Can we please show some love for Delphox?

that's genuinely the first time I've seen someone praise Emboar, arguably the most hated Fire-type starter to date (Which I also disagree with btw), over Delphox. And honestly, I quite Disagree. Yes, Charizard has his Mega's, but that's like comparing Gen 4 Cynthia with Gen 6 Steven and saying "Well, steven is Stronger because of Mega Metagross, and Cynthia doesn't have a Mega", kinda unfair in that regard. THough I don't disagree that Deplhox is blown away by Mega Char. As for Typhosion, it's the other way around. Delphox has better stats, and while not as big of a movepool, what it has in said movepool is where it counts. strong Stab moves, good coverage and useful support. In fact, there's only one Niché that Typhlosion as over other fire starters, that being Eruption. Nape and Blaziken I can't disagree with. Emboar... I can. While EMboar might hit harder, that matters little if you can't get the hit off. Granted, Emboar is Bulky. but Fire and Fighting are not really tanky types. and with Delphox being the second fastest fire type starter (bar speed boost), getting the hit off isn't the issue.

Now for the Gender ratio. I agree, but I'll add Primarina to the same list as Delphox here

furbaitfurbaitfurbaitfurbait

in all seriousness, I quite like all gen VI starters. braixen and delphox look borderline the same to me so I dont really care, but delphox is definitely superior because psychic type.

delphox even used to be my favorite gen VI starter, but then I started using both it and the other two and now chesnaught has overtaken. unfort.

@Wolfox

The reason why I praise Emboar is because it is part of my reborn team. And by part of my Reborn team I mean right from the moment I caught it in the mountain to the latest gym. I caught Tepig as soon as I got to the mountain(basically when we fight Kiki) because I really wanted a good fire type and pansear wasn't cutting it. I have never ever been so happy with a fire type before. I honestly have used Emboar in every Pokemon white playthrough I have done on emulator because I like fire types but using it in reborn opened my eyes you can say. It's EV trained in hp attack and defense and it does a great job at taking hits. Offensively of course it hits like a heavy truck. Especially when I learnt what reckless did, this pokemon became a crucial part of my offense. And it hasn't disappointed yet. It kills something when I need it to because of that massive attack stat. Only it kills itself in the process so potions are a must for it. But Emboar definitely okos two to three pokemon before going down and takes hits like a champ.

Delfox is good with psychic moves but that's it. Many pokemon articles have said, "Delfox is good at being good for nothing". It's true because it doesn't hit hard enough nor does it survive for long enough to set up. Delfox always dies in the process of trying to be good for me. Which is why Emboar is better because it can take a hit. If Emboar takes a hit then it returns it with a kill. Delfox tries to kill and fails, tries to set up but still doesn't help much.

This is from my experience of using both pokemon in Reborn.

15 minutes ago, Zander said:

@Wolfox

The reason why I praise Emboar is because it is part of my reborn team. And by part of my Reborn team I mean right from the moment I caught it in the mountain to the latest gym. I caught Tepig as soon as I got to the mountain(basically when we fight Kiki) because I really wanted a good fire type and pansear wasn't cutting it. I have never ever been so happy with a fire type before. I honestly have used Emboar in every Pokemon white playthrough I have done on emulator because I like fire types but using it in reborn opened my eyes you can say. It's EV trained in hp attack and defense and it does a great job at taking hits. Offensively of course it hits like a heavy truck. Especially when I learnt what reckless did, this pokemon became a crucial part of my offense. And it hasn't disappointed yet. It kills something when I need it to because of that massive attack stat. Only it kills itself in the process so potions are a must for it. But Emboar definitely okos two to three pokemon before going down and takes hits like a champ.

Delfox is good with psychic moves but that's it. Many pokemon articles have said, "Delfox is good at being good for nothing". It's true because it doesn't hit hard enough nor does it survive for long enough to set up. Delfox always dies in the process of trying to be good for me. Which is why Emboar is better because it can take a hit. If Emboar takes a hit then it returns it with a kill. Delfox tries to kill and fails, tries to set up but still doesn't help much.

This is from my experience of using both pokemon in Reborn.

that's pretty funny actually because the Delphox I used in my first playthrough always put in all the work it needed to, and more. needed something dead? Mister Y (explained the pun name already) was there. and don't get me wrong, I really like Emboar (heck the only fire starter I don't like is Typhlosion) but as someone who prefers fast and heavy attackers Delphox just fits better for me (also, that Delphox had, like, 1 IV in special attack and it worked.

4 hours ago, TheVentusX said:

To show some love for Delphox i dedicated myself to do a run exspecially made for it. So look forward to the magical adventure of the witch apprentice Delphy and her Flanary 😉

Best of luck to Delphy and Flanary!

6 hours ago, Wolfox said:

that's pretty funny actually because the Delphox I used in my first playthrough always put in all the work it needed to, and more. needed something dead? Mister Y (explained the pun name already) was there. and don't get me wrong, I really like Emboar (heck the only fire starter I don't like is Typhlosion) but as someone who prefers fast and heavy attackers Delphox just fits better for me (also, that Delphox had, like, 1 IV in special attack and it worked.

It's funny, I actually like Typhlosion for all the reasons you like Delphox! It was my first starter in Silver, and it did what it needed to all game long. Not sure how fast and strong it actually was, but in my mind it was unstoppable. I kinda want to have Delphox as a starter now.

del_pt1b.png.5238fb76609c801d50bf653641bf5308.png

del_pt2b.png.2fc4c6a0568553dc3e8cfb11645d2333.png

(this is the silliest thing i've ever drawn, thank you delphox thread) (link to those who don't get the reference, do not waste 5 minutes of your life watching this)

7 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

Best of luck to Delphy and Flanary!

It's funny, I actually like Typhlosion for all the reasons you like Delphox! It was my first starter in Silver, and it did what it needed to all game long. Not sure how fast and strong it actually was, but in my mind it was unstoppable. I kinda want to have Delphox as a starter now.

(this is the silliest thing i've ever drawn, thank you delphox thread) (link to those who don't get the reference, do not waste 5 minutes of your life watching this)

Typhlosion's base stats are exactly the same as Regular Charizard, so not bad but nothing to really write home about

10 hours ago, Xanthous said:

From a stats perspective Delphox has 4 more points of speed, and five more in special attack. It also has 15 more points in special defense. This is balanced out by slightly lower defense and hp, and a whopping 15 point drop in physical (ie the completely irrelevant) attack.

Anyway, I liked Delphox fine. Its main  problem was that you get a chance for Charmander at the beginning of X & Y, and you got an event speed boost Torchic on release. So...why use it in its debut generation?  Kinda sad too because I legit liked it the best of the Gen. VI starters. Combine that with Greninja receiving all the attention from GF and its really no wonder Delphox was less popular. 

One issue I had with the gen 6 starters as a whole was Battle Bond. Why give it only to Greninja? just name it "Bond-Greninja" and give Chessnaught and Delphox a "Bond-" form too

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

One issue I had with the gen 6 starters as a whole was Battle Bond. Why give it only to Greninja? just name it "Bond-Greninja" and give Chessnaught and Delphox a "Bond-" form too

Ash-Greninja is dumb and should've never made it anywhere near the games.

It's called marketing. If it wasn't obvious enough from the double megas of Charizard, gamefreak doesn't care about competitive viability. You do understand that if Delfox became popular enough, it would get a mega evolution with soul heart or something as an ability and with great defenses? Bam, straight to OU. Any Pokemon can be made the best by gamefreak. Charizard was NU. But now it's megas have a permanent spot in OU. I love Charizard and Greninja so I'm fine with these megas and bond stuff but I understand how unfair it is. 

This is how gamefreak works though so there's nothing anybody can do about it except try to make the Pokemon get more attention.

I like Delphox, it was my first starter for Reborn and never had any issues using her especially early game 😛

It was also the first pokemon I bred... and yah I thought that would never finish!

I used to dislike Delphox's design, but as Wolfy cleverly said, it's an acquired taste hehe now I love the design too :3

Delphox is saddled with a kind of stiff and awkward pose in pretty much every official artwork and sprite. I'm sure if there was some game that bothered to really play up Delphox's witch/sorcerer theme than a lot of people still hating on the design would change their opinion. Remember Pokken and how it went all out turning Braixen into a Magical Girl? Something like that for Delphox would be cool, just more focused on impressive sorcery than cuteness.

Spoiler

46856527_p0_master1200.jpg

delphox__fennekin_final_evolution_by_kei

I haven't gotten around to using Delphox in Reborn yet, but I have one as my Starter in Rejuvenation and she's consistently a powerhouse doing great damage and screwing the enemies over by stealing their Items. Nothing quite like stealing an opponent's Life Orb and turning its effect around on them.

Also Delphox is fluffy and fluffy things are great.

cd53dd68f3b9bab043b20nsijz.jpg

I guess we can 😉

Spoiler

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania delphox cute

Delphox family are actually a really cool mons, and idk why they so hated.. 

Because Braixen, and Delphox looks other then people expected? Oh, c'mon..

Cute and styled mons, with good typing. That's all I have to say here.

Never used it on a team before because I like Greninja so much. I didn't really care about it before but looking over its stats and moveset it actually looks pretty cool. Just above the 100 base speed that everything has and it has a decent special attack stat. I just feel like it should've got more special attacks. Focus Blast/Aura Sphere or Thunderbolt would've been nice and would've complimented its magician style while giving it essential coverage. I'm surprised it didn't get Energy Ball but at least it gets Grass Knot (which gets 160 power with Grassium Z 😮). For higher level battling I think Magician is lackluster because even if you survive a hit and steal an item you will be hitting less hard for that one turn. Delphox probably won't be lasting that many turns so it needs the power boost from its item. Additionally, choice items are fairly common and if it steals one, especially a Choice Band, Magician can be a hindrance. I've always though its appearance looked a bit awkward but the fanart people have been posting redeemed it for me.

50 minutes ago, Luke said:

Delphox is great my least favorite starter is probably Infernape I have disliked it since I first saw it I can’t explain.

That's became Infernape is a monkey. And monkeys exist to be horrid little monsters deserving only of contempt. Your reaction is both natural and normal.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:21 AM, Luke said:

Delphox is great my least favorite starter is probably Infernape I have disliked it since I first saw it I can’t explain.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:13 AM, wcv said:

That's became Infernape is a monkey. And monkeys exist to be horrid little monsters deserving only of contempt. Your reaction is both natural and normal.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:17 AM, Wolfox said:

let's not turn this into a hate thread for other starters

I will agree with Wolfox. Showing appreciation to a 'mon doesn't come from showing our dislike to others.

• Veterans

Not a fan personally. Great Pokemon and I've used it to a good degree in playthroughs and competitively. That being said I've always felt disappointed in the way the final design ended up. Kinda the opposite with regards to Froakie/Chespin where I very much so disliked the initial stages but their finals ended up looking cool as hell. To each their own though, can definitely see it's appeal.

Dunno about the rest, but it is usually my go to gen 6 starter.  Fire is uncommon in the early game,  secondary psychic typing means it can get a more colorful moveset than most other fire types,  it has  the stats to be a great sweeper,  and gets fucking calm mind.  It can even use the special bulk to set up said calm minds on a special attacker and then win you the battle.     I definitely prefer it over the other two.

I guess i like the design too, although i like greninja's design too. It is sleek.  Difference is  the fox  has more likable forms in all evolutionary stages while froakie and frogadier are just unappealing to me.  Therefore it wins my starter selection phase.

And i never liked how Chesnaught was designed, however i can recognise that it can be pretty damn effective ingame.  I used it in reborn hardcore and i was extremely satisfied.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 3:37 AM, Xanthous said:

I kinda want to have Delphox as a starter now.

Suddenly I appreciate Delphox a whole lot more.