Gen 2 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

okay so the teddy is the one you edetid, i jsut made the background transparent, then I made ursaring based off of the edits. let me know if there is anything you would like me to change, if not ill start making back sprites <3 (also need to do female of ursaring, but ill just do that when i do back sprites because they are gonna be the same color and what not just the female has longer fur by the armpit area

Trddy.png

Ursaring.png

Edited by ycoder321
mistake

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
5 hours ago, Desaya said:

I've never done anything like this but it was worth the try and at least I had some fun.

Reveal hidden contents

170.png  170b.png

This was a good try for your first time!, but I kinda want to move away from the black shinies a bit, so I went ahead and implemented your ideas into this. 

KQx2jQr.pngccjljMl.png

One thing you should work on is staying to the same resolution. Some pixels were 1x, while the rest were 2x. So it made the sprite look cut up and broken.

415a410e9de19d99e7c3add9354ee2eb.png

Mostly around this area. 

5 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

@Jan You are right, your pineco looks better (sorry for being a noob at this)
I will do the backs tomorrow (I hope)

It's fine. It's all a learning experience. 

5 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

I claim Wobbuffet for now, here's a draft I have. 

202s.png

Looking good so far! Shading is a little hard to see, but that's all I really have to say about this. 

3 hours ago, MakaTorracat said:

Shading issue (I think) fixed and backsprite :D

231s2.png

231bs.png

This'll do! 

2 hours ago, ycoder321 said:

okay so the teddy is the one you edetid, i jsut made the background transparent, then I made ursaring based off of the edits. let me know if there is anything you would like me to change, if not ill start making back sprites <3 (also need to do female of ursaring, but ill just do that when i do back sprites because they are gonna be the same color and what not just the female has longer fur by the armpit area

Trddy.png

Ursaring.png

Approved!

2 hours ago, ycoder321 said:

Also, can i claim quilfish owo?

ya. 

Also I finished up the Chikorita line. 

7yZRIjI.pngVKwhhnG.pngNntTpgK.png

My idea was the idea of a blooming flower. It changes into something different entirely. 

10 hours ago, Jan said:

So the rule I follow myself is that if you zoom out and can't notice a difference in shading, it's probably wrong. It's also tougher for you because you're using so many different shades of the same color. Try to keep this to a minimum. This will make things look cleaner.

I went ahead and switched the brown to red (It's easier for me to notice things with red than brown.) One thing you may notice is how each color can be differentiated from each other.

With the browns you chose, you can barely tell the difference. That way it makes it look messy. Some things you can do is lower the saturation for some shades, but I'd be careful while doing this as it can cause some color problems. 

If you have any specific trouble, don't hesitate to mention them. I'm here to help. 

Reveal hidden contents

a3623ddfe5fb50547417bb25e72cbeb0.png

I see! Thank you for help. I feel like it still needs some work but it looks better than before

ezimba17213773366600.gif

• Global Mods

Don't really have any experience with this but I'd like to help out, so I could give corsola a go (should be fairly simple). I can't get the download to work properly though... are the non-shiny sprites the same as reborn e16 and ok to use as a base? also any particular program recommendations?

EDIT: NVM, tabbed out and saw 5 zips on my desktop from trying to DL it. derp.

Edited by DreamblitzX
new development

• Veterans

I present to thee, the shinies for Espeon and Umbreon!

6CZR1IG.pngFvKBXT4.png

0SbspUx.pngISVomPq.png

If you couldn't tell, I based Espeon's on Luna from Sailor Moon, and Umbreon's on Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. :]

• Global Mods

Ok here's my first attempt at Corsola (no back sprite yet). any tips? I tried to kinda base it off of bleached coral reefs

corsolatest.png

Edit: It looks a bit different than when I open the file directly, kinda more smoothed?

Edited by DreamblitzX

And here are the sinies for Hoothoot, Noctowl and Celebi !

The Hoothoot line is slightly based on the snowy owls and for Celebi i just colored it with the blue of the antennas (that a colored in pink because i wanted to give a wink to the official shiny)

163s.png

163sb.png

164s.png

164sb.png

251s.png

251sb.png

• Global Mods
Just now, Siragon said:

And here are the sinies for Hoothoot, Noctowl and Celebi !

The Hoothoot line is slightly based on the snowy owls and for Celebi i just colored it with the blue of the antennas (that a colored in pink because i wanted to give a wink to the official shiny)

164s.png

Just gonna quickly point out that it's quite similar to the reborn shiny, not sure if that's any sort of issue

for comparison:

164s.png

Hmmm ok, since Noctowl looks a little like the Reborn one, i made a new version with withe wings so Jan can pick up wichever he prefers. Aaaand since it permitted me to see two pixels with the wrong colors, here is the first version with the correction

164s v2.png

164s.png

164sb v2.png

1 hour ago, gryson said:

why must every shiny be so dark, i think it isnt "shiny" then.....

Shiny doesn't necessarily mean "shiny," friend. Shiny, in terms of Pokemon, just means that it's a sprite that is a different color than the original, and are harder to obtain than normal colored Pokemon.

1 minute ago, Dypatome said:

Shiny doesn't necessarily mean "shiny," friend. Shiny, in terms of Pokemon, just means that it's a sprite that is a different color than the original, and are harder to obtain than normal colored Pokemon.

Yes, in Pokemon's case, when a pokemon is "Shiny", it means that that Pokemon has a colour pattern that is different from the original and that usually stands out.

hey, i know it doesnt has to be shiny with sparkles and stuff, but i find it all dark coloured shiny's

like the chinchou is "shiny", not dark.....

the noctowl line is dark

but hey, that just my opinion, great work ether way