[IC] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

"IF MAGIC CAN TURN PEOPLE INVISIBLE. THEN" Shaun's tail went even faster at the prospect, "I CAN TAKE INVISIBLE NAPS.

ANYWHERE. ANYTIME. FOR HOW EVER LONG I WANT." His eyes seemed to sparkle in anticipation.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edmund sighed a bit as he heard Shaun shout out the reason why he wanted to learn magic, but to be fair the man might have been joking, and even if he wasn't it would be quite interesting to see if it was possible "While magic usually takes some measure of concentration to maintain. I can't help but admit that I could think of worse reasons to want to learn magic, and let's face it, if you do succeed with this goal, you will probably have an entire school of magic named after you. So I'll tell you what, why don't I try and find out if the academy has a magical aptitude test later.... I'm pretty sure that being able to maintain the concentration needed to have an active Invisibility spell up is enough to get you some rather good grades. Although I actually can think of a problem with it already...".

• Support Squad

Polly was laughing now. It was adorable that Shaun was getting so excited over such a mundane reason. "Oh lord, that's hilarious, I have to like the idea." She was snickering. "Alright, if you want to play hooky for one of your invisible naps, I'll cover you on it. At least you won't get caught like some of my old friends."

"It's a bit over kill though isn't it? I mean, from what I know you don't need to even go to classes unless you want to graduate. So he could just sleep in his dorm."

Rocky effectively hides the growing distaste he has for Shaun's lack of seriousness about coming to this school. If he really just wanted to sleep he could have just stayed home.

• Support Squad

"I think I saw an article on Facetome that said something like most of our thinking, percolating? thoughts happen when sleeping though." Polly said vaguely. She didn't know if it was true but it was a fun lil fact for her. "Maybe he'll wake up and know like, the quadratic formula for how fire works or something.

Edmund just stared at the woman after hearing her say those words, he just stared until he finally found a tone of voice that could display how wrong he thinks that line of thinking is so that he could finally say "That's just, not how magic works, like....what. Also don't give the man the idea that he can learn magic while sleeping, the idea of learning things while you are asleep is bunk, but it does help you remember the things you have learnt earlier when you are awake.".

Shaun grinned with dog-like enthusiasm. "YES! THAT WILL BE MY GOAL! TO BECOME THE BEST SORCERER AND BE ABLE TO NAP INVISIBLY!"

After his proclamation, his excitement dropped straight back down to his semi-comatose state, his tail drooping behind him. His dark circles under his eyes seemed to have become darker and his speech drowsier. "Thanks for the offer...Polly...I'll get back to you when I need it..." He gave her a warm smile. He seemed like he appreciated the offer. 

Well...that's my goal number two then...learn magic!

"I'll try to study...when I'm awake..." Then to top the irony off, he seems to drift off to sleep then come back to reality once again. He seemed rather unconcerned for his academic performance right now, dozing off every now and then. However, hidden by the tall collar of his shirt, he held a small smile.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Edmund simply nods to the muscly man's statement, and he says "I am actually a Wizard, and as I have previously said, magic doesn't work that way, you don't just wake up and suddenly learn how to throw a fireball at people". He then realizes that he has been quite rude as he doesn't know who the muscly man is, and he held out his right hand to offer him a handshake before saying "I don't believe that I have introduced myself to you before, my name is Blackadder".

Rocky gives "Blackadder" a firm handshake. He smirks at the name.

"What, like the snake? Did you call yourself that to look cool or did your parents just want you to get bullied in middle school...? Nah, just kidding bro, it's a good name. Joking aside, I'm Rocky."

• Support Squad

"I mean it was just an article I saw on the internet..." Polly mumbled, a little embarrassed now, as evinced by the slow rise of a blush in her face.. "It's nice to meet you both though, Rocky, Blackadder.... and Shaun" She hesitantly said, not sure if the sleeping werewolf would take notice.

For a moment Edmund thought if he should shake Rocky's hand with the firm and steady handshake of someone who wants to seem trustworthy and honest. But he eventually decided to give him the slightly limp handshake of someone who doesn't really care about seeming like anything "Rocky? Did you just want people to make Rock hard jokes or did your parents think they were being 'creative'?". Afterwards he turned to face the perhaps blushing young woman and said "It's nice to meet you to Miss Polly, and I if I may ask...what are you thinking of studying?".

• Support Squad

"Oh, I can reintroduce myself then, it's fine." Polly said, recovering her social balance. She cleared her throat a little. First impressions! "I'm Polly Geist and I want to study fashion, I'm looking at fashion for monsters, which is why this is a better place than any random college." She flipped her hair back in a forced attempt to seem casual. "How about you two? I feel like everyone is going to have some interesting goals in mind for this academy in particular."

Rocky turns back to Blackadder with a smile.

"You think my name's bad? You should hear about my brother Bullwinkle. Absolutely horrible."

Clearly he's just being funny. He turns back to Polly.

"Hm, maybe I can model some clothes for you later? I can assure you that I'm well built. But more seriously, I'm studying supernatural law enforcement. Already got a job lined up after college in the field and apparently people like me tend to work well due to being durable and really strong."

Rocky demonstrates by flexing, showing how his muscles bulge under his jacket.

• Support Squad

"Oooh, a man in uniform always looks good." Polly purred, a hunky model was not a bad thing at all. "I'd love to have a model as big as you, I'm used to working with trolls so you'd be a great transition. I'd love to find something that compliments your eyes too..." She slowly began murmuring to herself as she examined the flexing Frankenstein, getting excited about what she could do. "Ah, I'm sorry, I should save the fashion fussing for some other time." She said, snapping out of her focus.

Edmund nodded in response, at the very least she had a goal, and if the non human races wanted to integrate into the world itself, there should be a fashion world waiting for them somewhere; since let's face it, you can't really be a modern day and cultured person without wearing good looking clothes.

He then picks up his guitar and starts strumming it a bit "As I said I am a Wizard, it uh...should be pretty obvious what I want to study, since you know, Chemistry is a surprisingly useful thing to study isn't it? Also....".

He stops strumming for a moment to take his great grandfather's silver ciggarilo case, and offers her a mint candy.

• Support Squad

"Are you wooing me with fancy candy? Because I'll take the candy," And she did, quickly grabbing it and popping it her mouth as she spoke, "and I mean, I figured a wizard would wanna cover their bases and do judo or something. Stop that whole stereotype of being scrawny lil geeks by flipping someone onto the concrete and THEN doing some fancy magic."

The Rocky spoke up and she nearly choked on the mint as she snorted in laughter. "Oh my god dude, that's so on the nose it hurts my funny bone. I'll be sure to give you a call though, don't you worry." She trailed off into more snickers. Innuendos were great.

Blackadder laughed as he heard Polly's statement about scrawny Wizards, but he then replies with "I think you have been watching too many Wizards, a Proper and experienced Wizard would have either been invisible at the time, or they would have just activated the many spells they had prepared for defending themselves against random attackers and drown the man in so many magical beams that it would like an impromptu pride parade. That or I could just take the classy way out and see if stopping time is a possibility, and then spend the few moments of absolute control I have to create a tea set for him to sit down across, and paint so many explosive runes on a canvas that the explosion would presumably annihilate him, and then spend the remaining moments having tea in the distance as he freaks out. Also I am considering taking fencing classes.".

• Support Squad

Polly blinked at Blackadder. "Right, OK, remind me not to piss off the people who can fuck with the natural laws of the universe. I'll just stick to fashion advice." She then eyed Blackadder's outfit now. She'd noted it before but it hadn't really sunk in just how... god what was the drab equivalent of gaudy? So much black, he needed some colour in his life. Sure you can't go wrong with black on a special occasion but that was stuff like suits and cocktail dresses. For a day like today... Yeesh. She refrained from saying as much though, it would be plain rude to badger a man about his clothes as soon as she met him.

"Hello Polly...well, the original reason I came here was...because my last school wasn't very good...and my clan didn't like me very much...so I moved." Shaun said.

Edmund shrugged at Polly's statement "Why would you need to be reminded?"; he then looked at the towering mass of muscle and stitches called "Rocky" for a moment.

Eventually out of politeness he asked Shaun "Ah, so what was your clan like?", before noticing the man's....tail and continuing with "Your uh.....protrusion is showing".