[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Hirata will open fire on Black Imp A with her shotgun, dealing 3d6+Dex damage with a 50% chance to deal halved damage to two random targets instead.

Ichi will hit Black Imp A with an improvised weapon again, dealing it's damage, it will also overcharge and hit the Imp Vanguard if the Black Imp A isn't dead to try and end the fight quicker because of course.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evelyn

"I'd prefer keeping an eye on something that we don't know, instead of dismissing as if it is no problem" Evelyn replied, before turning around, "Nonetheless, you're likely right that I'm unable to do anything about this right now. Preferably whoever abandoned this place had theories on how to do so" she added, before beginning to walk off, heading South of the Growth Tank.

”Hmmm, planning -cgh- something, are we? Just don’t take too long—“ It was only when Deadlift began to shift into position that Yoko realized just what was going on, and she broke into gleeful laughter even as she hacked and coughed. ”I SUPPOSE YOU AREN’T hcghahaHAAA!” And she began to move immediately; heavily wounded and wracked wirh pain as she was, Yoko wasn’t someone to ever slow down. The Dragon monk sprinted in the direction of the handholds Deadlift had made while climbing, aiming to leap up, grab onto them, and avoid the consequences of the entire floor probably being exploded.

Robotics HW Assembly:

The Imp Vanguard unleashes a trailing laser across the battlefield dealing 10 damage to Jezzabella and 10 to Ichi, Jezzabella throws herself in front of Yvette and takes another 12.

Hirata finally convinces her shotgun to cooperate and deals 3 damage to the remaining Black Imp, it explodes with more force than it has any right to in a violent shower of gore.

The contracted Black Imp hovers around Shamhat not doing much.

Ichi Overcharges and smacks the Imp Vanguard twice, once for 6 and again for 8 damage.

Yvette boosts Jezzabella.

Jezzabella fires her weapon dealing 8 damage to the Vanguard who explodes, peeling back layers of twisting and writhing tentacles until all that remained was a grotesque flower-like mass of flesh.

[80] Something strange appears on the ground near the monster...a wolf head?  It appears to be a hood made from a truly massive wolf's head.

Spoiler

Predatory Instincts: A hood made from a truly massive wolf's head.

+5% crit chance.

Upon landing a critical hit the user gains +5 Init.

Everyone gains 1 Merit.

Primary Landing Bay:

Chelchis passes through a fairly short hallway with an intersection leading off to another large room on her way to the Rail Transit area, once she gets there though she's...well perhaps a bit disappointed.  The room consists of a simple catwalk with a bench, clearly fake plants, and a navigation board.  In front of her is an empty automated passenger train on a single rail, down below she can see a larger train obviously designed for heavy cargo waiting to receive a shipment that will never come.

Plankton Farms:

The room Evelyn finds to the south was perhaps strange to her.  Two rows of three large electric furnaces and boiler tanks each and a tangled knot of pipes that fills the ceiling.  On ground are a few more bits of corpse, left over meals from the Mutants by their looks, and at the back of the room a crate.

Personnel Quarters:

Str check: 49 vs 40,

Luck: 61,

Random Blitz: 15,

Deadlift pushes off the ceiling and impacts with the ground, the force creates a shockwave that tears apart the flooring and throws Yoko and Lakia back.

Several seconds pass as the dust settles and Deadlift stands in his crater, a sudden cracking sound is the only warning before the disc of material Deadlift is standing on breaks free and falls down.

Deadlift lands in water, he goes down maybe six or eight feet before he reaches a thick layer of mud to kick off of and swim back up.  Nothing reaches his face due to the Oz Kit, but the water is strangely slimy and there is a layer of foam on top.

The only light to speak of comes from the room above and the chamber Deadlift is in appears to be a large horizontal cylinder extending parallel to the hallway, there are platforms on either side Deadlift could move to.

What Lakia and Yoko see down the hole isn't pretty, and it's very....brown.

"And that is why we don't use complex solutions and magic powers for simple problems," Lakia brushes any lingering rubble off her clothes primly, "Unless you like swimming in sewers.  There's got to be a way out of here for people who haven't been spinning cheese wheels..."  Lakia looks for a door, or other way out of the poison and sewer gas-filled room.  One that actual people would use.

Morp follows Chelchis at a distance, but takes interest in the Temporary Storage room, rather than Rail Transit Entrance. Try to get into the room, whether by phasing through the wall, or just opening the door, and try to figure out what's inside.

”Ahahaha, ahahaha, ahaha, a-hxkghcgrgl. Nice. We really should get going though, hckgh, there’s no point to sticking around here, even with less gas. And I hate to admit it, but stayimg around here might in fact kill me. I’m not opposed to a little bit of mortal danger, but I would like at least for it to be in combat, not from standing around.”

"Hm.  Perhaps this way?"  Lakia approaches the (relatively) promising door she found labelled 'maintenance'.  She's not sure what they're maintaining, but it could be a way out.  Servants always have special ways to get around, after all.  She tries the knob, and if it's locked attempts to pick said lock.  She gets a 10% bonus to this from one of her passives.

After the Imp Vanguard fell Yvette smiled and Jezzabella moved over to make sure it was dead. Once she made sure it was dead Jezzabella brought the wolf head over to Yvette. "I Thank you ladies for your assistance in that fight." Yvette held the wolf head.  "This is rather grotesque but it seems to have some use. Did either of you ladies have a design on it? If not I will hold on to perhaps I might be able to make it more fashionable later." Yvette said with a smile "And did you wish to take a break or should we continue on and clear the area? If so I would suggest starting with the opened door over there."  Yvette finished pointing to the open door that they didn't come from.

"That was somewhat refreshing..." Shamhat rubbed her mended wounds, and then her head. She took a look at the wolf head. "Not my style. It doesn't look like it would make a fine hat either, so I'll pass."

She turned to the open door Yvette pointed at. "What I need now is more things to clear my mind with. I'm ready when you are."

Hirata was already busying herself with forming what appeared to be an odd looking harpoon gun from the raw materials present in the warehouse as the others spoke, looking up for just long enough to say, "Oh! Uhhhh can we wait a moment? I just realized that Ichi needs a way to recharge."

"Oh okay, let us know when you are ready to go then dear." Yvette said as she walked of the side of the area and sat down and begun to meditate to try and recall some of her other spells that might be of use. Unfortunately this was during the same time as Hirata was working on Ichi which made it so Yvette couldn't concentration and recall the incantations for the spell so instead she just  rested against the wall and waited until Hirata was done so they could move on.

Craft

Hirata will attempt to use kludging to convert some of the scrap metal and guns from the crates into a glorified combination air and railgun plugged directly into Ichi's energy cell that allows him to fire a high velocity harpoon gun directly into a robot, generator, and possibly living creature to allow him to extract electrical power from them and store it inside of the energy cell and the additional stomach acid batteries that is used to store the power needed to fire the shot in the first place, ideally allowing it to fire even when Ichi is in low power mode. As this is a modification Hirata is making to a cybernetic creature, she rolls twice and uses the better result, and has (8+6+7)+50%=31.5 intelligence for this craft, with an additional +10% added to the check @Muscle Machine

The +10% comes from Tinkā, Hirata has base 8 intelligence, Odi grants +2 Int, Howaitonaito grants +3 Int for robotic and cybernetics related crafts, Mashinshinajī grants +4 or GM Fiat to the numerical effects of robotic or electronic equipment, and Hirata's perk grants a +50% craft boost, rerolling and using the better result for robotic or cybernetic crafts, a lack of maluses for unfamiliarity with equipment, materials, or what she is making beyond what is normal for a knowledgeable individual in that field, and her flaw dicks her over by adding some flaw to anything she makes with a severity based on her quality and craft roll

Crafting: 47 vs 23, Quality: 77,

Power Transference Harpoon(PTH): A device capable of draining innate electrical charge from targets. Deals 1d8+[Dex] damage to one target, if it hits it drains a large, medium, or small electrical charge from the target, these charges reduce Ichi's chance of Overdraw by 30%, 20%, or 10% respectively. This effect is not applicable to all targets and the charge size varies on targets. May only be fired once per combat.

A few tense moments passed as Hirata cut deep inside of Ichi, carefully removing flesh and moving bones about it's person as she gingerly created a temporary solution to Ichi's lack of recharging capability with an awesome if admittedly inefficient harpoon gun based method of forcibly retrieving electrical power from a donor. She let out a slight sigh of satisfaction when the worst had finally passed, her howaitonaito's mechanical hands putting in some finishing touches on the device as she herself ran her hands down it's length and cheerily said, "All done! I'll still need to find Ichi an actual power source later but at least he can get a top up and brutally murder someone at the same time now~. Let's go!"

Personnel Quarters:

Deadlift pulls himself out of the water without much issue but finds the concrete difficult to make functional handholds in, there is however a simple ledge he can walk along.

Lakia discovers the door completely unlocked, upon opening it she finds two more doors immediately to the left and right and a hallway that leads forward about twenty feet before ending in a collapse.

The door to the left is full of assorted clearing supplies such as chemicals or a mop while the door to the right opens to a stairwell leading down.

Primary Landing Bay:

Morp heads through the door to find himself on a small section of catwalk overlooking a large mostly empty room full of conveyor belts, sorting systems, and shelves.  Automated robots sit at the walls waiting for cargo to be sent through the facility and an empty cargo tram idles on the far right end.

Roy sees a large field of energy being used as an airlock for ships entering and exiting the facility.  On the same side they came in from a bit closer to the field there is another door, through it Roy finds a sort of locker room.  A number of bulky suits are hanging in "pods" from the walls near an airlock bulkhead.  A plaque on the wall nearby lists in agonizing detail the procedures, conditions, and requirements of leaving the base on foot.

Plankton Farms:

Vratislav finds very much the same room.

Robotic HW Assembly:

The group follows a fairly plain hall with a walkway on one side and an in-ground rail line for heavy cargo on the other, the other end of the hallway(a set of open double doors) drops them out in a large production line room.  The entire line has been halted leaving locked robotic arms working on half-build metal skeletons.  There is another "normal" sized door opposite the large door the group enters from and the actual production line extends a fair distance left before turning and a somewhat shorter distance to the right before reaching a large closed door that compartmentalizes different portions of production.

Lakia uses her action Taste Test on each of the cleaning chemicals to determine their first alchemical property.  She loots the cleaning chemicals from the closet, and anything else that looks useful in there.

Evelyn

Upon entering the room, the first thing Evelyn took in was the bodies strewn about, mostly devoured. They seemed to be leftovers for those creatures from earlier, possibly the ones she had killed alongside Vratislav. But, that was irrelevant. The corpses could've also meant there were more in wait, watching them from the shadows.

The biggest mystery right now fr Evelyn was WHAT this room was, exactly.

"... What do you suppose this room is meant for?" Evelyn asked, scanning the furnaces, tanks, and pipes that went throughout the room.

Yoko, watching Deadlift not return and watching Lakia appear to have found a perfectly functional way out of the room, jogged along to follow her, only breaking into one or two agonizing coughing fits halfway through. "Oh... this poison would not appear to be a weak substance. -Cgh, cgh, hkcgh.- I bet the Tamori would have loved to experiment with this." She continued to jog to catch up with Lakia, and began to speak with her once she did. "A disguise is not going to help you very much. This entire place has been taken over by some strange machine, and everything within it has been twisted and destroyed. There are no longer normal servants of any kind within this facility, I believe, except for one or two crazed ones."

"Really?  That is disappointing,"  Lakia removes her disguise with a sigh, but keeps the mop and bucket.  You never know when you might need a bucket or a poking stick.  "Oh, well, there's more than one way to skin a skeever.  I suppose I'll have to fall back on Old Reliable and shoot people full of pointy sticks if they attack us.

"I must apologize, but I have not found any appropriate ingredients for a potion to treat poisonings yet.  In the mean-time, please let me know if you see any herbs, strange bottles, or other things that I might be able to grind up and mix in a solution.  You never know where something useful might hide.  Additionally, I would suggest minimizing exertion when you can.  The more rapidly your heart beats, the more swiftly the poison will spread.  I did not think to mention it earlier, because you were restricting yourself to walking, but if there are hostile individuals here, you must know this.  Restraining yourself will not usually cure you completely, but it will give you more time to receive treatment or for your body to fight off the poison.  In that vein, should we enter a fight again it is imperative that you not take any hits to your liver.  The liver is the organ that fights poison in humans, and though it is resilient it is likely already quite strained keeping you alive."