Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

1 hour ago, Otaku Jones said:

How do I install this? I am a bit confused. Does my Reborn save data go in the Sandbox folder? Or do I copy over the sandbox data folder to my reborn folder?

You have to copy the sandbox folder into the reborn data folder where the maps and mods are.  You don't have to move your save file anywhere.  You'll know you've installed it correctly if you can access it from the PC in the Grand Hall.

15 minutes ago, Fayt_Bouleouve said:

You have to copy the sandbox folder into the reborn data folder where the maps and mods are.  You don't have to move your save file anywhere.  You'll know you've installed it correctly if you can access it from the PC in the Grand Hall.

So do I just move the Sandbox Data folder? And Do I copy the Data folder into the Reborn data folder? And where are the mods located?

15 hours ago, Otaku Jones said:

So do I just move the Sandbox Data folder? And Do I copy the Data folder into the Reborn data folder? And where are the mods located?

If you open the sandbox folder you should see a folder called data.  Copy that and paste it into your reborn game files.  If you open it up, the data folder should have the map-05.rxdata file on top of all the other map files (assuming your files are alphabetically sorted).  The mods folder should be in the data folder as well with the sandbox mod inside it already.  Any other mods you install into reborn, like the SWM modpack, should be put into this folder if you want them to work.  Simply look and see what folders share the same name, and copy the files inside over into same named reborn folders.

I really hope we get a full EP19 version of Sandbox Mode soon. I've been looking around the forum a little, and there are quite a lot of people asking for debug mode. At least some of the things people would want to use debug for, like generating mons, teaching them certain moves, or giving yourself certain items, are covered by Sandbox.

And then there are these people who just want to walk through walls and skip content.....

Not trying to sound hostile or anything, but people who have no idea what they are doing (and face it: it's very likely you DON'T know what you're doing, if you can't even get into debug mode without asking for help), shouldn't mess around with debug mode in the first place.

That aside, i have a question for you, @DerxwnaKapsyla. Is it possible to add an NPC to Sandbox Mode that can change a Pokémon's gender, or make them switch between being a shiny or regular mon?

28 minutes ago, Fayt_Bouleouve said:

If you open the sandbox folder you should see a folder called data.  Copy that and paste it into your reborn game files.  If you open it up, the data folder should have the map-05.rxdata file on top of all the other map files (assuming your files are alphabetically sorted).  The mods folder should be in the data folder as well with the sandbox mod inside it already.  Any other mods you install into reborn, like the SWM modpack, should be put into this folder if you want them to work.  Simply look and see what folders share the same name, and copy the files inside over into same named reborn folders.

Ahh thank you. I figured out I had the wrong download. This worked. Thanks for being patient with me. 

21 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I really hope we get a full EP19 version of Sandbox Mode soon. I've been looking around the forum a little, and there are quite a lot of people asking for debug mode. At least some of the things people would want to use debug for, like generating mons, teaching them certain moves, or giving yourself certain items, are covered by Sandbox.

And then there are these people who just want to walk through walls and skip content.....

Not trying to sound hostile or anything, but people who have no idea what they are doing (and face it: it's very likely you DON'T know what you're doing, if you can't even get into debug mode without asking for help), shouldn't mess around with debug mode in the first place.

That aside, i have a question for you, @DerxwnaKapsyla. Is it possible to add an NPC to Sandbox Mode that can change a Pokémon's gender, or make them switch between being a shiny or regular mon?

I'm looking into releasing closed testing builds of Sandbox for the purpose of breaking the game so I can find things that need fixing. We probably won't release until the full release of e19, or until I'm absolutely comfortable with the state of affairs. Some new things are coming, please look forward to it!

It's definitely possible. I haven't looked into it, but you can already do it with debug options. If I just bound those functions to an NPC, it's doable. Whether or not I can (or will), is an entirely different story.

2 hours ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

It's definitely possible. I haven't looked into it, but you can already do it with debug options. If I just bound those functions to an NPC, it's doable. Whether or not I can (or will), is an entirely different story.

I'd rather see these options on an NPC than using debug mode. I would certainly be able to just debug mode these changes for myself, without accidentally screwing up my save file, but i'd rather avoid the temptation of messing with the data just because i can. (which i know i'll do if i'm bored.....already corrupted like 5 or 6 EP19 save files i was messing around with just for the fun of it....)

17 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I'd rather see these options on an NPC than using debug mode. I would certainly be able to just debug mode these changes for myself, without accidentally screwing up my save file, but i'd rather avoid the temptation of messing with the data just because i can. (which i know i'll do if i'm bored.....already corrupted like 5 or 6 EP19 save files i was messing around with just for the fun of it....)

It is something I will consider, since there are a few things that still need fixing!

You all(?) asked for it, so here you go! The IV modifier has been turned into "The Geneticist", and they'll modify your Pokemon to its very fundamental levels.

Though, there are a few things I need to remove from this menu. Namely, the Shadow Pokemon option, which actually breaks the game because Shadow Moves don't exist.

https://i.imgur.com/NRXeO68.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

Though, there are a few things I need to remove from this menu.

This is just my opinion, but you should also remove the ability to change species and form. Some players might be prone to try and give themselves Pokémon they're not supposed to have, like those Mons that are exclusive to certain story related encounters. And that might break the game.

Unless you can find a way that allows them to change species and form, but doesn't let them change into aforementioned exclusive Mons.

As for Mons that actually change forms by nature, like Deoxys, Rotom, Kyurem, Zygarde or whatever, there is already stuff in the sandbox for them to change into all their forms players should be able to obtain.

23 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

This is just my opinion, but you should also remove the ability to change species and form. Some players might be prone to try and give themselves Pokémon they're not supposed to have, like those Mons that are exclusive to certain story related encounters. And that might break the game.

Unless you can find a way that allows them to change species and form, but doesn't let them change into aforementioned exclusive Mons.

As for Mons that actually change forms by nature, like Deoxys, Rotom, Kyurem, Zygarde or whatever, there is already stuff in the sandbox for them to change into all their forms players should be able to obtain.

We've got this handled internally currently, so when everything is dont you won't need to worry about that!

10 hours ago, TwilightCoda said:

Do you have a link to the latest version?

Not yet, but soon!

• Like 1

I ran into something interesting just now.  If you have downloaded the 19.12 patch and merged the files into the beta run files, not the new 19.12 download link but from the remote link in the readme, the options to get any pokemon and get all pokemon from the mod nets you access to pokemon locked in Rejuvenation and Desolation.  The files in scripts are separated, but the fact still stands I can get any non reborn pokemon.  I can access it, but seeing any sprite of it, PC, summary, or otherwise, crashes the game immediately.

16 hours ago, Fayt_Bouleouve said:

I ran into something interesting just now.  If you have downloaded the 19.12 patch and merged the files into the beta run files, not the new 19.12 download link but from the remote link in the readme, the options to get any pokemon and get all pokemon from the mod nets you access to pokemon locked in Rejuvenation and Desolation.  The files in scripts are separated, but the fact still stands I can get any non reborn pokemon.  I can access it, but seeing any sprite of it, PC, summary, or otherwise, crashes the game immediately.

This has been a bug since e19 came out, even in closed testing. It's fixed in my build, and will be distributed Eventually:tm:.

37 minutes ago, SilverSeraph said:

I really don't wanna ask this but i am not sure if this was asked before and its pain to scroll through 21 pages of replies. But is it possible to add this on current save file ?or does adding the mod wipes my save? Cause i really don't want to start again?

It doesn't wipe anything :)

Not sure what you did wrong, but i just started my game and tested it. It works for me, well, excluding the few features (like move tutors) that haven't been working properly since Ep19.

And i am absolutely sure that i am running the latest version, which at the time of this post is 19.14

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

Not sure what you did wrong, but i just started my game and tested it. It works for me, well, excluding the few features (like move tutors) that haven't been working properly since Ep19.

And i am absolutely sure that i am running the latest version, which at the time of this post is 19.14

redownloading it fixed it for me so shrug