[IC] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

"I think she's red...because she thinks someone might have seen...under her skirt..." Shaun said. "I don't think anyone did though..."

Shaun seemed to drift off to sleep, then come back a moment later.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edmund stared at Chloe for a bit, he wasn't checking her out or anything, but he was simply trying to figure out if she was floating without any visible effort, and he finally said "You know, I had a grandfather who would have killed to be able to float like that".

After hearing Hearthstone's implausible words he looked at the man for a moment and said in as sarcastic of a tone he could manage "No don't listen to the colonist. the lady seems to have spontaneously developed one after being near you, it is a well known fact that women develop fevers after having a British man worry about them, this is why we all have stiff upper lips, to prevent our women from having fevers".

"Is it a natural thing to turn red if you think someone sees under your skirt?" William asks inquisitively. He is genuinely curious to why this phenomenon happens. "I was raised at home, so I'm not too informed about outside world shenanigans."

Chloe kind of ducked away from William's hand, and she would have spoken, but then Shaun threw out his own theory. Well, if Chloe was blushing crimson before, now she was practically infrared, the Hawaiian's entire face turning red after Shaun's suggestion, and she immediately sent her hands upwards to cover her face in her embarrassment. "Aaaah, I didn't even consider that possibility, whyyyy?" She moved one of her hands down to instinctively smooth her skirt (even though it hadn't really been particularly ruffled), and then keep it held down, but she let her other hand stick on her face in a facepalm.

To this Edmund could only respond with a visible facepalm, after a while he said "Yes it is as natural as breathing or walking or developing sapience sometime around the age of 5". After saying those parting words he left off with a huff and gave the sleepy man a firm and energetic handshake while also saying "The name's Blackadder, make sure to remember it as I will surely remember yours".

As an afterthought he turned a bit to face Chloe and said "I am pretty sure that no one would look up your skirt here, for we are all gentlemen and anyone looking up a woman's skirt either did not mean to, or is about to have someone talk rather sternly to them about morality".

Edited by Cronos5010

"I still don't quite fully grasp why that happens, but I'll have to make do with what you're telling me. I'll probably learn more things I haven't known or heard about in the coming days." William tells the group with a seemingly serious expression. "I am looking forward after all to learning new things from this university and being able to make friends while I'm at it."

He turns to Chloe, who appears to be embarrassed, "So, I guess you're fine, then. Well, no one would look under your skirt since that's a pretty rude gesture. If anyone does so, then I'll try my best to protect you from those kinds of people. I was taught by my father to be a gentleman, at least."

Edmund almost rolled his eyes as he heard Hearthstone's statement, before finally saying "I believe that your sentiment, while admittedly quite cute is presumably not necessary, and any further attempts at continuing your train of thought and saying them out loud to her may simply result in further embarrassment and I don't really have the time or interest to perform a comedy act right now.".

He gingerly picks up his guitar from Chloe and apologizes by saying "Yeah that happens, sorry about that, I'll buy you some....you people from the colonies prefer coffee right? I'll buy you some when we get in, and again, sorry".

After he while he walked towards the presumably amused man in the ponchos and stops trying to resist the urge to pat the person on the head before saying "My name is Blackadder, remember it as I will surely remember yours....which is?".

Edited by Cronos5010

"I don't honestly fully grasp what you're saying, but I suppose I'll stop this train of thought." William replies to Edmund's sentiments. He is rather curious, on why things run like this in the outside world. These kinds of experiences were new to him, of course, since he spent most of his life at home with only his family and tutors to interact with him. He moves towards Chloe and begins speaking politely, "If I made you feel uncomfortable, I apologize for it. I hope we can still get along." He flashes a small smile at her to ease her tension.

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

Edmund's British Gentleman senses were tingling as he slowly but surely walked away from Chloe and everyone else, it wasn't because he did not enjoy the conversation, but he felt that it had run its course by this point.

He was humming a song about a man begging for him to be able to get what he wanted as he walked towards the shady spot he found leaning against the wall earlier.

Idunn rather loudly clears her throat to try to change the conversation.

"So, what do you all think we will be taught here? I hope there are some that involve contests of arms! It has been too long, gymnastics and rugby training are insufficient for me."

"Given who's supposed to be going here I'd think that it's more likely that there aren't modern sports. That said, I do hope there's some opportunity to try out full contact European martial arts. Partly because from what I've read getting the proper preperations for subduing people like us is hard with most modern weaponry. And partly because I've only trained with humans who understandable can't just get limbs sown back on."

Rocky looks up from the book he's reading. It seems to be a pocket bible given the cross on the front.

"I'm rather interested in learning more magic spells, the kinds that are complex and hard to execute, yet pose a good deal of usefulness for me. I'd also like to learn about the history of magic and supernatural conditions." William turns to Idunn and answers gleefully, his face being largely more cheerful.

They turned to face Polly, “...Half ghost? How does that work? I’ve met a few ghosts working in the facility I grew up in, but they’re usually dead! I’m a…. Uh, I guess the easiest way to say it is that I’m a mass of extraterrestrial nanobots,” Omni said, “The extraterrestrial part is why they sent me here. To be honest I don’t remember anything about life beyond this planet, 
Though. My caretakers are hoping that if I learned some xenobiology and spent some time with other people, my memories might come back.”

“W-well, it’s better to be covered up than not, though! I was told that people ignore me more like this rather than when they notice I’m slightly translucent,” Omni replied to Blackadder, their hand placed on their chin, “I was told that theoretically, my kind should be good at blending in, though…”

Omni looked unsure about the werewolf removing his beanie, but the parka had been making him uncomfortable, so they figured they might as well follow his example. The plasticky coat receded up their neck, revealing itself to have been part of Omni all along. Despite what the slime person’s lack of confidence, the person below the coat was pretty human-looking, with blue hair. They were in a rather utilitarian grey t-shirt, and jeans. They were now barefoot too, so the boots must’ve been part of them as well. “Um, I suppose I should still keep my skin color…”

• Support Squad

Polly tried to frown and smile at the same time. "Well, how do I explain it... I think I'm, like, the baby of a living woman and a ghost. Like a thought baby? I don't know, never really had to think about it too hard beyond the fact that I can slip through things." She didn't have much of an explanation but she was far more interested in the blatant alien in the yellow parka. "But that's not really interesting I guess. You're a mass of nanobots though? Does that mean you can take, like, whatever shape you want? Like, I'm sure it must be tough not having many memories but i'm sure plenty of people in the world have amnesia, not many can become one long line of a person. Inconspicuous or not that's really cool!"

After a whole minute of waiting, it becomes clear that Seong could not muster enough confidence to answer Zoren's question. "Well, we'll know the answer one way or another," he moves his eyes from the boy, noticing that a few other people have arrived. He zips the bag up again and stands up.

"We're supposed to learn how to integrate to human society here. In regards to abilities, we're probably going to be learning how to suppress them here. After all, they want us to change in order to integrate, rather than getting humans to change their opinions on us," he answers the tall woman's question, "I hope that suppression is not the only thing we're getting from here. That'd be boring... and somewhat meaningless." 

“A human female and a ghost? But they can’t be biologically compatible… how would that even-” Omni noticed that they were starting to flow a little, which would have been fine, but only inside the gate, so they went back to concentrating on looking human instead of thinking about ghosts bustin'.

“Well! From the tests they have done, I can assimilate a wide range of matter and simulate most elemental properties…. Except mass, of course. I’m also theoretically able to turn invisible but I have never managed that! I can sort of get pretty clear and blur my outlines, though… My caretakers used to be worried about me possibly impersonating someone and escaping containment, but by the time I gained human level intelligence I was legally allowed to leave if I wanted, anyways… So I never really developed my ability to shapeshift much except to maintain my default form!”

Edited by Cinder99

Blackadder stops humming the little tune and walking away after hearing the tall and commanding lady ask her question, and he stops to examine her for a moment. For some odd reason a part of him thinks that she would look good in full plate armor, furs, and charging on horseback with some warrior's weapon like a spear in one hand, and either a large shield or a free hand with which to choke someone to death on the other.

But after a while he realizes that he has spent a while checking a woman out and he says "Chemistry. Wizardly studies are all well and good, but there is a lot to learn from the field of chemistry, that and it's less boring than physics, especially since let's face it, I'm going to flip a middle finger to it quite often."

"Well...I hope we learn basic things like maths and history too...because my last school...they didn't have good courses..." Or did he sleep through them all? At this point, he just wanted somewhere where no-one would be able to recognise him...and maybe someplace where he could sleep unharassed. He scratched up all his savings to enter the Academy, so he was banking on this place giving him a brave new start. These new people looked good blokes though...

"So...if you're cloud...then where's the brain...?" He inquired the nanobot cloud called Onni. Or Omni. He couldn't remember. Out of curiosity, he pokes the cloud's side.

• Support Squad

"Well, there's always time to learn." Polly assured Omni. "I bet your kind of invisibility is better than mine. It only happens with me when I start phasing through things, which isn't very pleasant. For one thing I can't breathe if I'm inside something, no air, ya know? First time it happened I freaked out so bad." Polly was starting to relax now she was having a proper conversation and her smile showed it, relaxing more and showing less teeth. "So do you have any idea what you want to study here or are you just going to take any course you can?"

Upon poking Omni one would find that he was pretty solid. In fact, more solid than a human. It was like poking a rock that breathes. “In the same location humans keep them, silly! Well, I don’t need a brain, but it’s much more efficient for me to keep my memories and processing stored in a single place, so that I still function correctly even if I lost some of, uh, my limbs. Of course, it'd be inconvenient if my head was damaged in any way, so I keep backups of myself spread throughout my body that will go active if my head doesn't keep signaling to them,” Omni seemed nervous on the thought of dismemberment, despite being a being that technically was a network of loosely interconnected machines anyways.

“I think I’d be learning mostly biology! Technically, I had to redesign myself from the ground up, so it wouldn’t hurt to compare how well I did to nature itself,” Omni thought for a bit, “I was also told that shapeshifters tend to make good soldiers, plus there’s my camouflaging abilities… so I might learn how to fight. I personally don’t like hurting anyone, though… Oh! And preliminary tests said that I can use magic, somehow. It doesn’t come easily, of course, but I can work like a magical artifice if a wizard take the time to enchant me, so magic might be something I might learn too.”

"Oh...that's interesting..." he said. "So a solid cloud...that is like a human...and can regenerate limbs..." He does get interested in magic though.

"Well...it would be cool if we learn magic..." 

That means I get to control fire... and water... and...wait.

If magic can make me invisible...

Then...

Then...

INVISIBLE NAPS

Shaun's eyes widen and grabs Omni by the shoulders, his tail wagging behind excitedly. For the first time since he had come here, he looked awake. 

"OMNI. WHERE DO YOU FIND OUT IF YOU CAN LEARN MAGIC. WHERE ARE THOSE PEOPLE WHO CAN ENCHANT YOU."

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Edmund was quite surprised as the always tired ostrich suddenly sprang into action and grabbed the technically not even humanoid life? form on their...shoulders, and he found himself saying the words "I uh, think that magic is one of those things that you are born with, maybe we can have a Wizard test you later when we get inside? At least we found something you're passionate about anyway...".

And he had a rather curious tone to his voice as he said "A wizard to enchant you? What? So you want someone to try and turn you into a frog or set you on fire? Because I am not sure why someone would want that....".

• Support Squad

Polly flinched back from the suddenly very alert and enthusiastic werewolf. "Oh my God, you scared me, why so excited? Wait, no, I guess I can answer that for myself; It's magic." She sighed a little, suddenly her heart rate was climbing again. "But wow this is the one thing that seems to have caught your attention, huh?" 

"You could always try Mad Science if you want to emulate magic. Although I think this school discriminates against that kind of thing. My cousin applied but he didn't get in... Probably a bad thing now that I think about it. I mean, do you know how many people like that rant about how people "Called them mad"? It's a fair majority."

Rocky scratches his chin before shrugging with a noncommittal grunt.