Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Hey guys, I think i may be stuck in Aderyn´s Gym, since I have been trying to advance with no success for like 1 hour, I decided to leave my save file here so if somebody knows if I am stuck or not, they can tell me. If not, I hope Caz see this so maybe he can help me.

Hey @Caz, first, I am glad you are back :)

Could you look into this?

Game.rxdata

Edited by Elios

• Developers

A very quick update. A user here, Njab, can now be approached for simple save fixes and such. I'd really appreciate that people make the most of this as it will take a fair amount of weight off my shoulders. If anyone else would like to help out in the same way just send me a PM. An understanding of essentials is all you really need. Big thanks to Njab and anyone else who contributes in the future.

• Upvote 2

hey caz welcome back, hope you've fixed whart you needed to fix, anyway is there plans for an episode 4 progress report soon? also another poll to chose a mega for E5?

Edited by sandy

• Developers

hey caz welcome back, hope you've fixed whart you needed to fix, anyway is there plans for an episode 4 progress report soon? also another poll to chose a mega for E5?

I'll start doing progress reports closer to release. I'm also holding off another mega evolution poll until Episode 4 comes out.

EDIT: @Twilightwing: I somehow only just saw your post. Darkrai Perfection is a critical piece in the main story but it will be obtainable after the Champion is defeated.

Edited by Caz

Hello everyone o/

Caz has already mentioned this but yeah starting today I'll be helping out with save file troubleshooting. If you have any problems with your file please PM me instead of Caz.

• Upvote 5

I'll start doing progress reports closer to release. I'm also holding off another mega evolution poll until Episode 4 comes out.

EDIT: @Twilightwing: I somehow only just saw your post. Darkrai Perfection is a critical piece in the main story but it will be obtainable after the Champion is defeated.

Oh cool will there be much end content to play with him? or is that too far away to see?

• Developers

Oh cool will there be much end content to play with him? or is that too far away to see?

I have plans for a "story after the story" like what you see in Mystery Dungeon but we'll see. Plans aren't definite.

I have plans for a "story after the story" like what you see in Mystery Dungeon but we'll see. Plans aren't definite.

Are you hinting that there's going to be a new pokémon fan-game after Desolation? Or that's not true at all and you're just planning on making another fan-game after Desolation.

• Global Mods

Are you hinting that there's going to be a new pokémon fan-game after Desolation? Or that's not true at all and you're just planning on making another fan-game after Desolation.

I think Caz means a postgame story. As in the story continuing after the Champion like Delta Episode in ORAS.

I'm loving Desolation so far, but I think I might have a little issue.

After getting captured by those Teal chaps, I'm stuck in the cell. After the three "events," he guard had finally left her post and... "The bars are quite brittle, if only there wasn't a guard." Despite the guard being gone, I can't escape from the cell, meaning I'm stuck... Am I missing a sweet spot I need to click, or is there a little glitch that I'm suffering? Do I need to post my save file in order to fix this? (If I do need to post my save file, could someone let me know what that entails for an issue like this.)

In other news, I really hope Datum is a reference to what I think it is.

• Developers

I'm loving Desolation so far, but I think I might have a little issue.

After getting captured by those Teal chaps, I'm stuck in the cell. After the three "events," he guard had finally left her post and... "The bars are quite brittle, if only there wasn't a guard." Despite the guard being gone, I can't escape from the cell, meaning I'm stuck... Am I missing a sweet spot I need to click, or is there a little glitch that I'm suffering? Do I need to post my save file in order to fix this? (If I do need to post my save file, could someone let me know what that entails for an issue like this.)

In other news, I really hope Datum is a reference to what I think it is.

As for your issue -

just keep walking around in the cell.

In other news, it might be :]

EDIT: ICSW nailed it.

Edited by Caz

As for your issue -

just keep walking around in the cell.

In other news, it might be :]

EDIT: ICSW nailed it.

There we go. I thought the "events" were triggered by time, so I just sat there for a few minutes and assumed I had broken something. Thank you for the speedy response.

My guess is the Datum is a reference to the Strong Bad Email ISP, where they keep their "internet" at the Datum Center, which is just five computer towers in a garage.

Edited by Combat Medic

Ok so I'm playing through the game again (for like the fourth time now) and for some reason I CAN NOT seem to do the braille puzzle thing. Like I know it goes Center, NE, SW, SE, NW right? but how many times do you go through it before the door opens?! Cause ever time I go back to the middle it doesn't work and I feel stupid since I know I've done this 3 times already!!

Add on: Also I just noticed something, Ava said something about getting to call Connor a certain name if I'm able to beat him, but I don't remember her ever actually calling him anything...

Edited by Atlas105

• Developers

If you think you've really stuffed up the puzzle then simply leave the room and re-enter it again. The puzzle does work but sometimes strange things happen if the wrong order is done.

Correct order is:

Center NE SW SE NW NE SW SE NW Center

Add on: Also I just noticed something, Ava said something about getting to call Connor a certain name if I'm able to beat him, but I don't remember her ever actually calling him anything...

This has not been forgotten, just kept in reserve.

Edited by Caz

If you think you've really stuffed up the puzzle then simply leave the room and re-enter it again. The puzzle does work but sometimes strange things happen if the wrong order is done.

This has not been forgotten, just kept in reserve.

Thanks Caz,....and that's not ominous at all......