randomizer download!!!!1!@!

I tried this mode for a few battles and failed miserably :D. Nothing like getting oneshot by a random trainer with Diamond storm on Opal bridge. I also found the first "quirk" with a pokemon I caught.

Spoiler

test2.thumb.PNG.d840b7b0af5835e559f3cce107082240.PNG

I don't know how this is coded internally, but I would love to see this mode extended and polished in the far future (maybe in ep. 20? 😛) A cool feature would be random abilities, because they can lead to awesome and pretty hilarious situations, like a Darumaka with Drizzle. But don't stress yourself about it.

In the end I just want to say thank you for giving us something to do in these times. Stay safe!

• Veterans
Just now, cosinus said:

I tried this mode for a few battles and failed miserably :D. Nothing like getting oneshot by a random trainer with Diamond storm on Opal bridge. I also found the first "quirk" with a pokemon I caught.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know how this is coded internally, but I would love to see this mode extended and polished in the far future (maybe in ep. 20? 😛) A cool feature would be random abilities, because they can lead to awesome and pretty hilarious situations, like a Darumaka with Drizzle. But don't stress yourself about it.

In the end I just want to say thank you for giving us something to do in these times. Stay safe!

we actually thought we fixed that.

essentials sucks.

• Upvote 1

Thank You! I will find all of the quirks

Spoiler

Quirks and observations 

1. Moves that cast attacks into the future, instead attack right away.

(confirmed with both doom desire and future sight)

2. Two different moves can randomize to one move. ie: both vice grip and bind could become hydro cannon

3. When you obtain an egg, the egg itself will be randomized but the Pokemon hatching from it will match the egg, some eggs will contain legendary or evolved Pokemon in that event the egg will look like a default egg. 

4. This should be a given, but the pulse Pokemon also become randomized

5. Also a given prize Pokemon from puzzles are also randomized. and the onyx arcade ie: sweet kiss swirlax. 

6. A pokemon can only learn a TM if they could learn it in the vanilla game ie: the TM for charge beam will be randomized but only pokemon that could learn charge beam by TM can learn it. I say could learn charge beam because a pokemon that can get charge beam from it being randomized into their learnsets still can't learn the TM. I hope this makes a little sense

7. TMX are not randomized

8. I am working on getting a Bibarel or furret to test trading. I don't know what will happen in trade as insurgence's randomizer didn't randomize trades, but this randomizer is different from theirs 

Edited by Kimik

• Veterans
33 minutes ago, Koong1 said:

Thanks for the great work~ Have played at least 2 dozen times since ep 14... Just one small question, WHAT is the starter room? >.< 

it is

the room 

that has 

the starters

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Velthomer21 said:

I am off to a pleasant start with my 'Bulbasaur'.

Hide contents

1001488301_Screenshot(411).thumb.png.a0d1c8415db99d88331696185311497a.png

bet you feel a lot safer with that backup Infestation

really looking forward to trying this out!

Edit:

2025370119_Annotation2020-03-20185926.thumb.png.b32d88c875fc8e0c7943103487fe91be.png

first Aster/Eclipse fight lmao

Edited by steelpenguins
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, steelpenguins said:
  Reveal hidden contents

bet you feel a lot safer with that backup Infestation

really looking forward to trying this out!

Edit:

Reveal hidden contents

2025370119_Annotation2020-03-20185926.thumb.png.b32d88c875fc8e0c7943103487fe91be.png

first Aster/Eclipse fight lmao

Okay 

WAIT WAT THAT IS POSSIBLÈ?!

good god....

(i sure as hell hope this wasnt edited. somebody pls tell me it wasnt)

if the ranDomIser issues THAT sort of pokèmon....damn.

(FERN...IMMA DO THINGS TO YOU)

(AND NO NOT IN THAT WAY WHICH YOUR DARTY MIND WAS THiNKING ABOUT)

(Hehe)

Okay so I don't understand one thing....what is that raNdomiser thing and where was it discussed about? (Somebody link it pls) aaaand

Is it possible to obtain ANY pokèmon from it? (Except gen 8 obviously (which we look forward to in ep 37 of pokèmon reborn, where fern has had a baby with lin and the super crewpy meganium rules over Reborn))

Edited by Lorane2234

2 hours ago, Lorane2234 said:

Okay 

WAIT WAT THAT IS POSSIBLÈ?!

good god....

(i sure as hell hope this wasnt edited. somebody pls tell me it wasnt)

if the ranDomIser issues THAT sort of pokèmon....damn.

(FERN...IMMA DO THINGS TO YOU)

(AND NO NOT IN THAT WAY WHICH YOUR DARTY MIND WAS THiNKING ABOUT)

(Hehe)

Okay so I don't understand one thing....what is that raNdomiser thing and where was it discussed about? (Somebody link it pls) aaaand

Is it possible to obtain ANY pokèmon from it? (Except gen 8 obviously (which we look forward to in ep 37 of pokèmon reborn, where fern has had a baby with lin and the super crewpy meganium rules over Reborn))

It replaces every Pokemon with another Pokemon from Gen 1-7. So Budew may be turned into a Mewtwo for example. 

Not sure if you could collect every Pokemon since not every encounter slot is available (if only Groudon turned into Farfetch'd there would be no way to get Farfetch'd because u coulnt get Groudon in the base game)

Also i found possible bugs

• i had a trainer with a Mega-Mewtwo, not evolving Mewtwo into Mega mid fight, but he directly send out the Mega, not sure if thats intended
  • the first Pulse Tangrowth was a normal Gengar and the 2nd and 3rd was a mega Gengar, arent they all supposed to be the same stage?
  • Lands Wrath didnt do any damage

Randomizer, huh? Let me test this out...

*Sees some random Meteor Grunt has a PULSE Swalot and I'm getting repetitive moves including extra Psychic moveslots.

*Sees some Pokemon opponents not making a move

Never mind I guess. Not really having fun.

I found a reproducible 'quirk' with doom desire.  When used by the opponents Shaymin it produced the following error message and did no damage or animation. Then the battle continued as normal. I reloaded a backup save and could reproduce this behaviour. I can provide the save if desired.

log: 

Spoiler

---------------------------
Pokemon Reborn
Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_Move:2192:in `pbCalcDamage'

PokeBattle_Move:3519:in `pbReduceHPDamage'

PokeBattle_Battle:5407:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:5383:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:5383:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4461:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:4460:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:4460:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:4444:in `loop'

This exception was logged in 

K:\Libraries\Saved Games/Pokemon Reborn/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK