Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not sure if this has been said or not, and not to rush you or anything, but do you have any idea on when the version for episode 19 might be out? Like maybe an eta or something similar?  

14 minutes ago, Jackcat said:

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not sure if this has been said or not, and not to rush you or anything, but do you have any idea on when the version for episode 19 might be out? Like maybe an eta or something similar?  

Saw somewhere they would release it in sept/oct this year mb. Out of respect for the original creators!

Hey, just one more question. However, does mega evolution work with Plates of Arceus? Are there new mega stones as well, or will I need to use Venusaurite to mega evolve Venusaur (spooky ) into Mega Venusaur (spooky)? 

Edited by Jackcat

• Veterans
6 hours ago, Jackcat said:

Hey, just one more question. However, does mega evolution work with Plates of Arceus? Are there new mega stones as well, or will I need to use Venusaurite to mega evolve Venusaur (spooky ) into Mega Venusaur (spooky)? 

Mega Stones are shared between forms, so you only need Venusaurite to Mega Evolve either normal Venusaur or Bangkai (Spooky) Venusaur into their respective Mega.

Hi,

What exactly can I do to get a alt. form wood Chingling/Chimecho?

Breeding with Meadow Plate (+ Pure Incense) doesn't work;

Evolving a normal Chingling with a Meadow Plate at night and also at day doesn't work... I'm a bit clueless : -/

Edited by XD2491

• Veterans
11 hours ago, XD2491 said:

Hi,

What exactly can I do to get a alt. form wood Chingling/Chimecho?

Breeding with Meadow Plate (+ Pure Incense) doesn't work;

Evolving a normal Chingling with a Meadow Plate at night and also at day doesn't work... I'm a bit clueless : -/

Whoops I accidentally made it still require an eclipse but in a different way.

Take this Scripts.rxdata and maybe now it should finally be normal Chingling + Happiness + Meadow Plate at Night?

I saw the Ep. 1 plans to add gigantamax forms as mega-stones. Does this mean that there will be no regular dynamax/gigantamax? Also, will max moves still be available to the mega stone gigantamax pokemon?

• Veterans
4 hours ago, Fflipp said:

I saw the Ep. 1 plans to add gigantamax forms as mega-stones. Does this mean that there will be no regular dynamax/gigantamax? Also, will max moves still be available to the mega stone gigantamax pokemon?

Hi! We're still working on the implementation of Gigantamax so what I say may change by release, but at the moment the plan is:
The Gigantamax Pokémon Forms to have stats and abilities that reflect the effects of Dynamax and their exclusive Max Moves.

Dynamax will be added at a later date, and Gigantamax Pokémon will gain their exclusive Max Moves at that time as well. 

If they feel too double-dipped, they'll be returned to a more canon implementation with the addition of Dynamax.

Speaking of plans, I'm currently making a forum club for Plates of Arceus! We need more threads to separate out news, discussion and bugs! 

I just need to quantify the development plan so I can do a dev blog with one of them fancy hash bars. Well, a bunch of them fancy hash bars.

There's some exciting announcements to come! 

• Like 3

Hi again,

and I found another: ,,whoops!" ^^'

I can't evolve a normal Duskull with an Iron Plate into a alt. form Dusclops (Reaper). Breeding also doesn't work, too.

Furthermore I found a lllloooonnngggg list of back sprite errors: 

- Musharna (normal form: shiny ♂/♀) back sprite

- Munna/Musharna (alt. form: normal) front and back sprite

- Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Slowbro/Slowking (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Abra (alt. form: shiny) back sprite

- Vulpix (alt. form floral: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Dunsparce (all 6 alt. forms: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Buneary/Lopunny (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Magmortar (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Yanmega (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Gliscor (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Purrloin (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Sawsbuck (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith (alt. form♂: shiny) back sprite

- Shellos east sea (blue) (alt. form: normal) back sprite

I mean this error: 

1346943414_Screenshot2022-05-28082535.jpg.7648dea77117dc09b0fb873c407bc000.jpg

p.s. I'm sorry to bother you with this again...(I know, it's annoying -,-).

Edited by XD2491
  • Thanks 1

• Veterans
11 hours ago, XD2491 said:

Hi again,

and I found another: ,,whoops!" ^^'

I can't evolve a normal Duskull with an Iron Plate into a alt. form Dusclops (Reaper). Breeding also doesn't work, too.

Furthermore I found a lllloooonnngggg list of back sprite errors: 

- Musharna (normal form: shiny ♂/♀) back sprite

- Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Slowbro/Slowking (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Abra (alt. form: shiny) back sprite

- Vulpix (alt. form floral: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Dunsparce (all 6 alt. forms: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Buneary/Lopunny (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Magmortar (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Yanmega (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Gliscor (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Purrloin (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Sawsbuck (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith (alt. form♂: shiny) back sprite

- Shellos east see (blue) (alt. form: normal) back sprite

I mean this error: 

1346943414_Screenshot2022-05-28082535.jpg.7648dea77117dc09b0fb873c407bc000.jpg

p.s. I'm sorry to bother you with this again...(I know, it's annoying -,-).

Duskull is actually a more complicated Plate Transformation because of it being a strong form accessible early. You gotta go under the Grand Stairway at night to Plate Evolve it! Where Unown can be found.

I gotta refine this stuff for Ep1! 

How would you guys feel about only being able to Plate Breed at Isolated Farm, and have to Plate Evolve until then?
Stronger forms would be locked behind Plate Breeding instead of funky Plate Evolving location requirements.

Damn, thanks for the list of sprite errors! I'll fix these and I guess update the main download with the other bug fixes over the weekend.

Still setting up the club! 

17 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Duskull is actually a more complicated Plate Transformation because of it being a strong form accessible early. You gotta go under the Grand Stairway at night to Plate Evolve it! Where Unown can be found.

How would you guys feel about only being able to Plate Breed at Isolated Farm, and have to Plate Evolve until then?
Stronger forms would be locked behind Plate Breeding instead of funky Plate Evolving location requirements.

Damn, thanks for the list of sprite errors! I'll fix these and I guess update the main download with the other bug fixes over the weekend.

Oh... so it's actually my ,,whoops!" with this alt. form Duskull.

(Shame on me) and thx for help ^^'

It could be, that I find more errors by collecting all alt. forms.

Im not done jet, but there aren't many left.

(Total: 67 alt. forms left)

6 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

So take my input with a grain of salt, because I haven't actually played PoA for e18. Your proposed solution does sound pretty good though! It would vastly simplify tutorializing how to obtain the altformes. Since information for PoA isn't going to be available in standard places like bulbapedia I think it's very important that it's all readily available in game. Having a one stop shop for plate breeding makes that a lot simpler. Location based evolutions are a neat concept, but from a design perspective if there are more than just a handful I think it would be necessary to incorporate some sort of "plate-dex" that the player could access to see what altformes are available and where/how they can be plate evolved.

Decided to abandon E19 for now and went back to this E18 with this mod. It's just so hard to downpatch from gen 8 to gen 7, both because gen 8 pokemon are quite diverse and competitively interesting, but also because gen 8 comes with such a massive overhaul to physical attacks especially (with big effects on the physical vs special metagame balance).

Sometimes I wish there was a quicker patch version with just Gen8 in the vanilla game, but I'm certainly happy to wait for this mod to be updated in full.

14 hours ago, Katabatic said:

Decided to abandon E19 for now and went back to this E18 with this mod. It's just so hard to downpatch from gen 8 to gen 7, both because gen 8 pokemon are quite diverse and competitively interesting, but also because gen 8 comes with such a massive overhaul to physical attacks especially (with big effects on the physical vs special metagame balance).

Sometimes I wish there was a quicker patch version with just Gen8 in the vanilla game, but I'm certainly happy to wait for this mod to be updated in full.

I'm not super familiar with gen VIII, but I am super curious. What changes/additions were made that affected physical attacks as a whole?

20 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

So, I'm finally done with my alt. form collection and I found 5 sprite errors more:

- Dusknoir (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Tirtouga/Carracosta (alt. form: shiny) back sprite

- Staryu/Starmie (alt. form: normal) back sprite

- Ferrothorn (alt. form: normal/shiny) back sprite

- Cryogonal (alt. form: normal) back sprite

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, Katabatic said:

I know the feeling, I'm pretty much in the same seat.

Awaiting first e19 update eagerly

• Veterans

Hello! 

I can now announce one of the things! 

There is now a club for Plates of Arceus! I will probably cross-post news to this thread still, but it has a dev blog and threads for different things! 

You can find it here: 

• Like 4

Hi,

thx for fixing of all these sprite errors and the shiny Alcremie problem, too : D

but two of these sprite errors you have already missed:

- Rhyperior (alt. form: normal) back sprite

That's all for now^^

Edited by XD2491

• Veterans
29 minutes ago, XD2491 said:

Hi,

thx for fixing of all these sprite errors and the shiny Alcremie problem, too : D

but two of these sprite errors you have already missed:

- Rhyperior (alt. form: normal) back sprite

That's all for now^^

Thanks! I think I'm going to leave these in e18 for now since they're not gamebreaking. They should be incidentally fixed in e19 from converting to the new sprite format! 

• Veterans

image.png.0c90d4ad78596ab5696b68f5ead0e664.png

Darkness there was at first, by darkness hidden;
Without distinctive marks, this all was water;
That which, becoming, by the void was covered;
That One by force of heat came into being;

Hi! It's time for the first PoA dev blog update post! 

In it I talk a little about updating the old areas and new altforms, as well as how the year has been going.

I gotta dash so um, here it is!

• Like 5

• Veterans

Hey, I feel it's necessary to make a statement about the use of content from this mod for other mods.

Permission has not been asked or given to use any content from this mod in e19 mods.

The use of Gen 8 content from this mod has been tolerated, but using it without appropriate credit is not acceptable. 

Some, maybe a lot, of the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra code was not taken from Essentials projects due to incompatibility with Reborn and was made by myself.

The Pokémon Legends: Arceus code in Plates of Arceus is 100% my own.

Many of the other resources involved such as graphics were collected by myself from various sources, may have been modified to work, and the original sources are credited.

If permission had been asked, it may have been given if the Reborn developers were okay with it. It is my personal belief that content mods should not release too closely to the main game's release, but due to the delay in updating PoA from circumstances out of my control I would be okay with it if the Reborn developers were also okay with it.

However, taking forms, concepts, systems, event content, etc. from Plates of Arceus without permission is not okay at all, and not crediting for that content is not acceptable.

If permission had been asked to use these things, it would likely NOT have been given.

This is still an active project.

When modding, explicit permission should be given for any fan content used.

Using content without permission while giving credit may or may not be acceptable. It is best to ask.

Proper credit should also be given, citing both where the content was taken from for the mod and originally where possible.

Credits should be on threads and in downloads - people do share mods outside of the forums, including reposting downloads.

• Like 1