Wonderland Mafia(Day 6)

DigitalAmber

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is placing a temporary vote on someone else.  Drak has already voted on 4 different people.

I have no idea what everyone is thinking, and am not sure I want to know.

Newsflash: 2 votes = risk.

What a time to be alive

15 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

Everyone is placing a temporary vote on someone else.  Drak has already voted on 4 different people.

I have no idea what everyone is thinking, and am not sure I want to know.

Newsflash: 2 votes = risk.

What a time to be alive

No idea how the lynchs are decided in this game yet, might be hitting a majority, might be most voted

15 minutes ago, DigitalAmber said:

Most votes dies. In case of a tie, everyone dies. 

That seems a bit harsh. Imagine ending the game so early because of such a technicality.                                                                                    it's a joke not a dick don't take it so hard

well as things stand im shifting my vote back to Venus for two reasons since the meme-ing stops now:

A.) I don't want to die obviously and the first vote on me i just think was pretty stupid and done without reading Nicki's im not sure why it remained since the voting before with the switching was for giggles and sillyness

B.) Venus has been making minimal effort to provide input to the town or even speak so they seem like the least of a loss for now, but really we need to start getting serious with these votes or we will have a mass of people die at once and we don't want that but we also shouldn't vote people impulsively and should actually read and analyse what they have said if you intend to accuse them of being suspicous without fully taking in what they actually were saying or doing.

EDIT: forgot to place the vote again [Unvote] Newt/Jeff [Eliminate] Venus

6 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

A.) I don't want to die obviously and the first vote on me i just think was pretty stupid and done without reading Nicki's im not sure why it remained since the voting before with the switching was for giggles and sillyness

B.) Venus has been making minimal effort to provide input to the town or even speak so they seem like the least of a loss for now, but really we need to start getting serious with these votes or we will have a mass of people die at once and we don't want that but we also shouldn't vote people impulsively and should actually read and analyse what they have said if you intend to accuse them of being suspicous without fully taking in what they actually were saying or doing.

I agree with you 100%. Something I would like to add is that both Nicki and Venus have done little to help and Nicki made an attempt to prevent Venus getting lynch. This could be nothing but it seems kinda like a passive mafia protection. Also as of yet @Seal has said nothing. Maybe they haven't seen the thread yet but if not they know now. 

Also guys we all need to contribute our ideas of players to try to make sure we don't mislynch. Lynching is one of the towns most powerful tools for finding mafia, but we all need to contribute. Right now no one is contributing very much making them hard to read but I have a slight town-lean on Alaris (he has contributed more then most players) and Lord Drakyle (appears to me to be making an honest attempt at finding mafia). I would appreciate other players thoughts though.

Edited by Mr. Knightly

Guest Sparkin'
59 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

well as things stand im shifting my vote back to Venus for two reasons since the meme-ing stops now:

EDIT: forgot to place the vote again [Unvote] Newt/Jeff [Eliminate] Venus

You're voting me because I'm not talking. That isn't scumhunting at all. 

We're already serious at this, haven't you seen all that most of us have been doing?

If you want everyone to do something, you must first set an example. You can't wait for peeps to read and analyze without starting on your own. If you are, then you're scum. Simple as that. 

• Global Mods

I haven't been doing "little", Knightly. Albeit in a small amount, I have been sharing reads which is more than what most people have done.

Hm... let's recap and see with what we can work with:

I don't think we can get anything from Corso's visitors. Something odd happened, but there are so many options. Another possibility is that by means of the "mysteries of wonderland", Corso got a special ability tonight that made it impossible for (at least some) people to visit him; however, I'm none too sure he would be unaware of that. Drakyle could simply have been roleblocked, or Corso or Candy know more than he's actually saying, and I understand it might be beneficial for the town not to disclose it. I don't think we should inquire further on this matter, not right now.

I find the suppositions of the roles based upon the names quite interesting. We cannot get anyhing from the Mafia though, because they are simple cards. Let's see the 3rd parties. One of them must be the culter. I'd say the Jabberwock, probably. The Copycat is also quite interesting. Normally, I'd say they copy the role of a player, but here, being a 3rd party, I'd think of it more like a coyote taking up the role of the player they guess right. Any other ideas on this one? Also, I don't think we should hypothesise about town roles. If any, it would only help Mafia.

There are various things that caught my eye, but there's especially one that stood out among the rest. @Candy, why did you say that you visited Corso? I'd like you to elaborate, please. Consider this a temporary pressure vote:

[Eliminate] Candy

59 minutes ago, Venus said:

You're voting me because I'm not talking. That isn't scumhunting at all. 

We're already serious at this, haven't you seen all that most of us have been doing?

If you want everyone to do something, you must first set an example. You can't wait for peeps to read and analyze without starting on your own. If you are, then you're scum. Simple as that. 

I have been trying to help i never claimed i was scumhunting either, but rather voting someone who doesn't appear to be trying to contribute at least, furthermore the comment about analysis is aimed at those who go around throwing accusations yet from  what they say haven't done very much reading at all. I'd rather note vote the non talkers yet as we have quite a few people turning up late not aware the game began so i can't really read ANYTHING from them, everyone else here started talking when they turned up, giving input is seeking what others had to offer to try and contribute somehow, you turned up, cast a vote and barely spoke. It comes across to me like you are trying to avoid attention. If we can;t vote out someone because they read as scum the next option is to vote someone who doesn't seem to want to contribute, near the beginning when i first began speaking i started raising questions and information came to light.

Corso was visited by two people - Alaris's claim learned through a penguin. (this if true tells us a penguin is in the game)

i attempted a visit on Corso but my action failed, however Candy claims to have been the second visitor and didnt have any difficulty visiting him, which suggests i got roleblocked (my original assumption before then was Corso got jailed/roleblocked preventing me visiting him), this gives us info regarding the presence of a roleblocker also useful to know.

from what we read in digital's phase change post Lia's death doesn't appear to be something the Queen of Hearts was are of who we can assume probably would know about kills performed by town (most likely vigilante if we assume the King is a Mayor, though could be Judge too).

As a townie with a visiting role i would rather not die to a lynch because of an early poster who again i stress didn't seem to do any reading at all and would prefer to vote someone who we can agree is of suspicious nature but due to silent people and the info we still don't know it's hard to make a call on who is scum.

That said @NickCrash What's your thoughts, using what we know so far and what we have seen so far does anyone stand out in your mind?

Also complete shot in the dark but what if the Card Numbers have something to do with the role, maybe 2 of Hearts has literally 2 hearts and can survive the first attack on them? dunno about 5 or 7 but i would wager maybe Ace is a strongman? the Knave is the only one referenced in the films i know of which had them constantly in pursuit of Alice in one of the films while in the cartoon they were on trial for failure as a soldier so an apprentice role or something?

anyone know if 5 or 7 the numbers themself have any importance in ways because i dont think Lucky 7 would incorporate into mafia as how would you utilize luck as a role?

Guest Sparkin'

I'm lacking energy due to several kill attemps on me.

If I must be lynched on a Day 1 for not doing anything when I've done more than some have done, then so be it. I don't have any willpower to fight against something like that.

GG

@Venus Your lackluster defense is unfortunate. I get being tired but you could at least tell us your role so we have some reason to not lynch you.

@Lord Drakyle I like your ideas for the card members, here is something else to think about. idk how this would relate to roles but in the book Alice first meets three cards (the 2, 5 and 7 of Spades) in the Queen's garden painting white roses red. One of them explains that they accidentally planted white roses, and because the queen hates white roses they have to paint them red or the Queen will behead them. After the Queen arrives, she finds white roses and orders the execution of all three of them. Alice hides these 3 in a flowerpot, after this their fate is unknown. 

Also in fortune telling: Ace of Spades Misfortune; sometimes associated with death or, more often, a difficult ending. 2 of Hearts A warm partnership or engagement. This is a very favorable card that indicates strength and support coming from a partner. 5 of Hearts Jealousy; some ill-will from people around you. 7 of Hearts Someone whose interest in you is unreliable; someone with fickle affections for you. This card can indicate lovesickness.

I wonder if maybe 2 is a mafia support like a doctor or something and 7 can switch a single lynch or something. 

• Global Mods

Maybe we are hypothesising a bit too much here...

Also, going a bit meta here but, last time a situation like this occurred, Sparks was town then. So maybe he is town now. I'll admit and say his vote on Paul isn't an odd behaviour; he does this a lot as town. But then again, we all know I'm not confident with reads. 🤷‍♀️

Knightly's idea of there being a Doctor isn't a bad one imo. You usually see a doc (or some kind of healing role) in most mafia games, so I can only assume there would be one. One thing I could suggest is that nobody outright states their role, and simply maybe we make a list of what we think roles could be and others state whether or not their role is correct without revealing what they are. I don't know if that'd help, but it's certainly better than stating roles.

@Mr Knightly, i don't think Venus should tell us his role, if Venus is town then revealing his role will be a big help for mafia, i think he shouldn't reveal his role just yet.

Also, its probably just me but it seems that you're trying to get Venus lynched while there is others who aren't really active/haven't contributed

12 minutes ago, Bam the 25th said:

@Mr Knightly, i don't think Venus should tell us his role, if Venus is town then revealing his role will be a big help for mafia, i think he shouldn't reveal his role just yet.

Also, its probably just me but it seems that you're trying to get Venus lynched while there is others who aren't really active/haven't contributed

it wouldn't do to lynch people who haven't spoken yet because they may not even be aware the game started as was quite a few people somehow, however those who haven't contributed much though there may be others Venus just stood out

@Alaris So yaw asking why I chose to say that I visited Corso, despite not being pressured to? That's because I didn't see a reason to hide that and in fact thought I might scumhunt by placing what I knew, aka the remaining piece in the puzzle. My role isn't much use to the town, so I was happy to contribute as much info as I'd gathered. 

I initially thought Corso might have a weird role and smelled scum but then with Drak's and others' explanations I've changed opinions. Drak getting roleblocked is more likely.

---

Though probably unrelated, that message Drak got about his action failing, reminded me of that Reborn Battle Royale game where I was Cain and Drak (Lin) tried to do something to me and also kill me. He failed both times because I hid behind him (Lin). I dont think Corso is a survivor role because I was able to visit him, but well hehe just an aside 😛

7 minutes ago, Candy said:

@Alaris So yaw asking why I chose to say that I visited Corso, despite not being pressured to? That's because I didn't see a reason to hide that and in fact thought I might scumhunt by placing what I knew, aka the remaining piece in the puzzle. My role isn't much use to the town, so I was happy to contribute as much info as I'd gathered. 

I initially thought Corso might have a weird role and smelled scum but then with Drak's and others' explanations I've changed opinions. Drak getting roleblocked is more likely.

---

Though probably unrelated, that message Drak got about his action failing, reminded me of that Reborn Battle Royale game where I was Cain and Drak (Lin) tried to do something to me and also kill me. He failed both times because I hid behind him (Lin). I dont think Corso is a survivor role because I was able to visit him, but well hehe just an aside 😛

similarly, my role aint so useful by itself except when combined with what other roles can do

@Bam the 25th lol it is funny that you single me out because I have not even placed my vote yet. That being said we need to lynch someone and some of things Venus did seemed suspicious. The fact that he gave no defense does not make things any better as mafia often don't know what to say. I don't want Venus to just reveal their role, but if things continue as they are he will get lynched and it would be better imo even if he was town to know what roles are no longer in play. Plus if he is mafia and claims someone else's role they can perhaps counter him. Archeric and Cataline have also contributed almost nothing but they are less experienced and I don't expect as much from them yet. 

@Lord Drakyle Thoughts on Newt/Jeff?

1 minute ago, Mr. Knightly said:

@Bam the 25th lol it is funny that you single me out because I have not even placed my vote yet. That being said we need to lynch someone and some of things Venus did seemed suspicious. The fact that he gave no defense does not make things any better as mafia often don't know what to say. I don't want Venus to just reveal their role, but if things continue as they are he will get lynched and it would be better imo even if he was town to know what roles are no longer in play. Plus if he is mafia and claims someone else's role they can perhaps counter him. Archeric and Cataline have also contributed almost nothing but they are less experienced and I don't expect as much from them yet. 

@Lord Drakyle Thoughts on Newt/Jeff?

my thoughts on Newt/Jeff are he is far too concerned with why announcements weren't done differently as well as the fact he has to actually take time to read. definitly worth attention, but would rather not risking being lynched by shifting vote to him because not enough votes to put the most on him