[IC] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

Aiko blinks as another very tall person arrives to talk to her. "Yes, a shrine maiden... I mostly just make sure everything's in order, my mom takes care of any kind of services." Then the stuff about... some Thor guy? "...Who?"

Oh, *those* guys? They're total jerks sometimes... hardly share their alcohol...

Who? 

Nevermind, doesn't matter for you.

Rocky helpfully clarifies for her. 

"Y-Yes, Shinto. Sorry to disappoint you... oh, I'm actually uh... human. I think I still count at least."

Selfish little brat.

"I think the point is that we're right outside a city, so somebody could be passing by and hear us."

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yes, but we're still close to the city. Some random person can just walk by and suddenly it's Jamestown all over again. And besides, the school wants us to act normal anyways. Bad idea to get in trouble with the admins on day one."

Rocky combs back his hair with his hand before sighing.

"I'm Rocky by the way. Technically speaking I don't have a proper species but I was frankensteined together... I take it you're either some kind of half giant or a Valkyrie?"

"The college has operated long enough that I sincerely doubt they didn't think about that somehow. And I am indeed a valkyrie, and proud of it. Proud enough to want to talk about my homeland in unveiled terms."

It's clear Idunn's not particularly happy about having to pretend to be mortal again. Not for the first time. She frowns.

"Sorry. I have lived in Midgard long enough to get tired of having to pretend to be human for the sake of normality, can you really blame me for wanting to act as I am and not as normality dictates?"

Edited by ElfCollaborator

"Hah, what? Well, I actually like the sun! It's just that my caretakers were worried I'd look conspicuous if I tried to appear convincingly human," Omni said, impying that they were, well, not human, "Although if you ask me, they would've sidestepped that problem if they just let us wait inside...."

The mostly-concealed person seemed to... wobble? As they think, "Oh! I'd love to learn more about all of you here, but I was also told that I shouldn't talk much until we get inside and I shouldn't speak so loudly I guess..." Omni trailed off, simply thoughtfully listening to the conversation.

Edited by Cinder99

• Support Squad

Polly stood to the side, crossing her arms and fidgeting slightly. she had shown up and introduced herself, kinda, and then everyone had hopped into their own dialogue centring around an admittedly cute fox-girl-person(?). The random cold shoulder from the valkyrie was offputting so she had a look at some of the other people gathered around. In particular, someone dressed ina  horrifically gaudy yellow parka and... a mask of some kind? They were asking about everyone else, perfect! 

"Hi, like I said, over there, uh..." She felt so awkward repeating herself but she wasn't sure if the blob had heard her. "I'm Polly, I'm a half ghost here, I'm looking to major in fashion! How about you?"

"I suppose I don't really know about having to hide. Number one, kind of hard to do so to begin with on account of the... everything. Number two, I've not really been out much."

Rocky shrugs before taking a moment to stretch.

"So... do you guys still take souls and stuff? Or have reapers taken the part over? Or is it like, dependent on religion or something?"

"...Probably, yeah. I assume that some colleges in the country have walls to keep out trespassers? I've heard that there's been lots of murders in schools before..."

Aiko had to admit, a wall is pretty damn eye-catching. Were they magically making it seem normal?

"That's...cool." Shaun commented without an effort to come up with any other descriptors other than 'cool'.

He takes off his beanie to show her his wolf ears. "Well...you're not the only one then..."

I guess we're okay with the whole not-human thing. Then I should get more comfortable.

He also pulled out his tail from under his shirt. "Well...I am a werewolf so...I guess I am happy to meet you..."

"Oh...and hello everyone else...my name is Shaun..." he said with another yawn. He looked back at the walls he slept for about 5 seconds upon. "With how far this place is from everywhere else...I think they don't need to hide it..."

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

After a while Blackadder nodded and popped another mint candy into his mouth. At this point in the day a part of him was regretting not bringing a drink with him as his throat was rather parched and it was starting to show in his voice. But he simply made a mental shrug and said "So what did you come here to study Chloe? I know not a lot of people know what they want to major in this soon, but I was just wondering...".

After hearing Chloe's response he turned slightly to face The Parka wearing one with a rather odd look on his face, and he said in as calm and easy to understand of a tone he could muster "You are implying that you aren't Human".

Chloe lightly scratched at her cheek as she spoke. "I'm not really one hundred percent sure, Blackadder. Uh, maybe something travel or hospitality related? I think my being here is in large part kind of a... supernatural-political thing, I was just happy to get to see a new place, yaknow?" At Edmund's remark to Omni, Chloe leaned in and whispered conspiratorially: "I'm pretty sure that most of us aren't, Blackadder."

3 hours ago, Twinwolf said:

"...Probably, yeah. I assume that some colleges in the country have walls to keep out trespassers? I've heard that there's been lots of murders in schools before..."

Aiko had to admit, a wall is pretty damn eye-catching. Were they magically making it seem normal?

"I think that they're probably placing a glamour to make it seem normal from the outside. Muggles most likely see this as something which does not catch their interest, perhaps as a normal field or just a plain wall." William answers Aiko with a serious expression. His left hand was on his chin, as if he was deeply thinking.

Finally, I have something I could respond to. I didn't think I could relate to what some were talking about with their specie type. Being a wizard human seems tough. William reflects these thoughts to himself. I'll try to associate with them, I suppose.

"You're a human, right?" William angles his face towards the man who called himself Blackadder as he asks with a curious expression.

Aiko blinked as Shaun took off the hoodie and showed the wolf ears. At least she wasn't alone in the whole 'animal-ears and tail' thing? "Oh, never met one before. Nice to meet you."

Oh, he might eat you if you get near him on the full moon. You're small enough.

...Can you not be quiet for five minutes?

I technically can but I lack the capacity.

To the other man: "Yeah, that seems like it'd be the obvious answer... although, we don't know if that extends to us, since we're outside of it."

"Yeah...werewolves in my area try to keep to themselves...especially since a lot of people forget that lycanthropy is passed through birth and try to hunt us down..."

"Well...this is a magic school...I don't think it would be allowed to have normal humans here..." he commented to the wizard looking figure. "I think the closest person you can find...is you or Aiko..."

He sipped the last of the condiments in his cup, and then opened his backpack for a thermo. Then, realising half way that he had forgotten to bring a thermo, he instead dug around for a water bottle. After finding a small one, he started to pour water into his cup. He seemed to dowse off half-way, only to come back into consciousness just in time for him to not overfill the cup. It would be a wonder to onlookers how he doesn't forget to breathe.

"I mean... I know that at least one person of my type didn't have much trouble with cutting off something passed through birth. Also, I'm completely human technically."

Technically in this case meaning that he's completely human... several of them to be exact. Gives a whole new meaning to donating your body to science.

Blackadder would have rolled his eyes at Chloe's statement, but to be fair the tone of the voice he was using to speak to Omni may have not been obvious as he repeated his statement by saying "Yes I know but you are implying that you aren't Human, and since the entire point of your rather silly outfit is to not seem like an oddity.....you may want to work on that".

Upon hearing the question that Will had asked he simply smiled deviously, turned to face the man so swiftly that he presumably almost knocked Chloe away a bit, which was a course of action that he would have apologized for if he had the time to do anything other than say "Technically yes, but also no, I am basically Human+ over here, since how many Human beings do you know of that can fuck around with the laws of reality?" He then mimed counting something with his fingers and continued with "I would cast a spell right now, but I am pretty sure that the reason they erected those large and imposing stone walls was to hide their students away from prying eyes, and also to create an easily defendable position I guess".

Chloe was indeed accidentally pushed away by Edmund, and she stumbled backwards with an "Eeep!", windmilling her arms... or rather, because she was still carrying Edmund's guitar, windmilling one arm, which made it considerably less effective on the whole. So Chloe found herself slipping backwards, as one foot missed the ground... and her fall suddenly slowed down as she instinctively floated slightly, so that she was a couple of inches off of the ground and more or less just rotating backwards while she hovered, and she even missed the ground again with a surprised kick of her foot, before finally reaching down with her leg, straightening herself up, and grounding herself. She had a fairly scarlet blush on her face, now though, and she was looking around to make sure noone saw that who shouldn't have. "Whoops..." At least she didn't drop Edmund's guitar.

Edited by Powder Miner

"Well, I technically am Human+, as well. I do have inborn magical abilities and I have been raised to learn spells which wizards can do. I need to learn more about my magical heritage though, and I thunk that Aurora University can answer my magical needs." William tells Edmund with a smile on his face.

"I guess... we have lots of wizards here then...that's good. I was about to worry if no-one knew how to do a werewolf potion..." He commented.

So there's William, Edmund and Cloe...I probably should remember the names...

In a perfect world the moment that Chloe had started to fall, his reflexes would kick in and he would keep her from falling in a pose that wouldn't look out of place on the poster of a popular romantic comedy, and he would say something snappy and cool that would be his catchphrase.

But in this world all that happened was that he reached out his hand to take the guitar from her to possibly keep her from falling or not damage his father's old guitar and ended up missing and bumping into Hearthstone.

But after he saw that she was in no danger whatsoever he simply shrugged and said in as sarcastic of a tone he could manage "Well that went well".

William Hearthstone was taken aback when Edmund suddenly bumped him as he tried to stop Chloe from falling. Unlike Chloe who almost fell when she was pushed by Edmund earlier, but didn't due to her ability to float, William is able to not lose his balance and instead, just be moved slightly backward. He notices that Chloe wasn't helped by Edmund in any way or at least apologized for it even if he was the one who nearly caused her to fall, so he decides to inquire if Chloe's fine. "Are you okay, Chloe?"

Edited by Monsieur Divergent