Where you found Reborn from

BanananaK

Twas the time when I was very into Pokemon fan games. Zeta and Omicron were the first ones then I played Insurgence. Insurgence wasn't complete by then (was 1.1) so I tried to browse for more fan games. Then the day came when I come across Pokemon Reborn. All I saw was the screenshots and pics from the game. First impression? Bewildering. It looked like some final fantasy rpg game especially when I saw a circus then a GIGANTIC steelix. Watched some playthroughs on youtube and I wasn't really feeling it. I've gone to play other fan games like Uranium, Sage, Prism etc. Fast forward to December 2016, I had just finished playing Sun and Moon and it was time to get back to the realm of fan games. While I was searching for possible new playthroughs, THAT was the start of everything.

I came across HeroVoltsy's account and saw the title "Pokemon Reborn Episode 1". I thought 'Oh it was this game" and tried to look it up again. Recently updated to E16, I've decided what the heck and finally gave it a try. First thoughts? The game was CRAZY with the plot and everything. I first tried to play it thinking to simply breezing with my fave mons and just try to wreck everything. Results? Was a freaking mess. I battled pulse Tangrowth for almost 30 tries. Taka's chatot is just a **** and Florinia? FLORINIA?? That Cradily is just illegal. The game's difficulty is staggering and I LOVED IT. Did a second run, more bearable than the first and haven't been the same since. I think I'm maybe addicted. I am now patiently and excitedly waiting for E17 and getting my hands on my boi toxapex 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine wanted to try a 2-man let's play that alternated save files. We were gonna do a rom hack, but the day before we started I was searching something like "pokemon fan games" instead of rom hacks like usual and Reborn came up part way down the page.

At that point I didn't know what RPGmakerxp even was let alone that you could make games with it lol. 

When we downloaded it we were trying to figure out where the patch was for emerald! 

Honestly, finding this changed my life. I was only mildly interested in Pokemon at the time and only because of his videos. Now its easily one of my greatest passions! 

I found This fanart of Cain and Nindoking in the net:

Spoiler

tumblr_nveof32POG1qjyakmo1_1280.jpg

I remember to this day that I found it so cool that I wanted to know where it was from, so I found Reborn, and here I am.
I felt as if I had found Shangri-lah because Reborn, rejuvenation and Desolation, They're all what I was looking for in pokemon games.

The first time I heard Reborn's name was from HeroVoltsy's channel. He had a video called "Best Pokémon Fangames" and Reborn wasn't on the list, unfortunately. However, the people in the comments section vehemently disagreed, saying that a game called "Pokémon Reborn" was the best fangame ever.

(20 minutes later)

HOLY CRAP THE FIRST GYM LEADER'S GOT A FULL TEAM!!!

It was nothing but pure chance for me. After finishing the Emerald Plus Hack, I wanted to see more of Pokemon fan games, not necessarily rom hacks. But I finally decided to see a thetoptens list of best Pokemon hacks, and Reborn, which was not a hack but a pure standalone game, was number 23. I read the comments and felt motivated to try it, knowing that I tried to do a Pokemon Horror Game but abandoned it quickly because of personal reasons. Today, I still have no regrets, and think that this game deserves more recognition.

Edited by Q-Jei

It's a funny thing how I found this game, my Ex introduced me to it and I was skeptical because, and I'll be 100% honest here, the main series kinda bores me. But I've spent countless hours playing Reborn in ways that I would never give attention to at all in the main series these days. It brought me back to enjoying Pokemon in a way that I don't know if the main series could anymore and I actually eagerly await the release of something that pertains to Pokemon for a change, all thanks to giving Reborn the chance it deserves.