Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

14 hours ago, UnicornJesus said:

Thanks! Welp, I guess the wait continues XD. Guess I´ll have lots of time to do my teams and ev train. 

Yeah, it'll be as usual : Caz will login at a random time when it's ready and drop it like "oh, by the way, i have this. You can take it"

• Like 3

I've had well over 100 encounters - including multiple Tailow and (I assume) all the other available pokemon, but no Bidoof since reaching the village for the first time. Does anyone know how high its encounter rate is roughly?

EDIT: Do they only come out during the day?

Edited by DracostarA

15 hours ago, DracostarA said:

I've had well over 100 encounters - including multiple Tailow and (I assume) all the other available pokemon, but no Bidoof since reaching the village for the first time. Does anyone know how high its encounter rate is roughly?

EDIT: Do they only come out during the day?

No idea. I guess you can even try the Keneph Caves. That end part where you go to fight Kuiki. I know its blocked off, but just walk around there. You'll get it.

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

You'd do better to play it now. While you still have access to Weavile, Scizor, and Hydreigon.

To be honest, I wouldn’t use those Pokémon anyway since I don’t really like them. If I can get through Reborn with a Simisage I can do anything. Hopefully.

22 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

To be honest, I wouldn’t use those Pokémon anyway since I don’t really like them. If I can get through Reborn with a Simisage I can do anything. Hopefully.

There’s a possibility that there won’t be any more updates. Or at least for quite some time. The game has almost 50 hours of content and is perhaps one of the best games available on this forum. You’d be doing yourself an injustice by not playing.

8 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

There’s a possibility that there won’t be any more updates. Or at least for quite some time. The game has almost 50 hours of content and is perhaps one of the best games available on this forum. You’d be doing yourself an injustice by not playing.

I most certainly will play it, but I’d prefer to wait until it’s farther into completion, and if it never gets complete I don’t see much point in playing.

Out of Reborn, Rejuvenation and Desolation, it is for a fact that Desolation's plot is the one that scares the hell out of me the most than the previous two, for now at least.  I seriously recommend to play the previous mentions along with this one as their plots are really good, Desolation in particular.

29 minutes ago, AzureC said:

Out of Reborn, Rejuvenation and Desolation, it is for a fact that Desolation's plot is the one that scares the hell out of me the most than the previous two, for now at least.  I seriously recommend to play the previous mentions along with this one as their plots are really good, Desolation in particular.

Desolation is the best game on this site, mostly because of its plot.

Desolation blew my mind because of the plot. Especially since...

Spoiler

I have no idea what is real and what was a dream. Was it a dream from the get-go? Was it a dream from the moment that guy pushed me from the top of the clouds? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Image result for cell i have so many questions gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ProjectIceman said:

Desolation blew my mind because of the plot. Especially since...

Hide contents

I have no idea what is real and what was a dream. Was it a dream from the get-go? Was it a dream from the moment that guy pushed me from the top of the clouds? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Image result for cell i have so many questions gif

I think that it was basically your version of a Memory, that you are telling Aurora.

It's your version. It's probably a romanticization of what really happened.

It's like Cloud Strife. In his mind, he Joined SOLDIER and knew Sephiroth, even though that wasn't what actually happened. Same thing here. The one who was talking to you all along was Aurora, right? In the final sequence, She mocks all the storytelling tropes that happen in your memory. It's more than possible that that isn't what actually happened.

I've only seen one other person in this thread with it, and ducking it up didn't help.

After re-installing, re-downloading from both sources, trying different display settings, running as an admin, and starting a new game, I still am unable to complete the prologue. After discovering the bomb, confronting the chick on the boat, the game freezes once I get smacked to wake up.

Using the latest version (downloaded yesterday), on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

45 minutes ago, Risakisa said:

I've only seen one other person in this thread with it, and ducking it up didn't help.

After re-installing, re-downloading from both sources, trying different display settings, running as an admin, and starting a new game, I still am unable to complete the prologue. After discovering the bomb, confronting the chick on the boat, the game freezes once I get smacked to wake up.

Using the latest version (downloaded yesterday), on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post your savefile here, I'll play through until after you get smacked, then send you the file. If it still does afterwards we can settle that later.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Risakisa said:

Thanks. 😄

I'm assuming it's this file.

And, yes, I am delightfully immature when it comes to names.

Game.rxdata

Here you go, I didn't have any problems with the file so I don't know what could have caused the error. You weren't kidding about the names i see.

Game.rxdata

Thanks for trying, but it's still not working. 😕

Are you using the direct, full downloads from the main page, or an older copy with patches applied on top of that? Perhaps the game files got corrupted on the upload servers or something.

1 minute ago, Risakisa said:

Thanks for trying, but it's still not working. 😕

Are you using the direct, full downloads from the main page, or an older copy with patches applied on top of that? Perhaps the game files got corrupted on the upload servers or something.

I don't know if Caz updated the links or not but I have 4.1.1. What does it say when it crashes can you post a screenshot?

Just now, Risakisa said:

It doesn't actually crash. Just freezes; unresponsive. I've even given it half an hour or so to work, but it didn't.

Is your computer slow or do you have anything open in the background? Also did you try making the window small?

My computer is more than enough to handle this, unless it's somehow a hundred times more demanding than any other fan-game. But, yes, I do have other stuff running, and I'll try to have the window be "small".

Spoiler

-ADDENDUM- Tried your save file, this time with the "small" window. Same (lack of) results. 😕

-ADDENDUM 2 (because multi-posting is bad)- If you're willing to be super thorough in testing it, could you perhaps send me a save-file that's past that opening area, and/or re-download the files and seeing if you get a freeze there as well? If you can get through on a brand-new download, it'd at least confirm that it's not the file-sharing website that corrupted some file, and if I can run a save file that's beyond it, that'd confirm that whatever the problem is, it's on that area.

Edited by Risakisa