[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Personnel Quarters:

[41]

After a couple failed attempts Yoko manages to pull up on of the strangely semi-flexible tiles from the ground.

With it the hole is plugged.

Robotic HW Assembly:

[55]

Yvette notices nothing beyond what she would expect.

Plankton Farms:

Evelyn fires her gun dealing 5 damage and staggering the large Mutant.

Greg fires three rounds into the Mutant's chest, while the acid doesn't seem to do much he still deals a total of 12 damage.

The staggering Mutant starts to recover.

A throaty gargling roar can be heard, followed by the sound of bricks being knocked loose.  Another six armed Mutant pulls its way out from inside the large cracked tank.

Vratislav improves equipment beyond government standards, granting his minion a significant edge.

Rout1 claws at the much larger Mutant dealing 10 damage.

Init:

Spoiler

6 Evelyn

6 Greg

4 M3 Mutant(x2)

3 Vratislav

3 Rout1

Spoiler

Evelyn: 28/28,

Vratislav: 14/24,

-Rout1: 28/28,

-Greg: 24/24,

M1 Mutant: Dead,

M1 Mutant: Dead,

M3 Mutant: Badly Wounded,

M3 Mutant: Healthy,

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm Morp, purveyor of. . . all sorts of things! I've got a collection of stuff, and I'm trying to build it up to be one of the best museums in existence. But, I'm definitely willing to trade stuff, 'cause sometimes that means I'll get more stuff for the collection in the future!" Morp disappears for just a second, having just recently determined the location of the exploding gem, and reappears with the green copper entwined jewel.

"Here, take a look. I think it makes bodies explode, based on the magic, but I've never used it, so don't rely on that too much."

Spoiler
  • Vaal Detonate Dead: A Virtue Gem made by ancient Vaal Thaumaturges. Detonate a corpse dealing [Dex]+[Int]+[Corpes MHP] damage divided among all targets in the encounter. Requires 15 Dex and 7 Int to equip. Must be recharged with thirty souls after each use. Current souls: 30/30

After awhile, Shamhat stood up slowly, groaning from the concussion. "Make way," she said angrily, as she unleashed barrages of Gravity at the giant's corpse, slowly reducing it into a smudge of grounded meat.

Yoko shook her hands a bit — while it wasn’t particularly a big problem, she had skinned her knuckles during the blows she had dealt to the floor tile jarring it loose enough to actually pull out. Having bloodied hands wasn’t actually something that bothered Yoko much (it was after all a sign of violence done satisfyingly hard), but it did of course hurt. ”Well, I suppose that is that for now. Do you desire to find somewhere where we can in fact just punch through the obstacles in our path, or would you prefer to stay around here and try something else? We could also try to find something to deal with the gas elsewhere, as well.”

Evelyn

The arrival of the new Mutant was met with a single glance from the Hunter, who simply dashed forward, bring back her hand... Just before she shot it out, sending it right towards the Mutant's gut.

Evelyn uses Visceral Strike on the stunned M3 Mutant, dealing 3d6+ [12] damage.

Loadout

Spoiler

HP: 24

Moves:

Quicksilver Supply: 9

Stats: 21/21
Essence: 2
Constitution: 4
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence:1
Resistance:1
Strength: 1
Synergy: 6

Perks:

Grace of the Hunter: Evelyn works off of a history of remaining light on her feet, making sure no opponent an easily hit her. Speed and agility are a Hunter’s greatest ally, after all. Evelyn has a Dex*2 percent chance to dodge an opponent’s attack.

Quicksilver Supply: Normal bullets are not strong enough to harm Beasts. So, Hunters use Quicksilver Bullets, bullets fused with blood. As a Hunter, Evelyn comes with a large stock of them, though, her supply is limited…
Evelyn starts off with 12 Quicksilver Bullets, that can be used for certain actions. Quicksilver Bullets can be crafted in Evelyn’s spare time, and if she starts another plot with less than 12 bullets, she will automatically refresh her stock.

Blood Collection: Evelyn is tasked with collecting blood for her Queen, specifically, Blood Dregs. However, she has learned how to convert the blood from enemies she fights into the same healing supplies other Hunters struggle to collect…
Every time Evelyn attacks a target that can bleed, she gains one blood drop equal to the damage dealt. At a hundred blood drops, Evelyn gains a “Blood Vial”, a one use item that restores 50 HP.

Flaws

Blood Addiction: While Evelyn has not crossed into the Hunter’s Nightmare, due to another destroying it, she is as close as one could get before fully succumbing to blood lust. As such, she has grown an addiction to consuming blood, and due to her Vileblood nature, she can feel herself get weaker if it is withdrawled. For every encounter Evelyn does not consume blood, she loses 10% of her Max HP for the remainder of the plot.

Actions:

-Actives

Old Hunter Bone: A small bone belonging to one of the old hunters, allowing Evelyn to temporarily access the lost art of Quickening. Doubles dodge chance for one round in exchange for one bullet. Can be used once per turn as a free action.

Visceral Strike: While Hunters are known for their elegance and speed, they have a tendency to show brutal tactics, especially against unguarded opponents. Deals 3d6+Dex+Syn against one target. Can only be used against a stunned opponent. One round cooldown.

-Passives

Rally: Pain is superficial, wounds are temporary. Those are the beliefs a Hunter must live by if they are to survive the Night. Evelyn heals up to 25% of damage that she deals, but cannot exceed the damage taken last round.

Equipment

Chikage: A katana used by Cainhurst Knights, carrying intricate runes that can be activated, granting a power boost in exchange for slowly draining the user’s life force…
Deals 1d6+Dex damage. Can spend health equal to 10% of MHP to deal an extra 1d6+Syn

Evelyn: A pistol belonging to the Cainhurst Knights, using Quicksilver Bullets like most other Hunter weapons, but relying more on bloodtinge.
Deal 1d6+[Syn/2] damage. Against human sized enemies, the opponent is stunned for 1 action. Uses 1 Quicksilver Bullet.

Yvette had a small blush on her face when Hirata's.....companion spoke up luckily between the girl asking a question and Shamhat blasting the corpse gave her enough time to compose herself again. "There is nothing but stones and scrap in the giant's bag Mistress," Jezzabella said as she returned from her searching or maybe just getting out of the other mages temper tantrum. she shot a glare at Hirata as she got closer having also heard her companion's words. "Miss its already dead. Jezzabell made sure of that. Best not waste your strength by destroying a corpse." Yvette said to Shamhat before turning to Hirata "I'm not sure about the Miss but nether Jezzabella nor I have any knowledge on how to use one of those guns has you call them." Yvette said with a smile.

Plankton Farms:

Evelyn's attack deals 23 damage as it tears through the Mutant's abdomen.  It falls to the ground dead.

Greg puts three rounds into the other Mutant dealing 14 damage.

The new Mutant staggers forward before swinging at Evelyn and Greg with mad fury.  [28] Evelyn takes 20 damage while Greg takes 15.

Vratislav buff's Evelyn.

Rout1 scratches at the Mutant for 9 damage.

Init:

Spoiler

6 Evelyn

6 Greg

4 M3 Mutant

3 Vratislav

3 Rout1

Spoiler

Evelyn: 8/28,

Vratislav: 14/24,

-Rout1: 28/28,

-Greg: 9/24,

M3 Mutant: Dead,

M3 Mutant: Badly Wounded,

Personnel Quarters:

[97]

Deadlift has about 9 minutes of air before he starts taking suffocation damage.

He charges the door and with a loud crash knocks it the rest of the way free, it tumbles to the ground and he starts making his way into the large hallway.  As he does he nearly trips over something that had been pile right up against the door, bodies.  Covered in blisters and having obviously been coughing up blood.

Now that he can see better than through an inch tall window he notices quite a few bodies littered around, at doorway in and out of the hall, and piled at either end.

Con saves: 19 vs 28, 15 vs 15,

As Deadlift walks into an area with a higher concentration of gas everything starts to hurt.  His eyes and nose already sting and burn beyond belief and small blisters are forming on his arms.

A rush of air hits Yoko and Deadlift kicks the door down, the sensation of stinging/burning immediately sets in as the poison gas washes over her, though she manages to hold out for now.

"Well Iii can always...teach you how to fire one! They're sort of like a bow and arrow, except they're longer than they are wide, and you don't fire arrows, you fire bullets like from a sling, and you don't need to pull anything heavier than a trigger like in a crossbow, and you don't have to take out another bullet after each shot...but other than that it's exactly the same....although I'm uhh," Hirata's poking two of her fingers together by this point before she continued with, "Nnnot very good with them."

"That would be lovely dear." Yvette pursed her lips and moved a finger up to her mouth in thought. "Though I'm rather useless when it comes to using a weapon. So I might need some private lessons later but how about you give Jezzabella a quick one right now. So we don't fall too far behind the Miss." Yvette said playing with her hair a bit and smiled cutely. Jezzabella looked a lot less happy. "Mistress is it really the time to be doing that." she said dismissively. "Oh, now don't be a meany and let the dear teach you. Besides you kind of owe her at least this for all those mean looks you have been giving her." Yvette said as she pushed Jezzabella over near Hirata "Now feel free to do whatever you need in order to show Jezzabella, my dear." Yvette said giving Hirata a wink. As she moved to the side giving the tow some room. Jezzabella didn't look happy "Just make it quick little one." she said accepting the situation

Hirata nodded a little as she said, "Of course! I'd be happy to teach you later! And don't worry, this won't take too long~," just before she asked Ichi to hand her the LMG, which caused her to fall forward ever so slightly with it's sheer weight when it proceeded to unceremoniously dump said weapon in her hands causing her to let out a little oof sound. She then quickly turned the safety on when she gingerly handed the gun stock first to Jezzabella and asked, "Have you ever held a crossbow before? Or fired one that is?" before she waited for the maid to pick the weapon up with shaking hands.

"I'll look forward to it dear," Yvette said as Jezzabella roughly grabbed the gun with one hand. "What do you...." Jezzabella started to growl at Hirata until Yvette shot her a look.  Jezzebella closed her eyes and sighed "I have used a crossbow before I find them rather slow and unsatisfying to use. I assume that the bullets come out of this end?" She said calmly as she held the gun from the top and pointed the barrel at Hirata.

Hirata let out a slight meep sound as she gently nudged the barrel away from her face, "Yes but umm...you sshouldn't point the barrel at anything you wouldn't be fine with accidentally shooting, especially since one of these things could shoot around 500 times per mmmminute and in fact I should pppprobably." She slowly sidled to the side to move behind Jezzabella, brushing up a little against her tail and behind before she curiously stroked her tail and held the maid's hands to gently drag one of them down the gun's length to come to rest at the trigger and stock to hold the gun properly. She then moved her other hand back up to grasp Jezzabella's to guide it into keeping a firm grip on the magazine and pointing the barrel down by the magazine to point directly at one of the dead guards.

"Ttthere! That's how you're supposed to hold a gun, and I think it's supposed to rest on your shoulder like thi-," she gently nudged the stock to rest on Jezzabella's shoulder properly, her head leaning in slightly to rest on the same shoulder to get a better look and definitely not to smell their..lavenderish hair some more, "s, or it might dislocate your shoulder or get bucked off of your hands when you fire it...uuunless you remember to pull the trigger like this," she gently squeezed Jezzabella's trigger finger for a few seconds at a time before she said, "Since otherwise this gun will just keep firing until you let go of the trigger, and you'll run out of bullets too quickly and I'm not sure if we can get any more yet... and I still have to teach you how to reload and everything...and how to disengage the safety, yyou know what a safety is right? Like on a crossbow, but it's just a switch you pull up and down.." 

Jezzabella inhaled quickly as Hirata brushed against her bottom and tail before she moved her tail to slap at Hirata's hand. Jezzabella resisted Hirata moving her hand a bit before sighing and letting the girl guide her hands along the length of the shaft and when Hirata leaned into to show her how to brace the gun Jezzabella fidgeted a bit until she sighed and moved her tail to wrap around Hirata's waist so it wasn't in between the two of them. "The only safety we have for crossbows is not having a bolt in them until you are ready to shot it." She said to the Girl starting to sound a bit impatient. 

Hirata let out a slight 'ah' sound before she leaned in a little more to say, "Weeell where I come from crossbows have a safety that you can disengage like so~," she gently moved the hand holding the magazine to flick the safety off before she attempted to wriggle away a little and say, "So that you won't have to load the crossbow again when you need to shoot something!, and you need to use a safety if you want to handle a gun...safely Jezzabella, because a seemingly unloaded gun might still have a bullet in the chamber after all, just waiting to be fired like so~," she then exhaled a little as she pulled on Jezzabella's trigger finger once more to let out a short burst at the Guard's unfortunately extra desecrated corpse.

Unfortunately for Hirata, she would find it rather hard to get away with Jezzabella's tail wrapped around her. Though probably to her surprise the demon didn't seem to have much problem handling the recoil from firing the gun. As the gun fired Hirata would see a devilish grin appear on her face and would feel her tail become more animated as it started to snake its way under her shirt. From the back, Yvette clapped "Oh, that's wonderful but dear Jezzabella you seem to be getting a bit overly excited." She said giggling a bit. Jezzabella's tail stiffed a bit before she pulled it away from Hirata. Hirata would see a very noticeable blush on Jezzabella's face. 

Hirata let out a slight squeak of surprise as she felt something snake under her shirt as Jezzabella held her in place and bucked against her a little with every shot, causing her to awkwardly stand there and freeze up a little, not quite sure on what to do next as she moved one of her hands down to try and get a hold on the tail and find out if it was actually doing what she thought it was. She let out a slight sigh of relief when Yvette interjected, and she stroked Jezzabella's tail a little as she took the most embarrassing steps back she has ever took in her life and said, "Bbbbut yyyeah ttthat's you ffire a gun, and umm...lllet's not do tthat kind of thing wwwhen evveryone's watching..." as she blushed profusely underneath her mask and unknowingly continued to grasp Jezzabella's tail.

Jezzabella was noticeably squirming as Hirata held and stroked her tail "YYYeah nnow  l..et go please." Jezzabella said to the girl giving her a bit of a glare as she tried to hold something back. Yvette walked up leaned down (giving Hirata a nice view) and gently grabbed Hirata's hands moving them off of Jezzabella's tail. "Don't worry dear Jezzabella gets a little excited at times it shouldn't happen again." She said looking Hirata's face smiling holding the girl's hands. "Now we best be moving along so the Miss doesn't get too far yes. Jezzabella give them their gun back and let's move on." Yvette said as she stood up and patted Hirata on her head "I can't wait until we have our session." She said as she turned and walked away letting her hand linger on the girl's arm for a moment before walking away. 

Jezzabella moved to Hirata and held the gun out to her."Thank you and that didn't mean anything I just got excited like the Mistress said." She said looking embarrassed as she waited for the girl to take the gun.

Jezzabella learned the Trick Meticulous Guns Blasting: The user knows how to use a gun, but they are too cautious, ensuring that the gun is clean and isn't jammed before firing it. Guns deal 1d10 more damage, but can only be fired every other turn.

Hirata blushed a little and turned slightly to look away from Yvette's slightly exposed...and she moved her hands to gently hold Yvette's instead as she looked away from Jezzabella's face and stammered out, "Ssssorry." just to gently hold Yvette's, and she closed her eyes a little and let out an odd little sound as Yvette pet her, "Pplease dddon't ppet me, I'm not a little girl..." she said with the voice of a very young boy and the stature of an admittedly not little girl, "Bbbut yes if we find another gun I'd be happy to teach you how to fire one!." 

Hirata shook her head a little as Jezzabella moved to hand her the gun, "And nno yyyou should keeep it, I can't really use it myself after all, sssince it's a bit....heavy, and if you ffeelbadabouttakingsomethingfrommeforfreeyoucanalwaysjust...," she then froze up a little, and turned around to run in the other direction with Ichi in tow to try and escape from this embarrassing situation.

Jezzabella's face twisted in confusion as the girl ran away. Giving a tsk with her tongue she held the gun by the top and carried as she caught up with Yvette. "Enjoying yourself a bit Dear Jezzabella?" Yvette asked her as she rested a hand on her lower back "Almost as much as you are Mistress...Though you shouldn't tease so many of the group it might cause problems. You might break that little one if you're not careful. I may not like her but she will have her uses."  Jezzabella said  she walked next to her Mistress tracing her tail up one of Yvette's thighs "Oh, I will be careful just like you need to be." Yvette said as she and Jezzabella walked into the next room after the others.

Yoko squinted past Deadlift at the pile of bodies up against the doors. Well that led to a fairly clear conclusion — the entire personnel quarters had been poisoned to death, and the people here had been trying to escape in their agonized final moments. Gruesome, Yoko mentally remarked... but without attaching too much gravity to it. Such things simply happened, gruesome death was a fact of life. Of course, the current problem was, as the stinging lighting up across her body reminded her, avoiding that gruesome death herself. Yoko wasn’t sure how to actually stop the gas, but perhaps the dead could give her a hint — after all, they’d have been crowding to where they’d think they could escape, yes?

But she would also have to get to and from those. The “from” part she wasn’t sure about, but for the “to” part... Yoko’s eyes slid over to Deadlift, and her expression grew pensive. For a moment, she looked at him, then after backing away from the gas a bit she spoke, grinning: ”Hey Deadlift... what if you threw me at the doors?”

Roy looks over the gem, and studies its power.

Spoiler

Int check: 22 vs 30, Luck: 19,
It was created through advanced dark magic, likely at the cost of dozens or hundreds of lives, though judging by how it functions loss of life didn't seem to be a concern for the creator. It
works by gathering souls and then doing...something to them to convert them into "Nightmare" energy which it channels into an effect. What Nightmare is, how it work, where it comes from, or how to manipulate it Roy has no clue. Roy also learns what the stats are.

"Quite the nasty piece of work, I would like to study it more, but at the moment i don't have much to offer in return."

Roy turns back to the four armed alien.
"Well, I could do a pulse but...waitttt...I think I MIGHT have just what we need."

He kneels down and opens his briefcase, removing a vial of liquid. 

Spoiler

I invoke my brief case and attempt to pull one “Bio Metal Code vial” A vial of chemicals containing DNA for the production of a special biological metal, and the compounds needed to kickstart the production. The main flaw of substance being a high energy and mass requirement to produce.

[93] Roy pulls out just what he was looking for.

"Perfect, Just what we need"

Muttering over a chunk of biomass, the flesh begins to twist and reshape itself, as the magic takes hold. Roy pours a portion of the liquid out. Under his guidance the flesh begins to absorb it, as it grows bone around its outer edges. Chemicals and exotic DNA being worked into the forming disc.

Spoiler

Alright first Roy Takes a chunk of biomass, and uses the Code Vial, and mutate to create a “Basic Bio Metal growing platform” He will worry about connecting it to a control system later. For now it simply consumes biomass, and uses the mass and energy gained to grow wires of Bio Metal Then he feeds it biomass until he has a few good wires.

Crafting: 17 vs 17, Quality: 52, Roy ends up with one "Bundle of Biometal wire", And "Growing Platform" it consumes about half his biomass

"A Bio Metal, A little intensive to produce, but a useful substance none the less."

Spoiler

Now, with a portion of the remaining biomass And a portion of the bundle, I’ll create one “BioElectric Pulse Gun” It’s an organic gun with bone and ivory casing. Useing the same system as the PBAs for creating electricity (though amped up) and a set of Bio metal wires and nerves. It is able to produce a directed electromagnetic pulse, to shut down or weaken machines without sufficient protection However it has to charge up after each use.

Crafting: 33 vs 19, Quality: 39, Roy creates:

BioElectric Pulse Gun: Deals 2d6+[Int] Electric damage, robots and machines must make a Con save to become Stunned or on a failed save be Stunned and lost access to a random action for the rest of combat.

Another chunk of biomass later, and a portion of the wires have been put into some...white and black gun. Bone and shiny ivory giving it a pleasant, fancy, appearance. It could almost be mistaken for a normal gun, that had been customized with a high quality caseing. Though the perceptive eye would see the nerves and flesh peaking out at the trigger. And there was nothing even bothering to hide the gauge on its back, denoting its charge.

Rather than any traditional barrel, it was more like a rectangle all the way down, but for the grip and trigger.

"This should work. Once I pull the trigger it will send a pulse in that direction. Should at least mess with the systems, or with any luck, shut it down entirely."