Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers
39 minutes ago, VKR said:

Is the ability competitive still an issue? I read about the problem on Meowstic a while ago and I can't seem to get it on my Milotic. Feebas can't seem to get oblivious (the ability that turns into competitive after it evolves i think) either but it's not really too much of a big deal for me if it can't.

Yes, it works fine on Milotic.

10 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

Could someone give me some information about the plot? It looks really great and I'd love to play it, but I'd prefere getting some info before ;)

Well it's going to be a bit hard without spoilering you too much. But you're starting on a lovely cruise ship with friends who are about to get 'caught up' in an incident and the ship sinks. Multiple rivaling and equally mysterious gangs are at fault. You end up on a remote but inhabited island and pick up your first pokemon from the ship wreck. From there on out your main actions are determined by 1) getting off the island and back home, 2) finding your friends and sticking together, 3) uncovering and stopping the hidden agendas of the gangs (I counted 3 different gangs so far) and 4) picking up gym badges along the way. You meet some individuals along the way, who somehow seem to possess supernatural abilities, but they are in my opinion more mysterious and subtle than the supernatural abilities present in other fan games like "Pokemon Rejuvenation". They all seem to be connected in one way or another to one gang's plot of creating an utopia by unlocking a legendary pokemon's true form and controlling it, which would allow them to control the fate every living being on the world.

That's more or less what the story boils down to as of now. The creator Caz has done a very good job of creating fitting game worlds who are filled with details which makes doing the many side quests even more rewarding. The characters are decently written, though I'd say some of them are a bit strongly influenced by popular archetypes. Still I like most of them so far, except for that air-headed bimbo Scarlett. I think overall it's a nice game with rapid story progression, that leaves nicely timed breathers for exploring and sidequests. Just give it a shot.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BlackRum said:

Well it's going to be a bit hard without spoilering you too much. But you're starting on a lovely cruise ship with friends who are about to get 'caught up' in an incident and the ship sinks. Multiple rivaling and equally mysterious gangs are at fault. You end up on a remote but inhabited island and pick up your first pokemon from the ship wreck. From there on out your main actions are determined by 1) getting off the island and back home, 2) finding your friends and sticking together, 3) uncovering and stopping the hidden agendas of the gangs (I counted 3 different gangs so far) and 4) picking up gym badges along the way. You meet some individuals along the way, who somehow seem to possess supernatural abilities, but they are in my opinion more mysterious and subtle than the supernatural abilities present in other fan games like "Pokemon Rejuvenation". They all seem to be connected in one way or another to one gang's plot of creating an utopia by unlocking a legendary pokemon's true form and controlling it, which would allow them to control the fate every living being on the world.

That's more or less what the story boils down to as of now. The creator Caz has done a very good job of creating fitting game worlds who are filled with details which makes doing the many side quests even more rewarding. The characters are decently written, though I'd say some of them are a bit strongly influenced by popular archetypes. Still I like most of them so far, except for that air-headed bimbo Scarlett. I think overall it's a nice game with rapid story progression, that leaves nicely timed breathers for exploring and sidequests. Just give it a shot.

Awesome! Thank you, I will definitely try it.

2 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Expect some unexpected twists along the way and some downright creepy things. Also prepare for some difficult choices that could decide the future of the characters.

I have begun playing it and I'm loving it. I'm really interested in Shiv, maybe because of his Touhou theme. Rhe characters are enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Wait... where can you get that Croagunk? Also, I've always wondered how can you reach that cave in Redcliff Town?

I've got 4 badges but I don't know those stuff lol

Spoiler

The cave in redcliff and the croagunk are 2 separate events, both including a piece. The one in redcliff is relatively simple, you just have to translate the messages on the boards from braille to english. The Croagunk event is in a cave behind a waterfall in the forest just before Redcliff, just spam enter on the board in that cave.

Just now, Mr. Divergent said:

How do you access the cave? There was a person blocking it right saying something about his brother?

Spoiler

The brother is playing video games in one of the houses, you need to get him to not play video games, figure out the rest for yourself.

4 minutes ago, SilentMetagross said:

anyone know where i can find a fire stone?

Bronze Island, complete all the ranger quests in Addenfall.

4 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

I can't beat the flying type gym leader. Does someone have any tips? Any good Pokémon to catch?

You can trade for an Elekid in town, you can also catch Slugma in the volcano and evolve it into a Magcargo though this is harder since it evolves at 38 and the level cap is 35

11 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Bronze Island, complete all the ranger quests in Addenfall.

You can trade for an Elekid in town, you can also catch Slugma in the volcano and evolve it into a Magcargo though this is harder since it evolves at 38 and the level cap is 35

Perfect, thank you.

3 hours ago, Tenshi said:

Perfect, thank you.

Bronze Island is at a point in the story, that's pretty far away. You can get a fire stone much sooner. I've gotten 4 fire stones so far. The earliest I found was for upgrading the jynx guild. Then there's the mentioned one on bronze island. Another one can be found while a city is burning, not going to specify that since it would be spoilers. I forgot where I got the fourth one, but I think it's a place accesible sooner than the bronze island and burning city.

Edit: As for the flying type gym leader, that one is a tough nut. I think a lot of people struggle against her. You can also get a Magnemite at the credit shop. The steel type helps you keeping it alive a lot more than having an Elekid. For future reference, if you're asking for help with a battle, it's usually easier for us to give you detailed advice if we know what team you are using. Knowing what pokemon, abilities and maybe even moves you have available helps greatly in helping you.

Edited by BlackRum

hello again i have  a question can some1 tell me the rewards for the fight club i hav fight like 7-10 elite trainers and i got a ability capsule and bc my pc had a problem and i didnt play much this weeks if any1 want to tell me pls(i know about deino event)

yup same here and how many people come into the elite trainer list?? 

Spoiler

I already fought emily, amelia, aderyn and the grand rogue guy

wish hardy came up.....he was way better than rosetta.

3 hours ago, valantisthanasoulis said:

hello again i have  a question can some1 tell me the rewards for the fight club i hav fight like 7-10 elite trainers and i got a ability capsule and bc my pc had a problem and i didnt play much this weeks if any1 want to tell me pls(i know about deino event)

If i remember well you need to do all Garret sidequest first, after defeat at least 5 elit trainers you need to go outside of the fight club and two trainers will be outside waiting for you and this activate a sidequest

at the end of the sidequest, the reward is

Spoiler

a denio egg

also if you defeat amelia you can talk to her and she will give you something

26 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

yup same here and how many people come into the elite trainer list?? 

Hide contents

I already fought emily, amelia, aderyn and the grand rogue guy

wish hardy came up.....he was way better than rosetta.

they are all the ones you can fight, you have also the battle simulator at the manor more trainers but no credit as reward xd

1 hour ago, Arkiel said:

If i remember well you need to do all Garret sidequest first, after defeat at least 5 elit trainers you need to go outside of the fight club and two trainers will be outside waiting for you and this activate a sidequest

at the end of the sidequest, the reward is

Reveal hidden contents

a denio egg

also if you defeat amelia you can talk to her and she will give you something

i know about the sidequest(i have allready a hidragon :3) and the mega stone i asking about the fight club owner you see a person sitting in a couch a old man he say if you defeat enough elite trainers you get rewards i need some1 to tell me about this rewards :/

and something else what you can do with the black sludge fragments?

Edited by valantisthanasoulis