[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Hirata simply opts to almost unconsciously walk towards the normal looking door at the end of the hall, her attention being focused almost entirely on the various pieces of the robotic assembly line they had found themselves walking into as she mumbled something along the lines of, "Oh hey! I can't wait to see these things in action!."

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primary Landing Bay:

Chelchis finds that the board lists many of the same locations the Hirata listed off of the teleporter's computer.  Notably the Poison Gardens, Outdoor Training Area, and Teleportation Research are all omitted from the list, as well as Plankton Farms not being listed as abandoned. 

Otherwise this system seems to be a backup from a time before the teleporters existed.

Personnel Quarters:

[82] Deadlift heads deeper into the sewers, it only gets darker here on out and a few hundred feet in he can hardly see inches in front of his face.  The path hasn't changed direction and he can here the soft murmur of a small waterfall up ahead.

[92] At the bottom of the stairwell Lakia and Yoko find themselves at a door labeled "Sewer Access", several alcoves in the wall hold lights with large belt-mounted batteries, reflective vests, and breathing filters for the gas.

Plankton Farms:

Greg pauses confused for a second before answering Vratislav's question.

"They're boilers for purifying the water before it's used to grow more plankton in those massive tanks back there."

[59] Vratislav finds a partial box of [4] shotgun shells(assume these are converted with acid if you like), a small lump of reddish clay with wires and metal sticking out of it, and a can of MEAT.

Greg steps over upon seeing the "clay".

"Hey you found some RDX, kinda odd it's in here but useful none the less.  It's a plastic explosive, arm it and set the timer and it'll go off with enough force to cave in a fragile wall."

Robotic HW Assembly:

Hirata finds a room not unlike that of the generator room in the previous area they had all been in.  Several large machines all running to provide backup power to the area.

[83] She sees a single crate off to the side, on top of it there is a strange piece of slapped together improvised explosive along with some leftover supplies.

Spoiler

RDX250: A stable plastic explosive with a timer triggered detonator.

Cangun: A dangerous improvised explosive, deals 4d6+10 damage to one target and half that to the user, usable once only. 

Yvette followed after Hirata into the room seeing the girl messing with something "What did you find dear? Anything that would be of use to us?"  Yvette waited for Hirata to answer as she looked around the room.

"Extremely useful, I can repurpose these bombs to make Ichi's lame regular fists be able to go MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA! You know? But I guess if you want we could just be lame and use them to blow up a section of the wall or something. Although I don't know why you would want to do that when you can have a cyborg with explosive rapid fire punches instead."

Shamhat followed the other two into the room.

"... Go what? Anyway, that does sound way more resourceful than just blowing up one wall," Shamhat looked at Ichi with doubt. "You are putting this poor thing at risk of random backfiring, though. And us, too, to some extent."

"Then again, it's not like we can't find a new mutant for you to work with if this one does blow up. So, go ahead."

Meanwhile, she checked out the backup generators curiously, looking for labeled switches.

"MUDAMUDAMUDA....?" Yvette said pondering the words before continuing. "That sound useful like a monk with out all the preaching and the like." She said with a laugh "So I didn't get a chance to ask about these in the teleporter room but what are those machines and what do they do?" Yvette asked to both of the other girls.

"Use this mask," Lakia suggests to Yoko, indicating the breath masks. "It will not stop the poison you have already inhaled, but it should protect you from others.  I recognize the mechanism.  A bit.  It will definitely probably filter the air for you."  Lakia attempts to Delay the Poison affecting Yoko.

Hirata was (in)visibly beaming at Yvette and Shamhat after hearing their approval, and she excitedly pointed at Shamhat before coughing a little to try and get their attention, "I wouldn't mess with that too much if I were you, since those back up generators seem to be the only thing generating power for this section, and I don't think we want to find out what happens when we turn off the oxygen nyeh?," she then quickly turned to flail in Ichi's direction, attempting to draw attention to their arms, "And don't be such a kurēpuhangā Shammie, it'll be fineeee, it's not like I haven't done this before or anything!," she lied.

"... True. And I thought life support for a spaceship was already a nightmare," Shamhat mused, stepping away from the generators. "Also, I'm a what, again? I don't think we're speaking the same language anymore," she raised her hat a little and glared at Hirata.

"Oh so these machines are some sort of power source then?" Yvette paused a moment considering something "What kind of power does it produce and how much of it Dear?"  Yvette asked Hirata a slight glint of her planning something could be noticed in her eyes as she studied the machines.

On 10/21/2018 at 9:39 PM, IntSys said:

"... True. And I thought life support for a spaceship was already a nightmare," Shamhat mused, stepping away from the generators. "Also, I'm a what, again? I don't think we're speaking the same language anymore," she raised her hat a little and glared at Hirata.

"It just means that you worry too much Shammie!," she said with the awkward smile of someone who is already terrible at reading social cues from someone of her own species suddenly being expected to successfully read another species's and immediately default to awkwardness.

She then turned around slightly to face miss Yvette, awkwardly standing on tiptoes a little to get a better look at her eyes before she said, "Yeah! I'm not sure how yet, but they seem to be providing enough power to keep the lights and air running at least, maybe they're using a fusion power generator oe something?."

Evelyn

Overhearing Greg's explanation, Evelyn nodded silently. It made some sense, at the very least. Once Vratislav was finished exploring and suggested heading back, the Hunter nodded once again, "Yes. There's that side area in the previous room that may have something in it. Or is simple another hiding place for these Beasts" she stated, before turning around and heading back out into the Plankton Growing Facility, heading West of the Secondary Tank to the unknown area.

"Hmm..." Yvette considered something for a moment "Would it be possible to use some of the power the machines produce without it causing any of those problems you mentioned?" Yvette asked  "Also did you look inside of that crate or just grabbed the first thing you saw dear?" Yvette finished waiting for Hirata's response. 

"Maybe? I don't really know~, and either way I wouldn't recommend that you draw much more power from the generators than you did from Ichi's energy cell, since if it does shut down then we'd all die~." She let out a slightly nervous sounding laugh before she coughed and said, "Also no I haven't touched it, why?."

"Oh, I was just wondering if it might have something in it. So if its okay I will have Jezzabella check and see" Yvette said with a sigh "I was hoping that I could use these machines to open a bigger portal but if you are worried about thing I will differ to your judgement since you understand these things more then I do. So I will just open a small one then if that's okay." Yvette said with a smile as Jezzabella moved to the create to look inside of it giving Hirata a bit of a glare.

Jezzabella look's inside the crate to see whats in the box if its okay.

Yoko peered at the mask for a moment. "Ordinarily I'm not sure I would want to take this, but... in the circumstances, yes, I should probably use this device." Yoko pulled the mask over her face. Then, when Lakia either put her mask on, or made it clear she wasn't going to, Yoko began to move through the door. "I suppose we're likely to run into Deadlift again in here. I wonder if there's going to be anything else to fight, hmm..."

"Sure! Just make sure to not touch anything if you don't know what it's for alright? Also if you want, I could just try and find out how much electricity the generators are producing, in fact! I think I'll just...," Hirata then slowly searched the room for anything resembling a terminal or something of that sort that she could get an energy reading/instruction manual from.

Primary Landing Bay:

Roy steps outside in awe of his surroundings.  It seems to be evening or morning and everything is bathed in a reddish-magenta light, thick green-grey cloud cover allows only feint glimpses of a fiery sky above.

The land surrounding the facility is a rocky badlands with the occasional ravine, plateau, or large crystal formation.

[61] It's at the edge of one of these nearby ravines Roy figures is the best place to spread the seeds, it's got a bit of a valley, some solid soil compared to other areas, and a plateau not far away protects it from wind.

Chelchis presses the button requesting the Robotic Hardware Assembly area and the tram chimes to life, pneumatic door hissing open to make way.  Should she step inside the tram will likely only wait a few more moments before automatically detecting her and moving along.

Not even a second after Chelchis pushed the button did Morp float up behind her.

Personnel Quarters:

[8] Deadlift screams loudly and lets off a soft glow roughly equivalent to a cheap dollar store glowstick.  While he's not fumbling around in complete darkness anymore he still can't see far and has to stop to scream again every few minutes.

As he works his way closer to the sounds he eventually finds himself in some kind of intersection with a cistern sunk into the center, a massive stinking pool that all this water was flowing towards and getting flushed out of somehow.

Int check: 24 vs 22,

Lakia isn't familiar with this sort of poison, it's almost like Yoko inhaled flames without any heat and now well...her lungs are acting like they were boiled.  Given this insight she does come up with some things to at least mitigate the side effects. (Yoko gains advantage on her next save)

Lakia does a double-take on one of the strange devices, they're not entirely unlike some of the more complex or out-there lantern designs, and those bits of glass remind her of something mages might use that glows.  A magical lantern perhaps?

Not long after stepping into the darkness Lakia and Yoko start hearing Deadlift's screams from further down.  They can't exactly tell why he's screaming, only that he is.

Con save: 24 vs 30, 14 vs 18,

Yoko's breathing doesn't get too much worse, but her skin is starting to itch all over.

Deadlift also starts to itch.

Plankton Farms:

Vratislav and Evelyn find this other area to be merely another collapsed hallway, leaving only the other direction in the first intersection they found.

Continuing down that second hallway leads to another large, but this time "indoor", room.  An old sign that reads "_lan_ton En_ichm_ent a_ea" hangs near the entrance.

The room itself is populated by more pipes filling the ceiling area and no less than 16 rusting tanks connected to them, each being eight foot tall and as large around.

They hear the clattering of quick light footsteps as they enter along with the thud and ring of something soft impacting one of the empty tanks.  Nothing shows itself yet...

Robotic HW Assembly:

Jezzabella opens the crate only to find it empty, it seems whoever was here before was just using it as a work table.

Int check: 29 vs 40,

Luck: 78,

Hirata does manage to find a terminal, it is however far too corrupted for her to even begin to decipher.  The most information she gleans from it is an old announcement about modified high-powered nail guns being misused, aside from that it's a fancy wall decoration.