Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

8 hours ago, KING07 said:

will you be updating this mod for episode 19? 

On 4/17/2022 at 5:23 PM, Waynolt said:

If, not when, sorry... it could be made usable in E19, but there's a lot of new stuff in E19 and I honestly don't really have the will nor time to add all of that to the Sandbox.
Maybe @DerxwnaKapsyla would?
Anyway, here's a version of the Sandbox that at least shouldn't instacrash if used in Reborn E19...
Sandbox_E19_v2.zip

• Like 1

(E19 Spoilers Ahead)

Abra!

Kadbra!

And Alolomola!

Spoiler

jPNEkeR.gif

Your move tutors are now one fix more amazing!

And by that I mean they're fixed. They were broken because the way tutors were handled in E19 changed. Simple fix of just copying the existing events and putting them in the Sandbox.

Also fixed: Gen 8 Pokemon showing up in the Pokemon Generator. I'm sending @Waynolt my changes so he can push them all together. I don't know what all is still broken as I haven't finished post game yet.

• Like 5

I'm "around" in the sense that I've been away from the community for the past several years aside because real life has been really busy and demanding, but I've been keeping tabs on Reborn's releases. As for "abandoned entirely", see above- while I'd like to work on it consistently, it's very difficult when my free time is slaughtered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

I'm "around" in the sense that I've been away from the community for the past several years aside because real life has been really busy and demanding, but I've been keeping tabs on Reborn's releases. As for "abandoned entirely", see above- while I'd like to work on it consistently, it's very difficult when my free time is slaughtered.

And yet you managed to take the time to update the map files to fix the move tutors. I think that should be appreciated.

A quick-ish and easy fix! But yeah, you have a point, haha. Hopefully once public release comes around we can speed through the remainder of fixes, because my attempts to get the internal names of items failed me, whoops!

To be honest, while i would like to experiment around with sandbox mode and Ep19 a little more, i think i can wait for the community open beta to end before i go off the deep end of trying to break the game by creating overpowered monstrosities that could overpower even a "fullevs" password powered playthrough...

or i'll just go off the deep end right now by combining the passwords nuzlocke, fullevs (max IV and EV on all stats for all opponents), 0ivs (0 IVs for all my mons), stopgains (0EV gains for my mons) and 0exp (my mons can't earn any exp)....

yeah, sounds totally like something any sane person would do....

Well, for those of you on discord, I posted a brief status update, so I'll cross post the gist of it here; all the vendors now have the items relevant to them that were added in e19, plus a few tweaks here and there.

We still aren't done, as the next step of my master plan involves updating the ev trainers into one ev trainer, because the ev hold items are super strong and with 1 battle against 6 pokenon you can get 192 evs in a single stat. EV grinding has never been easier.

• Like 1

curious about something, Magearna true colors is kind of a separate thing from shiny, is there a way she gets the same thing like "aloan" choice, except for original colors instead of her standard? (I guess I'm just wondering if its possible, like does reborn even have the true color pallet for Magearna at all)

As far as i know Magearnas "original color" is not in Reborn. Howerer, the Reborn shiny version of default Magearna is the same color as "original color" shiny.

And if you really prefer the "original color" pattern, you may as well edit the sprite, or ask nicely if someone could do that for you. I wouldn't be surprised if someone already did the work for private use and would be willing to share.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

As far as i know Magearnas "original color" is not in Reborn. Howerer, the Reborn shiny version of default Magearna is the same color as "original color" shiny.

And if you really prefer the "original color" pattern, you may as well edit the sprite, or ask nicely if someone could do that for you. I wouldn't be surprised if someone already did the work for private use and would be willing to share.

neat, I was wondering if it was even in it, thanks for letting me know ^_^ I could try to not be a bum and try to see if I can find a way to edit the original color.

11 hours ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

Well, for those of you on discord, I posted a brief status update, so I'll cross post the gist of it here; all the vendors now have the items relevant to them that were added in e19, plus a few tweaks here and there.

We still aren't done, as the next step of my master plan involves updating the ev trainers into one ev trainer, because the ev hold items are super strong and with 1 battle against 6 pokenon you can get 192 evs in a single stat. EV grinding has never been easier.

Where's the discord link

- It would be nice if there was another npc that gave the mon all stats 31 IVs in one go along with the existing npc that asks for what IV value to give repeatedly till all stats are covered.

-A npc that teaches egg moves to mons would be cool too.

Well, considering it's possible to change gender and shiny status in debug, i think it stands to reason that it should be possible to add these options to an NPC. And that would be a great benefit for everyone who has no clue about debug mode and is afraid to accidentally f up their game by messing with the wrong options.

But given how many things changed in Ep19, i guess there is still a lot to do before the complete sandbox mode Ep19 update is being released XD The fact that there has been no further update yet is proof enough that this isn't just a quick 5 minute job.

1 hour ago, Forgotten said:

how do i remove the sandbox mode if i wanna play online? when i try to go online the game wont let me because of the sandbox mode

You simply remove the files of the mod from your game folder.

If you play online a lot, but don't want to remove the mod every time, i would advise you to create a copy of your game in a separate folder, put sandbox mode there and use it for it's features whenever you need it.

That's how i am handling it at least,

You better wait for them to fix this, as they know what they're doing there...

Also, while we are talking about npcs that should be added: Since Hidden Power is no longer determined by IVs in Ep19, and there is an NPC at Agate Circus that can change the type of Hidden Power your mon uses, could you add that NPC to the Sandbox mod as well? @DerxwnaKapsyla

2 hours ago, ShockerIsMe said:

Any way to manually try and fix the move tutors or should I just wait for Waynolt and/or Derx?

That's done in the current development build. Perhaps I should release a quick and dirty version that has some of the immediate fixes.

11 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

You better wait for them to fix this, as they know what they're doing there...

Also, while we are talking about npcs that should be added: Since Hidden Power is no longer determined by IVs in Ep19, and there is an NPC at Agate Circus that can change the type of Hidden Power your mon uses, could you add that NPC to the Sandbox mod as well? @DerxwnaKapsyla

That's the plan! I've also updated the Psychologist to use the one present in 7th Street currently, as it now handles nature selection manually instead of randomly (like it used to).

Well, that's nice to hear. And what do you mean "quick and dirty" version?

Something like fixed move tutors, added ep19 items, new psychologist and hidden power npc, but the other planed changes still in the works and therefor not implemented?