Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

Hi Blue towel,

I just finished the current version all I can say is what a game and really enjoyed the mod. The Alternate forms are well thought of, Shiny earth Typhlosion has such vibrant colours. The Bad Eevee side quest was so much fun and the Totem pokemon very challenging. I can't wait for E19 and future mod update, please let me know if you might need help for future update. All I can say is keep up the amazing work mate.

Edit: I was trying to breed a dive Dewpider using a female Araquinid holding an iron plate but I've getting normal dewpider, also can you breed partner Eevee, I'm trying to get a dragonslayer Sylveon but it doesn't seem to breed with ditto, as well what are the stats of D Sylveon? 

Thank you

Edited by Collectivemind13
  • Like 1

I'm trying to get Sylveon (Dragonslayer)   

Happiness +Dragon's Den but I've been in the "Belly of the Beast" Where the field is common but my Eevee won't evolve but if I take it to the other areas and level it up it tries to turn into normal Sylveon. Do I have to active Dragon's Den somewhere else?

On 3/31/2022 at 3:34 PM, Collectivemind13 said:

Hi Blue towel,

I just finished the current version all I can say is what a game and really enjoyed the mod. The Alternate forms are well thought of, Shiny earth Typhlosion has such vibrant colours. The Bad Eevee side quest was so much fun and the Totem pokemon very challenging. I can't wait for E19 and future mod update, please let me know if you might need help for future update. All I can say is keep up the amazing work mate.

Edit: I was trying to breed a dive Dewpider using a female Araquinid holding an iron plate but I've getting normal dewpider, also can you breed partner Eevee, I'm trying to get a dragonslayer Sylveon but it doesn't seem to breed with ditto, as well what are the stats of D Sylveon? 

Thank you

I can answer the Dewpider one cus I did a few. Your normal dewpider can evolve into Dive Araquinid by holding the iron plate. As for Dragonslayer I'm in the same boat as you but normally you have to have it at high happiness in "Den of the Dragon" Field. like in places like the Belly of the Beast area at Titania's gym. There is a Sinstea as a pokeball there so you can get the field and can't even hurt a lv 1 eevee and will self kill with Memento but I've been trying myself and it's seems to not work.

• Like 1

• Veterans

I'm sorry about the Dragonslayer Sylveon! It was working fine so I'm not sure when it got broken. Are you using PBS files maybe?

It looks like the PLA Pokémon spriting project on Smogon is nearly done so when that comes I'll make sure to update with bug fixes and those sprites. I'm reluctant to do multiple bug fix releases because I'm struggling with time and my health rn and working on something for Reborn e19.

Also Partner Eevee (and Pikachu) cannot breed, by design. Dewpider should be able Plate Breed, though, so that needs fixing.

• Like 1

I got Dragonslayer after fighting Sinstea, thank you Sunny for telling me how I can get dive Araquinid. Blue Towel I don't think I'm using a PBS file. Also I'm not sure if it's a bug but I've been using Galarian Darmanitan with Gorrila Tactics is Overwhelmingly powerful, something I should point out is that I can only use one move, however I don't get an attack boost.

Edit: How do I get Dreepy, Falinks and Toxel?

PS: Blue Towel, I hope your health improves soon. I know Ep19 is right around the corner but please do take care as it sounds like it's a lot to deal with. Take care

• Veterans
3 hours ago, Collectivemind13 said:

I got Dragonslayer after fighting Sinstea, thank you Sunny for telling me how I can get dive Araquinid. Blue Towel I don't think I'm using a PBS file. Also I'm not sure if it's a bug but I've been using Galarian Darmanitan with Gorrila Tactics is Overwhelmingly powerful, something I should point out is that I can only use one move, however I don't get an attack boost.

Edit: How do I get Dreepy, Falinks and Toxel?

PS: Blue Towel, I hope your health improves soon. I know Ep19 is right around the corner but please do take care as it sounds like it's a lot to deal with. Take care

Thanks for the bug report, I'll check that out!

Dreepy

Spoiler

Is given by an old man in Onyx Trainers' School after defeating all of the Monster Houses. He's in the computer suite.

Falinks

Spoiler

Is found wild in Sugiline Cave

Toxel

Spoiler

Is found where Fennekin used to be in the Water Treatment Centre. 

3 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Thanks for the bug report, I'll check that out!

Dreepy

Hide contents

Is given by an old man in Onyx Trainers' School after defeating all of the Monster Houses. He's in the computer suite.

Falinks

Hide contents

Is found wild in Sugiline Cave

Toxel

Hide contents

Is found where Fennekin used to be in the Water Treatment Centre. 

I have been searching for Falinks for over an hour in Sugline Cave and Sugline Ruin, I've gotten 5 shinies but no Falinks. What's Falinks encounter rare or am I just very unlucky?

Edit: It was brutal but I did find one where Gible can be found.

18 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

I'm sorry about the Dragonslayer Sylveon! It was working fine so I'm not sure when it got broken. Are you using PBS files maybe?

It looks like the PLA Pokémon spriting project on Smogon is nearly done so when that comes I'll make sure to update with bug fixes and those sprites. I'm reluctant to do multiple bug fix releases because I'm struggling with time and my health rn and working on something for Reborn e19.

Also Partner Eevee (and Pikachu) cannot breed, by design. Dewpider should be able Plate Breed, though, so that needs fixing.

Don't rush yourself. Your health is more important also someone told me that they got Dragonslayer I don't know if I'm using PBS files but I'll check around my files or just redownload the game with the save file. I pray your health improves but take your time with Ep 19 we're all enjoying 18 and the updates so no rush!

EDIT: I FOUND OUT WHY I DIDN'T GET DRAGONSLAYER

Eevee had a fairy move that was keeping it from having the dragonslayer form, only the original 

Finally checked this out after a year of inactivity. Hot damn. This went from that old Emboar Rock/Fire recolor to an actual Post-Game content mod. Might even become the Calamity to Reborn's Terraria. I'm looking forward to what you do.

Although, there's no more link in the OP for the events and sidequests for this mod. Including all the new forms, movesets, and such. Where is it?

• Veterans
17 hours ago, CorEagle said:

Finally checked this out after a year of inactivity. Hot damn. This went from that old Emboar Rock/Fire recolor to an actual Post-Game content mod. Might even become the Calamity to Reborn's Terraria. I'm looking forward to what you do.

Although, there's no more link in the OP for the events and sidequests for this mod. Including all the new forms, movesets, and such. Where is it?

I'm really excited for the next episodes. :) Keeping myself tamped down about it because of e19. Am working on a thing for e19 that will be extremely QoL for PoA Ep1 too though :D hehe~, so vague...

Edit: Whoops, I missed answering the question! Keeping the thread updated with the forms and their information started becoming extremely difficult and timeconsuming due to loading times and such. There's a wiki now, but it still hasn't been updated with everything due to the quantity of forms and moveset information. It should be easier to automate updating it after Ep1 though! 
You can find it here: https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Pokémon_Altforms_Wiki

8 hours ago, Tapu Fufu said:

Does anybody know how to get Runerigus?

I do! 

Spoiler

Level up Galarian Yamask in Northern Undernet near the giant fossil!

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Jiven said:

As far as you know, is this compatible with e19 at release ?

This is not compatible with e19. I will be developing a new version of this for e19, and will most likely release it around Sept/Oct out of respect for the game and its developers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, Jiven said:

As far as you know, is this compatible with e19 at release ?

It isn't at all.

Any non-vanilla data will crash the game if attempted to be loaded, which is:

Generation 8 Pokemon

Generation 8 Moves

Any of the added mod items.

Hey BlueTowel,

I have been a huge fan of yours for awhile, just wanted to say it's understandable to move it towards October/Sept, I was just wondering if there is any easy way I can separate the files for the time being? I freeze when I click on my Party Pokemon, go into battle and move towards items in my inventory.

Thank you again for your continuous hardwork and consistency, I just wanted to ask because I wanna enjoy the beta! :)

• Veterans
2 hours ago, D-Rey said:

Hey BlueTowel,

I have been a huge fan of yours for awhile, just wanted to say it's understandable to move it towards October/Sept, I was just wondering if there is any easy way I can separate the files for the time being? I freeze when I click on my Party Pokemon, go into battle and move towards items in my inventory.

Thank you again for your continuous hardwork and consistency, I just wanted to ask because I wanna enjoy the beta! :)

Hey! I'm afraid you can't go back to normal Reborn with a PoA save. There's too much new content in both! With early altforms saves you can at least have the save fixed to do so, but once Gen 8 was added it seems there's no going back. Unless someone knows how to really scrub a save file.
You can select a different save file from the main menu without issues, though.

Besides that, you could move the save files to a new directory and rename it, then name the game the same as the directory in Game.ini - it'd be easier to do that with PoA than e19, since e19 will probably keep replacing the Game.ini with the updater.

I'm looking forward to Ep1 too! At the moment I'm working on a couple of things for e19 updates, then I'll be starting the direct work on Ep1. It's all planning at this stage. :) (And a little graphics work.)

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 5:42 AM, BlueTowel said:

Hey! I'm afraid you can't go back to normal Reborn with a PoA save. There's too much new content in both! With early altforms saves you can at least have the save fixed to do so, but once Gen 8 was added it seems there's no going back. Unless someone knows how to really scrub a save file.
You can select a different save file from the main menu without issues, though.

Besides that, you could move the save files to a new directory and rename it, then name the game the same as the directory in Game.ini - it'd be easier to do that with PoA than e19, since e19 will probably keep replacing the Game.ini with the updater.

I'm looking forward to Ep1 too! At the moment I'm working on a couple of things for e19 updates, then I'll be starting the direct work on Ep1. It's all planning at this stage. :) (And a little graphics work.)

I'll try that right now, also it makes me more sense now LOL well make sure to take care of yourself while you're at it, I'm very excited to see what's next. Have a goodnight!

Will the Blank Plate item from Legends: Arceus be available in the next update? Also, will you add more Normal type altforms now that the Normal type finally has its own plate? I think Normal is the type with the least available altforms currently. 

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Nocturne93 said:

Will the Blank Plate item from Legends: Arceus be available in the next update? Also, will you add more Normal type altforms now that the Normal type finally has its own plate? I think Normal is the type with the least available altforms currently. 

Yes to both. :) Actually, Dark has one fewer according to the spreadsheet, but that includes new forms coming in the next episode.

• Like 2

• Veterans

titlesymbol2.png.722d80bb2fe4ae02231e08447636e1d1.png

"There was neither non-existence nor existence then;

Neither the realm of space, nor the sky which is beyond;

What stirred? Where? In whose protection?"

Episode 1 when???

First off, hi! The short answer is 30th September.

The longer answer is that I have big plans and seem to always be working, and I'm working out a production cycle that lets me try to deliver the content I'd like to do in a timely manner.

The plan is to work in the following cycles:

1.  A straight update that adds in everything that was in Ep0 (except, well, see 4.), with updates to old content so they fit in better. The Digsite? It's going to be at the end of Route 1.
  2.  New altforms, new sidestory content throughout the main game.
  3.  Additional postgame sidestory content, including many Gen 8 legendaries and a couple of altform legendaries.
  4.  A crafting system and a new Plate Interactions system. Plate Interactions will be left out until this cycle. 
  5.  New Mining Stones, crafting recipes and a final sidequest to conclude Episode 1.

At the end of each cycle, I intend to leave the game in a state where I could release it as-is if the next cycle isn't complete by 30th September.
I would really like my bare minimum to be 3. Some of that sidestory content has been sitting in my mind for years now and I'd really like to get it out! 
If I finish Cycle 3 early, I may release or start testing early, and add the rest of the cycles in as updates, perhaps with some more content to make them more meaningful.

If it looks like Cycle 3 won't be finished by 30th September, I will release something sooner.

A couple of weeks after Reborn officially publicly releases, I'll start a PoA dev blog. :)

When Episode 1 releases, I'll make a Plates of Arceus club on the forums too.

I'll give an update every couple of weeks or so on how it's going, and talk about some of the upcoming content and features.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I need some help.

I can't mix my Milcery into a Ribbon Rainbown Swirl Alcremie.

I've tried to mix every single combo with all sweets and all mixers at morning, at evening and at night, but it didn't appear : -(

Instead of a Ribbon Rainbown Swirl Alcremie I found in all these combos a Gigantamax Alcremie!

Screenshot 2022-05-07 054322.jpg

Edited by XD2491

Furthermore i can't evolve my Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowking with a Galarica Wreath: ,,It won't have any effect" : -/

It only works with a Galarica Cuff into Galarian Slowbro.

Edited by XD2491

• Veterans
13 hours ago, XD2491 said:

I need some help.

I can't mix my Milcery into a Ribbon Rainbown Swirl Alcremie.

I've tried to mix every single combo with all sweets and all mixers at morning, at evening and at night, but it didn't appear : -(

Instead of a Ribbon Rainbown Swirl Alcremie I found in all these combos a Gigantamax Alcremie!

Screenshot 2022-05-07 054322.jpg

Hi! I'm a little reluctant to release a formal patch to fix these, since they're not gamebreaking, a new version is underway and any update short of an e19 update is going to cause some disappointment.

There will still be awkwardness with shiny Alcremie for now. I gotta redo and update this code to fix it, I think.
But in the meantime, here's a PoA Ep0 minipatch.zip to fix this and some other bugs:

• Chansey can now Plate Evolve into Pixie Blissey.
  • Plate Breeding Deep Dive Dewpider with an Iron Plate fixed.
  • Plate Evolving Chingling to Wood Chimecho no longer requires a solar eclipse.
  • Galar Slowking evolution fixed.

Thx for help^^

The Galarica Wreath now finally works on my Galarian Slowpoke as an evolution stone.

That's fine. I can wait for my Ribbon Rainbown Swirl Alcremie. There's no hurry : -)

Edited by XD2491