Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

2 hours ago, Screenslaver said:

please tell us how to get the sandbox mod to work

Go to this post and download the E19 version. Open the zip and merge the "Data" directory inside of the zip with the "Data" directory in the game folder. Load up the game and check the PC in the Grand Hall. There should be an option for "Sandbox Mode". If it's not there, make sure you put the files in the correct place.

Edited by Autumnine
added link to post containing E19 version

On 4/17/2022 at 3:23 PM, Waynolt said:

If, not when, sorry... it could be made usable in E19, but there's a lot of new stuff in E19 and I honestly don't really have the will nor time to add all of that to the Sandbox.
Maybe @DerxwnaKapsyla would?
Anyway, here's a version of the Sandbox that at least shouldn't instacrash if used in Reborn E19...
Sandbox_E19_v2.zip

I still need to beat E19 before I could even consider full updating/recreating Sandbox to E19.

But even then, I have a full time job, so my time is basically gone. I can try and look into it eventually, but I make no promises at all.

Besides! The spot where I put the Sandbox NPC is taken by another NPC! I'll have to find another spot for it!!!!

On 4/17/2022 at 6:23 PM, Waynolt said:

If, not when, sorry... it could be made usable in E19, but there's a lot of new stuff in E19 and I honestly don't really have the will nor time to add all of that to the Sandbox.
Maybe @DerxwnaKapsyla would?
Anyway, here's a version of the Sandbox that at least shouldn't instacrash if used in Reborn E19...
Sandbox_E19_v2.zip

Hello, sorry to bother you. it seems there is a bug where none of the move tutors recognize the shards in your inventory. is there a way to fix it? @Waynolt

On 4/24/2022 at 5:11 AM, PokemansChimp123 said:

The move tutors are not detecting the shards in my bag in the mod. Is there a fix?

I believe the move tutors take cash, at least outside of the sandbox mode. That may be the issue.

I've also noticed it stops Unreal Time. It's not urgent by any stretch, but I'd thought I'd say it

@waynolt

4 hours ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

I've also noticed it stops Unreal Time. It's not urgent by any stretch, but I'd thought I'd say it

@waynolt

That's odd... in what sense it stops Unreal Time?
Time stops flowing permanently?
Time stops for a while then resumes?
Time stops while in the sandbox, then catches up when you leave?
It reverts to system time?

1 hour ago, DarkLugiaX said:

It wouldn't be impossible for the creator to add a toggle on/off for walking through walls, would it?

Yes, but probably won't happen...
The Reborn dev team explicitely asked not to help players skip puzzles and parts of the game, because it's in testing phase and puzzles should be tested too.
Also, skipping parts of the game might break events and activators, thus making the devs waste time chasing down bugs that are not actually in the game.

I like to see this as a sort of self-authorizing problem: if you know enough about coding and about the game to be able to edit this in yourself, then you can be trusted to not report as bugs any problem that you actually caused yourself with the edit.

5 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Yes, but probably won't happen...
The Reborn dev team explicitely asked not to help players skip puzzles and parts of the game, because it's in testing phase and puzzles should be tested too.
Also, skipping parts of the game might break events and activators, thus making the devs waste time chasing down bugs that are not actually in the game.

I like to see this as a sort of self-authorizing problem: if you know enough about coding and about the game to be able to edit this in yourself, then you can be trusted to not report as bugs any problem that you actually caused yourself with the edit.

Understandable, just been going crazy from this Dialga/Palkia quest. It's making me insane! I can't find some of the rooms with the limited amount you can walk/run. Need help!

10 hours ago, Waynolt said:

That's odd... in what sense it stops Unreal Time?
Time stops flowing permanently?
Time stops for a while then resumes?
Time stops while in the sandbox, then catches up when you leave?
It reverts to system time?

It reverts to system time no matter what. It's not your other mods- I checked.

I'm having a problem with the shard tutors too. They say I don't have shards. They worked fine in my first save that was already done with Ep18 but I just started a new save and now they don't accept the shards. Did that change in ep19 that they're cash now or is this really a bug

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1

I have no issues with the unreal time thing, I think that person just didn't go into the options menu and actually turn it on...

shards I can kind of live without since most other functions work pretty well, but is there a relatively easy way to patch it so that if you use the "fill box" option, it only fills the first 807? its pulling gen 8 pokemon too, which aren't in the game so its a bunch of eggs that just crash the game anytime you mouse over them (also it fills the pokedex too, but that doesn't crash unless you try to read the entry) 

5 hours ago, Ravenleaf182 said:

shards I can kind of live without since most other functions work pretty well, but is there a relatively easy way to patch it so that if you use the "fill box" option, it only fills the first 807? its pulling gen 8 pokemon too, which aren't in the game so its a bunch of eggs that just crash the game anytime you mouse over them (also it fills the pokedex too, but that doesn't crash unless you try to read the entry) 

Sadly both the fill boxes and shards bugs have to be fixed by editing the map file.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Sadly both the fill boxes and shards bugs have to be fixed by editing the map file.

bummer, thanks for all your help anyway. I at least get to have fun starting with my more-or-less favorite ice team, which is already a massive advantage all things considered, so this mod is still greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you've done anyway o/

16 hours ago, Ravenleaf182 said:

I have no issues with the unreal time thing, I think that person just didn't go into the options menu and actually turn it on...

It was a setting- one I hadn't known existed. It was on before, though, which is why I thought it was a mod issue.

• Like 1