V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

10 minutes ago, baldr said:

When going with Aelita through Carotos Mountain we encountered a Nosepass. Just once at the end so I wanted to catch it. There are two bugs that prevented me from doing so:

1) When I selected a pokeball to through I could not select a target - the pokeball was thrown at Sandshrew automatically, I could not whrow it at the Nosepass.

2) Well I thought I would just catch both then. Unfortunately the battle ended when the Sandshrew was caught despite the Nosepass being still at full HP.

1.) I don't think you get to choose a target when in a wild double battle. You must eliminate the one you don't want and then try to catch it.

2.) Wild encounters end when a Pokemon is caught. This includes double battles even if the other Pokemon is still fighting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
1 hour ago, Animefan666 said:

1.) I don't think you get to choose a target when in a wild double battle. You must eliminate the one you don't want and then try to catch it.

2.) Wild encounters end when a Pokemon is caught. This includes double battles even if the other Pokemon is still fighting.

Why do you make it sound like a feature? This is clearly now how it should work, regardless that it currently does.

Anyway another two bugs:

1) When a Shadow pokemon is purified it gains some levels but does not learn the moves is should have learned at the leveles between. I just purified lvl20 Salandite, it got to lvl 32 and learned Nasty Plot. However Double Slap (level 21), Flame Burst (level 24) and Toxic (level 29) were all skipped. This is not how it worked in Colosseum and XD where shadow pokes were first introduced.

2) Story-wise shadow pokemon purification should only be available in Sheridan after clearing Carotos Mountain. It is however available much earlier in Gearen City in Dr. Jenkel's Lab (the right-most tube which is shorter than the others is a purification machine).

Edited by baldr

• Developers
4 hours ago, baldr said:

Why do you make it sound like a feature? This is clearly now how it should work, regardless that it currently does.

Anyway another two bugs:

1) When a Shadow pokemon is purified it gains some levels but does not learn the moves is should have learned at the leveles between. I just purified lvl20 Salandite, it got to lvl 32 and learned Nasty Plot. However Double Slap (level 21), Flame Burst (level 24) and Toxic (level 29) were all skipped. This is not how it worked in Colosseum and XD where shadow pokes were first introduced.

2) Story-wise shadow pokemon purification should only be available in Sheridan after clearing Carotos Mountain. It is however available much earlier in Gearen City in Dr. Jenkel's Lab (the right-most tube which is shorter than the others is a purification machine).

They are actually correct. Even in main games you must defeat one before catching the other. The fact that you were even able to throw a pokeball in a double battle is the real bug itself.

1.) Noted. Thanks!

2.) Yes, I'm aware. I put it there after all, though it's not working as intended. It's only supposed to purify once every 24 hours. 

Having the same issue a lot of people seem to be having. V9, stuck in Black Steeple cell after playing as Emma and talking to Aelita. I assume we are meant to mine through this crumbling rock wall in our cell, but we have no mining kit yet. Is there any work around for this or do we just have to wait until it's patched?

• Developers
14 minutes ago, aetrh said:

Having the same issue a lot of people seem to be having. V9, stuck in Black Steeple cell after playing as Emma and talking to Aelita. I assume we are meant to mine through this crumbling rock wall in our cell, but we have no mining kit yet. Is there any work around for this or do we just have to wait until it's patched?

If you download the latest patch it will be fixed for you. 

• Developers

Another bug, this time in a battle. My Electrode was about to be hit with opponent's Future Sight attack and the game threw this error. Not sure if it's relevant but I had active Light Screen at the time.

---------------------------
Pokemon Rejuvenation
Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_Move:3593:in `pbReduceHPDamage'

PokeBattle_Battle:5011:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4991:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:4991:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4127:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:4126:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:4126:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:4110:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle:4131:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Edited by baldr

Just now, baldr said:

Another bug, this time in a battle. My Electrode was about to be hit with opponent's Future Sight attack and the game threw this error. Not sure if it's relevant but I had active Lght Screen at the time.

Pokemon Rejuvenation
Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_Move:3593:in `pbReduceHPDamage'

PokeBattle_Battle:5011:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4991:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:4991:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:4127:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:4126:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:4126:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:4110:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle:4131:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This bug is known already. Make sure to check the Bug List in the OP before posting.

• Developers
1 minute ago, Animefan666 said:

This bug is known already. Make sure to check the Bug List in the OP before posting.

I see. Sorry, I'll make sure to check the list the next time.

On 6/2/2017 at 2:18 PM, Jan said:

28.) Mining game crashing at random points.

I don't think it's random. It seems to only crash when a Z-Crystal is unearthed (probably because Bugnium-Z is the only one available atm.

• Developers
16 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

I don't think it's random. It seems to only crash when a Z-Crystal is unearthed (probably because Bugnium-Z is the only one available atm.

It's not random yeah, but it's not unearthing crystals. It's unearthing an item that wasn't meant to be in the game yet. Which is why it's a white box when dug up. 

• Developers

Another thing. When I'm with Marianette looking for the three souls we can leave the mansion. Story-wise I expeced it to be locked? Marianette follows me anywhere so I took her to Sheridan Village. There I talked to her and the game crashed with this:

Script 'Interpreter' line 517: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'unlock' for nil:NilClass

The known bugs mention ' Talking to Maria after saving Luca can sometimes crash the game. ' - it might be the same bug but I'm not sure - I didn't save Luka yet after all.

• Developers
1 minute ago, baldr said:

Another thing. When I'm with Marianette looking for the three souls we can leave the mansion. Story-wise I expeced it to be locked? Marianette follows me anywhere so I took her to Sheridan Village. There I talked to her and the game crashed with this:

Script 'Interpreter' line 517: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'unlock' for nil:NilClass

The known bugs mention ' Talking to Maria after saving Luca can sometimes crash the game. ' - it might be the same bug but I'm not sure - I didn't save Luka yet after all.

It's not supposed to be open. Dependent events crash when speaking to them on a map that doesn't have their id present. After Luca you basically get a "second" maria and her id wasn't located on any of the maps. Which caused that crash and the crash you got. 

• Developers
5 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

I used the Item Finder on top of Chrysolia Hotel and it says their's one at the center. The problem? Their's a fountain on top of it...

it's on the side of the fountain.

Surf permission error outside Sheridan Gym for this space and the space below me (the possibility of Land Sharks becoming a thing is frighteningly increasing)

Pi2RjHh.png

Edited by Animefan666

• Developers
8 minutes ago, Rabbna said:

These water tiles (the one the MC is in front of) are unpassable

Hide contents

how do i insert pics to the post?

capture062.bmp

This is caused by the route 11 rocks being missing, which is already fixed in the latest patch. I recommend downloading it.

6 minutes ago, MumpsLumps said:

Hey, I'm Keta's house in Sheridan village. I think I'm supposed to talk to the hooded man in the middle of the room but he's not budging. Not sure what else to do as far as story goes. If it is a bug could someone help?

Game.rxdata

This is not the save file troubleshooting thread. This has been reported (many times) already. I recommend reading the bug list and downloading the latest patch before reporting errors. Regardless, You can put your save file in this thread and it will be fixed as soon as possible. 

• Global Mods

So, just wondering, is Rorrim B. going to be getting his theme music back. I just had the second fight with him and.....it just.....it just doesn't feel right Q__Q

13 minutes ago, MumpsLumps said:

sorry didn't know. where do I download the patch? I have trouble navigating the website.

First post on the thread.  There are two links if one doesn't work.  Unzip and replace the files in the main folder.  

This is the bug reporting thread, so these questions should probably be asked on the main thread.  Just telling you for next time. ;) 

Edited by seki108

I don't know if this was reported or not but you know in west gearen we have to move the jigglypuff to sing all over town, well after a full circle and we get to original place , I make it sing and all of a sudden I'm super fast like I got speed hack on or something I go to to girl in the house who is also hyperactive talk to her etc I go get the data drive but I still remain fast after all that. How do I return to normal jan?

Hmm wel I restarted and did the jiggly singing thing again and this time the hyperactive girl was slower , don't know what happened the first time.

Edited by PMDrax