is some kind of mod that let's you export your team from Rejuvenation and then load it into Reborn. But...uh...why bother? If you wanted to do that you can just grab a mod that let's you do that anyway. And since Jan is adding Gen. 8 and Ame is not, you'd end up with compatibility issues there anyway.

I would bet my house that that's never going to happen. And I don't even own a house.

As an alternative, maybe they could have a postgame Battle Frontier-esque place where you can fight various characters, including ones from Reborn. That seems to me like it'd be a whole lot easier on the devs.

Since it's not going to happen (and it shouldn't, given the amount of work and the impracticality of trying), I could imagine the MC actually winning whatever has to be won in Rejuvenation, becoming champion (we suppose, in the case Melia doesn't take the spotlight again) and then travelling around, arriving at a completed Reborn region and challenging the league, up to its champion, Reborn's MC.

Actually it is possible story-wise, if there's a different timeline in the games (I think they have but it's been so long since I played them that I'm not sure). I don't know whether Ame or Jan will ever do it though.

On 6/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, mar_mar said:

Actually it is possible story-wise, if there's a different timeline in the games (I think they have but it's been so long since I played them that I'm not sure). I don't know whether Ame or Jan will ever do it though.

If done it would have to be a FFXIV FF tactics situation, as while Reborn is indeed mentioned in Rej, the settings and lore are different thanks to Rej using its own lore and lore from the anime, while Reborn stays completely faithful (so far) to the game's universe lore. So in theory it would be possible to visit a variation of Reborn but not the actual one.

wouldn't it be cool if in the postgame if we could battle the developers with there favourite pokemon with buff crest and mega evolutions and z moves in sort of like a secret elite team in rejuvenation i mean all the developers 

14 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

If done it would have to be a FFXIV FF tactics situation, as while Reborn is indeed mentioned in Rej, the settings and lore are different thanks to Rej using its own lore and lore from the anime, while Reborn stays completely faithful (so far) to the game's universe lore. So in theory it would be possible to visit a variation of Reborn but not the actual one.

I agree. Like a sidequest or something. I remember that Reju was a few years ahead of Reborn time wise. 

Please no.. The stories of each game just don't mesh, IF a crossover would be done between the two it would feel very unnatural and forced, despite being the top2 Pokemon fangames (at least in my opinion) they just don't mix..
It's like if you mix your favorite sweet desert with your favorite fried food, like Friend Chicken + Chocolate Cake, they are pretty good on their on but it would be terrible when mixed..

12.jpg

we already have the one sidequest in rejuv with both aya and adrienn, which I think is good enough on it's own. granted, it's a fun idea in theory, but I don't know how a crossover between the 2 regions would even be implemented in the first place. sounds like a lot of extra unnecessary work on top of what they already have 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, ZoklyInkling001 said:

But it did happen we have the neo garden help center requests and several other events. Play the game first and then ask for something that is not already implemented. 

The original poster was referring to actually visiting the region of Reborn, because of those cameos. Please read the original post before claiming someone has not played the game.