Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Black_Mist said:

Is there a way to make the scorbunny in the rock pokespot run slower or stop moving completely? It's a little hard to keep up with it.

There is not!

You can try to learn its movement pattern to see where it loops around to catch it, or you can try to chase it down on a bicycle!

Definitely turn off game turbo for this one, and Max Repels and maybe a high level pokemon with intimidate at the front of your party can help a lot to minimise wild Pokémon interrupting your pursuit.

• Upvote 1

• Veterans
40 minutes ago, tillbert said:

Hey, first off great work on the game. I'm absolutely loving all the new forms and areas so far.

I noticed there was some mention of a Bad Eevee and partner Eevee. How are these obtainable?

Hey! Glad you're enjoying it! :D

Bad Eevee is an antagonist and rival introduced in the mod. You can face him a few times, and all encounters are completely* optional, starting from the Sweet Kiss Candy Store in Obsidia Ward. Bad Eevee is not obtainable, but has relationship points that will be used in later versions.

Bad Eevee is a Partner Eevee form of Eevee, from the Let's Go games. He has candy-enhanced stats based on those games, represented by far higher base stats than normal. That form is not obtainable!

* Technically one isn't completely optional if you've done the previous steps as soon as they become available.

Partner Eevee, using the pre-candy enhanced base stats of Partner Eevee from the Let's Go games, is available through the Bad Eevee sidequests!

Eventually that sidequest will lead you back to Vanhanen Castle, where you must face many challenges before you can acquire a Partner Eevee of your own.

If you skipped the Bad Eevee sidequests, you can still talk to Plater Sula in Neo Malchous Forest to get access to this current final stage in the sidequest.

I've seen some ideas for new forms get bantied about here, and I had a terrible idea I simply had to share. Can't sprite for crap though, my apologies. Anyway, Flying Carvhanna/Sharpedo. With drizzle and hurricane. Sharknado memes ahoy.

• Like 1

• Veterans
19 hours ago, g6686642003 said:
Hello, how to deal with this situation, I am using joiplay.

Hi! Are you using the latest version of joiplay? If not, you should try updating it. Let me know if that fixes the error!

9 hours ago, Ezlo Farcarver said:

General question, where is the Totem in the Under Ruins? I've defeated the others. Been wandering around for a few hours looking.

Other then that, I'm enjoying the Gen 8 sweep.

Glad you're enjoying it! 

There is a puzzle in those ruins! I've been making it a little more intuitive with each update, are you using the latest version?

Either way, you can go back to Ser Verity (the armoured techknight lady person) back at the Digsite for tips whenever you get stuck on that puzzle.

9 hours ago, Xyrax said:

I've seen some ideas for new forms get bantied about here, and I had a terrible idea I simply had to share. Can't sprite for crap though, my apologies. Anyway, Flying Carvhanna/Sharpedo. With drizzle and hurricane. Sharknado memes ahoy.

It's a definite maybe! It would be nice to get more new Flying-types in!

• Veterans
23 hours ago, g6686642003 said:

Screenshot_2022-01-27-17-58-52-163_com.vmos.pro.jpg

I'm having trouble finding anything to help with this. It may be a (temporary?) issue with Joiplay.

Do you know if it's running the Game.exe or the Game-Z.exe? I don't think JoiPlay can run the Game-Z.exe yet, I don't know if it even tries to.

It could also be that JoiPlay needs to update and fix this issue, that has happened for people in the past.

I know other people have been playing PoA fine with JoiPlay, I can try asking them for ideas.

• Veterans
On 1/28/2022 at 1:59 PM, g6686642003 said:

Thank you.

Sorry for the long delay getting back to you about this!

That error may be caused by needing to install the fonts. You'd need a mobile file browser to access them in the game folder, FXFiles was recommended. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Sorry for the long delay getting back to you about this!

That error may be caused by needing to install the fonts. You'd need a mobile file browser to access them in the game folder, FXFiles was recommended. 

Can you teach me how to use it?

Screenshot_2022-02-02-18-34-53-832_com.vmos.pro.jpg

Hey, BlueTowel. Trying to get Reaper Duskull to prep for the future Reaper Dusknoir, but leveling it up with an Iron Plate held doesn't change it's form on evolution and neither does breeding a Duskull holding an Iron Plate. The other parent is a ditto, but it worked for the other pokemons that I tried it on. Not quite sure what's going on there. Another thing to note was that I noticed the Pixie Ponyta you can find in Vanhanen is pure Fire but is listed as Fire/Fairy in the wiki, not sure if it's an intended thing or something else.

• Veterans
On 2/2/2022 at 7:20 AM, SageOfEnlightenment said:

Hey, I don't know if you want bugs reported here, but I have a bandalore drowzee that not only won't evolve, but none of its offspring will either. I noticed a similar bug in a bug fix and didn't see this one, so I thought I'd let you know. Cheers and absolutely love the mod. Thank you.

Hi! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

So Bandalore Drowzee evolves by level up while holding an Oval Stone during the day! 

It was working fine for me before, but now I say it it does feel like slightly too much of an evolution method, so will take the day part out next patch.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, g6686642003 said:

Can you teach me how to use it?

Screenshot_2022-02-02-18-34-53-832_com.vmos.pro.jpg

If you using the magnifying glass / search icon at the top right you can try typing in "Pokemon Reborn" to find the folder, then inside of it you should find a Fonts folder. I think you just have to tap on the font icons to install them?

13 hours ago, MrShadowWolf said:

Hey, BlueTowel. Trying to get Reaper Duskull to prep for the future Reaper Dusknoir, but leveling it up with an Iron Plate held doesn't change it's form on evolution and neither does breeding a Duskull holding an Iron Plate. The other parent is a ditto, but it worked for the other pokemons that I tried it on. Not quite sure what's going on there. Another thing to note was that I noticed the Pixie Ponyta you can find in Vanhanen is pure Fire but is listed as Fire/Fairy in the wiki, not sure if it's an intended thing or something else.

Hi! This is another funky evolution method! It cannot be transformed using Plate Breeding, only Evolution. You have to take it to a place where Unown live, like the Grand Stairway, and it has to be night too!

The Pixie Ponyta should still be pure Fire, only becoming Fire/Fairy as Rapidash. In this case the wiki is in error.

Since you seemed to like my Sharpedonado, and I really can't sprite or mod, here's a couple more ideas I had. Fire/Dark Zubat line, get it, Zubat outta hell, Crobat's ears work as devil horns too. Also Rock/either Psychic or Ghost Crystal Ball Voltorb line. Other ideas possible to come

12 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! This is another funky evolution method! It cannot be transformed using Plate Breeding, only Evolution. You have to take it to a place where Unown live, like the Grand Stairway, and it has to be night too!

The Pixie Ponyta should still be pure Fire, only becoming Fire/Fairy as Rapidash. In this case the wiki is in error.

Ah. Alright, thank you for the heads up. How many of these special condition plate evolutions are there out of curiosity, I know the Vees are weather/terrain based for Vap/Jolt/Flare but anyone else?
Also glad for the clarification on the pixie Ponya, just a small thing I wanted to ask.

oh, thanks! I didn't see anything about it in the wiki. It makes me chuckle cus Drowsee is kinda oval shaped but hypno isn't lol. I tried the dojo area thinking the addition of the fighting might be related. Either way, thanks again for letting me know! I'll get on tomorrow during the day and evolve one of the like, 5 I have now from breeding trying to figure this out lol.

• Veterans
On 2/4/2022 at 4:31 AM, Xyrax said:

Since you seemed to like my Sharpedonado, and I really can't sprite or mod, here's a couple more ideas I had. Fire/Dark Zubat line, get it, Zubat outta hell, Crobat's ears work as devil horns too. Also Rock/either Psychic or Ghost Crystal Ball Voltorb line. Other ideas possible to come

Thanks! Those are some interesting ideas! I'll definitely note them down, but there's already a lot of forms to add for Ep1 so I can't say when you might see any of them!

On 2/4/2022 at 10:30 AM, MrShadowWolf said:

Ah. Alright, thank you for the heads up. How many of these special condition plate evolutions are there out of curiosity, I know the Vees are weather/terrain based for Vap/Jolt/Flare but anyone else?
Also glad for the clarification on the pixie Ponya, just a small thing I wanted to ask.

11 hours ago, SageOfEnlightenment said:

oh, thanks! I didn't see anything about it in the wiki. It makes me chuckle cus Drowsee is kinda oval shaped but hypno isn't lol. I tried the dojo area thinking the addition of the fighting might be related. Either way, thanks again for letting me know! I'll get on tomorrow during the day and evolve one of the like, 5 I have now from breeding trying to figure this out lol.

I made a wiki page listing them, I hope I remembered them all!

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Pokémon_with_Unusual_Evolution_Methods

6 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Thanks! Those are some interesting ideas! I'll definitely note them down, but there's already a lot of forms to add for Ep1 so I can't say when you might see any of them!

Honestly, I have no real expectation of them ever getting used, but since my abilities in the area of spriting or modding are lacking, I figured throwing my ideas to a creator whose work I've thoroughly enjoyed was the way to go

Ah, another question since I've zoomed through the game some more. I've gotten my hands on the Rhybombee but I'm curious if I can breed it? Or get another copy of it? As well as whether or not it's possible to get the other one that you didn't pick. Just to clear things up since I do wanna use it but the IVs are pretty dumpster right now and breeding it only gives Cutieflies.

• Veterans
On 2/5/2022 at 5:12 PM, Xyrax said:

Honestly, I have no real expectation of them ever getting used, but since my abilities in the area of spriting or modding are lacking, I figured throwing my ideas to a creator whose work I've thoroughly enjoyed was the way to go

It might take a while, a lot of the forms coming in Episode 1 are suggestions going as far back as a couple of years ago now. :'3

4 hours ago, MrShadowWolf said:

Ah, another question since I've zoomed through the game some more. I've gotten my hands on the Rhybombee but I'm curious if I can breed it? Or get another copy of it? As well as whether or not it's possible to get the other one that you didn't pick. Just to clear things up since I do wanna use it but the IVs are pretty dumpster right now and breeding it only gives Cutieflies.

I'm afraid it's not breedable, and the other version of it won't be available until Episode 1. Need to find out if there's more Terra and Glitch World!

3 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

I'm afraid it's not breedable, and the other version of it won't be available until Episode 1. Need to find out if there's more Terra and Glitch World!

Welp, that makes me very big sad. Time to suffer through fixing it's IVs, bit by bit via EVs with the mod that lets me do so at least. It'll take forever, but I'll make it usable. And good to know so that I don't fuss too much over the other variant. Thanks for all the hard work, BlueTowel.

I have a question, i want to change the alternate forms (for personal use) in the PBS file, but i can't find them. So i wanted to know how to do it (or if you can do it at all) ?

But other than that, this mod is amazing and i'm looking forward to Episode 1