Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

If I am correct about the second one, which exact tile do I have to be on to trigger the patience event. If it's the one with the slab, do I have to have the text box saying "patience..." open or should I just stand in that tile?

On another note, the Pokedex seems only to have the Kanto pokedex thus far, so consider fixing it to National.

pRF0444.png

Ayy got 'em. There's also a cool pokemon in one of the two rooms ;)

Edited by BIGJRA

• Developers

The event works fine, patience is a virtue after all ~

EDIT: Didn't notice the Pokedex issue, fixed for next release.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1

"Patience is a truly a virtue." Unfortunately, I do not have that. -Tries to get the event started- But on other note, lovely game you got here. It was fun maybe except gym leader ( I know you nerfed it already but I already completed the un nerfed version first) but other wise I look forward to it and further releases.

Edit:

I still can't figure out this puzzle.

Edited by YumenoRei

• Developers

Thanks, positive feedback helps a lot. (:

I'd also like people to let me know if they solve any of the main puzzles, just for my own amusement.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1

• Developers

Yeah, I know man. I wrote that spriting wasn't my strongest point at the moment (being incredibly new to game developing). But believe me, I'm working on it.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1

I don't hold it against you. This IS release #1 after all. I do like the plot set up. Unique starter choice.

Went through the sprite folder to find that, was surprised to see insurgence sprites in there too. Only expected to see either Rejuvenation or Reborn assets. Not all 3 :P

• Developers

I have a lot of inspiration :P

Consider them placeholders, or examples that I forgot to remove. I was too eager to release that I forgot to remove some assets. You won't see any other game sprites (even edits) starting from the next episode, so just forget you ever saw them ._.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1

So Connor is still following me can you fix this.

Also on another side note has anyone figured out the "patience is a virtue" room and the bidoof room. All I found in the patience room was a nugget and the bidoof room is something I am still willingly to figure out but if anyone has solved these puzzles could the private message me just so that I know that these puzzles can be done?

• Developers

Tempo, I'll fix it now. ^_^

Also, many things were changed when I updated the game. You may find that the puzzles are easier.

The Connor following issue is really annoying, because it affects saves that were made in v1.

EDIT: That save isn't desolation buddy, looks like it's Redemption (All I saw were legendaries in the party ._.)

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 1

well ok... normally I'm good with riddles, but...

In the "Patience is a virtue"-Room ... HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN?

I've had my game running for an hour now in that room after interacting with that Panel and just standing there without pressing any button... and nothing happened!

I also checked the panel again... but it still said "Patience is a virtue."

YES the game was highlighted all the time, so it wouldn't pause... (I have a stream running on my second monitor and was cooking lunch etc. to keep my hands of the Keyboard and mouse...)

luckily I saved before this... because I don't like artificially bloated gametime because I left a game running without pausing, when I don't do anything...

Edited by Cepheus

I haven't found this bidoof cave. Only Helix cave where I have no idea what to do and the cave behind the waterfall. They're too crypt, maybe more than the regice,rock,steel official ones. Unless it gives me a beldum I don't bite jk.

So I liked the game and you should release the next version asap imo. I had as much fun as Rejuvenation. I am just hoping it gets darker later on. Not too many options with good pokemon but obviously you're following Reborn and Rejuvenation and it's the 1st gym. Budew, Sandile and Totodile are on my final team and with budew's water sport I went 6-0 vs Connor no problem lol. I knew before it was fire so I got prepared so that's why. I just hope I don't have to use the same pokemon in Reborn and Rejuvenation so keep in mind that.

Honestly I prefer your game more than Insurgence, Zeta/Omicron. Insurgence just overdoes it with too many new features and Reborn style games stay with the core and makes it better/harder.

Capture.pngCqapture.pngHe says he has a machop and idk if it's intended this way.

Cap2ture.pngIt's actually lombre who I

have to trade for budew.

Edited by Revengercm

So I finally completed the Bidoof puzzle, so I can say for the most part completed this release.

Very good, it's plot hooked me off the bat. The only character I like so far is Connor because he's a likable Fern. He actually grows a little bit because he lost. He actually helps us out because he knows it's the right thing to do. He's cocky but not an asshole. Nothing wrong with the pure asshole type of character, those give us motivation to beat them. It's just there is no redeeming Fern regardless of his personal motivations revealed in episode 15.

The first gym was pretty easy, it could have been harder if I didn't have a Spheal or Monferno, but I did so I blew through his team. That's not to say that you should buff him. I say just get rid of one Vulpix and add a new fire type that's fair and not stupid at this point in the game.

The story has me pretty hooked. I enjoyed the native arc where you free a tribe from hypnotism and manipulation. Looking forward to what's to come.

Now I'll this, don't go over board with cryptic puzzles. If you're going to make it hard, at least include prompts to let the player know he/she is doing it right. Like how in Mario 64 if you pressed the right treasure chest instead of the wrong one you get a little jingle. Puzzles are fun, but if you have absolutely no hints on what to do visually or sound wise, it can really frustrate the experience in an unnecessary way.

The spriting is the weakest point. You should focus on improving that in the next little while. Connors' is okay, I think you need to make a new one and not base it off Fern. Also fix the shading and what not. Especially on the native characters. Kuiki should have his own sprite instead of a recolor of the regular NPCs.

Overall this release is a 7.5/10. Just up the presentation and we're in for something special. This could be the next Rejuvenation if you try hard enough.

edt: ALSO, having the choice between 26 starter pokemon, and picking two was a REALLY good idea. It adds more variety in choice and that's always welcome.

Edited by fireheart4560

edt: ALSO, having the choice between 26 starter pokemon, and picking two was a REALLY good idea. It adds more variety in choice and that's always welcome.

I think he could keep doing it, right? Maybe that will make it different from the rest. Make 2-3 NPC/Important characters give you a choice of several good pokemon.

One could give you: choose from zubat, togepi, murkrow, yanma, starly, fletchling, gligar etc.

Obviously make them available later on the game but way further than usual because you had your choice already.

Maybe do it by typing.

Edited by Revengercm

so i did solve the Braille and bidoof puzzle in version 1.0 so i don't know how they got made easier, but i can give my feedback on them anyway. the braille one i mentioned before so i won't say anything about that one other then it's not really that hard to solve once you translate the braille. the bidoof one is a good puzzle simple solution but tricky to solve. i won't say much more so i don't spoil it for people.

the "Patience is a truly a virtue." one i still haven't figured out yet, but adding that hint was a good choice. since before there was nothing to indicate that there was a puzzle there let alone how to solve it.

good on adding more pokemon in the area, it now feels more like an ecosystem. though the encounter rate does seem a bit weird for some reason.

edit: also if your coming from version 1.0 to 1.2 and you wander all the way back to where get the first starters you can take one form the shipwreck since you never did that before.

Edited by rustytengo