Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

So I'm about to battle Kiuki... and I treid to fight him, but his Beedrill 1 - 2 rounds everything with Twineedle, maybe because my team is mostly level 13/14... except my Beedrill

(also how fast is that thing outspeeds my Meowth with 35 speed and my level 15 Beedrill has just 28 speed with a speed-neutral personality????)

so I decided to train everything up to at least level 16... problem is: there is no way to heal up after I defeated the two Elite guards... Connor isn't my partner anymore and when I try to go back he won't let me saying: "Why are you going the wrong way?" ... so now I have a pretty beat up team with no way to heal other than letting myself get defeated.

My suggestion: give us a possibility to heal up in the house/cage next to the Arena where Lyra's husband is held captive or let Connor place a healing kit where he joins us when entering the second half of the cave.

Because timezones I sadly couldn't get that in before 1.1 was released (I quit before entering the second half of the cave yesterday, before going to bed...)

EDIT:

since I was downloading v1.1 while I was typing this... Ignore it... I now can go back without Connor bothering me...

Edited by Cepheus

i hate the starter i chose (i wanted to take it randomly) but ouch on the starter, there is 2 types i really hate 1 is grass the other is fairy so what starter do i naturally get ? flabebe ..... makes it impossible to get any super effective damage early on im currently struggling on everyone that beedrill currently wooping my ass.....

on a side note i love the little easter eggs from reborn and rejuv like the protagonist sitting in on the meeting with the guy with the beedrill

okie getting an error when i try to get my 2nd starter i cant chose charmander without it bugging out

Edited by Hypa

Tried it out and finished it yesterday. This game sure is interesting and has unique characteristics in it. I like the variety of different pokemon to choose from at the beggining and the fact that you can get a starter later on. (Of course i chose fennekin :3). Just one tiny thing, add some more/different kinds of pokemon in the beggining. I was walking around using only Flabebe and Meowth -due to technician- and only evolved fennekin to braixen and evolved my shiny bidoof to bibarel for connor -mainly due to rollout-. Other than that my "basic" team is Floette,Braixen and Meowth (until it gets replaced).

Will try it if it's close to Reborn and Rejuvenation. Glitchxcity music sells it by its own.

Is it as hard as Reborn?

Are good pokemon limited, or planned to?

When they say you can pick a second starter, do they mean from the one's unique to the game or like charmander, mudkip etc?

Edited by Revengercm

• Global Mods

Second starter = you can choose one of the Gen 1-6 from the professor later on, near the end of the current version. Before then, you take a quiz and get a Pokemon based on your answers (I think someone posted a list of the possible starters earlier in the thread).

sooo I've completed the story up till now.

now I wanted to complete the side quest, trained a Bidoof into a Bibarel, showed it to the scientist and then wanted to trade it for the Budew, but it shows that my Bibarel is "Not Able" for the trade...

So I got to the end of the playable story....and then Connor comes out with mons at level 19+ ;~; Got my ass wooped :[

For a level cap of 20 those are some really, really high levels for a first gym leader. Hardcore Julia's levels aren't even that high (outside of a Lv 20 Electrode) and that's supposed to be a very difficult fight. But yeah, I'll try this one out after some more progress has been made.

I had an easier time than I probably should have with Connor, because Spheal learns Brine at an early level. He should be challenging for most people otherwise though, with Drought Vulpix and a Fletchinder that knows Acrobatics.

His charmander also has dragon rage which is completely ridiculous at low levels.

I'd very highly recommend getting a Bibarel for anyone having trouble with Connor - it evolves early so at such an early stage in the game it's really strong (and of course it's a water pokemon), and on top of helping you with Connor it's also useful for that scientists sidequest, plus you can trade it for a Budew afterwards which 'eventually' becomes a fairly strong lategame pokemon. Rollout/headbutt is better than water gun on the bibarel since it has much higher attack than special attack (especially if sunny day is still up).

I used a Quagsire for half of Connors Team, because it eventually got to level 21 and wouldn't obey me.

The good thing about Quagsire: it's Water/Ground therefore fire attacks do like nothing to it, even with the harsh sunlight from Drought... and its Ground STAB (MudShot and MudBomb) are super effective against Fire and aren't effected by the Sunlight like Water-Attacks

for the other half of his Team I used Lombre and Mightyena... Connor was pretty easy that way

Edited by Cepheus

i need a hint for the braille puzzle ive translated em all but it goes around and around in circles atleast talking to the parchments doesnt work ://

start in the middle then go in the hourglass shape 2 or 3 times

Middle > NE > SW > SE > NW > NE > SW > SE > NW > (NE > SW > SE > NW >)

Then the NW one should say ORIGIN (easy to spot, because its WAY SHORTER), once you see this go back to the middle one

• Developers

Following the bugfix version, what problems are there in the game now? It's pretty known that bugfixes create more bugs.

The bidoof puzzle is actually able to be completed, the middle bidoof gives you a hint actually which I talked about in a previous post, if you talk to four bidoof in a particular order and then talk to the center one again, something might happen ~

• Upvote 1

Well, I was certainly happy to see civilization again after the horrific tale of the natives. Based on what Shiv did, I'm afraid he's some sort of super demon (but at the same time eccentric with his clothing and taste). Makes you wonder if he causes more trouble later on... Still, this game has the shortest backstabbing record of five minutes, once you find out why exactly the ship exploded. Frankly, I like Conner over Fern (then again who doesn't) despite the way he constantly avoids talking about his goodness. And yes, yet again the impossible choice of the regional starters causes blur... But overall, the plot was very mysterious for this new region, and I know I can't wait for Episode 2 to be released!

P.S. Conner killed everyone but my Flash Fire Growlithe, and it wasn't easy to not max out, and I just gave up on the Helix Cave puzzle

• Developers

Well I actually do have a plan for some of the difficult puzzles in the game, so here goes:

The game will feature a number of "pieces", 2 of which are availible in the current release. (although none have been found.) These pieces will be useful later in getting... Something. (optional, will be awesome and useful but not necessary.)

These puzzles aren't meant to be easy, but they are solvable, it just takes a little thought.

Again, I'm making the Helix cave puzzle easier regardles.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

I still have the Connor Sprite behind me btw even after updating. If you want, I can post my save file to show you. And the Shiny Sprite issue wasn't resolved.

EDIT: Finally got past the Bidoof Puzzle ._.

• Developers

BIGJRA: For the one you seem to have found, there was a certain prerequesite that was far too difficult to get, so I removed that in this update.

Asides from that, 1.2 is up, full changelog from 1.0 is as follows:

Greatly edited Connor's dialogue.
Removed Quiz, player now chooses between 8 starters in a new event.
Edited many closed NPC's.
Fixed Fairy typing and moves.
Fixed Male PC1's hat.
Fixed issue where cutscene with vulpix would repeat twice if returned to.
Edited Connor's team, Vulpix now has heat rock, Fletchinder has oran berry rather than sitrus.
Edited encounter rates in the caves.
Edited encounter levels in all areas.
Nerfed Connor's team slightly (Charmander switched for Chimchar as Dragon Rage too damn powerful)
Made the helix cave puzzle easier.
Fixed issue where Charmander couldn't be picked as a starter. (In the lab event.)

Edit: Simon, upload it (Or PM me) and I'll have a look at it, because it was from an event that already occured it can't be fixed with a version change :/.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1