[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

[92]

This creature is practically fearless compared to the others, using one of its leathery tentacle arms as leverage to pull on Yvette's hand and get through the portal.

A rush of wind can be heard on the other side of the portal, the little creatures huddled around it start backing away, bowing and cowering as they go.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yvette smiled at the creature as it pulled itself out of the portal. Once she got it out of the portal she set in on her lap like one would a cat and looked to see what the rush of wind was. reading to break the ritual if need be.

Evelyn

"I shall think about that offer" Evelyn replied, an actual hint of a positive emotion coming to her face for a brief moment before the portal opened. Instantly, Evelyn's eye refocused, the Hunter bringing out both of her weapons as she stormed forth, joining the others near the portal and watching, with clenched hands, as the lady she had spoken too not that long ago was trying to communicate with them. She should've realized, of course there would be another one that dealt in darker powers such as this. Thankfully, the one thing that kept Evelyn from beginning a Hunt here and now was the fact that the creatures coming out didn't... Seem hostile. In fact, they reminded her of the Messengers. Odd and inhuman, but somewhat adorable nonetheless.

That thought also didn't last long, unfortunately, with the rush of wind, and the reactions of the rest of the creatures. Immediately, Evelyn stepped forward, giving a single glance towards before staring at the portal, ready to act upon a moment's notice.

Just as Evelyn approached the portal a huge purple eye moved in front of it, glaring and narrowing down on Yvette.

Spoiler

A massive tentacle swipes through the portal and wraps around Yvette and the Impling, just as it's about to pull them back through Evelyn slashes the tentacle with her sword dealing 20 damage and severing the very end.

At the same moment the large creature reaches through the Impling Yvette is holding turns into a fine black mist and disappears completely.

Evelyn

As soon as the eye had appeared, Evelyn had already begun moving, flipping her Chikage around and resheathing it, a small bit of blood flying out of the sheath as she did so. Once the tentacle had flown out and wrapped around Yvette, Evelyn had already stepped to the side, angling her body so she could get the best and cleanest cut she could get on it, and right before the creature could drag the lady out, the sharp sound of a sword sliding out of its sheath filled the air, right before the tentacle was sliced apart by Evelyn's Chikage, the sword having turned from a simple katana to a longsword covered in blood,

"Close it, now" was all Evelyn said as she stepped in front of Yvette, a simple flick of her sword causing the blood to splatter off of it and onto the ground, her good eye staring back at the creature's, all while she began placing her sword back into her sheath for another strike.

Yvette was caught off guard when the creature grabbed her from the portal not giving her enough time to call Jezzabella over to protect her before Evelyn cut the tentacle off at the tip causing Yvette to fall on her but with a small "oof". Taking a quick look around and not seeing anything in the portal or in the room Yvette sighed and looking a bit peeved scuffed her heel over one of the connecting chalk lines breaking the line causing the portal to close.  She then looked over at Evelyn "Thank you, Ms. Evelyn I got a bit distracted and forgot some of my usual precautions when opening a portal." Yvette said some of her usual composer lost under a bit of embarrassment has Jezzabella moved over and inspected Yvette to make sure she was fine. "Well, at least I learned a little bit about what is in that plane it and didn't lose anything other than a bit of dignity," Yvette said to her self as she started to erase some more of chalk just out of a precaution.

The creature glared again, reaching up with several more tentacles to try and pry the portal wider.  That is before Yvette started to close it, forcing the thing back.

Everything seemed fine until Yvette felt a burning sensation on her forearm.

A small red eye shaped brand had appeared on her arm.

Yoko let out a disappointed little tsk’ing sound at the way the whole event went. ”I would have rather preferred that it came out here instead of tried to drag you in, Yvette. We would have shredded it, and it would have been fantastic. I’m still raring to go, you know, I can never get enough. Hmmm... I think the fact that Evelyn here had to step in for you is proof that physical prowess of your own could do you well, yes? I will repeat my offer to teach you Kaze-do sometime, if you are willing. The possibility does exist though that you will simply have to achieve physical fitness first — agility and endurance are both needed for basic Kaze-do... and the way I practice it, strength is quite useful as well. I don’t know Kobo Ichi Kai very well and it would not likely suit you anyway unless you were very willing to bulk up, and Aikido is not my preference at all, but I suppose it could work too...”

Yoko blinked as during her musings on martial arts the creature was thwarted, and then as she blinked to see a red eye having appeared on the demon summoner’s arm. “Oh, what’s this, now?”

Yvette stared at the creature as she closed the portal she was going to attempt a portal to this plane again at some point she doesn't like being embarrassed "I might take you up on that at some point Ms. Yoko. though I will admit that I do have a failing in some physical activities and just a bit of me letting my guard down Sir Vratislav nothing to worry about."  Yvette said just before she grimaced from a burning sensation on her arm. Looking at the brand Yvette shook her head "I have no clue what this is." Yvette said as she started to cast multiple detection and identifying spells on the brand to figure out what it was or what it did. 

"I could pull it off, if you like."  Deadlift claims, toying with his bracer.

Growing bored of the others and their nonsense, Deadlift toys with his armored bracer, infusing it with intense energy, while also trying to break it.

He succeeds on both accounts, as the armor shatters, and melts into his arm from the intensity of his spirit energy.

"Now that's interesting."  He says, mostly to himself, flexing his arm, covered in armored fragments.

With the teleporter now proven functional and everyone in that same room it has come time to divide into groups and explore.

The following areas are available:
Plankton Farms(Abandoned Sector),

Primary Landing Bay,

Robotic Hardware Assembly,

and Personnel Quarters.

After having spent the last few moments with performing her best impression of a statue, Hirata took some hesitant steps forward to take a better look at Yvette's arm and asked, "Yyyou can still move it right? And do you know what it did to your arm?"

Spoiler

Arcana: 11 vs 18,

Yvette finds that it's some sort of hex or marker for another spell and a powerful one at that. Though the mark itself shouldn't be an issue.

Yvette frowned when she couldn't find out much more about the brand other than the mark was no danger itself and it was created from a rather powerful one. She rubbed her arm where the brand was "Thank you for your concern. All I could figure out was that its some sort of hex or a marker for another spell a powerful one. The brand itself shouldn't be a problem. I'll probably need some time to research it a bit more or we might get lucky and find out what made it and solve it then." Yvette said "So where is every going to be heading to. I won't lie this mark might cause problems down the line for anyone who chooses to have me along."

Hirata took another step towards Yvette and fidgeted a little on the spot, her fingers pressing against each other and generally moving around as she awkwardly asked, "Wwwell since you asked, is it...is it fine if I ask you to come with me? I wanted to go to the robotics hardware assembly sector because if we can take it over and hold our position there, I could start working on our very own robot army to take on the AI's, bbbbut it might be too dangerous actually, if it's just the four of us, nnevermind."

"Oh, I wouldn't mind going with you dear. I can't say I will much of a use in there though but I will be happy to join you. If you're worried about it being dangerous then why not ask Ms. Yoko or your large friend. Deadlift? I believe you called him that. Or even the Dear Baron they may have lost the fight but they proved to be an able combatant." Yvette said with a smile to Hirata.

Plankton Farms(Abandoned Sector)

Vratislav, Evelyn, and company enter the teleporter to the Plankton Farms and come out the other end.  The new room is very similar to the previous one if a little smaller and more cramped.  There are a couple old boxes with redundant files, lost personal affects, and other such items nearby.  A thick layer of dust coats almost everything in the room.

Beyond their immediate surroundings there was a single door leading to a hallway, a little ways down the hallway splits in a "Y" shape, one leading more sharply right and the other heading mostly straight.

((Anyone else who wishes can still join this group))

Vratislav looks around at the new local for a few minutes before nodding.

"Evelyn, be a dear and watch those halls. Those papers could be useful and who knows what the others things could be used for."

Vratislav and friends search the room for anything of note starting with the files.

Yoko let out an audible “hmmm”, her hand on her chin as she considered her destination. ”Hmmm... well, I would have gone with you, Yvette, considering that you’ve mentioned the possibility of that mark causing trouble, but that’s quite the count of you going to this assembly place, now. I believe that I shall head out to the personnel quarters since it seems that no one else has any intention of going there, which simply means more challenge for me. Deadlift, would you like to come with me? Everywhere else would put you in a group of three at the minimum, and I do enjoy your company, being that we do have our similarities. It would be nice to have no objections to tearing our way through there as well, especially if there are more of those creatures in there.”

Yoko heads to the personnel quarters.