The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

16 hours ago, Draconis said:

But was it "from foreshadowed"? If it happened in the past and was shown again, it wasn't foreshadowed, it was called back to.

He prefaces "four screens foretold four souls...", which taken literally implies that all four were in the future; I'm inclined to interpret as either a timeline error or straining accuracy for the sake of alliteration.  It would seem strange to count Corey as 'foretold' but not 'foreshadowed', and there's not a 5th screen to take his place as the referent of the first part.

1 hour ago, R.B said:

He prefaces "four screens foretold four souls...", which taken literally implies that all four were in the future; I'm inclined to interpret as either a timeline error or straining accuracy for the sake of alliteration.  It would seem strange to count Corey as 'foretold' but not 'foreshadowed', and there's not a 5th screen to take his place as the referent of the first part.

Maybe the prophecy was created at an earlier date and that's just the point where it's shown to us?

5 hours ago, R.B said:

I thought so, too. It's probably just poetic. 

... But then I thought (similar to Solandris): What if those screens have shown these four deaths for months now, or years, and the player was just a bit late to watch them? Then it would actually be foretelling again... :F

Edited by Vulnona

25 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

But then I thought (similar to Solandris): What if those screens have shown these four deaths for months now, or years, and the player was just a bit late to watch them? Then it would actually be foretelling again

That's what I've been thinking too. 

Between Corey's suicide and Gym Battle with Shade, there isn't too big of a time gap - 1 full day at an absolute maximum. 

There is a chance Shade had prepared those earlier, in case protagonist arrived sooner than anticipated. 

Also... There are five screens in Shade's gym. But the fifth one-, isn't the same as the other:

• We don't see it in the initial visit; you need an special item you can get far later 
  • The screen doesn't show the actual incident, nor something that happened not so long ago or in future
  • These are showing Elena and Elizabeth, "departuring" from thier husband and brother respectively (Corey, Sigmund). Thier death were confirmed far earlier, in the Beryl Cementery, if you look at the tombstones. But only later the causes of death are said: Elena was murdered by Sirius, and Elizabeth committed suicide, the cause bring mental illness. 

But I don't think the last one should really count, because it is an optional route, and Shade's dialogue is from the mainline plot. 

So we have 4 events, in which supposedly 2 of them end up in someone's death. So... we know what will happen

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if Lin died there, considering to what feat is she capable of. 

On 2/17/2022 at 8:39 AM, Oscarus said:

Also... There are five screens in Shade's gym. But the fifth one-, isn't the same as the other:

• We don't see it in the initial visit; you need an special item you can get far later 
  • The screen doesn't show the actual incident, nor something that happened not so long ago or in future
  • These are showing Elena and Elizabeth, "departuring" from thier husband and brother respectively (Corey, Sigmund). Thier death were confirmed far earlier, in the Beryl Cementery, if you look at the tombstones. But only later the causes of death are said: Elena was murdered by Sirius, and Elizabeth committed suicide, the cause bring mental illness. 

But I don't think the last one should really count, because it is an optional route, and Shade's dialogue is from the mainline plot. 

I'm pretty sure Elizabeth was already dead before the events of the story, so she doesn't count for sure. I'm guessing that Lin won't necessarily die, but she'll be banished to another dimension, sorta like Giratina. She did collapse when she got stabbed so maybe she was revived somehow?

5 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I'm pretty sure Elizabeth was already dead before the events of the story, so she doesn't count for sure.

That's what I meant: thier tombstones are on Beryl Cementery before arriving, and looking at them, they seem to be there for a long time. 

She did collapse when she got stabbed so maybe she was revived somehow?

This could be a mindgame on Lin's part. Acting that she's dead, having Titania and protag let thier guard down, and focus on a Gym Match, then observe them and analyze their battle style (especially protag; which is the only one who could be a match for her; as the two defacto strongest Trainers in Reborn - Ame and Solaris - were seemingly no match for her) 

I'm guessing that Lin won't necessarily die, but she'll be banished to another dimension, sorta like Giratina

...heh...

Actually, in one of the "Spoiler" parts here... 

Spoiler

I've written that scenario. In details 

Edited by Oscarus

9 hours ago, Mr.Badass said:

Must destroy fern and his descendants.

Does Fern even have any? 

Or, better question... will he ever have any? 

Considering he's Reborn's most hated - both by community AND lorewise - the chances of him getting a gf are as low as... i can't find a funny analogy........ 

Just zero, ok! Unless he goes the same way as Plankton and marries a living computer, he won't have any children, let alone descendants 

5 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Does Fern even have any? 

Considering he's Reborn's most hated - both by community AND lorewise - the chances of him getting a gf are as low as... i can't find a funny analogy........ 

Just zero, ok! Unless he goes the same way as Plankton and marries a living computer, he won't have any children, let alone descendants 

I believe he's alive in Rejuvenation. NOT!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Mr.Badass said:

I believe he's alive in Rejuvenation. NOT!!!!!!

In canon Rejuvenation: maybe~

In my Rejuvenation: sings

Spoiler

♪No chance!♪

♪No chance in Hell, you've got-!♪

♪No chance!♪

♪No chance!♪

♪No chance!♪

12 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Lower than my self esteem

16 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Does Fern even have any? 

Bowser getting peach and marrying her . That analogy can work .

9 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Wasn't that wedding staged tho?

...do you have any idea how many "weddings" and the similar happened? 

Because... I do not. Bowser was kidnapping Peach almost every time he had the opportunity to, even if more urgent things were going to happen or had already happened, like in Bowser's Inside Story. 

If Dark Fawful did not explode (or... implode?) in Bowser's stomach... 

59 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I'd still give it about 2 more months. Who knows what kind of bugs they'll discover and fix during the beta testing?

Balderdash I give it another two weeks  for the community release . At this point , the devs are working really hard to get this game release by spring or after spring . Although , I don’t know when this game is going to release but I’m pretty sure it isn’t far off.

3 hours ago, Mr.Badass said:

Balderdash I give it another two weeks  for the community release . At this point , the devs are working really hard to get this game release by spring or after spring . Although , I don’t know when this game is going to release but I’m pretty sure it isn’t far off.

Part 1 for the alpha took about 3 weeks, and there are 3 parts so it will take some time. There is beta testing after alpha which is exclusive to the patreon members which could also be split into multiple parts, then is the community testing(which I'd count as the official release for us as all of us here are community members), then the actual official release. 

I personally wouldn't imagine that the community testing/release will begin for at least 2 more months, probably longer. There is just over 3 months left until the end of Spring(or Autumn for the upside-down people like myself) for the community release to be dropped and still meet their original deadline.

Edited by Bananacake887
  • Upvote 2