Where you found Reborn from

BanananaK

2 hours ago, Sardines said:

A random 9gag post, in the summer of 2016, with a screenshot of Reborn (specifically, the starter room). And in true 9gag fashion, game wasn't mentioned in title, it just said something like "A great Pokemon game, and it's made by fans" or something along those lines. But thankfully plenty of comments and people mentioning that it is "Pokemon Reborn"

Resultado de imagen para ah i see you're a man of culture as well

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out about Reborn when I was googling Pokemon fangames with Mega Evolutions (which is hilarious, in hindsight) and found a screenshot of one of the PULSE pokemon (I think it was Muk). While I wasn't sure about the "edginess" at first, it eventually won me over, and it's the only Pokemon fangame I actually enjoy and have played from start to "finish". Wish I could remember the point I realized "... I'm not getting Mega Evolutions, am I? :c"

Well,I had no idea about fan games about an year ago.I didn't even know about pokemon games in general.

I just started looking for pokemon games to play.I played some roms on emulators but quickly got bored because many of the hacks were based on the same game.

Then I found a webpage about fan games and read it.I was really interested after I read Reborn's description.Then I saw this image:

pkmn9.0.jpg(I was like ,yup I need this game)

The fact that it was made for pc and I didn't need anything else made me really excited.I am still playing it.

9 hours ago, pokemastercj1 said:

Two things: 1) What do you mean Ha to complete? The whole story, every gym, the elite four and champion, a second smaller region, and a ton of new megas and over 200 delta species, I don't understand how that isn't complete. 2) Audrey, second fight.

1) It is too buggy, even game-breaking in some occasions. We can provide a list, but we will move the topic of the conversation to a whole different subject. I don't call completed a game that has bugs that wouldn't make it eligible to pass Beta testing.

2) Challenging fights, yes. But even on Hard, I swept the E4 by Baton Passing stats from my Mew to my Delta Muk. Plus, the difficulty of Insurgence is because it gives OP 'mons to your opponents, not because of field effects. So, it can be a game of "the one who uses the most OP squad wins". In Reborn it's more about having to cope with weaker 'mons and manipulating fields.

9 hours ago, pokemastercj1 said:

Two things: 1) What do you mean Ha to complete? The whole story, every gym, the elite four and champion, a second smaller region, and a ton of new megas and over 200 delta species, I don't understand how that isn't complete. 2) Audrey, second fight.

1) Jess, Seki and I could literally give you a list that would make sonic 06 look like a more stable game. like seriously. missing TM's, ghost NPC's, game breaking bugs and everything.

2) yeah, a primal kyogre and mega rayquaza are hard early game, but that's really where it ends. Giving the opponent OP mons doesn;t make it a hard game. It's like Dark Rizing but instead of OP in level the mons are just OP. need I explain more?

Now for how I found reborn: my nephew send me a video of him feeding a common candie to an ekans (inside joke between us at the time) and I got interested in the game. and now, a few years later, I'm still here.

16 hours ago, Sardines said:

A random 9gag post, in the summer of 2016, with a screenshot of Reborn (specifically, the starter room). And in true 9gag fashion, game wasn't mentioned in title, it just said something like "A great Pokemon game, and it's made by fans" or something along those lines. But thankfully plenty of comments and people mentioning that it is "Pokemon Reborn"

This is the exact reason how I found out about Reborn

I found it randomly on Google, after searching for more rom hacks. But romhacks began to bore me since everything in romhacks just uses EQ on you, which was kinda annoying.
I found it while it was version 9 or something and I left it alone eventually, without finishing it. A few years later my pokemon hype lived up again, and here I am now waiting for E17.

I used to browse imgur semi-regularly, and one day I came across a "Best Pokemon Fan Games" post. Uranium was listed first, but it's download link was broken. Reborn was next on the list, and I played all the way through the current Ep. (15) took a break until Ep. 16, and I've been playing since.

i found this game last year by randomly googling it, stopped on route 2 with 0 interest to continue(not that the game is bad, it was just rough times in real life). then cleaning the computer on the beginning of the year i thought i accidentaly deleted it(lol), then like 2 months ago i saw a random video of the game on youtube and poke hype mode went all the way up and i went to download it again. much to my surprise my old file on route 2 was still there, but i started anew anyway cause i didnt remember anything about the story, except that it was very good...also im seeing people saying this is a hard game, its really not, its a fair game, if you want BS difficulty with all odds against you at all times i suggest rejuvenation( again, not that the game is bad, is just unfair, and i finished playing the current version)

I remember seing a post on 9GAG. I already played some rom hacks here and there and thought "Why not?". I started with E15 and I was just overwhelmed by how big and detailed this game was. The last time I felt like this about any Pokemon game was back when I first played the Silver Edition.

I saw a post on 9gag with a title like "The hardest decision of my life".It was a screenshot from the starter room.I saw the post around the time X and y were realeased, and i was happy because i wanted to use froakie but couldnt afford a 3ds.That was in episode 12.What i liked about the the game was that it was "dirty".I had played numerous rom hacks before reborn,and they all had cheery colours and a happy-like atmosphare.I liked reborn because it was a bit more "edgy".When i reached Noel, i kept getting destroyed and i decided to train a Machamp which resulted in loosing interest of the game.I even lost my save file somehow.All i remember was my greninja,my machamp and my camerupt which was a beast.Eventually i stopped playing reborn and pokemon in general.After some time i found a youtuber(HeroVolty) that was doing a full moon playthrough.I liked his channel and checked his other playthroughs and found rejuvenation.I downladed the game(it was version 8).I had 3 save files with bugs that prevented me from continuing the game.The first save file was with Augustus and his ship,the second save file was with Nim not appearing before Akuwa town and the third with Augustus again.In the loading screen i saw that i can ask help on these forums when i encounter bugs.I made this account and posted on troubleshooting but since i was really confused about how the forums work i'm not sure if i actually even made the post.Then i gave up on rejuvenation,but after a while i decided that i want to replay the game and finally finish it ,after searching for the download link(i had deleted the game) i  found the reborn link and thought why not.That was on episode 15.I have been playing since then and i have a lot of save files with mono runs and regular runs with my mane save file having over 500 hours.

I found it on the list of fan games on the pokemon essentials wiki when I was playing around on that in an attempt to make my own game. I downloaded it because I thought it looked kind of interesting and then made a forum account because I was really bad and constantly needed help. 

Might have found it from its TV Tropes page. How I stumbled on it, I have no idea anymore, but the description of its polluted setting and its difficulty got me interested. And hoo boy, was it difficult back then. It's still hard, but I came into Reborn during the days when early game Gyarados and Magmar were things, and the game still kicked my ass. *sigh* I almost miss getting stonewalled by Florinia. Almost.

I found it in one of the "best pokemon fangames" list on the internet, but I was simply ignore it back on 2014. A year later I played Insurgence and manage to finish it, but I still wanted to play more of these pokemon fangames, so I downloaded Zeta and... I kind of left it. I decided to find another fangames and stumble upon this forum thank to google, I decide to check what people think about this game, and its edginess made me drop it. I still regret not trying it back then.

A year later I wanted to come back to the world of pokemon fangame and google yet again somehow bring me to this forum, so I decide to give it a shot. I like it. I made an account on the forum. Download some other fangames this forum have (Rejuvenation, Desolation, Spork in that order).

I found Reborn through Shofu’s lp. I only downloaded the game for myself after he finished with Episode 10’s content though. When I frat started, Episode 11 had just come out

Edited by Lucky1998

• 2 weeks later...