Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Heliomega said:

I have a question, i want to change the alternate forms (for personal use) in the PBS file, but i can't find them. So i wanted to know how to do it (or if you can do it at all) ?

But other than that, this mod is amazing and i'm looking forward to Episode 1 

The alternate forms are in the scripts, you'd need to use RPG Maker XP or Gemini to edit those. More specifically, most of the alternate form data is in the PokemonMultipleForms scripts, with the TM exclusions being in PokemonItems, and some evolution methods being in PokemonEvolution, and any quirks with breeding being in PokemonDayCare.

You'd only need to edit PokemonMultipleForms to tweak stats, level-up and breeding moves, types and abilities.

10 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

The alternate forms are in the scripts, you'd need to use RPG Maker XP or Gemini to edit those. More specifically, most of the alternate form data is in the PokemonMultipleForms scripts, with the TM exclusions being in PokemonItems, and some evolution methods being in PokemonEvolution, and any quirks with breeding being in PokemonDayCare.

You'd only need to edit PokemonMultipleForms to tweak stats, level-up and breeding moves, types and abilities.

OK. Thanks for these informations

Hellooo, I'm needing some help, how i'm supposed to use the apple itens to evolve applin??? it doesn't give me an option to use, only to give, is there an especific level to evolve it while helding the apples???

• Veterans
47 minutes ago, Necrollo said:

Hellooo, I'm needing some help, how i'm supposed to use the apple itens to evolve applin??? it doesn't give me an option to use, only to give, is there an especific level to evolve it while helding the apples???

Hi! They should work just like evolution stones. Can I ask when you downloaded PoA? I think there was a bug like that a while back that I fixed. If you don't have the latest version, then updating may fix that for you. Otherwise, are you using any other mods with it?

5 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! They should work just like evolution stones. Can I ask when you downloaded PoA? I think there was a bug like that a while back that I fixed. If you don't have the latest version, then updating may fix that for you. Otherwise, are you using any other mods with it?

I downloaded it today, i'm gonna check if i missed something in the download page
I'm using Aironfaar's and SWM modpacks, and the Uranium Fakemons too

• Veterans
21 hours ago, Necrollo said:

I downloaded it today, i'm gonna check if i missed something in the download page
I'm using Aironfaar's and SWM modpacks, and the Uranium Fakemons too

I believe this may be an issue with the Uranium mod, I can't say when it will be fixed but I let the creator of it know there may be an issue.

I can confirm that it works fine in base PoA.

• Veterans

Hi! Update! PLA stuff!

Pokémon Legends: Arceus was a fantastic experience and I loved it so much I couldn't wait until Episode 1 to start implementing things from it.
So here's an update containing stuff from it!

New Forms

Spoiler

Hisuian Growlithe, Arcanine (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Stone Plate.
Hisuian Voltorb, Electrode (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Meadow Plate.
Hisuian Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion - Plate Breed or Evolve: Spooky Plate.
Hisuian Qwilfish (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Dread Plate.
Hisuian Sneasel (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Fist Plate.
Hisuian Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Dread Plate.
Hisuian Petilil, Lilligant (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Fist Plate.
Hisuian Zorua, Zoroark (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Spooky Plate.
Hisuian Rufflet, Braviary (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Mind Plate.
Hisuian Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Iron Plate.

Hisuian Bergmite, Avalugg (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Stone Plate.
Hisuian Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye - Plate Breed or Evolve: Fist Plate.

New Pokémon

Spoiler

Wydeer (placeholder backsprites) - Evo method: Knows Psyshield Bash.
Kleavor (placeholder backsprites) - Black Augurite location: Northern Undernet, Department Store 11F.
Ursaluna - Peat Block location: Neo Azurine Island, Department Store 11F.
Basculegion (placeholder backsprites) - Evo method: Knows Double-Edge.
Sneasler (placeholder backsprites)
Overqwil (placeholder backsprites) - Evo method: Knows Barb Barrage.
Enamorus (placeholder backsprites)

New Moves

Spoiler

Dire Claw, Psyshield Bash, Power Shift, Stone Axe, Springtide Storm,
Mystical Power, Raging Fury, Wave Crash, Chloroblast, Mountain Gale,
Victory Dance, Headlong Rush, Barb Barrage, Esper Wing, Bitter Malice,
Shelter, Triple Arrows, Infernal Parade, Ceaseless Edge,
Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm,
Lunar Blessing, Take Heart

New Items

Spoiler

Black Augurite, Peat Block

New Status Effects

Spoiler

Fixated, Power Shift, Drowsy, Frostbite, Obscure, Splinters, Primed

Optional Experimental Battle Mechanics Changes

Spoiler

Talk to the purple Alternate Forms NPC in the Grand Hall (now also available in the starter room) or Agate Circus to enable PLA Battle Mechanics.

Added:

New stat calculation formula - Effort Levels substituted in Effort Level Bonus as whichever is higher of IV/10+1 or EV/10.

New damage calculation formula.

Double weaknesses now increase damage by 2.5x instead of 4x.
Double resistances now reduced damage by 0.4x instead of 0.25x.

Non-volatile status effects now have durations of 4 turns.
Non-volatile status effects can now overwrite each other.
Burn now deals 1/12th HP damage per turn instead of 1/16th.

Poison (including Toxic) now deals 1/6th HP damage per turn instead of 1/8th.

Sleep effects become Drowsy.

Freeze effects become Frostbite.

I'll be updating with any fixes for bugs that may come up, as well as updating sprites when more backsprites and higher quality sprites become available.

Animations will remain placeholders until Episode 1, though, due to difficulties working with the animation editor this side of Reborn e19.
A new system for raising Effort Levels will be added in Episode 1 as well.

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 622.5 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1klnu9iqDXrUnQs_jBT8c3kK96t-iTmYH/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 162.5 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gkV3UY_u6kyAj9hPO-k9zbOaYRdtX8o7/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! Update! PLA stuff!

Pokémon Legends: Arceus was a fantastic experience and I loved it so much I couldn't wait until Episode 1 to start implementing things from it.
So here's an update containing stuff from it!

New Forms

Hide contents

Hisuian Growlithe, Arcanine (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Stone Plate.
Hisuian Voltorb, Electrode (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Meadow Plate.
Hisuian Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion - Plate Breed or Evolve: Spooky Plate.
Hisuian Qwilfish (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Dread Plate.
Hisuian Sneasel (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Fist Plate.
Hisuian Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Dread Plate.
Hisuian Petilil, Lilligant (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed: Fist Plate.
Hisuian Zorua, Zoroark (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Spooky Plate.
Hisuian Rufflet, Braviary (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Mind Plate.
Hisuian Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Iron Plate.

Hisuian Bergmite, Avalugg (placeholder backsprites) - Plate Breed or Evolve: Stone Plate.
Hisuian Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye - Plate Breed or Evolve: Fist Plate.

New Pokémon

Hide contents

Wydeer (placeholder backsprites) - Evo method: Knows Psyshield Bash.
Kleavor (placeholder backsprites) - Black Augurite location: Northern Undernet, Department Store 11F.
Ursaluna - Peat Block location: Neo Azurine Island, Department Store 11F.
Basculegion (placeholder backsprites) - Evo method: Knows Double-Edge.
Sneasler (placeholder backsprites)
Overqwil (placeholder backsprites) - Evo method: Knows Barb Barrage.
Enamorus (placeholder backsprites)

New Moves

Hide contents

Dire Claw, Psyshield Bash, Power Shift, Stone Axe, Springtide Storm,
Mystical Power, Raging Fury, Wave Crash, Chloroblast, Mountain Gale,
Victory Dance, Headlong Rush, Barb Barrage, Esper Wing, Bitter Malice,
Shelter, Triple Arrows, Infernal Parade, Ceaseless Edge,
Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm,
Lunar Blessing, Take Heart

New Items

Reveal hidden contents

Black Augurite, Peat Block

New Status Effects

Reveal hidden contents

Fixated, Power Shift, Drowsy, Frostbite, Obscure, Splinters, Primed

Optional Experimental Battle Mechanics Changes

Reveal hidden contents

Talk to the purple Alternate Forms NPC in the Grand Hall (now also available in the starter room) or Agate Circus to enable PLA Battle Mechanics.

Added:

New stat calculation formula - Effort Levels substituted in Effort Level Bonus as whichever is higher of IV/10+1 or EV/10.

New damage calculation formula.

Double weaknesses now increase damage by 2.5x instead of 4x.
Double resistances now reduced damage by 0.4x instead of 0.25x.

Non-volatile status effects now have durations of 4 turns.
Non-volatile status effects can now overwrite each other.
Burn now deals 1/12th HP damage per turn instead of 1/16th.

Poison (including Toxic) now deals 1/6th HP damage per turn instead of 1/8th.

Sleep effects become Drowsy.

Freeze effects become Frostbite.

I'll be updating with any fixes for bugs that may come up, as well as updating sprites when more backsprites and higher quality sprites become available.

Animations will remain placeholders until Episode 1, though, due to difficulties working with the animation editor this side of Reborn e19.
A new system for raising Effort Levels will be added in Episode 1 as well.

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 622.5 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1klnu9iqDXrUnQs_jBT8c3kK96t-iTmYH/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 162.5 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gkV3UY_u6kyAj9hPO-k9zbOaYRdtX8o7/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

Thanks for this awesome game, it's freaking good and challenging. But is there a way to open the debug menu, if it's added? Just curious.

• Veterans
1 hour ago, DarkLugiaX said:

Thanks for this awesome game, it's freaking good and challenging. But is there a way to open the debug menu, if it's added? Just curious.

Hi! Glad you're enjoying it! 

To enable and open debug, get the AMB - AddOpt.rb and AMB - AddOpt_DebugMenu.rb files from the first post and add them to a /Data/Mods/ folder in your game folder. You may need to add a /Mods/ folder if one doesn't already exist.

Then go to Options in-game and find the Debug Menu options to add Debug to the menu.

4 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! Glad you're enjoying it! 

To enable and open debug, get the AMB - AddOpt.rb and AMB - AddOpt_DebugMenu.rb files from the first post and add them to a /Data/Mods/ folder in your game folder. You may need to add a /Mods/ folder if one doesn't already exist.

Then go to Options in-game and find the Debug Menu options to add Debug to the menu.

Thanks.

And this new release you've added, that's excluding the Uranium Pokemon, but with Hisuian Pokemon instead, correct? Again, just to get all facts in check

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, DarkLugiaX said:

Thanks.

And this new release you've added, that's excluding the Uranium Pokemon, but with Hisuian Pokemon instead, correct? Again, just to get all facts in check

That's right, the Uranium Pokémon mod Radiation Reborn is made by Fervis and uses this mod as a base.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

That's right, the Uranium Pokémon mod Radiation Reborn is made by Fervis and uses this mod as a base.

Alright, cool. For some reason, I kinda hope you and whoever is on your team looks at Shin Art for inspiration for alt forms in the future.. But that's up to you guys, your work is amazing as it is, and that's for certain.

• Veterans
34 minutes ago, bruhtonium said:

what do you mean with (placeholder backsprites).

Are there no backsprites ?

There are a few backsprites, but mostly I've just flipped the frontsprites for backsprites.

I'll update with bugfixes and maybe some more features when a full set of sprites becomes available!

Hey Bluetowel. Ran into a little something when it comes to the Lilligant in Secluded Jungle. Not sure what caused it, but she seems to have moved back to her original spot where you normally would offer her the flower and is now blocking my way to get Grookey (Which I assumed required Rock Climb when I first tried it, totally possible that it was possible as soon as you beat Lilligant but I'm very tone deaf). Just a heads up I guess. I'm not too bothered at missing the Grookey for now, just something to note.

• Veterans
On 2/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, bruhtonium said:

Oh, that doesn't sound bad at all,

also thanks for making this mod, the altform for rillaboom is really wel made and a blast to use

Glad you're enjoying it :D

5 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

I'm curious if you've made any adaptations to the moves given the lack of insight of strong style vs agile style. All in all though amazing that you've added everything so fast!!

Some of the new moves are implemented in their Strong Style form! This is so that they are worth using when compared to similar moves. 

Chloroblast, Mountain Gale, Headlong Rush, Barb Barrage, Bitter Malice and Infernal Parade are implemented with Strong Style data.

I haven't added everything, though! This has been me getting my excitement out of my system a bit hehe.

I prefer the PLA battle system to the main series one, but I recognise that it hasn't had as much development and exploration as the main series formula and likely needs some refinement. It's tricky to decide how to implement more of it in future, so I'm super curious to how people experience the calculation changes and such here, and I have my eyes on Smogon to see how the battle simulations work out when applied for PvP. Hopefully PLA gets some DLC too!

For Episode 1 I'm definitely going to add a system for raising EVs and ELs, I've had one planned for a while and PLA has given it some canon focus! But I'm not sure when I'll implement Move Mastery and the new Turn Order, and if it'll be a battle mode or if all new battles will be in that mode with a toggle. That could be an Episode 2 thing.

I'm really excited! :D

4 hours ago, MrShadowWolf said:

Hey Bluetowel. Ran into a little something when it comes to the Lilligant in Secluded Jungle. Not sure what caused it, but she seems to have moved back to her original spot where you normally would offer her the flower and is now blocking my way to get Grookey (Which I assumed required Rock Climb when I first tried it, totally possible that it was possible as soon as you beat Lilligant but I'm very tone deaf). Just a heads up I guess. I'm not too bothered at missing the Grookey for now, just something to note.

I think the position reset when I tried to change it from looking like it dies after being defeated in battle. Thanks for the bug report, I'll make sure to get that fixed for the next update!

The Grookey puzzle is indeed a music puzzle, and with Rock Climb you can autocomplete the puzzle.