[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Evelyn

"I see" Evelyn replied with a nod. For the most part, she had listened to Vratislav's explanation without her expression changing at all, barely even twitching at his joke, "This place truly is far beyond my own world, technology. Automated gardens and... These machines" she stated, glancing at the machines all around them, "If this place wasn't likely crawling with Beasts, I'd have liked to relax here" she added, closing her eyes with a sigh, before reopening them to look at Roy, who had just entered the room.

At Roy's question, Evelyn merely shrugged, "I am unfamiliar with these machines. I wouldn't be able to say."

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vratislav rolls his eyes at Roy's initial comment.

"It would do well to remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer... as for the machines I do not know their purpose."

Vratislav pauses for a moment before turning to Evelyn.

"Perhaps after this it would do you good to relax at my estate. Being overstressed will turn even your own body against you after all."

Yoko looked at Chelchis again, after flashing a smile at Deadlift.

"I will admit that it does sound like there are similarities, at least from what you have told me. But Deadlift has the right of it -- power is only useful in my eyes in how it allows me to commit more violence. Superiority over others is not particularly what I seek, nor to escape the bounds of reality... I simply intend to reach the fullest extent of instinct and awareness as to what lies within it, through casting off the restraints and obligations and the holding back that keeps humankind in the dark, keeps them sacrificing themselves for masters that don't care about them but for their ability to sacrifice them and use them, wasting their potential.

Nonetheless, I do not really care about what kinds of logic and empires exist on your world, and perhaps you do not care that I do not care. In that case, perhaps we are irreconcilable, and I invite you to attempt to kill me once more when you believe you have the capacity to do so. But for now... perhaps we ought to move on, hmm? There is more of this place to deal with."

Chelchis let out another one of those heavily-filtered growls - or perhaps it was the closest thing to a sigh that what passed for the alien's respiratory system would make. "NOT ALL WHO SERVE THE DARKNESS DO SO KNOWINGLY." She tilted her head toward Deadlift. "YOU ARE RIGHT, HUMAN. SWORD LOGIC BULLSHIT, AS YOU SAY. BUT IDEA DOES NOT HAVE TO BE TRUE TO LEAD TO DESTRUCTION." Chelchis thought that being informed that she could well be serving an entity of incomprehensible malice and falling under its control eventually might've served to sway her, but. . . "SHOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED MORE FROM HUMANS." And with that, the alien stalked off, taking what looked like a pistol from her bandolier as she did, heading toward the room Hirata had called from.

After Yvette finished looking around and let Hirata and Shamhat finish there talk she addressed Hirata "Sir Roy gave me this computer its similar to the one he has." Yvette pointed to her arm where the PBA was."I would be happy to have you show me more stuff about it when we have a chance. " Yvette smiled looked at Hirata's mutant and then back to the girl "But if you don't mind me asking your umm...." Yvette paused for a moment to find the right word "Creature where did you get it from?" she asked the girl.

Hirata was still tinkering with one of her miniature wayspiders when Morp floated in, and she hummed a little before she said, "Oh hey Morp! I'm just working on a small transmitter robot before I send it to the military software sector with this teleporter we found, since I wanted to learn more about it's layout before I head there... and also since Shamhat wanted me to test it first before we use it on ourselves just in case the AI messed with it when it took over the facility." as Hirata finished saying this a muffled voice declared something along the lines of, "IT'S WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE," before she squeezed the bodypillow a little and turned slightly to face Yvette.

She stared long and hard at the PBA for a moment before she said, "Oh hey! A biocomputer, I haven't seen one of those in ages, did he tell you how it works? In my world they just had DNA computers and some weirdos who thought that using actual brains for computing was a good idea. Oh and I got Ichi from around here, why'd you ask?"

"Yeah, he showed me how to turn it on and go through I think he called them the menus." Yvette said as she turned on the PBA(its still on the default settings) and showed Hirata the menus."I was going to experiment some more with it once I had some time to. And I asked because I casted a spell to see if any outsiders other then our group was around, since they are prone to using teleportation, and well it has only a piece of something outside of this world on it and I was wondering if I could have a look at what that was it?" Yvette said her eyes showing a bit of curiosity 

"Oh! Did you mean the energy cell I'm powering it with? I got that from Morp before you got here, and umm...I don't think that you can take a look at it right now.... bbbecause it'ssortofdeepinthereandgettingitoutisprettyhardso umm... sorry." She said before she looked down to solder something into place.

"Well then is there anything that it's doing you can't explain or is unusual? If so it's probably related to that energy cell thing you talked about and if so would it be okay for me to look at that dear?" Yvette asked smiling at the young girl. "If it meets certain requirements I might be able to show how I can make demon to come here."

"Wwell sometimes it lets out red sparks but I'm not really sure what those sparks are, also ummm you should feel free to try bbbut, the demon won't be anything like Jezzabella rrright? Bbbecause.. I...I don't have a spare set of clothing," she turned away again with a slight squee sound after saying that to try and hide the blush that no one would have noticed anyway, and she hurriedly made the motions to send her wayspider over to the military software room, causing a loud bang to be heard as the lights dimmed a little.

"Well, there isn't any other ones like Jezzabella but I can't promise anything about them having clothes or if they will need any," Yvette said as she moved over to Ichi and inspects the red sparks to see if they or would make a decent catalyst for a portal by casting various minor detection spells and whatnot.

Yvette inspects Ichi and the red sparks to see if they would suitable for a catalyst by casting various minor detection spells and whatnot.

Hirata turned slightly to stare at Yvette in a hopefully not creepy way as she waited for her Wayspider to send a message back to confirm that it's constituent atoms weren't violently disassembled and spread throughout the galaxy in a butterfly shape, and she craned her head a little to the left before she curiously asked, "So what are you trying to d-aaaah," she let out a slight cry of surprise and jumped back a little as a pop up message quickly popped into view in her AR goggles, and she let out a slight sigh of relief as she realized that it was just her wayspider checking in, "Umm sorry about that, it was just the wayspider checking in, it apparently made it without any problems but I'm getting some slight interference from...something, but anyway! What are you trying to do with it?"

Spoiler

19] The sparks can act as a weak catalyst, though the portal will need extra power to operate.

"Well, I was seeing if it could work as a catalyst for one of my portals," Yvette said with a sigh as she finished her inspection "It is usable though it's rather weak for one. It will take a bit more extra power than usual for it to key into the plane it's from....." she started explaining only to realize that Hirata probably didn't understand this like her with computers "To explain a catalyst is basically a key I use to well key the portals into a certain plane and in order to open the portal I need a power source strong enough to let it connect to the plane and sustain the portal." 

"Wwwell, how much power do you need? Because if you want you could use some of Ichi's, I could always recharge him later, and wait! What kind of power do you even need? Because Ichi runs off of electricity right now."

"Electricity is fine. I can basically use any kind of power source, back home I use water wheels or windmills sometimes.  If its okay with you then I will use his power as a source."  Yvette said as she waved Jezzabella over. Jezzabella Walked over and handed Yvette a piece of chalk for her apron. Yvette quickly got work drawing runes in a language that most likely no one else other then Yvette and Jezzabella would know. After a few minutes or so there are two circles drawn in chalk on the floor one around Ichi that looked a bit more complex and one empty connected by a line and then each connected again at another point making a triangle.  Once she was done drawing she handed the chalk back to Jezzabella who handed Yvette a small knife from her apron. Yvette then moved over to the empty circle and said something in a language that most would not know and then pricked one of her fingers with the knife and let a few drops of her blood fall into the empty circle. Eventually, a portal opened from her ritual.

Spoiler

Yvette will use Her blood as an offering, the red sparks as a catalyst, and Ichi's power source as the power source 

Power Draw: 39,

Itchi is fine.

Luck: 26,

Random Blitz: 3,

Quality: 36,

After moving to a side area so as not to get in people's way Yvette begins her ritual. All goes as well as can be expected and after some trial and error, she eventually musters open the portal. No larger than three feet across at the widest point, a brilliant red haze is all that can be seen clearly on the other side. At least until a strange one-eyed creature popped its head up from the base of the portal....followed by his thirty or so friends. None of them seem aggressive at all.

Tiny_Imp_Portrait.png

Yvette looked at the small creature that came out of the portal with Jezzabella standing on guard. She wasn't expecting this many of things to come out of the portal that quickly.  She weaved a quick tongue spell so she could hopefully communicate with them "Why hello there and what are you called" She asked the first one that came out of the portal reading to cast her binding if things turned bad.

Yvette tries to talk to the creature that came out of the portals.

"Oh, a teleporter? I guess taking that wouldn't be good. . . And yeah, I'm Morp, and I've got lots of neat stuff. It's all in my museum." Morp begins backing away a little when the woman started her ritual. He never knew the specifics of those things, but every blood sacrifice he'd seen had lead to things becoming distinctly less fun.

"Urm, what are those. . .?" Morp moved back and forth in a gesture sort of resembling pointing at the imps.

"That's... reassuring, though a few more tests wouldn't hurt, would it?" Shamhat said to Hirata. "And now we wait for the others to get here," she sat on the floor, watching Yvette summon a bunch of imps and try to talk to them.

Hirata had simply nodded in response to Yvette's question earlier and gave a reassuring, "Don't worry about it! I already said that it was fine didn't I~? That and besides, I wouldn't be a good friend if I say no when they ask me for help right?," before she slowly walked away from the ritual circle and maintained a firm grip on her pistol. She turned very slightly to face Shamhat as she heard them speak, "Well of course! But if we keep teleporting things from here the AI might catch on and send someone to get us wouldn't they? That and I don't know if we have enough power to perform a thorough battery of tests, you noticed the lights dim earlier didn't you?.

Hirata tried her best to seem calm, composed, and more importantly, silent when the tiny black things started to materialize, mostly because she had to resist the urge to let out a squee or try to pet them, as it didn't take a genius to realize that it was a bad idea to pet the eldritch or demonic; unfortunately Ody had no such restrictions, and it chose to state, "WHY ARE YOU TALKING GIBBERISH AT THEM, WHY ARE THEY DEMONS, NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE, I MISS MY TOASTER."

"That does raise another question - how come this dimwit of an AI hasn't noticed us yet? Who knows how many cameras we've passed by so far. And besides,, we'll be generating a lot more attention when we use this thing ourselves." Shamhat argued. "Though I can understand not having enough power to do the tests."

Oh, uh, Yoko does in fact head over to the teleporter room.

Yoko walked into the room where it seemed that everyone was gathering, and her expression became confused but intrigued once she saw what was going on. ”Hmm, what’s going on over here? What are these strange little creatures — are we going to fight them?”

The tiny creatures(all of which are still on the other side) cower some as Yvette leans in closer.  They seem to be making some equivalent to "oohing and ahhing" until one of them says something Yvette doesn't quite understand followed by the rest quickly parroting it and then two or three breaking off and running in another direction.

Yvette get's the feeling they might not be alone for long.

Yvette looks to the other with her finger to her mouth making "shh" sound. "They are shy so let's try not to scare them." She says to the other gently before turning back to the imps "Its okay I won't hurt you. Why don't a few of you come over here?" She said to them daintily crouching down and patting her legs like you would to get a cat to jump up on a lap

Yvette smiled these things sort of reminded her of puppies or kittens "See I'm not scary. Here let me help you." Yvette said as she slow and gently putting out a hand to try and help the creature out of the portal...unless touching the creature hurts her.