[IC] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

"I am Idunn Thormundsdottir, daughter of Sigrun, daughter of Kriemhild," Idunn confidently declares, her stance belying her pride in her family. "I am the daughter of a Valkyrie, and the blood of the Vanir runs through my veins. I am a woman, and so I would like to be referred to as one. As for a thing about myself? I have been trained in the use of the weapons of my mothers' people."

One wonders how Idunn managed to hide that she was in fact not at all human.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edmund strummed his guitar a bit as he says "As you know my name is Edmund Blackadder, and quite frankly I don't really feel the need to identify as anything other than a he" he then shrugs a bit before putting down the guitar and putting on a serious tone of voice "Quite frankly the only major difference between me and your average Joe would be that you average Joe can't cast Wizardly spells". He stops for a moment to consider what trait he would want to emphasize, and he then glances at his guitar "I used to be in a Highschool Band, and I am still pretty good with a Guitar if I do say so myself.".

William is impressed by what Aimi has asked the group to do. Though the activity may be a simple introduction, he still thinks that it's a good way to promote friendship among the group. He then steps to the front of the group and begins introducing himself. "A good day to all of you! I am William Hearthstone." He introduces himself cheerfully, his smile wider than anyone's. "I am male, so please use the pronouns he/him/his. As for my species, I am a human, who has an affinity with the magical arts. A thing I can say about myself is that I am helpful and cooperative, so if you have any trouble or concern, tell me and I'll try my best to help if it's within my capabilities."

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

"I'm majoring in History," Zoren answers, "nice stuff. It'd help me a lot in the long run."

He turns to the rest of the group and tries to match his grin with William's, but he realizes how ridiculous it is halfway through and decides to settle with a light smile.

"I'm Lin Zoren. While I usually take a human form, I'm actually a sea dragon. As for pronouns... well, it should be obvious with me taking such form. Use 'he', thanks."

"Oh right, if you ever find the weather to be less than ideal, hit me up and I'll see what I can do," he added with a smirk.

Shaun looked up to see everyone introducing themselves. He didn't quite understand a lot of the species names that the others were saying... all he knew was humans and wizards perhaps. The rest he heard about it in class, but never actually met.

Wow...this will be... interesting.

"Hello...my name is Shaun Goldsworth...I'm a werewolf of the Silverfangs Clan...and I am a he..." he seemed to fall asleep yet again. His statement about himself was quite self-apparent at this point.

Rocky resists the urge to jab the werewolf with his elbow. Instead he decides to just go on for himself.

"I'm Rocky, I'm a dude so I'd like it if you used He/Him pronouns... I'm a uh... well, you know Frankenstein? I'm like the guy he made but not as pointlessly murderous. One interesting thing about me is that... I do full contact European Martial arts."

Rocky shrugs to himself. He didn't actually think it was that interesting but he didn't think people would believe him if he said that he memorized several monologues from Shakespeare.

"Hello, my name is Exorcia Miranda. I'm a Human Inquisitor. I'm a woman so I guess you can use a she pronoun. One interesting thing about me....well there's a lot, so I'll start with the obvious. I like to listen to music."

Aiko sighs as they get within the walls, and removes her oversized backpack and places it on the ground, before pulling up the handle - turns out it's one of those rolling backpacks and she was just keeping it on to hide the tail - which sort of flops out from a hole cut in her pants almost immediately. "Ahhhh, that feels much better..." she mutters.

Hey, pay attention.

Wha- ooooh they're introducing themselves...

Aiko hastily bows. "My name is Aiko Fuyumi, and it's a pleasure to meet you all!" she says as she returns to an upright position. "I'm a woman, so female pronouns would be nice. I'm a human, and worked at my family's shrine up until now." she says that she's 'human' without missing a beat. As her ears twitch again and her tail sort of swooshes behind her, perhaps making that a bit hard to believe.

You're forgetting something!

I am not going to dignify your presence by acknowledging you unless someone else asks.

• Support Squad

Polly watched dreadfully as the circle spoke up and became closer and closer to her. She wet her lips and cleared her throat before speaking up with a hint of frustration in her voice as she was forced to go through one of these stupid exercises.. "I'm Polly Geist, I'm pretty clearly a girl unless my fashion sense has been fucking up and I'm a half ghost, it's not easy to notice so I've just been going to human school. An interesting thing about me si that I hate circle introductions that single people out in front of all our peers." She then not so subtly glared at their guide.

Exotic speaks towards Polly with her arms crossed and her headphones down: "If you want us to trust you, you might as well introduce yourself. I don't like it either, but if we're going to be in this school, you should introduce yourself and not be hostile towards us." she said in a calm cool voice.

"Speak for yourself, miss!" Zoren scoffs at Exorcia's remark. "And besides, introductions can be done anywhere, anytime, and at different degrees. I'm sure that no one here can be described in just a few sentences out of the blue."

"As for hostility, you're definitely the biggest offender. You can't just 'test' people by bashing their preferences, and use it as an excuse for your attitude!" his voice grew louder and louder. "That's just, wrong!"

• Support Squad

"Woah, calm down guys, I think you'll find I did introduce myself, Exordia or whatever your name was, and I wasn't even being hostile, just petty, because I like doing that sometimes. There's an interesting thing about me if you really wanted it. Zoren, Sir, Dragon, I appreciate you tagging in here but maybe we can keep a lid on arguments until after orientation and we all know where to storm off in a huff, yeah?" Polly didn't like Exorcia for hypocritically singling her out, according to Zoren, but she didn't want this being a spectacle in front of their group right now.

Zoren sighs and backs down. Behaviors like these bug him to no end, and not being able to stop them bugs him even more. On the plus side, if he's lucky, he won't be seeing the girl very often.

Edmund silently judged the both of them as he tried to change the subject to a much lighter one by asking "So what are you guys majoring in? You don't have to tell me as it is a very personal matter, but I would like to know".

"I don't know yet. For now, I'm doing general ed. But, I do have a interest in magic and martial arts." Exorcia replied "How about you? What are you majoring in?" she asked Edmund

Exorcia seems to have taken an interest in Rocky. Whenever she looks at Rocky, she somehow sees herself in him.

"Interesting" she replied while giving her glare of approval to Rocky.

Exorcia thinks for a while before asking: "Do you believe in justice? Do you think it works?" she asked Rocky

Rocky raises an eyebrow at the girl's questioning.

"That's something a little personal to be asking someone you just met don't you think?"

He pauses a moment before shrugging.

"Anyways, I suppose that justice is a bit, how do ya say... nebulous to believe in. I want to keep people safe. Whether I just act as a deterrent or if I'm out actively protecting people. Although, I guess if justice means that people are safe then I'll do that as well."

"I see. Interesting. You have my respect. I wish you luck." Exorcia replies with her calm cool voice while crossing her arms.

Exorcia felt like she wanted to be friends with Rocky, but she wasn't sure how to express that. She decided to wait for the right moment. She then walks away from Rocky smiling, putting her headphones back on.

Edmund's hand rummaged around the coat of his pocket....no matter how hard he tried he could never find that blasted mobile device fast enough "Necromancy, and before you ask...it's a family matter, although I can't help but think that conversing with the spirits of the dead has many other uses....".

Chloe had mostly been hovering (sometimes, though not usually literally) around the outskirts of the little group during the brief flare-up; she was not the type who handled conflict very well, and she'd been hesitant to get involved at all. Once the conversation moved on, however, she was more comfortable in speaking up, even if she was still audibly a bit nervous. "Uhmm, I'm not one hundred percent sure yet what I want to do for my major, since I haven't had a lot of opportunity up until now to figure out exactly what. But I'm thinking that if, like, hospitality or travel or something related are options, I might go for 'em. Kauai is a tourist county after all!"

Edmund nodded along to Chloe's response as he continued his presumably vain quest to find his mobile phone "Ah, well that is quite interesting, I think it may teach you a thing or two about politics".

After a while the man gave up his search and shrugged his shoulders in indifference, which caused the mobile phone he was looking for fall out of of his right sleeve and impacted the ground with an odd *Thud* sound. Edmund swiftly picked up the mobile phone and started to look for something inside of it while muttering the words "damn, damn, not again" underneath his breath.

"I'm taking up Magic as my major. I've always been fascinated by Magic and I hope to hone my affinit with in in Aurora University. I'm taking up academic classes for my other classes in this University." William responds to the question posed, his tone excited and cheerful.

Chloe giggled a little and lightly scratched her cheek. "Ehehe, politics is really more of Honolulu's thing, Edmund. It's all a bit much for me, I'm afraid, and Honolulu -- uh, Honolulu County's spirit, that is, has it handled pretty well anyway! The guy is super competent."

The dropping of his phone and his ensuing cursing got a frown from her. "Uh oh. Did it break?"