[IC] Aurora University for the Preternaturally Gifted

Chevaleresse

Edmund shrugged again before saying "Well then try and learn something from him, you will never know if you can be good at it if you never try. That and I have a cousin who majored in Hospitality, he said that he spent most of it learning the proper way to sit down and eat dinner".

Edmund continued using his apparently perfectly functional mobile phone for a while "I am more worried about the floor breaking".

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently obtaining the will to speak after a quick second, the winged boy steps forward. "Ah, hello. My name is 정 성민. I am a... a boy, so please... refer to me as such. I am also a harpy, so I have the wings." He folds said wings slightly. "An interesting about me, is..." He thinks for a bit. "Oh, I am a singer. People always saying- ah, say I am good, but I think that it is, ah, my blood." He laughs a little, though he rubs his hands together nervously, adjusting his scarf.

Omni had been watching everyone else, so much so that he had forgotten he was supposed to introduce himself. The slime boy was just looking around and smiling until he realized it was his turn.

"Oh! I'm Omni! I'm a nanobot swarm! My caretakers found me falling from the sky. I like learning about living beings, and I'm probably going to major in Biology!"

Aimi sighed at the group starting to bicker, but refrained from commenting as it sorted itself out. Honestly. She was just following a program, it wasn't like the circle introduction was even her idea. "Alright, that's everyone, right? Next on the list is a campus tour, which ends in the cafeteria for those of you that are going to get hungry. We won't go into every single building - mostly because some of them actually change around internally sometimes and I don't want to spend three hours in the alchemy labs again - but we'll cover the places where most of your first classes should be, as well as the important offices on campus. We'll start with the Burntwick Tower for Witchcraft, Sorcery, and Wizardry, or just the Tower for most people. That's where most of the magic classes are, though a couple of the bigger branches have their own buildings." She gestured for everyone to stand up with her. "Same rules apply as before: if you don't know what it is, don't touch it. There shouldn't be anything in the tower that can kill you unless you try really hard, but sometimes the profs get lazy." The tower itself was fairly difficult to mistake, as it, well, towered over the rest of the campus, bar another castle-like structure standing across the campus that, while somewhat shorter, was quite a bit more imposing. The Tower was composed of a grayish brick, smoother than one might expect and festooned with protrusions, including one where the architect had appeared to take the term "wing" literally in a swept-up structure. Each of these had its own pointed roof of a blue slate. 

The shinigami led them to the door before turning to face the group. "Any questions before we head inside?"

Shaun slowly opened his eyes. Despite being asleep for the last couple of minutes, he was the first to answer. "mmmno...I don't think..." 

One would be curious if Shaun actually knew what was being asked.

The shinigami made a face at the question of necromancy.  "No, but that's, um, an ongoing argument. I wouldn't bring it up if I were you. They do have their own wing right now, though."

"Let's get moving, then." She started the tour, leading the group around the building. Aimi highlighted the most important classrooms for new students, and did point in the general direction of the necromancy wing when they reached that floor. They progressed upward using a variety of magical devices, ranging from what was basically an escalator but made via enchanting a normal staircase to small reversed-gravity fields to one place where it was literally a contracted demon throwing people to the next floor. 

The group would have had a bit of time to talk while they moved through the halls.

"So... what advantage did that serve over a typical elevator? Or even just a magical one?"

Rocky was rather perplexed and also worried about the moral implications of having what appears to be a bound demon.

• Support Squad

"Maybe it's easier to maintain." Polly suggested to Rocky. "Magic parts might be more durable, who knows, we'll find out on the magic course." She was certainly looking forward to the class, though a small part dreaded losing that sense of wonder that came with just not knowing how it worked.

Rocky folds his arms.

"Or they're just mad that muggles can do it without magic anymore. I hear it's a pride thing among some of the type... no offense intended of course."

Rocky says, aware of the wizards present.

"It's a familiarity thing. Same amount of effort, as far as I know, but if you've got twenty wizards and no engineers. . .

Oh, and don't worry about Ted. He pretty much just likes throwing things, so it's actually a pretty sweet deal for him. Right Ted?" Aimi called down the hall, and received a demonic thumbs-up in response. "He also hears basically everything, by the way. Anyway, that's it for the Tower, everyone ready to move on?" 

"Hears everything? That's both convenient and disturbing at the same time... anyway, nice to meet you, Ted," he mimicked Aimi and called the demon.

"Oh, sure, I'm ready to go." Zoren answered.

Edmund looks at his surroundings for a moment, and he mentally written down their guide's reluctance to converse about the subject of Necromancy, and how wondrous looking the inside of the tower is, and he smiled a bit as he realized that the designers of this place was his kind of people "Why do something with boring old and easily explainable tech when you can wow the masses with these wondrous creations?" He then waved in a friendly manner at the demon named Ted.

"Magic...has been around longer... you can say it's old..." Shaun managed to squeeze out before drowsing back to sleep.

I wonder... where we going to sleep...? Hopefully somewhere... quiet...

"Alright, sounds good." Aimi led the group down and out of the Tower, and proceeded with the rest of the tour about campus. They hit a number of different destinations, including the library, a science center, something that appeared to be a gym for both humanoids and those with animal features, and the law building, which smelled faintly of dry paper and sulfur. Their final stop was actually relatively mundane looking: a modern student center, with high ceilings and just a little too much glass in the architecture. The cafeteria was on the second floor, while the first floor was occupied by an auditorium, a coffee shop, and the campus convenience store. 

The food on offer at the cafeteria was as diverse as the student body. There were "normal" foods like pizza and sandwiches, and rather more exotic things like slabs of raw meat, bags of live insects, and several varieties of glowing vials that seemed to be for the somewhat less fleshy residents on campus. Aimi handed out tickets to everyone in the group. "These are free meal passes, since you don't have your IDs yet. Give them to the cashiers, eat up, and then head to the third floor to get your IDs made; those will be your keys and your meal passes starting tomorrow. "

Shaun shuffles over to the coffee counter and orders a coffee, then shuffles back just enough to grab a sandwich and fall asleep at the cafeteria tables.

Hmm...coffee here is good...

As Edmund walked towards the cafeteria itself, he tipped an imaginary hat to the tour guide and said something along the lines of "Do you prefer tea or coffee Chloe?" as politely as possible.

He would pick up a tiny dash of honey along with a large glass of Earl Grey Tea along with some delicious looking fish and chips before plopping down on a nearby seat.

William remained quiet for most of the tour. He had been amazed by everything he had seen in the campus from the halls to the classrooms to the different facilities such as the library, the science room, and the cafeteria. Everything seeemed to sparkle, dazzle and glimmer in his eyes; he looked with awe at everything he saw, surprise and wonder were in his eyes. Though he was rich and lived in a luxurious and beautiful mansion, he had only set foot outside of their grand residence only a few times in his life. The Academy was a new experience and everything in it screamed "Amazing! Wonderful! Shining!" to him. 

William approached the cashiers and ordered a few food items. Most of the food items looked eccentric to him, perhaps those were food desired by the other races in the school. He decided to simply look at the mundane food which he was more familiar with. After ordering two slices of Hawaiian pizza and a few chicken nuggets, he sat in one of the vacant seats and began to enjoy the meal.

Zoren looks at the meal pass. He did just finish an entire fish... but, would it hurt to try what the cafeteria has to offer? He slides his pass to the cashier and orders a bowl of beef noodle stir fry. He then spends the next five minutes on the modest noodles, before finishing it with a sigh. Things really taste different when you're abroad, even when the names of the dishes are the same. However, the others seem to be quite accustomed to the tastes.

"Either I'm too picky, or I really need to travel more... " he mutters, before returning the empty bowl and going to the third floor to get his ID made.