V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

I explored the Darchlight caves with Erin.  And i chose to expose Flora. 

Now i am on my first meeting with Cassandra. I am doing a "Naive" run with this save file, since i have chosen to hide Flora's identity on my main file.

Problem is, the game does not let me tell everything to Cassandra like the naive person i am!

Spoiler

X6fMXcv.png

I guess i will pause this run here until this is fixed..  And go to my Flora-supportive run for the moment.

Edited by DemICE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, flynk said:

What it is? Bug?

bug předělat.png

Not a bug, that will become accessible later.

Actual bug report: Corrupted Cave field does not activate during the battle with the Rift Garbodor, second battle.

• Developers
7 hours ago, Animefan666 said:

I can't remember the details of the side-quest (the missing woman from the Pokemon Salon) too well, but was this building always locked after completing it or is this another instance of event flags being reset when continuing from the end of version eight instead of starting over in version nine?

Hide contents

NtCykFg.png

It always closed after completion.

7 hours ago, flynk said:

Hi,

I was mining and something has happened

and hutdown game 

reju bug pře.png

reju bug 2 pře.png

Yes, this was reported several times. It's fixed on my end and will be out on the next patch.

2 hours ago, DemICE said:

I explored the Darchlight caves with Erin.  And i chose to expose Flora. 

Now i am on my first meeting with Cassandra. I am doing a "Naive" run with this save file, since i have chosen to hide Flora's identity on my main file.

Problem is, the game does not let me tell everything to Cassandra like the naive person i am!

Reveal hidden contents

X6fMXcv.png

I guess i will pause this run here until this is fixed..  And go to my Flora-supportive run for the moment.

Do you mind giving me your save so that I can take a closer look?

7 hours ago, Layle said:

I want to know too, I had the same problem and after doing everything I could, nobody was there so I basically let story goes without saving thinking that maybe I don't have the choice. But now that she hates me for not saving her, I guess I can conclude that I was supposed to get the choice, haha.

Most likely something was interfering with Venam appearing.

I'm not sure if this is reported, but defeating the maid Deandra (where Venam is being kept hidden) and talking to Marianette afterwards crashes the game. You have to either leave the area usually to try and fix it.  I hadn't saved Luca or Lenny at the time this happened either. I've been able to recreate it multiple times by talking to Marianette after defeating that particular maid. 

This is the error: 

Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Move:3599:in `pbReduceHPDamage'
PokeBattle_Battle:5011:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4991:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:4991:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4127:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:4126:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:4126:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:4110:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:4131:in `pbStartBattleCore'

3 hours ago, Anstane said:

Not a bug, that will become accessible later.

Actual bug report: Corrupted Cave field does not activate during the battle with the Rift Garbodor, second battle.

ok thanks

3 hours ago, Jan said:

Most likely something was interfering with Venam appearing.

So now I backed up so I returned right before entering Valor Mountain. Should I wait for a new patch so I can save Amber? Or Should I go continue the story without saving her?

(Should I stay or Should I go? /The Clash/)

EDIT: OH GOD, I just tried again (by curiosity) and it magically works fine, Kyogre appeared (eventually I lost to him) soooo yeah nevermind haha! But still Amber seems missing behind but I don't know how it has been coded sooo, I'll see!

Edited by Layle
Precision

• Developers
Just now, Axel553 said:

I cant face Crawli's Gym because the ariados aren't appearing so I can beat it ive tried closing it and reopening it and restarting my computer and neither have worked.

Downloading the latest patch will fix this issue.

Sorry or the inconvenience, but I know it says that this bug is fixed, do i just download the new patch and once i download the new patch, will it make me unstuck? Update: I installed the patch and am still stuck here. what should i do? i would really like to avoid restarting my save file.Screenshot (14).png

Edited by Megaemolga420

In GDC  you can redo over and over  the interaction with cera if you exit the building and then go back to 45F

Edited by Pozyher

3 hours ago, Layle said:

EDIT: OH GOD, I just tried again (by curiosity) and it magically works fine, Kyogre appeared (eventually I lost to him) soooo yeah nevermind haha! But still Amber seems missing behind but I don't know how it has been coded sooo, I'll see!

I still can't seem to get it to work on my end, do you remember if you did anything differently?

Edited by SirSwagsire

46 minutes ago, SirSwagsire said:

I still can't seem to get it to work on my end, do you remember if you did anything differently?

hey sir swag I might have found a way for you since I had same problem, first off when venam goes down the ladder don't go to her yet just go to to other ladder and continue, you will get the emotion powder or w/e its called from ???, after that change the mood to ice , but do not return to venam, first after you turn it to ice and water go on your left and surf, fight the guy in there and turn the red crystal ,, after that go to venam and yu will see event were she talks and tells you to change the mood etc, after she done talking go back were the ??? guy was and exit the cave, then re-enter the cave and go change the place to ice and only then return to venam, this trick should work I hope^^

Also if it works you may tell me how amazing I am :P

Edited by PMDrax

1 hour ago, PMDrax said:

hey sir swag I might have found a way for you since I had same problem, first off when venam goes down the ladder don't go to her yet just go to to other ladder and continue, you will get the emotion powder or w/e its called from ???, after that change the mood to ice , but do not return to venam, first after you turn it to ice and water go on your left and surf, fight the guy in there and turn the red crystal ,, after that go to venam and yu will see event were she talks and tells you to change the mood etc, after she done talking go back were the ??? guy was and exit the cave, then re-enter the cave and go change the place to ice and only then return to venam, this trick should work I hope^^

Also if it works you may tell me how amazing I am :P

Worked like a charm! Thank you amazing one =p

2 minutes ago, SirSwagsire said:

Worked like a charm! Thank you amazing one =p

! little thing more sir swag qhen you fight the kyogre make sure your standing in the middle I think cuz when I fought it on the left side , after I beat it I got stuck . :)

Bugs with Dr Jenkel's experiment:

1.) Goldenwood Forest Event

A.) On my first attempt, Zetta had three Pokemon. A Sneasel, Alolan Grimer (Shadow Pokemon) and I don't remember the third one. But, the second time he had four Pokemon. A Type:Null, Sneasel, Weezing (level 14) and Marill. I don't think his lineup is supposed to change.

B.) No one has Shadow Pokemon after the first attempt (unlike the other events, which always have Shadow Pokemon.)

2.) Amethyst Cave Event

A.) After the first try, the first Xen Grunt thinks she's already lost to you. Thus, you can't re-battle her no matter how many times you revisit this event.

3.) Caratos Mountain Event

A.) The second Drone disappears after its first defeat. Thus, he is not there no matter how many times you revisit this event.

Edited by Animefan666

On the first floor (not to be confused with the ground floor) of the Emerald Building in Gearen, the man in the bottom left corner will ask to battle to pass the time. You have a choice of yes or no, but he will NOT take no for an answer. He just keeps asking...

• Developers

When going with Aelita through Carotos Mountain we encountered a Nosepass. Just once at the end so I wanted to catch it. There are two bugs that prevented me from doing so:

1) When I selected a pokeball to through I could not select a target - the pokeball was thrown at Sandshrew automatically, I could not whrow it at the Nosepass.

2) Well I thought I would just catch both then. Unfortunately the battle ended when the Sandshrew was caught despite the Nosepass being still at full HP.

Next there is an AI issue. When battling Keta, his Machoke kept using Counter against my Voltorb like 5 times in a row. He never used anything else, just Counter or Super Potion. This sounds buggy considering that Voltorb didn't even have any physical attacks. The Super Potions actually helped me because Voltorb was able to use more Charge Beams.