[IC] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

Edmund shrugged as he picked up his guitar and slung it's strap over his shoulders, he then looked at his phone for a moment, as if trying to remember the lyrics and he said in his best stereotypically Ameerucan accent "Alright pardner, just this once...".

He then opened his mouth, and sang.

"Nibblin' on sponge cake~".

But slower

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually elicits a short giggle out of the boy. "Yes. I am Korean. 저는  정 성민. I am not a boyband, though, haha. What is your name?" He adjusts his beanie slightly.

Edited by Rec4lls

The peal of laughter from Chloe would seem to indicate that she finds his fake American accent amusing, and the two quick little claps that immediately follow that laugh indicate that she's quite pleased he knows the song. She then sits down and attentively listens to his singing, smiling brightly.

When the song ends, Chloe claps again and comments "Yay, that was really good! Darn, I really shouldn't have left my guitar back in Li'hue, if I'd known there woulda been other people playing guitar I wouldn't have. Guess I'll just have to spring for one sometime!"

"My name's Lin Zoren." He answers, before he continues munching on the rest of the tuna. One would be able to tell that he eats the fish thoroughly; not even a single bit of bone was left. In a few seconds, the fish is already gone. "Are you a siren? Those wings are a dead giveaway," he asked.

Edited by IntSys

After the song ended Edmund handed the guitar over to Chloe, and he said "Well why don't you sing me a song then?" Although his face just seemed glad that he was no longer doing something as embarrassing as singing a Jimmy Buffet song, I mean what's next? Bruce Springsteen?.

Chloe's eyes practically (albeit not literally) sparkled when Edmund handed her the guitar, and she ran her fingers over the strings, getting a feel for the guitar. "Alright, hmmm, do I give you a more mainland country song, or a less county more Hawaiian song... hmmmm... I might have to mess with your guitar for the latter, so maybe I should just go with a more straightforward country song! I don't usually spend much time on the internet, but I did join a guitar forum once back when I was learning. There was this one guy from Lexington, really liked this one song..." She began to strum, and the song she sang wasn't the most musically demanding, but it was pretty funny, and the edges of Chloe's lips kept quirking up as she sang. She sang, of course, an octave or two higher than the original lyrics, given that it's a song sung by a guy, but sing she did, and she did have a pretty good voice. "Well, I left Kentucky back in '49, an' went to Detroit workin' on a 'sembly line..."

Edmund had a rather surprised smile as he listened to the sandy lady sing that fun little tune, and he had a slight twinkle in his eye as he joined her when she sang

"I'd get it one piece at a time~

And it wouldn't cost me a dime~".

After the song had ended he reluctantly took the guitar back from her. Before he said with an actually genuine smile on his face "We just might have to start a band later, it was quite nice to hear someone else sing that song. Also do you happen to know anyone from group 12?".

Exorcia looks over to Edmund with a face of disgust and gives him the glare while she has her headphones on. She crosses her arms and tells him coldly.

"Do you mind not singing. You're annoying. I'm trying to listen to my music. I hope you don't take it offensively, but I have a hard time trusting anyone. And well, I'm usually shy but I guess now I feel a bit selfish" she tells him.

"By the way, in case you didn't know, we're all from group 12 no duh."

Great. Now I have a singing guy and some energetic people. Just what I needed in my life. Exorcia thought to herself

Evidently Chloe had gotten fairly absorbed in her own singing, as she started just a little when Edmond joined in, barely keeping from breaking her singing. But after her initial surprise she managed to roll with it, and was smiling brightly again as she finished and Edmund took his guitar back. "A band? Whew, that does kinda sound like a lot of commitment, especially considering chances are this place is gonna just keep me super confused since this is, well, actually my first time leaving Hawaii, but I do actually like the sound of i--"

That's when Exorcia came in and suddenly demanded that they stop singing --going so far as to call it "annoying"-- and Chloe was immediately stunned into silence, a bit of hurt showing in her eyes thanks to the sudden presence of a very cold demeanor and the insults coming with it, even if it was clearly primarily directed at Edmund. "U-umm..."

Edmund simply smiled rather devilishly, picked up his bag and coat, and started playing his guitar to a rather particular tune, he didn't sing the opening bars because he didn't have enough time, but he simply sang with as sardonic and insulting tone as possible 

"If you waste your time a talking 
To the people who don't listen
To the things that you are saying
Who do you thinks gonna hear?
And if you should die explaining how
The things that they complain about
Are things they could be changing
Who do you thinks gonna care?
There were other lonely singers
In a world turned deaf and blind
Who were crucified for what they tried to show
And their voices have been scattered by the swirling winds of time
‘Cause the truth remains that no one wants to know".

Full Song

As he sings that song he gently walked away from the rather rude woman, while using his shoulder to rather gently prod Chloe away from her.

Chloe was all too quick to remove herself from the situation now that she was being given an opportunity to -- it was Chloe's normal method of conflict resolution after all. She left rather more rapidly than Edmund did, even. Once he nudged her, she hurriedly got away, moving back towards the crowd, and then moving straight to the other side of it from Exorcia. She looked upset as she walked by, but a little upset rather than, say, worldcrushed -- that is to say, not looking depressed or anything, but definitely not happy.

Exorcia was very impressed by Edmund's response. She follows him and apologize.

"Sorry, that was a test. Exorcia Miranda. Please to make your acquaintance." she said as she tries to shake Edmund's hand.

"I see that you are a song person. In that case, have one of my recommendations: Full Song

Exorcia then walks away smiling towards Edmund and putting back on her headphones

Edmund shook her hand out of extremely British politeness, and he put on the fake smile his father said would be needed when talking to the little people, and he nudged his head slightly towards Chloe's current position before saying "I'm not the one you should apologize to miss, and there is a reason why we call them The Animals" before walking off to another part of the crowd where people wouldn't suddenly interrupt a man for liking Country music.

He then opened his phone and went to a particular set of lyrics for a very particular song.

Edited by Cronos5010

A tall, imposing and busty woman strides confidently over towards the group, a black coat draped over her shoulders held together by a gold chain across the collar, the sleeves flapping in the wind as she hefts two camping backpacks with one hand and a large luggage case with the other. Her blonde hair and lavender eyes immediately make her stand out, probably because she's already about seven foot tall with the build of an athlete and having a head of golden hair tends to make you even more obvious in a crowd. As she approaches, she seems to be taller than even Rocky, which seems almost impossible.

She takes one look at the group, before confidently striding towards Chloe instead. She looks down, tilting her head.

"Are you okay? You seem upset. Are these people bothering you?"

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Edmund doesn't really know who the tall lady in the black coat is, and while he does approve of her choice of clothing the best thing he could say about the way she wore it was that it was quite interesting, but either way he barges in, places his guitar on the floor, and says to Chloe "Right! Listen to this" before singing the following song.

https://youtu.be/buqtdpuZxvk

"Oh, uh, those people? U-uh, no, I haven't even met them!" Chloe looks at the person talking to her, and once again finds herself tilting her head upwards to speak -- this person was massive too! Wow! It took a couple of seconds for her to regain her composure after blatantly being in awe of the size of Idunn. "U-umm... don't worry about me, I'm fine!" Blackadder (who hadn't given her his first name) then barged in again, and began to sing again -- and the song that he was singing was such a fun one that she couldn't help but have the edges of her mouth quirk up again. Chloe wasn't a naturally sad person, after all, just a little sensitive.

After finishing with singing the little song he held out his right hand towards the towering lady and said "No she just got here after someone else insulted her, my name is Blackadder, I would give you her name but it feels a bit rude to do so without her permission".

William Hearthstone

Dragging my large brown trolley along the cemented road, I walk towards the entrance of Aurora University. I am filled with a bit of nervousness and excitement as I try to find my way. I remember that I am a part of the twelfth group, so I try to find a sign to where my group should be staying. I see a small group of people gathered in the side. They seem to be in a fine discussion. I am a tad bit disappointed; I had hoped to interact with them earlier.

I decide that it would be best to join them though, so I gather up my courage and approach them. I know what words I should say and how I should talk to them since I kind of prepared them beforehand due to being afraid that I would give off a bad impression. "This is Group Twelve, right?" I greet the group with a pleasant smile on my face. I try to not look as nervous as I am and simply say this with as much confidence as I could muster.

"I'm William Hearthstone. You can call me Will though, if you'd like." I extend my hand to them as I greet them formally. "Nice to meet you all. I hope that we can be good friends."

[OOC: I am currently on an outing, so I might not be able to reply immediately. I'll be free though later in the evening.]

7 minutes ago, Cronos5010 said:

After finishing with singing the little song he held out his right hand towards the towering lady and said "No she just got here after someone else insulted her, my name is Blackadder, I would give you her name but it feels a bit rude to do so without her permission".

5 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

William Hearthstone

Dragging my large brown trolley along the cemented road, I walk towards the entrance of Aurora University. I am filled with a bit of nervousness and excitement as I try to find my way. I remember that I am a part of the twelfth group, so I try to find a sign to where my group should be staying. I see a small group of people gathered in the side. They seem to be in a fine discussion. I am a tad bit disappointed; I had hoped to interact with them earlier.

I decide that it would be best to join them though, so I gather up my courage and approach them. I know what words I should say and how I should talk to them since I kind of prepared them beforehand due to being afraid that I would give off a bad impression. "This is Group Twelve, right?" I greet the group with a pleasant smile on my face. I try to not look as nervous as I am and simply say this with as much confidence as I could muster.

"I'm William Hearthstone. You can call me Will though, if you'd like." I extend my hand to them as I greet them formally. "Nice to meet you all. I hope that we can be good friends."

[OOC: I am currently on an outing, so I might not be able to reply immediately. I'll be free though later in the evening.]

Idunn extends her hand to both people in turn. It's clear that from shaking her grip is firm and restrained, as she seems like the kind of person who could legitimately crush your hands with ease.

"I am Idunn Thormundsdottir, daughter of Sigrun, daughter of  Kriemhild. And who insulted her, may I ask?"

Chloe blinked a couple of times at the sudden influx of people, and once introductions start flying around, Chloe introduces herself on instinct. "Oh! My name is Chloe Kauai, it's nice to meet you all!" 

She then put her hands back up, in a placating gesture towards Idunn. "Uh, I would really rather you didn't make a big deal out of it, please!"

A hooded figure in an opaque parka was staring around at the university beyond the gate, presumably lost in thoughts. He was rather small, but not too small as to arouse suspicion. The voices of the others at the gate startled him out of his reverie, and he turned to join them.

“Hi! I’m Omni!” they announced, oblivious to the commotion. They waved his gloved hand enthusiastically. Omni was covered from head to toe in a canary yellow parka, despite the fact that it was not raining. Their face was, at a glance, human enough, though it was mostly obscured by a sanitary mask. Somebody who looked at his face more might see that while his skin was pale, it was not exactly consistent in color, subtly changing in shade. This one, a person might note, was not exactly the best at inconspicuousness.