Starlight Demo Open Beta Downloads

Amethyst

• Administrators

Downloads have been updated for some fixes

In theory, it should fix all the reported crashes that aren't related to older GPUs

If anyone is still planning on playing through, i do recommend updating. If you're done, probably no need.

If you do update, note that save files need to be moved manually --

the save folder is game folder/www/save/ on windows

and game.app/contents/resources/app.nw/save/ on mac

just move everything in there (screens folder optional)

• Administrators

Uploaded one more patch, which should solve the _bitmap crash for users on older GPUs.

We still can't solve the black screen issue, and I suspect we won't be able to, so the minimum requirements still stand unfortunately.

This patch also should help us debug issues a little better. Once again, I recommend anyone still planning to play to update. If you're done, no need. 

And here was I, checking on Reborn to see any news about it and now i have a demo of Starlight! I was looking for something new and here we have it!

Thanks Ame!

PS: can you tell me where can we speak about bugs/opinios/etc?

• Veterans
29 minutes ago, Krellian said:

And here was I, checking on Reborn to see any news about it and now i have a demo of Starlight! I was looking for something new and here we have it!

Thanks Ame!

PS: can you tell me where can we speak about bugs/opinios/etc?

You can talk about it right here in the forums- you just might need to start a new topic.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Super__ said:

The game looks great, but my Mac says that I can't open it for some reason...😞 is there anyway that I can play it without that happening?

It's probably a silly macintosh security issues. Try putting the game on a flash drive and running it from that! 

Alternatively, there's a video in this post about the same issue that you could replicate the instructions for 

• Administrators

Uploaded a new version today!

No new features, but fixes for various crashes, and we have added a Low-spec Mode to the options screen. This mode will perform worse, but but it should fix the black screen glitch for computers that have had it. If you haven't been able to play because of that, this is worth a try.

The rest is all the same.

If anyone is still planning on playing through, i do recommend updating. If you're done, probably no need.

If you do update, note that save files need to be moved manually --

the save folder is game folder/www/save/ on windows

and game.app/contents/resources/app.nw/save/ on mac

just move everything in there (screens folder optional)

• Administrators

The game is made with RPG Maker MV, and I don't intend to monetize it. I'd rather continue giving people the option of supporting us and letting everyone play, rather than requiring people to pay before they can play. 

• Upvote 1

Hello dev team and community.

I know I'm a sick bastard for playing on Linux (that's on me :D)...but do you plan to release this awesomeness on Linux one day?

EDIT : because as of now, neither Windows, nor Mac runners are recognised by Lutris/Wine. I tried both on Ubuntu 20.04.

Edited by The Poison Kid
Added infos

6 hours ago, The Poison Kid said:

I know I'm a sick bastard for playing on Linux (that's on me :D)...but do you plan to release this awesomeness on Linux one day?

Hi there, so to answer your question here's what Ame said on the very first post of this thread:

On 11/16/2020 at 9:16 PM, Amethyst said:

Linux users-- are you out there? Apologies if so, we'll need a bit of time to work that one out...

She's planning to try to make Starlight Linux compatible at some point sadly today is not that day. I think from here once Ame has completed her other project, she's going to fix the bugs that are within the public download first before attempting to make it Linux compatible. I'm glad you're looking forward to it though and sorry you're unable to play it at the same time as Windows and Mac users.  

Thank you Abyssreaper99! I'll wait without any problem till it comes out for Linux.
You guys have done an amazing job on Reborn and Rejuvenation, and I still have to play Pokemon Desolation. Thanks again for the devs work and dedication!!!
I've waited 25 years to find the woman of my life, I'll wait a year for the game I want :D

• Administrators

Yeah, so we actually tried to work on Linux during the beta, however it seems like Linux handles javascript a little bit differently somehow??? Everything is just. broken to pieces on Linux so we had to set that aside for now. In theory it's definitely something we can do, but I didn't want to break windows/mac versions mid-testing, and I'm probably going to have to wait until I get a linux machine to set up to test things on myself (which we have plans to do in the near future). 

So like. Eventually, for sure. 

I just did another play through with the latest demo today. I played through without crash or bugs, and I noted the combat was more fluid - smoother. I appreciate that.

The character I do not understand is Glasya - what are his arts? I'm trying to discover through the menu, but I just cannot find them. Without understand these arts (since he doesn't attack), I do not know how to use this character.