Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

I don't know if I downloaded a previous version, or it is a common bug, or just with me, but when we go meet that Ranger Gym Leader (the flying leader, the one with a Xatu), she sends us to that graveyard.

So, the thing is, she tells us the entrance is East of the route before that lava cave. However, the actual entrance is West of the route after that cave. Then, after we finish everything and go back, we are teleported to near a wall in the route before the lava cave (sorry, I dont remember the route's numbers).

Also, the Zorua of Hardy was imitating a Growlithe and the displayed name was Mightyena

I don't know if I downloaded a previous version, or it is a common bug, or just with me, but when we go meet that Ranger Gym Leader (the flying leader, the one with a Xatu), she sends us to that graveyard.

So, the thing is, she tells us the entrance is East of the route before that lava cave. However, the actual entrance is West of the route after that cave. Then, after we finish everything and go back, we are teleported to near a wall in the route before the lava cave (sorry, I dont remember the route's numbers).

Also, the Zorua of Hardy was imitating a Growlithe and the displayed name was Mightyena

The Graveyard's location was changed in the most recent 3.1 patch, to be on Route 2 instead of Route 1. I believe the list of errors in the original post mentions not all text has been corrected as a result. Similarly, the warp was not yet fixed at the time of release. As for the Zorua... I don't actually know why the name would be like that, was off the top of my head.

You have to talk to the four Bidoof on the left side of the room from top to bottom. I think you might have to talk to the shiny Bidoof first and be told this before talking to them in order to open the door to where the piece is.

The left side, you mean the ones that are not busy looking at the omanyte? If yes, how? Because nothing happens when I'm talking to the one busy with omanyte.

Edited by reynald29

You probably don't remember me but that's okay. I don't want to ramble about why I've been away for so long so I'll summarize quite simply - personal shiz. Regardless, I'm back in action and I hope that there are still fans who are there for me when I attempt to deliver an at least half decent game. I'm really surprised Desolation didn't die in my absence and I'm certain that should mean that I've got to work on it more to keep delivering.

I mean come on, do you think we'd forget about you that easily. I don't count because I forget about everybody. But seriously, glad that you're back and glad you haven't given up on that game of yours because I still need to play it but I is waiting until it develops just a bit further

You probably don't remember me but that's okay. I don't want to ramble about why I've been away for so long so I'll summarize quite simply - personal shiz. Regardless, I'm back in action and I hope that there are still fans who are there for me when I attempt to deliver an at least half decent game. I'm really surprised Desolation didn't die in my absence and I'm certain that should mean that I've got to work on it more to keep delivering.

There are a few things I need in the near future from you little pumpkins:

- An experienced spriter

Did you ask SHIA? doesn't she do some sprite work on the forums

- Someone experienced at designing tiles (this one is really really important)

- People to act as helpers. I'll explain this in a little more detail. It takes a ridiculous amount of time for me to troubleshoot people's issues. I need someone that doesn't mind downloading and fixing someone's saves to be around quite frequently to help out. This person would be given the dev version of the game for easy fixing.

How much experience would be required in order to be a helper per say is this a thing almost anyone can do?

As always, I appreciate your ideas and suggestions in PM's. I hope I can continue to deliver - over and out Reborn.

Edited by nepeta100

• Developers

To be a helper you just need some idea of how to actually access saves and use the dev console. Asides from that, just be someone who is active on the forums.

"i hope there are still fans"

well i think this topic staying on the top of the subforum page talks for itself :D

welcome back! this means that in the future we are gonna have another dose of this wonderful game :D

i wish i could at least be a helper but i'm just an ordinary gamer with minor programming skills so i guess i cant rly help :(

The topic remained consistently active while you were gone for the past four months or so. That's a testament to how well-designed this game is. Personally I'd rank it among Rejuvenation and Reborn, if not even higher.

And I'm still of the opinion that this fangame should have gotten its own subforum ages ago.

Edited by Alilatias

• Developers

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

And I'm still of the opinion that this fangame should have gotten its own subforum ages ago.

I've decided that a sub-forum could happen when Episode 4 eventually comes out - with it, an obtainable guide and perhaps a treasure guide.

• Upvote 1

I know you just got back and you probably don't wanna hear people's sh*t, but I just thought of something

Mega Mightyena's new Dark/Ghost typing is very beneficial defensively. I believe only making him weak to fairy. BUT offensively....well unless you change Mightyena's moveset in some way, I believe the only ghost type moves he gets are shadow ball (which is only through tm and special) and astonish (which is.....astonish. I'd rather spend my breeding getting the fangs)

But who cares about what I have to say, I'm just some random dude on the internet. The game is still amazing and I will still use Mega Mightyena anyway.

• Developers

I know you just got back and you probably don't wanna hear people's sh*t, but I just thought of something

Mega Mightyena's new Dark/Ghost typing is very beneficial defensively. I believe only making him weak to fairy. BUT offensively....well unless you change Mightyena's moveset in some way, I believe the only ghost type moves he gets are shadow ball (which is only through tm and special) and astonish (which is.....astonish. I'd rather spend my breeding getting the fangs)

But who cares about what I have to say, I'm just some random dude on the internet. The game is still amazing and I will still use Mega Mightyena anyway.

If I didn't listen to feedback I'd be a terrible dev. But nah, I'm way ahead of you. One of the moves that Mightyena gains through level up at this moment is shadow claw.

As far as I know the obtainable list is up to date. Let me know if I'm wrong though.

Edited by Caz

There are a few things I need in the near future from you little pumpkins:

- An experienced spriter

- Someone experienced at designing tiles (this one is really really important)

- People to act as helpers. I'll explain this in a little more detail. It takes a ridiculous amount of time for me to troubleshoot people's issues. I need someone that doesn't mind downloading and fixing someone's saves to be around quite frequently to help out. This person would be given the dev version of the game for easy fixing.

As always, I appreciate your ideas and suggestions in PM's. I hope I can continue to deliver - over and out Reborn.

Well hello there, welcome back to the world of living! I hope all or at least most of your personal issues have been resolved by now. There was no way this thread or game in general would die, it's plenty awesome even during a hiatus!

I hope you manage to find the people you need, I unfortunately suck at both tasks and don't have too much free time so I can't offer any assistance

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I've decided that a sub-forum could happen when Episode 4 eventually comes out - with it, an obtainable guide and perhaps a treasure guide.

So...are you saying you're resuming/starting work on Episode 4?

• Developers

So...are you saying you're resuming/starting work on Episode 4?

Development for Episode 4 is indeed in progress. I won't give a release date or even an approximate one because it's too much weight but yeah, I'm working on it actively now.

Also side note, I am aware that there are spriters on this site I could approach for help, but I feel that it would be unfair to force myself upon them especially if they're not really keen to work on the game as sometimes it can be quite awkward saying no. If a spriter is passionate about the project and would like to help with the game then I'm happy to talk in PM's.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 3