Friday Night Mafia - GAME OVER: Survivors Win!

Bazaro

• Administrators

...well, if it's come to that already, i.. i suppose there's no reason not to. 
l-like cass says, mafia already knows, so i'll probably die soon anyway... but sometimes it happens, right? when you think about it, the human body is really so fragile... everything has to be exactly as it is in order it to work... so if you move a few things around... an artery here... a tendon there... the whole thing just shuts down, you know? it's so simple... and yet people always act high and mighty, like they're made of steel. in reality it only takes two inches of that same metal, a small needle in the right location-- to shut them up for good... isn't that so arrogant? one moment they're laughing and pointing and kicking you and telling you to die-- and the next moment their eyes are wide open, staring at a sky emptier than their heads...

if you want it to be like that, then i'll just say it.

i'm the vigilante.

night 0, i chose not to kill. l'belle was a mafia victim, unlike alistair said. having nothing to go off of, i didn't want to hurt anyone. not until they deserved it. 

night 1, i killed amber. isn't voting for yourself so passive aggressive? to be so afraid of hurting anyone else by pointing a finger... the only thing you can do is make people take pity on you by playing the victim. refuse like me would know all about that. it's a simple way to avoid suspicion. i decided i'd find out how much of a victim he really was. enough of one to die, perhaps. but it was a mistake. i'm sorry for that... i'm really really,, really sorry... 

...but you'll forgive me, right? 
just like amber said, we won't get anywhere if we only let the mafia dictate the pace of the kills... so in a way... i was just doing what he said. 

all you have to do is forgive me.

truth be told when i first voted for alistair, i didn't actually think he was mafia. the thing i quoted there was just the only thing that stood out to me. but then when pressured he claimed vigilante, and i could only laugh. i was vigilante from the start of the game. if he didn't get lynched, i would've killed him anyway. who's the vigilante now, huh?? 

that would've been funny too. hehehe...

but i didn't need to.

lynching scum day one...? it's a great start, isn't it? i hoped a lucky guess would put us on a roll, but alas, amber was just the bomb. i would have killed myself last night if it hadn't been for a lucky doctor. thank you, doc! imagine saving someone from a murder and an explosion in one night. the power of medical science truly is staggering, isn't it? but i'm sorry to have been such a burden...

since the coyote and mafia will be after me now, i hope to work with you again, no matter how useless i may be, and even trying to save me proves fruitless in the end. if there's a watcher out there, pay attention to who might be mafia, okay? 

anyway, i don't mind if i die if it helps you find the real killers. 

someone like me should die anyway.

before i do, since everything is out in the open now, we can conclude a few things about how ali was acting first. for instance, he voted for nicki, so we can reason that nicki probably isn't mafia. alistair wasn't under pressure yet, and i don't think there's a reason to start bussing as early as day 1, especially in the desert of information we were in.

his trying to say lia was town would have been the most suspicious thing about her-- if you believed he was actress. but no thanks to a certain person, we can understand that was just empty flattery in a desperate act to try and save himself. i suppose not all actresses are convincing, in the end.

he also voted for alaris, and so among everything else, i would put a strong townread on him for that. but alaris was the one who saw the truth right away anyway, so that should have already been the case.

another point is that since he went out of his way to warn us about the presence of a saboteur, we might assume there actually isn't one in this set up. apparently there is still a fabricator. and apparently neither of those things will deter someone from shooting with no logic whatsoever. not that someone like me, who's also already swung and missed, has any room to talk.

i'm sorry for that... but you'll forgive me, right?

i'll kill as many mafia for you as you want if you forgive me-- at least once we find them. all you have to do is forgive me.

now that i look back on it, kiet also was also saying how the bandwagon on ali was suspicious.

and isn't it in the interest for someone on that side to press the case that ali would be the real vigilante? and he begins by pointing to the one who sniffed him out first, huh? 

that's really peculiar, isn't it? isn't it? isn't it ???

[Eliminate] Kiet

If Kiet is really mafia, he would do the opposite of what he's doing now trust me. He would agree about Ali being the actress because covering a dead ally would be pretty much risky in my opinion. So yes i think that Kiet is town. 

Anyway i don't know how to say but this is pretty much strage so:

[Eliminate] Amethyst

For now i will keep this vote, i have my reasons. If you're really the real vigilante, then i'm sorry for have voted you and well we will know if you're saying the truth next night. 

• Administrators

it's not like i know anyone's habits here... or even their approximate strengths. in the end i'm just useless after all. i really am sorry for that...

why can't you just forgive me...?

for no reason at all? that is strange, isn't it? isn't it??

b-but like i said before... i'm sure i've been tailored already otherwise they wouldn't have tried to kill me last night......

if they killed me and i flipped vigilante, they would've looked really silly, wouldn't they? after all, it's not like an actress could scope out a dead person...

s-so i mean, killing me won't actually reveal the truth... just another scum lie. right?

in the end im sure the watcher will visit you tonight, ame. we'll probably find out who/what kills you that way if it comes to that. although, you might just be loudmouthing to the point of finding out mafia members. admirable

• Veterans
49 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

If Kiet is really mafia, he would do the opposite of what he's doing now trust me. He would agree about Ali being the actress because covering a dead ally would be pretty much risky in my opinion. So yes i think that Kiet is town. 

This is ridiculous. The first issue with this is that it defeats the entire purpose of having an actress- when you die, it reveals you as the wrong role and then you use that to deceive the town into thinking that a townie is dead instead of a mafia member. Since the actress knows the role of the person they copied and (I'm assuming) this setup also comes with a tailor, the mafia can then make the person they copied look like the actress, which lets them set up the town even further.

Theoretically, anyway, this would've been the plan, especially since the actress had copied the vigilante, meaning that the mafia had effectively found the vigilante immediately. Using the death of the actress to its fullest would involve going after the people who lynched a "townie". Kiet began doing that before he was called out on it and while it was still possible that the actual vigi was dead. Saying "yeah ali was a mafia member" effectively confirms you're mafia anyway (since how else would you know that), so this reasoning really doesn't hold up.

52 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Anyway i don't know how to say but this is pretty much strage so:

[Eliminate] Amethyst

For now i will keep this vote, i have my reasons. If you're really the real vigilante, then i'm sorry for have voted you and well we will know if you're saying the truth next night. 

Yeah, it's kind of a weird situation, but those aren't very good reasons. The reason the vigi now needs the watcher following them is because they're definitely going to be strongman-killed and the doctor can't protect her from it. She'll also, in all likelihood, show up as the role she's been tailored to, so you wouldn't know the truth next night if/when she gets killed, and this end statement seems like a good way to cover yourself for when that ends up happening.

So, uh, I guess you'll be a good lynch target tomorrow?

Call it ridiculous ok, i don't really mind it because i already know that my ideas could be ridiculous. You know, sometimes i just like to put my ideas only for seeing how people respond to them and for seeing if i'm wrong or not, so yes that's the case (this is not an excuse btw) and it helped me a bit 👍🏻 

Also i didn't explain my reasons so i don't understand the sentence "those aren't very good reasons" because what i did was only saying one opinion on Kiet and voting Ame without explaning why i did that. My reasons that i have in my mind, they may be right or not, but since i'm not still fully convinced a
t them, i prefer to not share instead of saying some stupid words.

Another thing i don't understand is all this concern about just a vote on Ame, because if i were Ame i wouldn't even be worried. I don't know it almost gives me the impression that you're afraid that "your plan may fail", i don't mean anything bad of course but that's what i'm seeing. 

Oh okay i'm not afraid to be the next lynched person if you really want to know but you better find other reasons to suspect me. I said "we will know if you're saying the truth" not for see which role she would end up but, like you suggested, to see what the watcher will have to say (hopefully someone is the watcher), if they will say that she got visited by two people then i will probably believe in her roleclaim. And Ame it's ok, i didn't mean that you have to know everyone ^^

I hope this clarify some things, i don't like to see some words that i didn't even mean to say. If my post was a bit confusing, i apologize because i was a bit tired when i did them.

Oh wait forgot to do this

Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. How could the pizza disappear? Why? Did somebody eat it? Did somebody steal it so that they can have it for themselves? But why? Why would somebody even deign to touch something so hideous. More importantly, who did it? He trusted them, each and every one of them here... No! It's impossible! They could not have done it. Nobody would touch that thing. Yes. That's it. The pizza ran away. The monstrosity came to life with the evil energy from the pineapples. Surely that must be it. That's the only explanation. But where could it go? The room was locked and nothing went out of the room. 

IT HAS INFECTED SOMEBODY! THE ELDRITCH ABOMINATION HAD MURDERED SOMEONE AND TOOK THEIR PLACE! But which poor sap...

Well we have 2 vigilantes. Which one is the real one is the question of the moment.

Well, well, well...

ALL I HEAR IS BLASPHEMY!

This game just turned into madness! We, my minions, are in a situation where discovering the truth is nothing but impossible!

What are the odds of our fellow Alistair being the actress and visiting Amethyst, discovering she is the vigilante and in the next day, Amethyst starts the bandwagon on Alistair, killing him, and then proceeding to roleclaim his role???

Do you know what I think?

FAKE!

What I see here is just a mafia strategy of using the actress role as a bait to lure the town. COWARDS!

Even though it's impossible to know if you are telling the truth or not, I will stick with my intuition! 

[Eliminate] Amethyst

9 hours ago, andracass said:

This is ridiculous. The first issue with this is that it defeats the entire purpose of having an actress- when you die, it reveals you as the wrong role and then you use that to deceive the town into thinking that a townie is dead instead of a mafia member. Since the actress knows the role of the person they copied and (I'm assuming) this setup also comes with a tailor, the mafia can then make the person they copied look like the actress, which lets them set up the town even further. 

You know that you can use the Actress role to do the opposite too? Trying to deceive Town, that the actress died over a real town role. And that's what you guys are trying to do right now imo.

There are many possibilities how you can actually use this role for. But me beeing the prime candidate, cause i stated the other thing is ridiculious.

9 hours ago, andracass said:

Saying "yeah ali was a mafia member" effectively confirms you're mafia anyway (since how else would you know that), so this reasoning really doesn't hold up. 

I don't know where you fished that up, but i never said that Ali was a mafia member.

All i did was speculate what could have possible, if Ali was indeed the actress. Additionally I was still convinced, that he was the real Vigilante, before Ames claim. With this the possibility of him being the actress are rather possible now.
You all also were just speculating about an actress. There was no real proof till now.

Whatever i did, was speak my mind. I shared what i think was possible. If i were mafia, i would never spout so much nonsense, cause i already know what happened. Rather then making myself suspicious, i would lay low.

And not like 1 vote on a person, will be a deciding factor at all. You should have rather watched how the people reacted to it.

If you still doubt me, i can roleclaim if you want.

1 hour ago, Nano4 said:

Since I'm the only confirmed town I believe I should get another gun from the supplier

Confirmed by whom? As far as I remember, you're as much confirmed as me. Also, I advise against that for obvious reasons.

46 minutes ago, Newt said:

Amethyst starts the bandwagon on Alistair, killing him, and then proceeding to roleclaim his role???

It was me who started the BW against Alistair.

---

I don't think Kiet is mafia.

Any ideas on how to prove Ame's claim?

• Global Mods

I personally believe that, if we have an Actress and Tailor in the setup, we shouldn’t have a Coyote...since the Actress can just tell the Coyote what role the person they visited are and they can kill without putting themselves in danger. Imo, that seems a little bit OP.

I do want to hear from Cass, since she told someone to target her last night (I assume for the mafia kill, I don’t remember).

Mafia kill is discussed among the Mafia chat, and takes up their whole night action. They decide who does the killing.

Coyote is totally separate, and may as well be a third party

• Global Mods

Oh, just before I forget... an hour later but that’s okay.

[eliminate] Amethyst.

I’m sorry, Ame, but I don’t believe your claim.

Aight guys forgive me on that post above ^ bc i couldnt delete the quote somehow lol.

@Amethyst for clarification,  did bazaro actually message you to say you have been healed?

At this point i think Cass & Ame are both mafia and are trying to trick us into thinking its all something else. Cass and Ame both said something about ame's role being changed if she dies so that we wont know the truth. That really makes it obvious to me that they are already preparing incase ame would be lynched. At first it seemed really unlikely to me because them both being maf would be like me and nicki being the templars lol.  Also, like others have said, you both seemed very stressed out after receiving only 1 little vote.

[Eliminate]  Amethyst

• Veterans
27 minutes ago, Caimie said:

At this point i think Cass & Ame are both mafia and are trying to trick us into thinking its all something else. Cass and Ame both said something about ame's role being changed if she dies so that we wont know the truth. That really makes it obvious to me that they are already preparing incase ame would be lynched. At first it seemed really unlikely to me because them both being maf would be like me and nicki being the templars lol.  Also, like others have said, you both seemed very stressed out after receiving only 1 little vote.

I'd... really like to think I'm better at being maf than this. I can roleclaim too if it's absolutely necessary but I'm really hoping it's not.

1 hour ago, cicada said:

Regardless, if we have enough time I’d like to hear from Cass.

I'm not sure I understand what you need to hear from me? I didn't ask someone to target me last night, I asked someone to target Ame tonight since she's definitely going to get killed (if you all don't kill her during the day.)

[unvote] kiet

[vote] lykos

• Global Mods
On 3/2/2019 at 4:50 PM, andracass said:

And you can kill me tonight.

3 minutes ago, andracass said:

I didn't ask someone to target me last night, I asked someone to target Ame tonight since she's definitely going to get killed (if you all don't kill her during the day.)

:thonk: Am I misunderstanding?

• Veterans

yeah, that was just because Ali said that I'm willing to "jump on any bandwagon that involves him" even though he was acting pretty similarly to how he usually does when he's maf and I countered it with "fine, if you're the actual vigilante, you can shoot me tonight."

• Administrators

I-I didn't get any message saying I was healed, no... apparently there isn't one in this game. is there usually one? since I'm new I- I guess I wouldn't know. 

but it doesn't really make sense otherwise for me to have survived the bomb, and then there be only one kill...

I said in the first place that you can kill me if you think it'll help... I'll apologize as much as you want, and you can hang me upside down, slit my throat, disembowel me, quarter me by the limbs, whatever you want...!! I know I deserve all of it anyway ...

even despite saying that, I.. can't say I'm not worried since it's the wrong choice.. if you decide ali is the real vigilante, that will derail the entire game.. it's.. kind of a critical moment after all..

but more importantly, what I was trying to say before was I just wanted to c-clear up the misunderstanding about killing me showing any kind of truth. If there's a tailor, I won't appear as vigilante. but that's not our plan-- it's just what we're reasoning mafia should do.. isn't it.. common sense?

if you vote for me, do it because you already think i'm lying about being vigilante-- not because you expect my dying to show you the truth.. that's all i'm saying. 

Things just don't add up

**Theory**

Night 0: Ali (Actress) visits Ame (Vigilante) and impersonates her.

Day 1: Ali tells his maf partners Ame was the real Vigilante. We lynch Ali.

Night 1: The maf tailors Ame and attempts to kill her with the factional kill.

Why would the maf tailor Ame AND try to kill her? That's silly.

Therefore, we can conclude Ame is not tailored, and thus if she dies we will see her actual role.